NMIHACM MA Admission 2018 – National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology (NMIHACM) will release notification for admission to the M.A. ((History of Art/ Conservation/ Museology) for the academic year 2018-2019. The complete details of NMIHACM MA Admission 2018 such as application form, eligibility criteria and other necessary details are given below.
NMIHACM MA Admission 2018 – National Museum Institute
National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology (NMIHACM) is a Deemed to be University under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, located in the National Museum, New Delhi. The Institute offers specialized courses in (a) History of Art (b) Conservation (c) Museology, leading to the award of M.A. in concerned disciplines.
Expected Schedule for the NMIHACM MA Admission 2018 is given below.
|Last date for receipt / submission of filled application forms||Jun 2018|
|Date of Written test and Interview held on 10.00 am|
|M. A. (History of Art)||Jul 2018|
|M. A. (Conservation)||Jul 2018|
|M.A. (Museology)||Jul 2018|
M.A. (History of Art) :A Graduate Degree from an Indian University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or a recognized foreign University with minimum 50% marks. Desirable: A Background in Social Science, Liberal Arts or Fine Arts.
M. A. (Conservation) :A Graduate Degree from an Indian University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or a recognized foreign University with minimum 50% marks in any one of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Biology, Biotechnology, Microbiology or Visual/Fine Arts or Architecture, Engineering and Technology. OR
A graduate degree from recognised university in any of the following subjects: History, Geography, Anthropology, Archaeology or related disciplines with minimum 50% marks and 10+2 / Senior secondary/ Intermediate level education in Science stream.
M.A. (Museology) : A Graduate Degree from an Indian University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or a recognized foreign University with minimum 50% marks. The degree can be B.A. /B.Sc. (Honour’s) or B.A./B.Sc./BFA. in any discipline under Humanities and Social Science/ Science from Desirable: A Background/PG Diploma in subjects related to History of Art and Museum studies.
Knowledge of one Classical / Foreign language such as Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Persian, Arabic, Greek, Latin, German, French, Italian other than mother tongue will be an additional qualification for the purpose of M.A. courses.
Application forms can be downloaded from the Institute’s website at www.nmi.gov.in as per the schedule. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying. Application forms must be filled before the due date and application fee must be paid in order to get yourself registered successfully. Candidates can also download the application form through the direct link, which will be provided below.
Syllabus of Written Entrance Examination (M.A. Courses) – Last year
Candidates seeking admission in M.A. (History of Art), M.A. (Conservation) and M.A. (Museology) course will undergo a written test in respective subject.
History of Art
- The Indus Valley Civilization: art and architecture.
- Early Indian art during the period of the Mauryas, Shungas, Satavahanas, Kushanas, Guptas, Vakatakas: stupa and early temple, architecture, sculpture and painting traditions.
- Medieval art under the major dynasties such as Western Chalukyas, Rashtrakutas, Pallavas, Cholas, Hoysalas, Pratiharas, Parmaras, Chandellas and Pala-Senas: Temple traditions: Nagara, Dravida, and Vesara.
- High Medieval art and architecture of the Sultanate and Mughal periods, Miniature paintings: Mughal and Rajasthani schools.
- Modern and Contemporary Indian Art: major art movements and artists
- General knowledge about art and cultural heritage.
- Knowledge of basic sciences.
- Manual dexterity and observation skills of the applicant.
- Writing skills.
- Basic understanding of a museum’s role in the society.
- General knowledge about various museums.
- Social, cultural and educational role of a museum.
- Awareness of Indian culture and heritage.
- Basic understanding of Museology as a discipline as different from other related fields.
- The candidate should be able to justify one’s reason for opting for the course.
National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology (NMIHACM) will release Result of the Test & Interview. Candidates will be able to check the result through the direct link that will be provided below.
Note: Selected candidates are also advised to be available in the Conference Room, First Floor, National Museum Institute for further process. If any candidate fails to take admission by due date, it will be presumed that he/ she is not interested in admission to M.A. and the admission will then be offered to the candidates in wait list.
List of Shortlisted Candidates for Written Test and Interview will be published on the official website after the result will be announced, Which can also be checked through the direct link that will be provided below.
Insofar, details regarding Admissions 2018 has not been released. Details on this page is as per the last year’s brochure and for reference purposes only. As soon as the details are announced officially, information will be updated here.