Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management – The Institute offers MSc in Computer Science in four different specializations and M. Phil programmes in Computer Science, and Ecological Informatics. MSc programs admission will be based on IIITM-K Common Admission Test (ITCAT) / valid GATE score. M.Phil admission will be based on IIITM-K Research Aptitude Test (ITRAT) / valid GATE or NET score. Candidates can check more details about IIITM-K PG Admission 2019 from this page.
IIITM-K PG Admission 2019
All the Candidates seeking admission to the various programs of IIITM-K have to apply online. The online application date has been released by IIITM-K. IIITM-K programs will be subject to the selected candidate fulfilling the prescribed eligibility criteria and completing all the formalities of the admission process.
Expected schedule of events for IIITM-K PG Admission 2019 is given below:
|Online Registration for admission begins||01 Mar 2019|
|Last date for Online Registration & Fee Payment||31 May 2019|
|Admit Card (Online only)||01 Jun 2019|
|Written Entrance Examination for all PG Programmes||09 Jun 2019|
|Result of Written Entrance Examination||21 Jun 2019|
|Commencement of classes||2nd week of July 2019|
The IIITM-K PG Application Form 2019 has been released online as per the schedule. The application process for IIITM-K PG Admission 2019 is completely online. The candidates should apply for the desired program using the online facility as per the schedule.
Application Form: Click here to online application form for PG admissions 2019-20
Before submitting the online application, the candidates should carefully read the instructions. In order to register online follow the link at www.iiitmk.ac.in/online-admission. The fee is collected online via CanBank FeeCounter (login name: your application number). The online payment is accepted via Debit cards, Credit cards, Net Banking or IMPS.
- For General category: Rs 1000
- For SC/ST category: Rs 500
The candidates should carefully read the eligibility criteria prescribed by IITM-K. Only the eligible candidates will be granted admission to the various courses upon their selection. The eligibility criteria for admissions into different courses is different as described below.
M.SC. in Computer Science
- Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Engineering/Technology/ Science with Mathematics as a subject of study with a minimum score of 60 percentage marks OR CPI/CGPA of 6.5 or above in 10 points.
- For MSc. with specialization in Geospatial analytics, candidates with above qualifications or Graduation/ Specialisation in GeoSciences (with 60% marks) are also eligible.
M. Phil Ecological Informatics
- M.Sc. in Natural (Botany, Zoology, Environmental Science, Plant Sciences, etc. or Physical (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) Sciences with a score of 60 % marks or above or CGPA of 6.5 or above in 10 points scale in the qualifying examination. SC/ST candidates are eligible for admission if they have minimum pass marks in the qualifying examination. Students those who are in the final semester/year can also apply.
M. Phil Computer Science
- M.Sc./MCA/M.Tech (Computer Science/Information Technology/Electronics/Computational Science/Geo-informatics) having a minimum of three courses in Computer Science/Information Technology in the qualifying Examination, with at least 60 percent marks OR CGPA of 6.5 or above in 10 points.
The IIITM-K PG Admit Card also called Hall Ticket, will be available online on the official website of IIITM-K i.e. www.iiitmk.ac.in. Candidates will be able to generate Hall ticket for the Admission Test online through this website as per the schedule. IIITM-K will not send separate Hall tickets by post or courier to the candidates. You will be informed about this by email. The direct link to download IIITM-K PG Admit Card will be provided on this page when the admit card will release.
- Total number of questions: 60
- Duration of Examination: 60 Minutes
Note: Each correct answer carries 4 marks and for each wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted. No negative mark for unattended questions.
Click here to check the IIITM-K PG sample question paper and exam syllabus for ITCAT and ITRAT.
Exam Syllabus ITCAT: Computer Science, General Knowledge, Aptitude, General Science and engineering and Mathematics.
Exam Syllabus ITRAT: Computer Science, General Knowledge, Aptitude, Research Aptitude, Mathematics & General Science.
Kerala: Ernakulam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Pathanamthitta, Perinthalmanna, Thiruvananthapuram, Thodupuzha, Thrissur.
Other Cities: Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Nagpur, New Delhi, Pune, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Tiruchirappalli, Visakhapatanam .
If the sufficient number of applications are not received for a center, the Institute reserves the right to cancel the said center and shift the applicants of that center to another nearest center.
Admission to MSc programs will be based on the IIITM-K Common Admission Test (ITCAT) / valid GATE score. The test comprises questions on Computer Science, General Knowledge, Aptitude, General Science and Engineering, Mathematics.
M.Phil admission will be based on the IIITM-K Research Aptitude Test (ITRAT) / valid GATE or NET score. The test comprises questions on Computer Science, General Knowledge, Aptitude, Research Aptitude, Mathematics & General Science
Seat Matrix and Courses Offered
- M.Sc. in Computer Science with Specialization in Cyber Security – (40 seats).
- M.Sc. in Computer Science with Specialization in Machine Intelligence – (30 seats).
- M.Sc. in Computer Science with Specialization in Data Analytics – (30 seats).
- M.Sc. in Computer Science with Specialization in Geospatial Analytics – (30 seats).
- M. Phil Computer Science – (15 seats).
- M. Phil Ecological Informatics – (15 seats).
Govt. of India scholarships available for SC/ST students.
For M.Phil Courses:
For M.Sc Courses:
For more details regarding the IIITM-K PG Admission 2019 follow the Official website: www.iiitmk.ac.in.