Presidency University Result 2022 – Presidency University will be released the provisional merit list for UG courses on the official website. The candidates can check the merit list online at presiuniv.ac.in for Presidency University Admission 2022. The merit list for UG courses will be prepared according to the academic score of the candidates in 10+2. The result of the Presidency University Master Degree Entrance Test (PUMDET) will be released by WBJEEB. Check more information about Presidency University result 2022 from this page.
Presidency University Result 2022
For UG courses, the academic score shall be used to prepare General Merit Rank (GMR). Based on GMR, the allotment in UG and PG courses is done. Check the important dates regarding Presidency University result 2022 from the table given below.
|Date of Exam||to be announced||to be announced|
|Result||to be announced||to be announced|
|Counselling||to be announced||To be announced|
How PUBDET/PUMDET 2022 Result is Calculated for Presidency University Admission?
The result of PUBDET 2022 and PUMDET 2022 is compiled in the same process using the below-given steps:
First, preparation of rank card by WBJEEB: The rank card has scores of the candidates and the ranks assigned to them as per the scores in PUMDET 2022
The candidates’ marks in the exam is calculated as per the marking scheme of the exam that is:
- For correct answers, 2 marks are given
- For wrong answers -1/2 marks are deducted.
Thus the raw scores, of the candidates are calculated.
The ranks are assigned as per the scores in PUMDET 2022
- The candidates who scores more is ranked higher
- Rank is specified in the rank card
- There are 2 types of ranks – general merit rank (GMR) and category rank
GMR is the rank of the candidates without considering any category, however, category rank shows the rank of the candidates in their respective category. The category rank is just for reference. Seats are allocated based on GMR.
Second, preparation of merit list for counselling by Presidency University: Based on the ranks of the candidates in PUBDET / PUMDET 2022, merit list is drawn for counselling and seat allocation in UG and PG courses respectively. The merit list has the below given details:
- Registration number
- Subject applied for
- General merit rank category merit rank
Tie-breaking Criteria for Presidency University Admission 2022
Tie-Breaking Criteria for UG courses:
- If there is a tie, the candidates with higher aggregate marks in 10+2 marks will be given a better rank.
- If there is till a tie, then, 10th class marks shall be considered. The candidates with higher marks is given priority.
- If there is still a tie, then, all such candidates will be given same rank and shall be considered for admission with bunching effect.
In case 2 or more candidates get the same score in PUMDET, their tie is resolved as per the point below:
- Candidates with less negative marks will be placed at a better rank in case of a tie.
- If the tie is still left unresolved then, all such candidates are given the same rank and are considered for the counselling process and admission with a bunching effect
Presidency University PUMDET 2022 Rank Card
The rank card of the candidates is issued by WBJEEB under the login of the candidates. The important thing to know about rank card are as follows:
#1. Rank card is issued to all however, rank is not allocated to all the candidates.
#2. The candidates who are allocated ranks, are eligible counselling and have to check merit list for seat allotment that Presidency University uploads.
How to download Presidency University PUMDET 2022 Rank Card?
The candidates can check the steps below to download rank card of PUMDET 2022:
- Step 1. Visit the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) website, wbjeeb.nic.in or click on the link mentioned above.
- Step 2. On the next page, candidates can check the login window. Here enter the application number and password as received at the time of PUMDET registration.
- Step 3. Click on the submit button, the dashboard of the candidate opens, look for rank card link and click on it.
- Step 6. The rank card appears on the screen, download the same.
PUMDET 2022 Duplicate Rank Card
In case a candidate needs a duplicate rank card they can get the same by applying to the board and paying a fee of Rs. 500 by a bank draft in the name of “West Bengal joint Entrance Examination Board’ payable at Kolkata.
The rank card must be produced at the time of counselling and thus must be kept safe. The request of the duplicate rank card is possible up to 60 days from the declaration of result.
also check, Presidency University Admit Card 2022
Presidency University Counselling 2022
After the release of the result, candidates are called for the counselling round as per the rank they have received in their rank cards. The counselling process, in brief, is given below:
- Step 1: Check rank card: Download your rank card and check if you have been allotted rank in the exam. If yes then move to the next step.
- Step 2: Check counselling notice and merit list by Presidency University: Next the candidates have to look out for the counselling notice on presiuniv.ac.in. With the notice they get to know about the below given details:
- Counselling venue, date and time
- Admission fee
- Counselling documents
- Merit list for admission
- Step 3: Report to the counselling venue in person with documents: As per the itinerary in the counselling notice be available for the counselling rounds with the below-given documents:
- Qualifying exam mark sheet
- Category/ Caste certificate(if applicable)
- PwD certificate(if applicable)
- Original Registration Certificate of Presidency University
- University ID card
Presidency University Admission 2022 Reservation
The candidates who take admission under the reserved category have to produce domicile proof at the time of counselling. As admission under reserved category applies to the WB domiciled candidates.
Criteria to be treated as the domicile of West Bengal
The following candidates are treated as the domicile of West Bengal who belongs to following category:
- Resident in West Bengal who’s living for continuously 10 years, OR
- Candidates whose parents is/are the permanent residents of West Bengal having the permanent address within the State of West Bengal.
About PUBDET/ PUMDET
Candidates who wish to take admission in the UG courses at Presidency University have to appear for PUBDET 2022. This entrance exam is conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) across the state. To take admission in the PG courses offered by Presidency University, candidates have to appear for the entrance exam – PUMDET 2022. This is also conducted by WBJEEB in the OMR exam pattern across the state of WB.
WBJEEB conducts the entrance exam PUBDET and PUMDET for admission in Presidency University in UG and PG courses respectively. The board takes care of the application process to the rank card declaration process. The counselling is conducted at the University by Presidency College. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) was introduced in the year 1962. It is a state-level exam conducting body that conducts exams for admission in various courses across the state.
Presidency University Admission 2022 Result FAQs
Q1: How can we check the result of the PUBDET entrance examination?
Ans: Candidates can check the results from the official website with the help of login credentials like Application Number and Password.
Q2: Do we get any intimation related to the declaration of the result?
Ans: No, University will not send any kind of intimation for the declaration of the result.
Q3: What will happen after the release of the PUBDET result?
Ans: After the declaration of the result the merit will be prepared on the basis of rank secured by the candidate and later will be called for the counselling round.
Q4: Why do we need to take a print for the PUMDET result?
Ans: Candidates are advised to take the print of the scorecard which later will be needed for the counselling round.
Q5: I have not saved or forget to take the print of my result. How can I get it as I need it for the counselling round?
Ans: The candidate can get the duplicate copy of the scorecard before the counselling by registering and paying the fees for that. The link will be available for some prescribed period of time.
Insofar, official details of Presidency University Admission 2022 (PUBDET/PUMDET) have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year’s brochure and for reference purposes only. As soon as the official information releases, details will be updated here.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.