Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi has released notification of IARI Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2018 for admission into Ph.D. Programme for the academic year 2018-2019. Admission is based on the marks obtained in the Entrance Examination which will be held on June 10, 2018. Interested candidates can fill the Application Form online from the official website. Candidates can check the complete information of IARI Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2018 like application process, eligibility criteria, reservation policy, selection process etc through this page below.
IARI Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2018
Candidates who are willing to take admission in the Ph.D. course have to fill the Application form online from here. Candidates are advised to check their eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Admit Card will be available before entrance exam.
Schedule for the IARI Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2018 is given below.
|Last date for receipt of Applications||16 Apr 2018|
|Last date for receipt of Application through Proper Channel and document submission||23 Apr 2018|
|Download Admit Card||26 May to 03 Jun 2018|
10 June 2018
|Download Interview Letter||25 Jun to 02 Jul 2018|
|Interview||02 Jul 2018|
|Announcement of Result||07 Jul 2018|
|Download Final Selection Letter||16 Jul to 27 Jul 2018|
Online applications in the prescribed forms are invited for admission to Ph.D. programmes in various disciplines of Agricultural Sciences at IARI, New Delhi. A candidate who has already been awarded the Ph.D. degree from IARI or any other university/Institute shall not be allowed for entrance examination for the same degree. A candidate can apply for admission to one discipline only.The direct link to fill the Application Form is also given here.
Application Fee Details: Candidates are required to submit their application form online. Before filling the online Application Form, the candidates are required to deposit of ` 1,000/- (for General/OBC category) and ` 500/- (for SC/ST/PC/CWSF category) through NEFT from any branch of nationalized Bank as per details are given below:
Account No.: 90293020000324,
Name of the account: PG School PHD 2018,
IFSC Code: SYNB0009029
Name of the Bank: Syndicate Bank,
Branch Name: Pusa Campus, New Delhi-110012
Candidates who are in employment are required to take the printout of their application form submitted online and send it through proper channel to the Registrar, Post Graduate School, IARI, New Delhi-110012 so as to reach before the last date. Any application received after the last date shall not be entertained. However, the advance copy may be submitted to the PG School along with required documents and details of fees transferred through NEFT.
Instruction for Filling the Application Form
- STEP 1: Type “phdentranceiari.icar.gov.in “ on your browser and hit enter (Best viewed on Google Chrome)
- STEP 2: Click on “Register Here” button on the right side of the homepage
- STEP 3: Fill up the required details in the textbox on the page shown above and click on “Register” button.
- STEP 4: After successful registration, click on “Login” button and enter your email ID and password you entered in Step 3 above.
- STEP 5: After successful login, a page will open with multiple text & drop-down fields.
- STEP 6: Select your admission scheme from the “Scheme” drop-down. Fill-up all the other details as required and also fill the contact details as well: Then click on “Save and Next” button.
- STEP 7: After clicking save and next, a new page will open in which education details have to be filled. While filling graduation details please enter either “Marks Percentage” or “Obtained OGPA”. If you have selected “Obtained OGPA”, enter the “Total OGPA” also. After filling all the required details, click on “Save and Next” button to proceed further.
- STEP 8: After successfully filling the education details, image upload page will open, where the applicant will upload his/ her photo on “Image Upload” button below Click on “Choose File” and upload your photograph. The candidate’s photograph has to be less than 100 kb and greater than 10 kb. After uploading the photograph, the candidate has to upload his/her signature. Here the applicant will upload his/ her signature on “Signature Upload” button below. The candidate’s signature has to be less than 20 kb and greater than 10 kb
- STEP 9: After uploading your photo and signature, click on upload button after successful upload, a message will appear ‘Upload status: Images uploaded!’ like this. Click on “Next” button on the right side of the same page.
- STEP 10: After clicking “Next” button, a page asking for Payment Details will appear. Here you will enter the Demand Draft Number details for the registration of IARI Ph.D. Entrance Examination 2018-19. Fees for IARI Ph.D. Entrance Examination 2018-19 was Rs. 1000 for Gen/OBC category and Rs.500 for SC/ST/PC category. Demand Draft prepared by any branch of the nationalized bank in favor of Director, IARI, payable at New Delhi. After filling all the necessary details, click on “Save and Next” button.
