PUTHAT 2022: Panjab University, Chandigarh has announced PUTHAT 2022 exam date. The exam will be held on 29 June 2022. The Panjab University conducts hotel management entrance test, Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) for admission into Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management. The candidate who wishes to study in the mentioned Tourism and hospitality course must appear for PUTHAT. The admission will be granted on the basis of candidate’s performance in the Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT). Candidates can check the more details on Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) from this page.
Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) 2022
The application form for PUTHAT 2022 is available in online mode only at the official website . The students have to first get registered before filling in the form, only after which they can proceed to fill in other necessary information.
Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) Overview
|Exam Name||Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||Panjab University, Chandigarh|
|Exam Eligibility||10+2 Passed with English and 50% aggregate|
|Level of Courses||UG|
|Course Offered||Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology/ Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management|
|No. of Times Exam is Held||Once a year|
Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) 2022 Exam Date
The dates would be given below.
|Date of Availability of Prospectus and Application Form on the website.||To be announced|
|Last date for submission of information on the website to generate the Login & Password||To be announced|
|Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of State bank of India using website generated challan||To be announced|
|Last date for deposit of fee through Online mode||To be announced|
|Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information on the website||To be announced|
|Date by which Roll No. will be available online. There will be no physical communication for this purpose.||To be announced|
|Last date for candidates who have not completed their form but have paid requisite fee, can complete their form (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) by paying late fee of Rs. 500/-||To be announced|
|Final date by which Admit Card/Roll Nos. will be issued manually by CET-Cell to the candidates who have completed their form by paying late fee of Rs. 500/-||To be announced|
|Date and Time of Entrance Test||29 Jun 2022|
|Release of result||To be announced|
|Date of Availability of admission forms on website||To be announced|
|Dates for the conduct of counselling||To be announced|
PUTHAT 2022 Application Form
The application form for PUTHAT 2022 will be available in online mode only at the official website .
- The students have to first get registered before filling in the form, only after which they can proceed to fill in other necessary information in the PUTHAT 2022 Application Form.
- The aspirants must submit the form before the last for submission, after that forms won’t be accepted.
- Once the application form has been submitted the students will not be allowed to make changes or alter any information they have provided so they should be careful while filling the form.
How to fill the Application Form?
The application form is an important step in the process of admission hence it should be correctly filled and for that the students can refer to the steps below given:
Step 1– The candidates have to visit the official website and click on apply.
Step 2- Now the students are supposed to register themselves by providing details like the the Name of the Applicant, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Email Id, Class 10th Roll Number, Passing Year, Category etc.
Step 3- Now, the candidates will get a login id and password.
Step 4- Next, the students have to fill the application form.
Step 5- After the details in the application form have been filled, the students are supposed to make payment for the same .
PUTHAT 2022 Application Fee
Candidates can submit fee in both offline and online modes. To submit the fee offline, download the SBI challan after submission of application form and deposit the fee in any branch of SBI.
PUTHAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The application form can only be filled when the candidates are well aware of the criteria requires as to prevent the situation leading to the cancellation of the application form. For more details check the below previous year criteria for PUTHAT.
- The candidate must have passed class 12th from CBSE or its equivalent Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University/Council.
- The students should have obtained not less than 50% marks in aggregate and English as one of the Compulsory Subjects.
- For SC/ST/BC/PwD Categories the students should have at least obtained 45% in aggregate and English as one of the Compulsory Subjects.
Note: The candidates who have passed or have appeared in 10+2 Examinations conducted by Mahila Gram Vidyapith, Allahabad are ineligible to appear to apply for PUTHAT-2022, as this institution has been derecognized by Panjab University, Chandigarh.
PUTHAT 2022 Admit card
The admit card for PUTHAT 2022 will be issued for only those candidates who have successfully register for the entrance exam.
- The University will issue the PUTHAT 2022 Admit Card through online mode only.
- No printed admit card will be sent to the candidate through post/ courier.
- To download it you need to log in at the official website of Panjab University by entering details such as Login ID and Password.
