Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management – The Institute offers MSc in Computer Science in four different specializations and M. Phil programmes in Computer Science, and Ecological Informatics. MSc programs admission will be based on IIITM-K Common Admission Test (ITCAT) / valid GATE score. M.Phil admission will be based on IIITM-K Research Aptitude Test (ITRAT) / valid GATE or NET score. Candidates can check more details about IIITM-K PG Admission 2018 from this page.
IIITM-K PG Admission 2018
All the Candidates seeking admission to the various programs of IIITM-K have to apply online. The online application portal will open in the first week of March 2018. IIITM-K programs will be subject to the selected candidate fulfilling the prescribed eligibility criteria and completing all the formalities of the admission process.
Expected schedule of events for IIITM-K PG Admission 2018 is given below:
|Online Registration for admission begins||1st week of Mar 2018|
|Last date for Online Registration & Fee Payment||4th week of May 2018|
|Issue of Hall Ticket for Online Examination||1st week of Jun 2018|
|Date of Online Examination||1st week of Jun 2018|
|Examination Result||2nd week of Jun 2018|
|Commencement of classes||First week of July 2018|
- M.Sc. in Computer Science with Specialization in Cyber Security – (40 seats).
- M.Sc. in Computer Science with Specialization in Machine Intelligence – (30 seats).
- M.Sc. in Computer Science with Specialization in Data Analytics – (30 seats).
- M.Sc. in Computer Science with Specialization in Geospatial Analytics – (30 seats).
- M. Phil Computer Science – (15 seats).
- M. Phil Ecological Informatics – (15 seats).
The candidates should carefully read the eligibility criteria prescribed by IITM-K. Only the eligible candidates will be granted admission to the various courses upon their selection. The eligibility criteria for admissions into different courses is different as described below.
M.SC. in Computer Science
- Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Engineering/Technology/ Science with Mathematics as a subject of study with a minimum score of 60 percentage marks OR CPI/CGPA of 6.5 or above in 10 points.
- For MSc. with specialization in Geospatial analytics, candidates with above qualifications or Graduation/ Specialisation in GeoSciences (with 60% marks) are also eligible.
M. Phil Ecological Informatics
- M.Sc. in Natural Sciences (Botany, Zoology, Environmental Science and Plant Science) or Physical Sciences
M. Phil Computer Science
- M.Sc./MCA/M.Tech (Computer Science/Information Technology/Electronics/Computational Science/Geo-informatics) having a minimum of three papers in Computer Science/Information Technology in the qualifying Examination.
The IITM-K PG Application Form 2018 will be released online as per the schedule. The application process for IITM-K PG Admission 2018 is completely online. The candidates should apply for the desired program using the online facility as per the schedule.
Application Fee: Rs. 250/-
Before submitting the online application, the candidates should carefully read the instructions. In order to register online follow the link at www.iiitmk.ac.in/online-admission. The fee is collected online via CanBank FeeCounter (login name: your application number). The online payment is accepted via Debit cards, Credit cards, Net Banking or IMPS.
The IIITM-K PG Admit Card, also called Hall Ticket, will be made available online on the official website of IIITM-K i.e. www.iiitmk.ac.in. Candidates are requested to generate Hall ticket for the Admission Test online through this website few days before the Test. IIITM-K will not send separate Hall tickets by post or courier to the candidates. you will be informed about this by email. The direct link to download IIITM-K PG Admit Card will be provided here as soon as it is released officially.
Kerala: Calicut, Cochin, Kottayam, Perinthalmanna, Thodupuzha, Pathanamthitta, Trivandrum, Kasargod, Palakkad
Other Cities: Chennai, Madurai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Guwahati, New Delhi, Patna.
If the sufficient number of applications are not received for a centre, the Institute reserves the right to cancel the said centre and shift the applicants of that centre to another nearest centre.
Admission to MSc programs will be based on IIITM-K Common Admission Test (ITCAT) / valid GATE score. The test comprises questions on General Knowledge, General Science, Mathematics, English and Reasoning and Fundamentals of Computer.
M.Phil admission will be based on IIITM-K Research Aptitude Test (ITRAT) / valid GATE or NET score.
Govt. of India scholarships available for SC/ST students.
Official website: www.iiitmk.ac.in.
Insofar, only eligibility criteria of IIITM-K PG Admission 2018 have been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management releases IIITM-K PG Admission 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.