|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||20 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
PUTHAT 2017 is the Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test conducted by Panjab University for admission to Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM) course. PUTHAT 2017 exam is of 90 minutes and consist of 100 questions. The medium of examination shall be English only. There shall be negative marking i.e., 25% marks is to be deducted for every wrong answer. Details of the PUTHAT 2017 exam, application form, eligibility criteria and admission process are available here.
PUTHAT 2017 Result 2017 Released – Get Here
The UIHMT offers programmes in:
- Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
- Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM)
Panjab University has released notification for the admission to the Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM) course on basis of PUTHAT 2017 Entrance test. Candidates who are interested for admission must appear for PUTHAT 2017. Candidates will be given admission based on their result in PUTHAT 2017 entrance test.
PUTHAT 2017 Important Dates for Application, Examination, Result and Counselling are given below.
|Availability of Prospectus and Application Form||07 Mar 2017|
|Last date for submission of information online to generate the
|13 Apr 2017|
|Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of SBI Bank using
website generated challan
|17 Apr 2017|
|Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the
information on the website
|19 Apr 2017|
|No correction will be entertained/ made regarding photograph, signature and any other information (for completed forms only) after||21 Apr 2017|
|Date by which Roll Nos. available online||25 Apr 2017|
|Date and Time of Entrance Test||30 Apr 2017|
|Tentative Date of declaration of result||12 May 2017|
|Dates for the conduct of counselling||1st Counselling – 27 Jun 2017
2nd Counselling – 06 Jul 2017
Eligibility criteria for PUTHAT 2017
The Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) shall be open to all such candidates who have passed (up to the Academic Session 2016-2017) in the 10+2 Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or its equivalent Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University/Council with not less than 50% marks in the aggregate and English as one of the Compulsory Subjects.
The eligibility of a candidate will be provisional at every stage of the admission process. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure his/her eligibility and fulfillment of various conditions for admission as prescribed in the rules/regulations of Panjab University. Admission will be cancelled at any stage in case the candidate is not found eligible, even subsequently.
Note: The candidates who have passed/appeared in 10+2 Examinations of Mahila Gram Vidyapith, Allahabad are ineligible to appear in PUTHAT-2017, as this institution has been derecognised by Panjab University, Chandigarh. The examinations conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Delhi, included in the booklet of recognised exams, have also been deleted from the Booklet.
The PUTHAT 2017 will be objective type paper, student has to mark the answers in the OMR sheet. The paper for PUTHAT will consist of 100 questions of one mark each. Total time allocated to the paper will be 90 minutes. The medium of examination shall be ENGLISH only. There shall be negative marking i.e., 25% marks will be deducted for every wrong answer
The distribution of marks for the respective components of testing would be as under:
|Components||Number of Questions|
|Current Affairs and General Awareness||20|
|Hospitality Industry Awareness||30|
The merit list of candidates appearing for PUTHAT shall be prepared on the basis of marks secured in the PUTHAT only.
The number of seats offered by the UIHMT was follows as per the last year:
|Course||Number of Seats|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology||60|
|Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management||30|
The admission to both the above courses will be on the basis of the Merit of Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) to be conducted by Panjab University. Admission in all reserved categories shall be made subject to fulfillment of the eligibility conditions and in accordance with the provisions of the Admission Process made by the Panjab University.
Additional Seats are availability
- One girl child out of the only two girl children for admission to a given course in the Panjab University, provided, she is otherwise eligible from all angles.
- Cancer, AIDS and Thalessemia patient wherein the students are required to submit a certificate with proof from the National Medical Institute like PGI, AIIMS.
- Wards of Kashmiri displaced persons.
- Wards of Kargil war as per Syndicate decision dated 29 July 2008.
The distribution of seats for both open and reserved category is as follows:
- Generally 55.5% of the seats in each course shall be treated as belonging to the Open Category.
- 44.5% of the seats shall be treated as belonging to the Reserved Category, as per details given below.
- 15% for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes.
- 7.5% for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes.
- 5% for candidates belonging to the Backward Classes.
- 3% for Physically Handicapped candidates
- 5% on the basis of achievement in Sports
- 5% Defence Personnel
- 2% Riot Victim
- 2% Freedom Fighter
Note: It will be seen that this raises the total number of seats to 26. The 26th seat will be treated as additional in that course for that year only. The additional seat, if required to be created, shall be created only for the Reserved category and not for the Open category. Such additional seat, if remains unfilled, will not be converted to open category.
Approximate Amount to be Paid at the time of Admission (Last year)
|Course||First Instalment at the time of Admission||Second Instalment in the month of November|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)||Rs. 32,392 + student welfare activities fund Rs. 3,000/- p.a.||Rs. 29,245/-|
|Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM)||Rs. 21,892 + student welfare activities fund Rs. 3,000/-p.a.||Rs. 18,745/-|
- Selected candidates will be asked to make the payments on the spot. No extra time will be given.
- Candidates selected to Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)will have to submit one demand draft of Rs. 32,392/- (first instalment) in favour of the Registrar, Panjab University, Chandigarh and other demand draft of Rs. 3,000/- in favour of the Director Incharge, UIHTM, Panjab University, Chandigarh, both being payable at the State Bank of India, Sector-14, Chandigarh.
- Candidates selected to Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM) will have to submit one demand draft of Rs. 29,245 (first instalment) in favour of the Registrar, Panjab University, Chandigarh and other demand draft of Rs. 3,000/- in favour of the Director Incharge, UIHTM, Panjab University, Chandigarh, both being payable at the State Bank of India, Sector-14, Chandigarh.
- The Candidates will have to pay the exact amounts as per P.U. Fee structure prevailing at the time of admission. The amounts mentioned above are approximate. The University is likely to increase the fee @ 10% / 20% of the existing fee structure. Therefore, the candidates are advised to bring sufficient money to cover the increase. The amount over and above the fee structure, if any, will be accepted in the form of a draft. For that, if required, State Bank of India, Sector-14, Chandigarh will open more counters/windows.
- In addition to amount paid at the time of admission, second instalment of the fee will be due in November.
- Hostel accommodation both for boys and girls is available. The seats as per quota would be allocated to the Institute for further allotment to the students on merit basis. Candidates, interested to avail hostel facility, are advised to bring with them an extra amount of Rs. 9050/- (approximately) for admission in the hostels.
- All admitted students will be required to pay full fee at the time of admission. In case of shifting / left the course / Deptt., the fee will be refunded / adjusted later on for the students selected for his benefit as per P.U. rules mentioned in the Handbook of Information & Rules of admission.
PUTHAT 2017 Information Brochure
The Prospectus for PUTHAT 2017 is given below.
If above window does not load, click here to view/download the PUTHAT 2017 Information Brochure.
The following functionaries may be contacted only in case of extremely urgent enquiry, if any, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (on working days only) :
- Assistant Registrar (CET) : 0172-2534829
- Controller of Examinations : 0172-2534811
- University Institute of Hotel Management and Tourism (UIHMT) Office : 0172-2541969 / 2534498
- Enquiry Office : 0172- 2534818/ 2534819/ 2534866