National Institute Of Technology, Silchar is one of the 30 National Institutes of Technology of India and was established in 1967 as a Regional Engineering College in Assam. In 2002 it was upgraded to the status of National Institute of Technology and was declared as Institute of National Importance under the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007. NIT Silchar was ranked 53 among engineering colleges in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework in 2017.The Institute is approved by UGC and AITCE. NIT offers various U.G,P.G and Ph.D courses.
Address: NIT Silchar
Pin code-788010, Silchar
Phone: 03842-224879 / 03842-24227
Director: Prof. Sivaji Bandyopadhyay
NIT Silchar Admission
Candidates gets admission for the undergraduate courses through the JEE-Main conducted by CBSE, New Delhi and admission to the M.Tech and PhD courses are primarily based on scores in the GATE exam, conducted by the IITs.
- NIT Silchar MBA Admission
NIT Silchar offers various U.G, P.G and Ph.D courses.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Other departments
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of Management Studies
- B.Tech. Admission Status for the year 2014-15
- M.Tech., M.Sc. & MBA Admission Status for the year 2014-15
- B.Tech. Admission Status for the year 2013-14
- M.Tech., M.Sc. & MBA Admission Status for the year 2013-14
- Fee Structure (2nd – 8th Semesters) for B.Tech., 2016-17 & 2017-18 Entry Batch
- Fee Structure (3rd – 8th Semesters) for B.Tech., 2014-15 & 2015-16 Entry Batches
- Fee Structure (2nd – 4th Semesters) for M.B.A., M.Sc. & M.Tech., 2017-18 Entry Batch
- Fee Structure (2nd – 4th Semesters) for M.B.A., M.Sc. & M.Tech., 2016-17 Entry Batch
The placement offered to the student is based on the marks and academic performance of the student during their academic period. The T&P(Training and Placement) Cell of NIT Silchar not only acts as a facilitator for training and placement but also works towards overall development of the students. It works under the guidance of the Training and Placement Officer in consultation with FIC. It primarily works as a liaison between industry and institute.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.