IIT Indore Admission – Indian Institute of Technology Indore invites applications from highly motivated and research-oriented students for admission to its M.Tech. Programs with a provision for converting it to M.Tech. + Ph.D. Dual Degree Program during the 2nd semester of the program. Eligible Candidates who interested to apply for IIT Indore M.tech admission can apply online on or before May 4, 2018. Candidates can check all the details like Eligibility, Application Procedure, Counselling for IIT Indore M.Tech Admission 2018 on this page is given below.
IIT Indore M.tech Admission 2018
The process of admission to M.Tech course offered at Indian Institute of Technology Indore is going to start as per the schedule. The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of GATE score. IIT graduates with CPI equal to or more than 8.0, SWF, SWP and DF category candidates are exempted from the GATE qualification. The schedule of events for the IIT Indore M.Tech Admission 2018 is given below.
Important Dates to Remember
|Starting date of online application||28 Mar 2018|
|Last date for on-line application||4 May 2018|
|Last date for receiving the hardcopy of the application along with all the documents||11 May 2018|
|Commencement of the program||23 Jul 2018|
List of candidates offered admission to M Tech and MS (Research) Programs during Round 1 has been released by IIT Indore. Candidates can check the same from official website i.e., www.iiti.ac.in or the direct link provided below.
- Click Here to check the List of candidates offered admission to M Tech and MS (Research) Programs during Round 1.
- Click Here to check the List of candidates offered admission to M Tech and MS (Research) Programs during Round 2.
Eligible Candidates who are interested to apply for IIT Indore M.tech Admission, need to use the following step given below for submitted their Application Form.
Payment of Application fee: (Non-refundable) application fee of Rs. 800.00 (Rs. Eight Hundred Only) must be paid online ONLY by transferring to the Bank Account:
The subject/narration of online payment must mention “M.Tech. Application Fee”.
The candidate must pay the application fee and then apply ONLINE through our website (http://academic.iiti.ac.in). While applying online, the transaction ID of online application fee payment must be mentioned.
Application process over..!!
Separate application form must be filled along with payment of application fee for applying to each MTech Program.
After submitting the application online, the filled application form must be downloaded. Its signed hard-copy along with recent photograph, self-attested relevant certificates/document, transaction slip of online payment of the application fee, and photocopy of the valid GATE score card must reach to the address of correspondence on or before May 11, 2018.
The application received after the last date of application OR not meeting the qualifying criteria OR incomplete in any aspect will NOT be considered for further processing and no correspondence in such matters will be entertained.
Common Application Portal (for International Students)- International students may refer to the web link https://intapp.iitb.ac.in/ for admission in PostGraduate Programs. Candidates must apply ONLINE through our website (http://academic.iiti.ac.in). This will generate a unique application number for each applicant. After Submitting the application online, the eligible candidate has to send the signed hard-copy of the application along with recent photograph, self- attested relevant certificates and Statement of Purpose (SOP) to the concerned discipline. In case a candidate wishes to apply in more than one discipline then the separate application must be filled for each discipline.
Address for Correspondence
Application for MTech Program to be submitted to the Office of the concerned Head of Discipline as mentioned below:-
- Communication & Signal Processing-Minimum First division* BE/BTech degree in Electrical/ Electronics and Communication/ Electronics and Instrumentation/ Telecommunication/ Computer Science and Engineering/ Information Technology
- VLSI Design and Nanoelectronics- Minimum First division* BE/BTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering or Electronics Engineering or Electrical Engineering or
Instrumentation and Control Engineering or Computer Science and Engineering
- Production & Industrial Engineering- Minimum First division* BE/BTech degree in Mechanical/ Production/ Industrial/ Manufacturing, Materials and Metallurgy/ Mechatronics/ Automobile Engineering.
- Mechanical Systems Design- Minimum First division* BE/BTech degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Material Science and Engineering- Minimum First division* BE/BTech degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Metallurgy/ Material Science/ Automobile Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ M.Sc. in Chemistry/ Physics/ Material Science/Applied Electronics/ equivalent.
- Metallurgy Engineering- Minimum First division* BE/ BTech degree either in Metallurgy/ Materials Science and Engineering/ Mechanical/ Manufacturing/ Production Engineering.
Computer Science and Engineering
- MS(Research)- Minimum First division* BE/BTech degree in Computer Science and
Engineering or Information Technology.
*Each program has intake capacity of 12 seats (i.e. Gen-6, OBC-3, SC-2 and ST-1) for admission under TA category. Apart from 12 seats, there are 3 supernumerary seats available in each program for International applicants. Seats are also available for applicants under SW, DF and IS category over and above the total intake.
* The first class is defined as
- 60 % marks for GEN/OBC (55% for SC/ST) category in aggregate or as specified by the University/ Institute, OR
- CPI/CGPA of 6.0 for GEN/OBC (5.5 for SC/ST) category on the scale of 10; with corresponding proportional requirements when the scales are other than on 10 (for example 4.8 for GEN/OBC category (4.4 for SC/ST) on a scale of 8) , OR
- A first class as specified by the University/Institute awarding the degree.
IIT graduates with CPI equal to or more than 8.0 and applicants under admission categories of SW, DF and IS are exempted from the GATE qualification. And
International applicants are exempted from GRE and TOEFL qualification for Academic Year 2018-19.
- The candidates to be called for counselling will be short-listed according to their GATE score. IIT graduates having CPI equal to or more than 8.0 are exempted from GATE qualification. The shortlisting of such candidates will be done on the basis of their CPI. The list will be available on the IIT Indore website (http://academic.iiti.ac.in).
- No separate call letter will be sent to the short-listed candidates for attending the counseling.
- Among the short-listed candidates, those attending the counselling process will be offered admission in the respective MTech program and in the respective category (as filled at the time of application) strictly in the order of merit.
- After verification of all the relevant documents, submission of GATE score card and payment of the amount of the admission fee (will be announced separately), the admission will be given on the day of course registration to those candidates who accept the offer of admission. On completion of Seat Allotment Rounds through COAP, spot rounds will be conducted by the Institute tentatively in the first week of July 2018, in case of any
The selection procedure would be an interview (in-person or over video conference) for the shortlisted applicants. Statement of Purpose (SOP)
and recommendations of the referees (Letter of Recommendation) must be submitted by the candidate before his interview.
- IIT graduates with CPI equal to or more than 8.0 and applicants under admission categories of SW, DF and IS and International candidates are exempted from the GATE qualification. Therefore, they are advised to send their application directly to IIT Indore and need not register through COAP.
- Scholarship may be paid to the students admitted under MHRD-Teaching Assistantship (TA) category as per the MHRD norms after successful completion of the
assigned TA duties on the monthly basis.
- No Scholarship is available for SW, DF and IS category candidates.
- The candidates applying under SW and DF category must submit the requisite documents available at http://academic.iiti.ac.in/phdforms/5022015Additional-Rulesfor-IS+SW-Part-Time-PG+PhD-Programs.pdf.
For detailed information about IIT Indore M.Tech Admission 2018 – Download Admission Notification.