RGUCET 2020 (Rajiv Gandhi University Common Entrance Test), is conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University for various UG, PG and Diploma Programmes for Academic Session 2020-21. Candidates can apply for admission, as the Application Form will be released by the Rajiv Gandhi University. The examination will be going to be held for PostGraduate, Under-Graduate programs, Diploma and Professional Degree courses. In order to appear for the examination, the candidate needs to pay the entrance fee with relevant documents until the last date. For more information regarding RGUCET 2020 (Rajiv Gandhi University Common Entrance Test), the candidate needs to follow this page.
RGUCET 2020 (Rajiv Gandhi University Common Entrance Test)
If the candidate desire to take admission to Rajiv Gandhi University for various courses they need to appear for RGUCET 2020. Application Form will available on the official website, also the link to fill the Application Form will be provided below. Those interested in giving the RGUCET 2020 Test need to fill the Application Form before the last date of submission. Candidates can check the Important Schedule from the table provided below.
|Application Form will be available from||02nd week of May 2020|
|Last date to fill the Application Form||02nd week of Jun 2020|
|Scrutiny of Applications||02nd week of Jun 2020|
|Notification of shortlisted applicants for appearing Entrance Examination||02nd week of Jun 2020|
|Date of downloading the admit card||02nd week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Entrance Examination||03rd week of Jun 2020|
|Return of OMR scripts to RGU||03rd week of Jun 2020|
|Evaluation of OMR||04th week of Jun 2020|
|Declaration of Entrance Results||04th week of Jun 2020|
|Admission of Selected candidates||01st week of Aug 2020|
|Admission of Wait-listed candidates||01st week of Aug 2020|
|Commencement of classes||01st week of Aug 2020|
|Admission to clear resultant vacancies:||03rd week of Aug 2020|
Courses Offered through RGUCET
Rajiv Gandhi University Common Entrance Test 2020 is an entrance test for admission into the following Post Graduate, Under-Graduate programmes and Professional Degree courses listed below for the academic session 2020:
- MA in Anthropology
- MA in Defence & Strategic Studies
- MA in English
- MA in Economics
- MA in Education
- MA in Geography
- MA in Hindi
- MA in History
- MA in Political Science
- MA in Mass Communication
- MA in Sociology
- MA in Tribal Studies
- M.B.A (Master of Business Administration)
- M. Com (Master of Commerce)
- M.C.A (Master of Computer Application)
- M.Tech (ECE) (Master of Technology, Electronic and Communication Engineering)
- M. Tech (CSE) (Master of Technology, Computer Science & Engineering)
- M. Sc in Botany
- M. Sc in Chemistry
- M. Sc in Mathematics & Computing
- M. Sc in Physics
- M. Sc in Zoology
- M.S.W (Master of Social Work)
- BSc. Geology
- All Diploma programmes
RGUCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
For Bachelor In Computer Application:
- 10+2 passed with Mathematics/Statistics as a compulsory subject or A recognized three-year Diploma in Engineering/Technology.
For Master In Computer Application:
BCA degree of minimum 3 years duration Or any bachelor degree of minimum 3 years duration from a UGC recognised university with Mathematics/Statistics as a compulsory subject at 10+2 level.
For Master Of Technology (M.Tech.) In Computer Science And Engineering (CSE):
Bachelors degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent in an appropriate area or MSc in Computer Science/Information Technology or MCA from a recognised institution. Candidates with a valid GATE score will be given preference.
Note: GATE Scholarship: M.Tech (CSE) students with valid GATE score shall be eligible for GATE scholarship from MHRD/AICTE.
For Post Graduate Diploma In Mass Communication (PGDMC):
Graduate degree from any UGC recognized university.
Note: Check the information brochure for detailed eligibility criteria of all the courses covered under RGUCET, which will be attached below in this article once it releases.
RGUCET 2020 Application Form
RGUCET 2020 Application Form will be available on the official website, the candidate can fill the form with the help of a direct link which will be provided below. Candidates must ensure their eligibility before filling the Application Form if the candidate will not be considered eligible his/her candidature might get canceled. Application Form must be filled before the last date of submission. Application Form is a very important document, that’s why candidate should fill all the details very carefully.
Application Fee: Candidate can apply online by paying the Entrance test fee of Rs. 400/- (as per previous year details)
How to Apply?
The steps to apply online is as given here, you can follow it in order to apply for the RGUCET 2020 Application Form-
Step-1 Visit the official website : rgu.ac.in
Step-2 When you visit the official website, there you will find the link to apply online. Click there and fill all the required details.
