IIHM eCHAT 2020 will be held on September 12 & 19, 2020, in Test from the Home mode. International Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM) conducts Electronic Common Hotel Admission Test (eCHAT IIHM)-2020. Candidates can check the exam-related detail at echat.elink.in for admission in diploma in hotel management courses in 10 IIHM campuses. It is a university-level test conducted online for Class 12th pass students. Selection of candidates is done on the basis of e-CHAT score & GDPI. Check more details on IIHM eCHAT 2020 like its exam schedule, admission process, fees, courses offered, registration process, etc from this page.
Latest: IIHm eCHAT Exam from home will take place on September 12 & 19, 2020. Scroll down to check more detail.
IIHM eCHAT 2020
The Common Hotel Admission Test (eCHAT) is organized by Edexel in association with IIHM. Every year lakhs of students apply for IIHM eCHAT entrance exam. Check the complete schedule for IIHM eCHAT 2020 from the table below.
|IIHM eCHAT 2020||Important Dates|
|IIHM eCHAT 2020 Registration starts||23 Nov 2019|
|Last date to submit IIHM eCHAT 2020 Application Form||10 days before the Exam|
|IIHM eCHAT Exam (GD/PI) 2020 ( Web Stores)||15 May 2020|
|IIHM eCHAT Exam (GD/PI) 2020 from Home|
12 & 19 Sep 2020
|IIHM eCHAT 2020 Result declaration|
IIHM eCHAT 2020 New Exam Dates
IIHM has revised the exam schedule for eCHAT Exam (GD/PI) 2020. Candidates can check the same from below image.
IIHM eCHAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
In order to appear for the entrance exam, it is important that candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility.
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have passed in Class 12 examination or its equivalent with English as one of the Subjects. Those appearing in Class 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear in E-CHAT 2020 followed by group discussion & Personal Interview.
- Age Limit: Upper Age Limit is 22 years as on July 01, 2020.
IIHM eCHAT 2020 Application Form
Application Forms for IIHM eCHAT 2020 has been released by IIHM. Candidates can apply in both Online and Offline mode. You have the facility to collect the IIHM eCHAT Application form from the University, or download it from the official website or Apply online from the official website. In the application form, candidates need to fill in their personal details, educational qualification details, etc.
Application Fee – Candidates need to pay an amount of Rs. 600 to submit the IIHM eCHAT 2020 application form.
Mode of Application fee payment: As candidates can apply in both Online and Offline mode following are the different modes of payment for Application fee payment:
|Method of Applying||Mode of payment|
|For Online Form||Net banking/Credit Card/ Debit Card|
|For downloaded Form||Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft|
|For collecting Form from the Institute||Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft|
IIHM eCHAT 2020 Exam Centers
This year IIHM eCHAT 2020 test is going to be conducted from home. The Interviews will also be conducted through Video Call from your home.
IIHM eCHAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can start their preparation for the entrance test as per the exam pattern provided below.
- Mode of Examination – It is a computer-based test. Online
- Total Duration – The entrance exam is of 60 minutes duration
- Total number of questions – There will be a total of 50 number of questions in the test
- Type of Questions – The paper consist of MCQ type questions
- Sections – Questions in the entrance exam is asked from the section as provided below.
|Sno||Sections in Exam|
|3.||Data Analysis and Interpretation|
|4.||Intelligence and critical reasoning|
|5.||Awareness of Indian & Global Economy|
IIHM eCHAT 2020 Important Books
Following are some books candidates can refer to while preparing for IIHM eCHAT 2020 Entrance Examination:
|Important Books||Available at|
|Hotel Management Exam Guide||Buy here|
|NCHMCT -JEE||Buy here|
|The Ultimate Guide of Hotel Management||Buy here|
|General Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||Buy here|
|Emerging states and Economies||Buy here|
IIHM eCHAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates willing to appear in IIHM eCHAT 2020 must study the Exam Pattern before starting with their preparation. To know more about how to prepare follow the below given tips :
- Every year lakhs of students appear for eCHAT Entrance Examinations. IIHM is a prestigious institution and candidates need to prepare accordingly.
