NMIHACM MA Admission 2020 – National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology (NMIHACM) has released the application form for admission to the M.A. (History of Art/Conservation/ Museology) for the academic year 2020-21. National Museum Institute is the main conducting body for admission in M.A (History of Art, Conservation, Museology). The last date to submit the application form is July 31, 2020. The complete details of NMIHACM MA Admission 2020 such as application form, eligibility criteria, and other necessary details are given below.
Latest: Application form for NMIHACM MA Admission 2020 is available. Scroll down to download the form.
NMIHACM MA Admission 2020
National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology (NMIHACM) is a Deemed to be University under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, located in the National Museum, New Delhi. The Institute offers specialized courses in (a) History of Art (b) Conservation (c) Museology, leading to the award of M.A. in concerned disciplines. Candidates are advised to mark the below-mentioned dates for the admission & submission of the application form. Below a schedule for the NMIHACM MA Admission 2020 is given below.
|Events||Date & Time|
|Last date for receipt/submission of filled application forms||31 Jul 2020|
|Date of Written test and Interview|
|M. A. (History of Art)||to be announced…|
|M. A. (Conservation)||to be announced…|
|M.A. (Museology)||to be announced…|
NMIHACM MA Admission 2020 Notice
NMIHACM MA Admission 2020 Application Form
Interested candidates can download the application form from the direct link given below. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying. Application forms must be submitted before the due date and application fee must be paid in order to get yourself registered successfully.
Application Form: Click here to download NMIHACM MA Admission 2020 Application Form
How to Submit Form: Completed application form must be sent through email to [email protected] No other mode of submission is accepted.
NMIHACM MA Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check their eligibility before applying for the M.A (History of Art, Conservation, Museology). There are separate eligibility details for each one course which as given below.
M.A. (History of Art): A Graduate Degree holder from an Indian University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) with minimum 50% marks.
Preferred candidates: Candidates with a background in Social Science, Liberal Arts or Fine Arts.
M. A. (Conservation): A Graduate Degree from an Indian University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) with minimum 50% marks in any one of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Biology, Biotechnology, Microbiology or Visual/Fine Arts or Architecture, Engineering and Technology. (OR)
A graduate degree from a recognized university in any of the following subjects: History, Geography, Anthropology, Archaeology or related disciplines with minimum 50% marks and 10+2/Senior secondary/ Intermediate level education in Science stream.
M.A. (Museology): A Graduate Degree from an Indian University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) with minimum 50% marks. The degree can be in any of the disciplines under Arts, Humanities, Social Science & Science with a minimum of 50% marks.
Preferred candidates: Candidates with Background who have a PG Diploma in subjects related to History of Art and Museum studies.
Who are Desirable/Preferred candidates?
NIM will give preference to such candidates who have a knowledge of one Classical/Foreign language such as Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Persian, Arabic, Greek, Latin, German, French, Italian other than mother tongue, then it will be considered as an additional qualification of the candidates to pursue M.A. courses.
Syllabus of NMIHACM MA Written Entrance Examination 2020
Candidates seeking admission in M.A. (History of Art), M.A. (Conservation) and M.A. (Museology) course will undergo a written test in the respective subject. Candidates need to follow the prescribed syllabus as given below in order to appear the written entrance examination for the following M.A courses.
M.A- History of Art:
- The Indus Valley Civilization: Art and Architecture.
- Early Indian Art during the period of the Mauryas, Shungas, Satavahanas, Kushanas, Guptas, Vakatakas: Stupa and early temple, architecture, sculpture, and other painting related traditions.
- Medieval art under the major dynasties such as Western Chalukyas, Rashtrakutas, Pallavas, Cholas, Hoysalas, Pratiharas, Parmaras, Chandellas and Pala-Senas: Temple traditions: Nagara, Dravida, and Vesara.
- High Medieval art and architecture of the Sultanate and Mughal periods, Miniature paintings: Mughal and Rajasthani schools.
- Modern and Contemporary Indian Art: major art movements and other artists.
- General knowledge about cultural heritage and art.
- Knowledge of basic sciences.
- Observation skills and Manual dexterity of the applicant is required.
- A candidate must ensure that he/she holds good writing skills.
- Candidates must have a basic understanding of a museum’s role in society.
- General knowledge of various museums.
- The social, cultural and educational role of a museum.
- Awareness of Indian culture and heritage.
- Basic understanding of Museology as a discipline as different from other related fields.
- The candidate should be able to justify one’s reason for opting for the course.
Shortlisted Candidates for NMIHACM MA Admission 2020
List of Shortlisted Candidates for Written Test and Interview will be updated on this page, as soon as the official website of NMI announces the list of shortlisted candidates on its official website. Which can also be checked through the direct link that will be provided below.
NMIHACM MA Admission 2020 Result
National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology (NMIHACM) will release Result of the Test & Interview. Candidates will be able to check the result through the direct link that will be updated in this page, as soon as the NMIHACM releases the result after conducting the entrance exam & interview for NMIHACM M.A 2020 Admission.
NMIHACM MA Admission 2020 Seat Matrix
The seat distribution for session 2020 is as given below-
- MA (History of Arts) – 25 Seats
- MA (Conservation) – 15 Seats
- MA (Museology) – 15 Seats
Reservation of seats and relaxation will be applicable as per the government of India Rules.
Official Website: nmi.gov.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.