PUTHAT 2023 is the University level Hotel Management entrance exam. Organized by PU, PUTHAT exam is for admission to BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology), BTTM (Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management) courses in University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM), Panjab University. The Panjab University (PU) will announce Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) 2023 exam date, application form soon. Its official website is puthat.puchd.ac.in. Get here the PUTHAT study material like syllabus, question papers, exam pattern, and latest news on registration, admit card, answer key, result.
What is PUTHAT exam?
The full form of PUTHAT is Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test. It is a University level Hotel Management entrance examination conducted by PU. BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology), BTTM (Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management) admission in University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM), Panjab University for 2023-24 session is on the basis of PUTHAT 2023.
PUTHAT 2023 – An Exam Overview
Highlights of the examination are as follows.
|Name of Exam||PUTHAT 2023|
|Full Form of PUTHAT||Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test|
|Full Form of PU||Panjab University|
|Level of Exam||University|
|Type of Exam||Hotel Management Entrance Exam|
|Courses Where Admission is Through PUTHAT||BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology), BTTM (Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management)|
|Colleges Where Admission is Through PUTHAT||University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM), Panjab University|
|Minimum Educational Qualification||Class 12th|
|Mode of Exam||TBA, Last year it was – Offline|
|Type of Questions||TBA, Last year it was – Objective type|
|Number of Questions||TBA, Last year it was – 100|
|Total Marks||TBA, Last year it was – 100|
|Marking Scheme||TBA, Last year it was – +1, -0.25|
|Exam Duration||TBA, Last year it was – 90 minutes|
|Subjects in Question Paper||TBA, Last year it was – English Aptitude, Current Affairs and General Awareness, Reasoning Ability, Hospitality Industry Awareness|
PUTHAT 2023 Exam Date
PU decides and announces the exam date of PUTHAT 2023. Note the following dates. However, also check puthat.puchd.ac.in regularly for any changes in schedule.
|Release of notification||As per PU|
|Release of PUTHAT 2023 application form||As per PU|
|Last date to apply online at puthat.puchd.ac.in||As per PU|
|PUTHAT 2023 admit card release date||As per PU|
|PUTHAT 2023 Exam Date||As per PU|
Last year the exam was held on 15 July
|Release of official answer key||As per PU|
|PUTHAT 2023 result announcement||As per PU|
PUTHAT 2023 Application Form
Any student who wishes to appear in the Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test needs to first fill up the application form. Important points are as follows.
- PU releases the PUTHAT application form 2023 at puthat.puchd.ac.in.
- Students should fill and submit the PUTHAT online application form before the last date.
- In order to apply, one has to do the PUTHAT 2023 registration, then enter details in the online form, upload documents required, and pay the fee.
- Also, only eligible students should apply for the Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test.
The question paper of Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test will be as per the exam pattern.
- The PUTHAT 2023 exam pattern conveys the mode, important topics, question distribution, marking scheme.
- Latest exam scheme is as per puthat.puchd.ac.in.
- You can also practice the pattern, type of questions with PYQPs and PUTHAT sample question papers.
- PUTHAT 2023 mock tests are also a good way to familiarize yourself with the pattern.
Last year the exam pattern was as follows
|Sections||No. of Qs||Marks|
|Current Affairs and General Awareness||20||20|
|Hospitality Industry Awareness||30||30|
- Mode of Exam – The exam is a Offline test.
- Question type – The questions are Objective type.
- Number of Questions – There are 100 questions in the PUTHAT.
- Total Marks – Maximum marks in the PUTHAT is 100.
- Exam Duration – The entrance exam is of 90 minutes.
- Language of Question Paper – The question paper is in language English.
Marking Scheme –
- Candidates get +1 marks for correct answer.
- And negative marks is -0.25 for incorrect answers
Eligibility Criteria of PUTHAT
The PUTHAT eligibility criteria refers to minimum requirements that applicants must fulfill in order to appear in the exam and/or get admission through it.
- PU provides the detailed PUTHAT 2023 eligibility criteria in the official website puthat.puchd.ac.in.
- Eligibility criteria is also in the PUTHAT 2023 information brochure.
- Students who have minimum educational qualification, and satisfy age limit are eligible for Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test.
- Also check eligibility criteria of colleges where admission is through PUTHAT before admission.
PUTHAT 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of PUTHAT exam includes topics from which questions will be asked in the question paper.
- You should study all topics in the PUTHAT syllabus 2023.
- Also solve chapter wise questions to prepare for the Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test.
- To complete preparing the syllabus, solve PUTHAT previous year question papers.
PUTHAT 2023 Admit Card
The PUTHAT admit card refers to the hall ticket. Following are its key details.
- Students who apply on time are issued the PUTHAT admit card.
- PU releases the admit card at puthat.puchd.ac.in.
- Only those students who show the admit card of PUTHAT exam and other required documents on exam day get entry at the center.
- Therefore students should download the PUTHAT admit card 2023 before exam date.
- The hall ticket contains exam date, time, center, guidelines for the Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test 2023.
PUTHAT 2023 Answer Key
The answer key is the set of correct answers to the PUTHAT 2023 question paper. When, where, how to get it is as follows.
- You can check the answer key of PUTHAT 2023 only after the exam ends.
- If PU releases the PUTHAT official answer key, then you can download it at puthat.puchd.ac.in.
- Follow instructions of the Panjab University to submit objections, and calculate marks using the PUTHAT solutions.
PUTHAT 2023 Result
All students who write the PUTHAT 2023 exam eagerly wait for the result as soon as exam ends. Here is what you should know about the results:
- The Panjab University (PU) declares the PUTHAT 2023 result.
- Next, the official website where PUTHAT 2023 result link is published is puthat.puchd.ac.in.
- Whereas the result date is as per schedule by PU.
- In order to check PUTHAT 2023 rank, you have to login at the link.
- Then, the score and rank of PUTHAT exam decides your admission to BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology), BTTM (Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management) courses.
- Engineering colleges across the country offer admission on basis of PUTHAT results.
Official Website is puthat.puchd.ac.in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Qs. What is the PUTHAT Exam?
Ans. The PUTHAT exam is a University level Hotel Management entrance exam. It is for admission to BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology), BTTM (Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management) courses in University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM), Panjab University.
Qs. Who conducts PUTHAT?
Ans. The Panjab University (PU) conducts this exam.
Qs. What is the official website for PUTHAT 2023?
Ans. The official website is puthat.puchd.ac.in.
Qs. How to apply for PUTHAT?
Ans. You should apply as per instructions in the PUTHAT 2023 notification. Check puthat.puchd.ac.in for online application form.
Qs. How to prepare for PUTHAT 2023?
Ans. In order to prepare for the exam, first complete the PUTHAT syllabus. Then practise the chapter wise questions from the best reference books for PUTHAT 2023. Thereafter solve previous year question papers. Then finally solve sample papers, and take mock tests.
If you have any queries on PUTHAT 2023, then please ask in the comments below.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.