|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
NMIHACM MA Admission 2017 – National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology (NMIHACM) has released notification for admission to the M.A. ((History of Art/ Conservation/ Museology) for the academic year 2017-2018. The complete of NMIHACM MA Admission 2017 such as application form, eligibility criteria and other necessary details are given below.
NMIHACM MA Admission Test & Interview Result has been published, Check it below.
NMIHACM MA Admission 2017 – National Museum Institute
National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology (NMIHACM) is a Deemed to be University under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, located in the National Museum, New Delhi. The Institute offers specialized courses in (a) History of Art (b) Conservation (c) Museology, leading to the award of M.A. in concerned disciplines.
Schedule for the NMIHACM MA Admission 2017 is given below.
|Last date for receipt / submission of filled application forms||21 Jun 2017|
|Date of Written test and Interview held on 10.00 am|
|M. A. (History of Art)||10 Jul 2017|
|M. A. (Conservation)||11 Jul 2017|
|M.A. (Museology)||12 Jul 2017|
National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology (NMIHACM) has released Result of the Test & Interview held on 10 to 12 Jul 2017. Candidates can check the result through the direct link provided below.
- To Check the Result – Click Here
Note – Following successful candidates are also advised to be available in the Conference Room, First Floor, National Museum Institute on Thursday, 17th August, 2017 at 11.00 AM. If any candidate fails to take admission by Monday, 07th August, 2017, it will be presumed that he/she is not interested in admission to M.A. and the admission will then be offered to the waitlisted candidates(s). The classes will be commencing from Thursday, 17th August, 2017 as per schedule.
List of Shortlisted Candidates for Written Test and Interview has been published on the official website, Which can also be checked through the direct link provided below.
Application forms may be downloaded from the Institute’s website at www.nmi.gov.in as per the schedule. Candidates can also download the application form through the direct link, which will be given below.
- Download Application Form – Process Over…!!
M.A. (History of Art) :A Graduate Degree from an Indian University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or a recognized foreign University with minimum 50% marks. Desirable: A Background in Social Science, Liberal Arts or Fine Arts.
M. A. (Conservation) :A Graduate Degree from an Indian University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or a recognized foreign University with minimum 50% marks in any one of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Biology, Biotechnology, Microbiology or Visual/Fine Arts or Architecture, Engineering and Technology. OR
A graduate degree from recognised university in any of the following subjects: History, Geography, Anthropology, Archaeology or related disciplines with minimum 50% marks and 10+2 / Senior secondary/ Intermediate level education in Science stream.
M.A. (Museology) : A Graduate Degree from an Indian University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or a recognized foreign University with minimum 50% marks. The degree can be B.A. /B.Sc. (Honour’s) or B.A./B.Sc./BFA. in any discipline under Humanities and Social Science/ Science from Desirable: A Background/PG Diploma in subjects related to History of Art and Museum studies.
Knowledge of one Classical / Foreign language such as Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Persian, Arabic, Greek, Latin, German, French, Italian other than mother tongue will be an additional qualification for the purpose of M.A. courses.
Syllabus of Written Entrance Examination (M.A. Courses) – Last year
Candidates seeking admission in M.A. (History of Art), M.A. (Conservation) and M.A. (Museology) course will undergo a written test in respective subject.
History of Art
- The Indus Valley Civilization: art and architecture.
- Early Indian art during the period of the Mauryas, Shungas, Satavahanas, Kushanas, Guptas, Vakatakas: stupa and early temple, architecture, sculpture and painting traditions.
- Medieval art under the major dynasties such as Western Chalukyas, Rashtrakutas, Pallavas, Cholas, Hoysalas, Pratiharas, Parmaras, Chandellas and Pala-Senas: Temple traditions: Nagara, Dravida, and Vesara.
- High Medieval art and architecture of the Sultanate and Mughal periods, Miniature paintings: Mughal and Rajasthani schools.
- Modern and Contemporary Indian Art: major art movements and artists
- General knowledge about art and cultural heritage.
- Knowledge of basic sciences.
- Manual dexterity and observation skills of the applicant.
- Writing skills.
- Basic understanding of a museum’s role in the society.
- General knowledge about various museums.
- Social, cultural and educational role of a museum.
- Awareness of Indian culture and heritage.
- Basic understanding of Museology as a discipline as different from other related fields.
- The candidate should be able to justify one’s reason for opting for the course.