Step-3 At first you need to register yourself by entering the details like course, mobile number, name etc.
Step-4 Once you will register , you will get the login ID and password by which you can fill up the further procedure.
Step-5 Make payment and do the final submission.
RGUCET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for each PG programme will be the pass course syllabus of the corresponding UG programme offered by RGU. For M.Tech (CSE), the syllabus will be identical to the GATE 2018 syllabus for Computer Science & Information Technology (CS). For M. Tech. (ECE), the syllabus will be identical to the GATE 2018 syllabus for Electronics and Communications(EC). For M.A (Anthropology/ Mass Communication/Sociology/B.EdMBA/MCA/MSW), the syllabus will consist of English language, reasoning, data interpretations/numerical ability, general awareness and analytical skills.
RGUCET 2020 Exam Pattern
The question paper will contain 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and will usually contain many sections. The following exam pattern is based on the last year details. You can check it for reference purpose-
- 25 MCQs that examine language ability, reasoning, general awareness, mathematical aptitude/data interpretation and analytical skills expected of a University level candidate.
- 75 MCQs that examine domain knowledge of a given course.
- For interdisciplinary courses, M.A (Anthropology / Mass Communication/ Sociology), MBA, MCA and MSW, all 100 MCQs will examine language ability, reasoning, general awareness, mathematical aptitude/data interpretation and analytical skills.
- The candidate will have to choose one correct answer. One (1) mark will be awarded for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Duration: The written examination will be of two hours duration.
Note: Applicants for M.Tech courses with valid GATE score and above a prescribed cut-off score are exempted from the written test.
RGUCET 2020 Answer Key
Once the examination ends, the answer key will be released by RGUCET on its official website. The answer key helps the students to calculate their score. With the help of this, they can estimate their ranks or score or they can know that will they qualify the exam or not. So for the candidates, it is important to know that what they have done in the exam. Usually, it releases in the pdf format which you can download and save for future references. Candidates are advised to check the official website as well as this page for getting the updates.
RGUCET 2020 Score Sheet
The marks obtained by the candidates who have appeared in the RGUCET 2020 Exam for various courses programmes will be released on the official website. The final selection list for admission to respective course programme shall be notified by the concerned Departments / Institutes/ Centres after following all the admission formalities in force viz. reservation policies, weightages and other terms and conditions mentioned in the admission bulletin of Rajiv Gandhi University.
Group Discussion/Viva Voce
For MBA, M.A in Mass Communication and MSW courses only, the candidates who qualify in the written test will be called for group discussion and/ or viva voce. The group discussion and/or viva-voce component will be of 25 marks. The cumulative marks obtained from written test, group discussion and/or viva voce will be used to finalize the selected candidates.
Important Instructions for Applicants
- Applicants for the academic session 2020-21 can download the information brochure from the official website once it releases.
- Applicants must keep checking the university admission portal for any updates.
- Before applying, applicants must acquaint themselves with the online admission process.
- Applicant while applying for admission will be allowed to upload only scanned copy of passport size photographs and signature. The rest of the documents should be uploaded after being selected for admission.
- Those candidates who are shortlisted for admissions to various courses should bring their original documents for scrutiny by the selection committee of the respective departments. On being selected for admission, they must keep the scanned copies of the following documents handy for uploading on the Online Admission Portal.
- Class 10th Certificate (Self Attested) as Date of Birth Proof.
- Class 12th Certificate
- Graduation Certificate and Mark sheet (Self Attested).
- Category Certificate (Self Attested).
- NOC/Appointment order if already in service.
- Any image uploaded without adequate clarity will be rejected.
- Allotment of Examination Centre for appearing in RGUCET 2020 shall be subject to availability of seats. Mere selection of Examination Centre while applying for admission shall not guarantee allotment as per the choice of the center.
- University reserves the right to amend, update or delete any part of this bulletin without giving any prior notice
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I apply in multiple programmes/courses in an online form?
A1. Yes, you can apply all programmes/courses of your interest through a single online registration form. It is important to note that you can apply in all entrance based courses through the same online application provided, you fulfill the minimum criteria required for a particular course and fee for each course is paid.
Q2. How I can register myself for admission to Postgraduate courses in Rajiv Gandhi University?
A2. You can register online for all postgraduate and other courses through the official website.
Q3. How to pay registration fee on RGU PG Portal?
A3. The payment is accepted online only through credit card/debit card/Net Banking/UPI.
Official Website: rgu.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.