- You must carry the print out of the PUTHAT 2022 Admit Card on the day of the examination.
- No candidate shall be allowed to take the test without the Admit Card under any circumstances.
- One important advice to the candidates is that they must retain the admit card with them till the admission process is over since it will be required again at the time of counseling.
PUTHAT 2022 Exam Pattern
As per previous year, PUTHAT paper will be 90 minutes duration in which candidates need to solve 100 MCQ Questions.
- The medium of the test will be in English Language only.
- There shall be negative marking i.e., 25% marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
The distribution of questions for each section is provided below in the table.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Current Affairs and General Awareness||20|
|Hospitality Industry Awareness||30|
PUTHAT 2022 Syllabus
The candidates must have an idea of what the syllabus is supposed to be so that they can save time while preparation and prepare a good study time-table. The previous year exam subjects are given below:
- English Aptitude
- Current Affairs and General Awareness
- Reasoning Ability
- Hospitality Industry Awareness
PUTHAT 2022 Seat Matrix
Candidates can the check number of seats offered in the previous year examination below.
|Course||No. of Seats|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (Four Year Programme)||60 + 06 NRI + 03 FN|
|Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management||30 + 03 NRI + 02 FN|
PUTHAT 2022 Cut Off
In order to be declared as qualified, the candidates need to obtain minimum marks in the entrance examination. The Univeristy specifies the minimum cut off marks required to qualify the test. The cut off for previous year PUTHAT is provided below:
|Category||Cut off percentage|
|Other category candidates||15%|
PUTHAT 2022 Reservation
Check the previous year percentage of seats reserved in each course from the table provided below.
PUTHAT 2022 Answer Key
- The University will publish the Answer key along with question paper at its official website.
- With the help of the answer key, the candidates can cross check their answers, and calculate their probable score. On the basis of the score calculated, one can estimate his/her chances of qualifying the entrance test.
- The University shall also offer the candidates to file an objection to the PUTHAT 2022 Answer Key.
- The candidates can file their objections regarding discrepancies and accuracy of the Answer Key by e-mail only to [email protected] (previous year detail).
- The objections submitted by the candidate will then be evaluated by the panel of experts, after which a final answer key will be published.
PUTHAT 2022 Result
PUTHAT Result 2022 will be declared by the Punjab University online on the official website.
- No separate result cards will be issued to the candidates by the office. The University shall also prepare a merit list that will include the name of the qualifiers of the entrance exam.
- The candidates are offered admission to the course on the basis of their merit lists prepared by Panjab University.
- In order to qualify the entrance exam, the applicants need to obtain minimum cut off marks in the test.
PUTHAT 2022 Counselling
Only those candidates who will qualify the test by obtaining the minimum cut off percentage will be eligible to participate in the PUTHAT 2022 Counselling.
- The qualifiers will have to download and submit the Second part of the Admission Form, which will be uploaded on the UIHTM website.
- The candidates need to submit the admission form along with the necessary documents before the last date.
- Also, the candidates need to bring the original documents on the day of counseling.
- All the candidates need to be physically present for the counseling. The University shall conduct two (02) rounds of the PUTHAT Counselling.
Panjab University 2022 Fee Structure
The previous year fee to be paid by the candidate while taking admission to the desired courses offered by the university is mentioned in the table below.
|Course||First Installment||Second Installment|
|BHMCT||Rs. 48,565/- + Student welfare activities fund Rs.3000/- p.a||Rs. 36,350/-|
|BTTM||Rs. 34,230 + Student welfare activities fund Rs.3000/- p.a||Rs. 22,015/-|
About PUTHAT 2022
PUTHAT 2022 is the entrance exam that is conducted by the Panjab University Chandigarh. This entrance exam is for those students who want to get admission in Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM) in the University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM).
FAQs on PUTHAT 2022
100 MCQ questions would be asked.
-Current Affairs and General Awareness
-Hospitality Industry Awareness
There shall be negative marking i.e., 25% marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Official Website: puthat.puchd.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.