- STEP 11: After clicking “Save and Next” button, the preview of your application will appear, here you can review all your details that have been filled. After checking all details check the declaration checkbox at the bottom of the page. After checking the checkbox a Final Submit button will appear below the checked box Click on the button. After clicking on Final Submit button, an alert window will open asking for confirmation for submission. Click on “OK” to submit your application.
- STEP 12: After clicking “OK” a page with application form will open Click on “Print” to print the form.
- STEP 13: After successful submission, the candidate should take a printout of the online submitted Application Form and send the hard copy of it to Registrar, PG School, IARI, New Delhi-12 along with self-attested copies of the following documents:
- Matriculation(X) certificate for proof of Date of Birth.
- Master’s degree certificate and marks sheet.
- SC/ST/OBC/PC certificate (whichever is applicable).
- Certificate required from candidates appearing for M.Sc./M.Sc.(Ag.)/M.E. final year examination.
- Original Demand Draft in favour of Director, IARI, payable at New Delhi.
- STEP 14: The hard copy i.e. the printout of online application form duly signed by the candidate along with the required documents (as per step 13) must reach the Registrar, PG School, IARI, New Delhi-110012.
- STEP 15: Hard copies received after the last date at the IARI, New Delhi will be rejected.
- STEP 16: Please note that fee submitted through any other mode than Demand draft, will be rejected.
- STEP 17: In order to avoid last minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early enough. The IARI will not be responsible for network problems or postal delay in submitting the hard copy of the application form along with the required documents or any other problems of this nature in submission of an online application during last days.
Note: The details once submitted cannot be changed later on. Therefore, ensure that you have lled in the correct and complete information before submission of application form.
Only those candidates who had their Bachelor’s Degree Programmes under 10+2+4 OR 10+2+3 OR 10+1+4 system (OR awarded B.Sc. degree under 10+2+2 system prior to 1985) and fulfil the qualifications as prescribed in the bulletin are eligible to apply for admission.
For General/OBC candidates: At least 60% marks OR an overall grade point average (OGPA) of 7.00 out of 10.00 OR 3.50 out of 5.00 OR 2.8 out of 4.00 OR 2.21 out of 3.00 in M.Sc./M.Sc. (Ag.)/M.Tech./M.E.
For SC/ST/PC candidates: At least 55% marks OR GPA of 6.50 out of 10.00 OR 3.25 out of 5.00 OR 2.6 out of 4.00 OR 1.95 out of 3.00 in M.Sc./M.Sc. (Ag.)/M.Tech./M.E.
Qualification for Admission to M.Sc./M.Tech. and Ph.D. degree programme in different discipline at IARI, New Delhi
Age Limit – The minimum age for admission shall be 21 years. No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.
Admission of in-service candidates of Agricultural Universities under Faculty Upgradation Scheme (FUS)
- Essential Qualifications: Same as given above.
- Not more than three candidates sponsored by any university shall be admitted in any one year under this stream.
- The candidates sponsored under this scheme should be regular employees of the university and should be likely to continue in service after obtaining the Admission under ICAR in-service nominee scheme
- Essential Qualification: Same as given above.
- The candidates sponsored under this scheme should only be those ICAR employees who have qualified the ICAR Senior Fellowship examination with or without fellowship.
- The word “Sponsored for admission under reserved seats for ICAR employees” should be clearly
inscribed on the application form and in the forwarding letter. The declaration as given in Annexure-I
signed by the Director of the concerned Institute and a sponsorship letter from Deputy Director General (Education), ICAR should be attached with the application form.
Admission under departmental quota
- This scheme of admission is meant for Scientific and Technical staff working at IARI/IASRI/NBPGR/ NRCPB. Separate circular is issued by the PG School in this regard.
Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi will release the Admit card for the Entrance Examination, before the exam. Candidates will able to download the Admit card by entering the Application number & DOB from the official website.
Qualified candidates in the Entrance Examination will be called for the Interview round. Candidates will able to download their Call Letter for Interview. The direct link to download the Interview Call letter will be provided on this page or candidates will be able to download from the official website.
