NMIHACM MA Admission 2021 – National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology (NMIHACM) has released the shortlisted candidate’s list for online interaction for admission to the MA (History of Art/Conservation/ Museology) for the academic year 2021-22. National Museum Institute is the main conducting body for admission in M.A (History of Art, Conservation, Museology). The last date to submit the application form is one month from the date of publication of the notice. The complete details of NMIHACM MA Admission 2021 such as application form, eligibility criteria, and other necessary details are given below.
Latest – NMIHACM has released the shortlisted candidate’s list for online Interaction for admission to the MA courses. Scroll down to check it.
NMIHACM MA Admission 2021
National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology (NMIHACM) is a Deemed to be University under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, located in the National Museum, New Delhi. The Institute offers specialized courses in (a) History of Art (b) Conservation (c) Museology, leading to the award of M.A. in concerned disciplines. Candidates are advised to mark the below-mentioned dates for the admission & submission of the application form. Below a schedule for the NMIHACM MA Admission 2021 is given below.
|Events||Date & Time|
|Publication of Admission Notice||07 Jul 2021|
|Last date for receipt/submission of filled application forms||07 Aug 2021|
|Release of eligible candidate’s list for written test for MA admission||02 Sep 2021|
|Date of Written test and Interview|
|M. A. (History of Art) Interview||11 Oct 2021 (11:00 AM)|
|M. A. (Conservation) Interview||13 Oct 2021 (11:00 AM)|
|M.A. (Museology) Interview||12 Oct 2021 (11:00 AM)|
NMIHACM MA Admission 2021 Shortlisted Candidates List for Interview
National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology (NMIHACM) has released the shortlisted candidate’s list for online interaction for admission to the MA (History of Art/Conservation/ Museology) for the academic year 2021-22. Based on the performance in the online written test of M.A. (Conservation), M.A. (Museology) and M.A. (History of Art) candidates have been shortlisted for the online interaction.
- Click here to download shortlisted candidates for the online interaction in M.A. (Museology)
- Click here to download shortlisted candidates for the online interaction in M.A. (History of Art)
- Click here to download shortlisted candidates for the online interaction in M.A. (Conservation)
Click here to download the below notice.
Click here to download the below notice.
NMIHACM MA Admission 2021 Eligible Candidates List for Written Test
Eligible candidates list for Written Test has updated official website, which is nmi.gov.in. The direct link to check eligible candidate’s lists for written test for admission to the MA courses is provided below.
.Eligible Candidates List: Click here to check the NMIHACM MA Admission 2021Eligible Candidates List for Written Test.
NMIHACM MA Admission 2021 Application Form
Interested candidates can download the application form from the direct link given below. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying. Application forms must be submitted before the due date and application fee must be paid in order to get yourself registered successfully.
Application Form: Click here to download NMIHACM MA Admission 2021 Application Form
How to Submit Form: Completed application form must be sent through email to [email protected] No other mode of submission is accepted.
NMIHACM MA Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check their eligibility before applying for the M.A (History of Art, Conservation, Museology). There are separate eligibility details for each one course which as given below.
M.A. (History of Art): A Graduate Degree holder from an Indian University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) with minimum 50% marks.
Preferred candidates: Candidates with a background in Social Science, Liberal Arts or Fine Arts.
M. A. (Conservation): A Graduate Degree from an Indian University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) with minimum 50% marks in any one of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Biology, Biotechnology, Microbiology or Visual/Fine Arts or Architecture, Engineering and Technology. (OR)
A graduate degree from a recognized university in any of the following subjects: History, Geography, Anthropology, Archaeology or related disciplines with minimum 50% marks and 10+2/Senior secondary/ Intermediate level education in Science stream.
M.A. (Museology): A Graduate Degree from an Indian University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) with minimum 50% marks. The degree can be in any of the disciplines under Arts, Humanities, Social Science & Science with a minimum of 50% marks.
Preferred candidates: Candidates with Background who have a PG Diploma in subjects related to History of Art and Museum studies.
Who are Desirable/Preferred candidates?
NIM will give preference to such candidates who have a knowledge of one Classical/Foreign language such as Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Persian, Arabic, Greek, Latin, German, French, Italian other than mother tongue, then it will be considered as an additional qualification of the candidates to pursue M.A. courses.
Syllabus of NMIHACM MA Written Entrance Examination 2021
Candidates seeking admission in M.A. (History of Art), M.A. (Conservation) and M.A. (Museology) course will undergo a written test in the respective subject. Candidates need to follow the prescribed syllabus as given below in order to appear the written entrance examination for the following M.A courses.
M.A- History of Art:
- The Indus Valley Civilization: Art and Architecture.
- Early Indian Art during the period of the Mauryas, Shungas, Satavahanas, Kushanas, Guptas, Vakatakas: Stupa and early temple, architecture, sculpture, and other painting related traditions.
- Medieval art under the major dynasties such as Western Chalukyas, Rashtrakutas, Pallavas, Cholas, Hoysalas, Pratiharas, Parmaras, Chandellas and Pala-Senas: Temple traditions: Nagara, Dravida, and Vesara.
- High Medieval art and architecture of the Sultanate and Mughal periods, Miniature paintings: Mughal and Rajasthani schools.
- Modern and Contemporary Indian Art: major art movements and other artists.
- General knowledge about cultural heritage and art.
- Knowledge of basic sciences.
- Observation skills and Manual dexterity of the applicant is required.
- A candidate must ensure that he/she holds good writing skills.
- Candidates must have a basic understanding of a museum’s role in society.
- General knowledge of various museums.
- The social, cultural and educational role of a museum.
- Awareness of Indian culture and heritage.
- Basic understanding of Museology as a discipline as different from other related fields.
- The candidate should be able to justify one’s reason for opting for the course.
NMIHACM MA Admission 2021 Result
National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology (NMIHACM) will release Result of the Test & Interview. Candidates will be able to check the result through the direct link that will be updated in this page, as soon as the NMIHACM releases the result after conducting the entrance exam & interview for NMIHACM M.A 2021 Admission.
NMIHACM MA Admission 2021 Seat Matrix
The seat distribution for session 2021 is as given below-
- MA (History of Arts) – 25 Seats
- MA (Conservation) – 15 Seats
- MA (Museology) – 15 Seats
Reservation of seats and relaxation will be applicable as per the Government of India Rules.
Official Website: nmi.gov.in
For getting the detailed information about NMIHACM MA Admission 2021 – Download Admission Notice
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.