IIT Indore M.Tech Admission 2020 – Indian Institute of Technology Indore invites applications from highly motivated and research-oriented students for admission to its M.Tech. Programs with a provision for converting it to M.Tech. + Ph.D. Dual Degree Program during the 2nd semester of the program. Eligible Candidates who interested to apply for IIT Indore M.tech admission can apply online. Candidates can check all the details like Eligibility, Application Procedure, Counselling for IIT Indore M.Tech Admission 2020 on this page is given below.
IIT Indore M.tech Admission 2020
The process of admission to M.Tech course offered at Indian Institute of Technology Indore is going to start as per the schedule. The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of GATE score. Applicants under admission categories of SW, DF and IS are exempted from the GATE qualification. Therefore, applicants under category DF, SW and IS need not register on COAP portal instead they must send their application directly to the concerned program coordinator.The schedule of events for the IIT Indore M.Tech Admission 2020 is given below.
Important Dates to Remember
|Starting date of online application||Mar 2020|
|Last date for on-line application||Apr 2020|
|Commencement of the program||Jul 2020|
Eligible Candidates who are interested to apply for IIT Indore M.tech Admission, need to use the following step given below for submitted their Application Form.
Payment of Application fee: (Non-refundable) application fee of Rs. 800.00 (Rs. Eight Hundred Only) must be paid online ONLY by transferring to the Bank Account:
The candidate must pay the application fee and then apply ONLINE through our website. While applying online, the transaction ID of online application fee payment must be mentioned.
- First apply for COAP
- Pay the application fees
- Then fill application form
- Print Application
Separate application form must be filled along with payment of application fee for applying to each MTech Program.
After submitting the application online, the filled application form must be downloaded. Its signed hard-copy along with recent photograph, self-attested relevant certificates/document, transaction slip of online payment of the application fee, and photocopy of the valid GATE score card must reach to the address of correspondence.
The application received after the last date of application OR not meeting the qualifying criteria OR incomplete in any aspect will NOT be considered for further processing and no correspondence in such matters will be entertained.
Common Application Portal (for International Students)- Candidates must apply ONLINE through our website (http://academic.iiti.ac.in). This will generate a unique application number for each applicant. After Submitting the application online, the eligible candidate has to send the signed hard-copy of the application along with recent photograph, self- attested relevant certificates and Statement of Purpose (SOP) to the concerned discipline. In case a candidate wishes to apply in more than one discipline then the separate application must be filled for each discipline.
Address for Correspondence
Application for MTech Program to be submitted to the Office of the concerned Head of Discipline as mentioned below:-
- Communication & Signal Processing- Four-year Bachelor’s degree or five-year integrated degree with first division (as defined by the awarding Institute/University for Indian applicants and equivalent for International applicants) in Electrical/ Electronics and Communication/ Electronics and Instrumentation / Telecommunication/ Computer Science and Engineering/ Information Technology
- VLSI Design and Nanoelectronics-Four-year Bachelor’s degree or five-year integrated degree with first division (as defined by the awarding Institute/University for Indian applicants and equivalent for International applicants) in Electronics and Communication Engineering or Electronics Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Instrumentation and Control Engineering or Computer Science and Engineering
- Production & Industrial Engineering-Four-year Bachelor’s degree or five-year integrated degree with first division (as defined by the awarding Institute/University for Indian applicants and equivalent for International applicants) in Mechanical/ Production/ Industrial/ Manufacturing, Materials and Metallurgy/ Mechatronics/ Automobile Engineering
- Mechanical Systems Design- Four-year Bachelor’s degree or five-year integrated degree with first division (as defined by the awarding Institute/University for Indian applicants and equivalent for International applicants) in Mechanical Engineering
- Material Science and Engineering-Four-year Bachelor’s degree or five-year integrated degree with first division (as defined by the awarding Institute/University for Indian applicants and equivalent for International applicants) in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Metallurgy/ Material Science/ Automobile Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ M.Sc. in Chemistry/ Physics/ Material Science/ Applied Electronics/ equivalent
- Metallurgy Engineering- Four-year Bachelor’s degree or five-year integrated degree with first division (as defined by the awarding Institute/University for Indian applicants and equivalent for International applicants) either in Metallurgy/ Materials Science and Engineering/ Mechanical/ Manufacturing/ Production Engineering
- For Indian Candidates : Valid GATE qualification in Electronics and Communication (EC) ONLY.
- For Foreign Candidates : Valid score of TOEFL or IELTS, AND valid score of GRE.
