IIMC 2018 Application Form has been released on March 20, 2018. India’s premier institute Indian Institute of Mass Communication invites eligible candidates to reach out to their portal and fill the IIMC Application Form, the application link for which has been activated for use and is provided below for the ease of candidates.The institute allows the aspirant to pick from Online mode or Offline mode to fill the IIMC 2018 Application Form. In online mode- the application is filled using internet, while in offline mode, candidate has to fill the form in his own handwriting.
IIMC Application Form 2018
Completed forms are required to be sent through post with the DD of Rs.1500/- for general and Rs.1000/- for reserved category. Candidates can check the important dates related to the IIMC Application Form 2018 from the table below.
|Sale of application forms begins||20 Mar 2018|
|Last date for sale and receipt of Application Form||01 May 2018|
- Click here to apply online for IIMC Entrance Exam 2018.
- Click here to download the offline application form of IIMC Entrance Exam 2018.
Official website: www.iimc.nic.in.
Instructions for form filling
- Application forms is now available for the candidates if you wish to fill them online, from office of the institute if you wish to get them in person or through post requesting it on payment of required sum.
- Demand Draft for application fee should be enclosed with the application form.
- Keep ready the following items Scanned photograph, scanned signatures and Payment method- (either DD or net banking).
- The applicant should fill the form in his / her own handwriting.
- The candidates can submit one application form for either Journalism (Hindi) or Journalism (English) as these are informed to have a common written entrance.
- Submit separate application form for Journalism (Urdu)/ Journalism (Oriya)/ Journalism (Marathi)/ Journalism (Malayalam).
- The written entrance examination for above courses will be conducted simultaneously.
- Ensure to check course and required eligibility criteria before filling the form.
- Fill the form only after reading and fully understanding the instructions.
- Avoid using pencil for filling the form.
- Use Black Ink only.
- Paste your recent passport size photograph, duly attested.
- Do not use dashes or dots in form.
- Please write ‘NA’ (not applicable); or ‘No’ (Nil), If any item in the application form is not applicable to you.
- However, if it is applicable, indicate it with a tick mark.
How to Apply?
Stage-1 Filling the form
The candidate best understands the medium she wants to choose to fill the application form. In any way, it is mandatory to clearly use spelling of name, guardian’s name, indicating category to which the applicant belongs, i.e. either General or from SC/ST/OBC/ Physically Handicapped.
It is possible that the candidate may have to fill all the personal details, highest educational details, marks obtained in academics and uploading the necessary documents.
Stage-2 Photograph and signature related instructions
Online candidates will have to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature while candidate filling the form in offline mode should put their photograph and signature in the space provided. To paste the photograph on printed form, only use gum. Do not staple the photograph. You may also have to get it attested.
Stage-3 Application Fee
The following table describes the amount paid by the candidate who registered for IIMC Entrance Exam last year. The amount paid as per last year candidates depended on the category to which they belonged. Candidates registering online do not need to send the application form/ DD through post. Candidates selecting DD medium have to get a DD drawn in favor of Registrar IIMC payable at New Delhi. Let us check the amount paid last year:-
|Category||Online through net banking etc.||Offline through DD|
|General||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ST/OBC/PH||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 1000/-|
Stage-4 Undertaking by the candidate
Candidates filing the form in online mode or offline mode has to sign an undertaking. The undertaking indicates that all the information filled in the form is true and complete in all respect. Also to certify that the candidate has understood the terms and conditions of the institute. Legal action may be levied against her if discrepancy is encountered.
Stage-5 Sending the form to the officials
Post filling the form, get the entire application and already drawn DD in one envelope. Apply very little gum at the edges of the flap and seal the application form to avoid damage to the form. Incomplete or incorrect form will be rejected. You are personally responsible for the correctness of details. Completed applications should reach (in person/ by post) the below office .
The Additional Director General (T&A),
Indian Institute of Mass Communication,
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,
Stage-6 Application form Receiving
The institute is expected to inform the candidates about the form acceptance through email medium. However, if the candidate does not receive any intimation, she may contact the officials.