Himachal Pradesh PG Medical Admission 2018 – Directorate of Medical Education & Research Himachal Pradesh has issued a notification for Post Graduate (MD/ MS / MDS) admission 2018. According to the notification 50% State quota PG (MD/MS & MDS) degree seats in Govt. Medical and Dental College and in Pvt. un-aided Dental Colleges of the State(State quota and Management Quota) shall be filled up on the basis of state merit which will be drawn on the basis of NEET(PG)-2018 and score of those candidates who have applied on the prescribed application form within stipulated date for admission to PG (MD/MS) degree courses in Govt. and private Medical Colleges for academic session 2018-2021.
Himachal Pradesh PG Medical Admission through NEET-PG 2018
All desirous eligible candidates may submit their original Application-Form complete in all respects to the Principal, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla -1 on or before March 28, 2018. Candidates can check the schedule of Himachal Pradesh PG Medical Admission through NEET-PG 2018 from the table given below:
|Date for sale of Prospectus||15 Mar 2018|
|Last date for receipt of application form||28 Mar 2018|
|Date of displaying the merit list||02 Apr 2018|
|Date of 1st round of Centralized Counselling||05 Apr 2018|
|Last date for joining the allotted Course/College||12 Apr2018|
|Date of 2 round of Centralized Counseling||26 Apr 2018|
|Commencement of academic session||01 May 2018|
|Last date of joining for candidates admitted in 2nd round of Counseling||03 May 2018|
|Date of fresh 2 round of Centralized Counselling||10 May 2018 (11:00 AM)|
|Mop up round of Centralized Counseling||15 May 2018|
|Last date for joining the allotted Course/College||12 May 2018|
|Last date up to which students can be admitted /joined against vacancies arising due to any reason||13 May 2018|
|Mop up round of Centralized Counseling||15 May 2018|
Notice for Centralized counselling to fill up vacant PG seats in MMMC solan
Notice regarding unfilled/vacant seats
Directorate of Medical Education & Research Himachal Pradesh has released the combined merit list of all category and tentative merit list for Himachal Pradesh PG Medical Admission 2018. Candidates can check the merit list from the link provided below.
- Click Here to check combined merit list of Himachal Pradesh PG Medical Admission 2018.
- Click Here to check the tentative merit list.
Original Application-form for Counselling along with its enclosures as placed inside in the Prospectus complete in all respects must be sent to the Principal, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla-1 by registered post or to be submitted in person in his office by the prescribed date. Application-form and latest photograph should be attested by a gazetted officer of the State/Central Govt. Department of Autonomous Body/Chairman of the Teaching Departments of the Himachal Pradesh University/Principal of an affiliated college/M.L.A. Gazetted Officer of the Armed /Naval/air forces of the Indian Army etc.
The Application form must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Matriculation or its equivalent examination certificate for verification of date of birth).
- Final Prof. marks sheet, proof of aggregate total marks & MBBS Degree.
- Character Certificate from the College last attended.
- Attempts certificate duly signed by the Principal of the College concerned.
- Internship certificate.
- Registration Certificate (valid).
- Copy of result card of NEET(PG)-2018.
- Bonafide Himachali Certificate.
- SC/ST certificate, if applicable.
- Affidavit duly attested (in original), if applicable.
- Service Certificate-cum-No objection certificate for In-Service Candidates.
- Disability certificate if applicable.
- Proof of admission through CBSE or any other All India Examination (if applicable).
- MCI certificate of recognition /approval.
- Diploma certificate, if applicable.
- Regular/ad-hoc/contract/RKS service certificate(s) showing full particulars of the service.
- Any other certificate, if applicable.
Eligibility criteria for each course vary from each other. The different eligibility criterion for different PG courses are explained below:
Post Graduate (MD/MS)
- In-service GDO(s) candidates of (HPHS) are eligible for PG(MD/MS) courses as per NEET-PG ranking marks.
- The graduates of Medical Colleges of Himachal Pradesh (Indira Gandhi Govt. Medical College, Shimla and Dr. R.P. Govt. Medical College, Kangra at Tanda).
- Bonafide Himachalies who have done MBBS from any institute recognized by MCI.
- Children of H.P. Government Employees /Employees of Autonomous Bodies wholly or partially financed by H.P. Government getting admission to MBBS course through CBSE or any other All India Entrance Examination in MCI/G.O.I. recognized Medical Colleges in India.
The candidates seeking admission needs to:-
- Possess MBBS degree of Himachal Pradesh University or any other University recognized by Medical Council of India.
- Have completed Compulsory Internship by the last date for submission of application form.
- Have obtained full registration either from Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Council.
- The candidate possessing foreign qualification (MBBS degree) will have to produce the certificate of having passed the MCI examinations as well; a Certificate of Recognition by MCI of the Institution from which he/she has obtained the MBBS degree at the time for the 1st round of counselling.
Courses and Total Number of Seats
- Postgraduate Degree Courses and Seats (M.D./M.S.) Recognized/ Permitted by MCI in Indira Gandhi Govt. Medical College, Shimla.
- Postgraduate Degree Courses and seats (M.D/M.S) Permitted by MCI in Dr. Rajendra Prasad Govt. Medical College, Kangraattanda.
- Postgraduate Degree Courses and seats (M.D/M.S) Permitted by MCI in Maharishi Markandeshwar Medical College, Kumarhatti, Distt. Solan.
The Centralized Counseling shall be held on dates mentioned in the prospectus as per the time schedule. On the day of counseling, the allotment of available seats to the eligible candidates shall be made in order of merit on the basis of General combined merit drawn by the Principal Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla–cum-Member Secretary Counseling Committee on the basis of ranking /marks of NEET(PG)-2018 of those candidates who have applied on the prescribed application form within stipulated date for admission to PG(MD/MS) degree courses to the Principal Indira Gandhi Medical College & Hospital Shimla-cum Member Secretary Counseling Committee .
All the eligible candidates or their authorized representatives will have to bring their original documents along with required documents at the time of Counseling. No separate communication will be issued to the candidates for attending the counselling. The candidate not reporting for Counseling as per schedule will forfeit their claim for admission without any further notice. No further opportunity will be given. Hence, appearance in the 1st round of Counseling is mandatory for consideration of candidature for subsequent rounds of Counseling. The selected candidates will be required to join in the prescribed joining time after completing all codal formalities failing which his/her admission stand cancelled and the seat will be allotted to the next candidate in order of merit during the next round of Counseling.
In case any vacancy arising for any reason, the vacancy position will be displayed on the college notice board and uploaded on the official website. The available vacancies will be filled-up purely on merit from amongst the candidates desiring the change of course/specialty and thereafter from the waiting list. The interested candidates will report to the Principal Indira Gandhi Govt. Medical College, Shimla-cum-Member Secretary Counseling Committee along with original documents and requisite fees. No admission will be made after the last date(including change of course) and seats still remaining vacant will not be filled-up in compliance of directions of MCI/GOI as per the Judgment of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
Official Website: www.hp.gov.in/hpdmer.
For more information about Himachal Pradesh PG Medical Admission 2018 – Download Prospectus.