- Since Hotel Management is a growing field and have a huge industry, candidates need to prepare themselves with good dedication for the Hospitality and Management services offered in this field.
- For Written Test Candidates must study the Exam Pattern and syllabus carefully. By doing so, they will know the nature of the Examination and will be able to prepare accordingly.
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview focuses on your body language, communication skills and your confidence. In the group discussion, speak. Break the ice! Have an idea of what’s going around in the world. Search for some common debates topics and try to prepare some material on it.
- In the Personal Interview, be confident as to what you want to say and present yourself as. All in all, it will be pretty easy if you’re good at talking. If you’re not, speak what’s right.
- Candidates must have some knowledge about current affairs and make sure to answer to why do you want to get into IIHM.
IIHM eCHAT 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card for IIHM eCHAT 2020 is issued by the International Institute of Hotel Management. Admit is made available in both online and Offline Form. Candidates can download it from the official website by providing their Name and Date of Birth/ Mobile number. Institute would also send Admit Cards to individual candidates by e-mail or Regd. Post/Speed Post or Courier. The Institute does not take responsibility for non-delivery of the Admit Card due to postal delay or wrong Email address. It is compulsory for every candidate to carry a print out/hard copy of their Admit Card at the day of examination. No entry is permitted without valid IIHM eCHAT 2020 Admit Card. The date and time of the Test would be mentioned in Admit Card.
IIHM eCHAT 2020 Result
Result for IIHM eCHAT 2020 is released by IIHM on the official website. Candidates can check their Results online on iihm.ac.in using their Registration number and Date of Birth. An email- regarding the Result is also sent to the candidates by the Institution. The Result is declared shortly after the Exam is conducted. A Merit List is prepared on the basis of the performance in the Admission Test. Qualified candidates are added in the Merit List. Thereafter, candidates added in the Merit List are called for the next round of Group Discussions and Personal Interview (GD & PI) for the Selection Procedure.
IIHM eCHAT 2020 Selection Criteria
Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their performance in eCHAT Entrance Test for the rounds of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Further selection is based on the following:
- Fulfillment of Eligibility Criteria
- Qualifying the Electronic Common Hotel Admission Test (e-CHAT IIHM ) 2020
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD & PI)
IIHM eCHAT 2020 GD & PI
The International Institute of Hotel Management conducts a round of Group Discussion and Personal Interview for candidates who have qualified the written IIHM eCHAT 2020 Entrance Examination. Final Results are prepared after GD & PI is conducted. Candidates can choose Test Centers for GD & PI rounds during the Application Process. However, no modification related to Exam Center is entertained after the Application is submitted.
IIHM eCHAT 2020 Scholarship
The Institute also provides Scholarships to candidates/Students to encourage and appreciate them for their hard work. To avail the Scholarship candidates need to fulfill below given criteria:
- 15% of the Tuition Fee, ie, Rs 20,250/- is exempted for candidates who secure above 80% in 12th standard ( ISC/CBSE/WBSE) or equivalent Examination.
- 30% of the Tuition Fee, ie, Rs 40,500/- is exempted for candidates who secure above 90% in aggregate in 12th standard ( ISC/CBSE/WBSE) or equivalent Examination.
- A special Scholarship is awarded to those candidates who are sponsored by NGO’s and other Charitable Organisations.
International Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM) envisions to achieve excellence in providing contemporary value added career solutions to the Student Community and business enterprises.IIHM is consistently ranked amongst the top hospitality education Institute in India and is equipped with fully commercial star hotels at its Kolkata campuses. In association with Edexel, eCHAT – as an online platform for Common Hotel Admission Test for IIHM is conducted every year in its 10 campuses across the country.
Official website: iihm.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.