How to download the Interview Call Letter?
- Visit the official website http://phdentranceiari.icar.gov.in.
- Find the link which navigates the Download Interview Letter for Ph.D. Course.
- Enter the Roll no. and Date of Birth to Log In.
- Click on Submit Button.
- Interview letter will be displayed on computer screen.
- Take print out of their Letter and bring it on the day of Interview.
Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi will release the list of candidates selected & waitlisted for admission into Ph.D. 2018 programme. Those Candidates who will give an interview will be able to check the Result from the official website or through the link which will be provided here.
Academic Attainments (Record) – Weightage for academic attainments (High School to a terminal degree) would be 10%.
The weightage for entrance examination is 80%. The candidates will have to appear for Entrance Examination consisting of one paper of three parts: Part-I (General Agriculture) and Part-II & III (Subject Paper). The minimum qualifying mark for appearing in the interview is 50% for General/OBC, 45% for SC/ST/PC/CWSF candidates. Total marks (percentile) would be considered for the preparation of merit. The highest mark scored by the candidates within each discipline will be considered as the maximum mark (=100%) for calculating the % mark within that discipline.
The weightage for the interview is 10%. Candidates qualifying in the Entrance Examination will be called for interview in the ratio of maximum 1:4 (No. of seats: No. of students called for interview). The interview would be held in respective Disciplines and the candidates may download their interview letter from 2018. Merit after the interview and Institute choice as exercised by the candidate in the Application Form shall be the criterion for selection in the respective Institute subject to fulllment of all the other requirements for admission. The list of selected candidates will be displayed at P.G. School, IARI and on the website of IARI, New Delhi (www.iari.res.in) and the selected candidates may download their selection letter.
The selected candidates will be allowed to join the Post Graduate School of IARI, New Delhi and its PG outreach programme at CIAE, Bhopal for pursuing further studies only after they are declared medically t. In-service candidates from all schemes will have to produce the proper relieving order from their parent ofce/department/University at the time of enrolment.
- Fifteen percent (15%) of the total number of seats is reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and seven-and-a-half percent for Scheduled Tribe ( ST) candidates subject to their being otherwise suitable. In the event of there being no eligible suitable SC candidates in the earmarked discipline, to fill up the mentioned number of seats, such unfilled seats shall be transferred to other disciplines, where eligible suitable SC candidates are available for filling these seats. An identical procedure as above will be followed in the case of ST reservations also. After these two exercises, if any seat(s) still remain(s) unfilled in the SC and ST categories respectively, such unfilled SC/ST seat(s) shall be transferred to SC/ST category and filled up by the available eligible candidate(s) in the concerned category. Under no circumstances, the SC and ST seats shall be transferable from M.Sc. to the Ph.D. programme and vice-versa. The SC/ST candidates who are selected for admission on the basis of merit may not be counted against the reserved quota
- Twenty-Seven percent (27%) of the total number of seats is reserved for other backward classes (OBC) candidates subject to their being otherwise suitable as per the norms of ICAR/Govt. of India. In the event of there being no eligible suitable OBC candidates in the earmarked discipline, to fill up the mentioned number of seats, such unlled seats shall be transferred to other disciplines, where eligible suitable OBC candidates are available for lling these seats. If any seat(s) still remain(s) unlled, the unlled OBC seat(s) shall be transferred to General Category.
- Three percent (3%) of the total number of seats in each scheme of admission open to Indian nationals is reserved for Physically Challenged (PC) candidates subject to their being otherwise suitable as per the norms of ICAR/Govt. of India. However, in the event of there being no eligible suitable PC candidates in the earmarked discipline, to ll up the mentioned number of seats, such unlled seats shall be transferred to other disciplines, where eligible suitable PC candidates are available for lling these seats.
- Transfer of unlled seats from one discipline to another for SC/ST/OBC/PC categories will be subject to the condition that not more than two seats per category in one discipline shall be adjusted as transfer seat.
Official Website: phdentranceiari.icar.gov.in.
For more details of IARI Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2018 – Download Information Brochure.