As per last year, each program was intake capacity of 12 seats (i.e. Gen-6, OBC-3, SC-2 and ST-1) for admission under TA category. Apart from 12 seats, there were 3 supernumerary seats available in each program for International applicants. Seats were also available for applicants under SW, DF and IS category over and above the total intake.
List of candidates offered admission to M Tech and MS (Research) Programs will be released by IIT Indore. Candidates can check the same from official website i.e., www.iiti.ac.in or the direct link provided below.
For Indian Candidates:
- All GATE qualified applicants, who have submitted admission application should also register at Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP) for making decision against admission offers (if any) on COAP website (https://coap.iitm.ac.in) as and when activated by the organizing IIT. All applicants are advised to keep visiting the academic webpage of IIT Indore and COAP website for latest updates.
- After successful completion of registration at COAP, an applicant will be able to access information on his/her offers made (if any) from the participating Institutes during the time windows to be announced on the COAP portal.
- The applicants will be short-listed according to their GATE score. IIT graduates having CPI equal to or more than 8.0 are exempted from GATE qualification. The shortlisting of such applicants will be done on the basis of their CPI. The round wise list of shortlisted applicants will be available on the IIT Indore website (http://academic.iiti.ac.in)
- No separate call letter will be sent to the short-listed applicants for selection process.
- Among the short-listed applicants, those who are selected through COAP will be offered admission in the respective PG program and in the respective category (as mentioned at the time of application) strictly in the order of merit.
- After verification of all the relevant documents, submission of GATE score card and payment of amount of the admission fee (will be announced separately), the admission will be given on the day of course registration to those applicants who accept the offer of admission.
- IIT Indore will not conduct any spot-round admission after completion of all the round of Seat Allotment through COAP.
- In case an applicant wishes to apply in more than one program then separate application must be filled for each program and separate fee has to be paid for each application
For International Candidates :
- Definition of International applicant: Anyone who is not a citizen of India will be considered as an international applicant for the purpose of admission.
- Applicants must apply ONLINE through our website (http://academic.iiti.ac.in). This will generate a unique application number for each applicant.
- In case an applicant wishes to apply in more than one program then separate application must be filled for each program and separate fee has to be paid for each application.
- Selection shall be based on performance in the interview, which can be conducted through video conferencing also, for the shortlisted applicants.
- For detailed information international applicants should visit the academic web page of IIT Indore https://academic.iiti.ac.in/ and may visit the website of Study in India at https://www.studyinindia.gov.in.
- Fee Structure (for AY 2020-21): Fee payable by the International applicants shall be as under:
Regions Tuition fee per Semester
(in US $)
Accommodation charges (excluding
dining charges) (in US $)
SAARC countries 850 500 Non-SAARC countries 1500 600
- Applicants under admission categories of SW, DF and IS are exempted from the GATE qualification. Therefore, applicants under category DF, SW and IS need not register on COAP portal instead they must send their application directly to the concerned program coordinator.
- Scholarship may be paid to the students admitted under Teaching Assistantship (TA) category as per the existing norms after successful completion of the assigned TA duties on monthly basis.
- No Scholarship is available for SW, DF, IS and International applicants.
- All the PG programs at IIT Indore have an option to convert into M.Tech. + Ph.D. or M.S. + Ph.D. dual degree program during the fourth semester of a PG program.
- Relaxation of 5% in minimum required percentage/ CPI/ CGPA in qualifying degree is applicable to SC, ST and PwD category applicants.
- 10% seats are reserved for Economically Weaker Section (EWS) in M.S. (Research) Program in Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
- Applicants under IS, DF and SW categories are required to send following documents in original, along with a copy of application form to the Office of Dean, Academic Affairs. However, copies of these documents should also be sent along with original application form as required by the respective discipline.
- Form for Sponsorship letter for applicants under IS, SW and DF category
- Form for NOC for applicants under IS, SW and DF category
- Form for selecting a Co-Supervisor from an External or Sponsoring Organization (if required)
- Form for the employer for the applicants joining PG or Ph.D. program on study leave under SW and DF category
Address of Office of Dean, Academic Affairs for sending requisite documents in original by the applicants under IS, DF and SW categories: Office of Dean, Academic Affairs Room no. 105, Manganese Building Indian Institute of Technology Indore Khandwa Road, Simrol, Indore-453552, Madhya Pradesh, India Contact no. +91-7324-306994 e-mail: [email protected]
For detailed information about IIT Indore M.Tech Admission 2020 – Download Admission Notification, from last year.