TS PGLCET 2022 Syllabus: Telangana State Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test 2022 syllabus is released by the convener, TS PGLCET, Hyderabad at lawcet.tsche.ac.in. The questions in the exam will come from the syllabus specified. Eligible candidates who have qualified their LLB/ BL degrees of 3 or 5 years must prepare for the exam as per the syllabus. It helps in preparing well for the exam by giving an idea of the type of questions that might be asked. The candidates who qualify the TS PGLCET 2022 conducted by the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) can get admission to the 2 year LLM course. For more information about TS PGLCET 2022 syllabus, preparation tips for the entrance exam and books, refer to this page.
TS PGLCET 2022 Syllabus
TS PGLCET 2022 question paper consists of questions from the following subjects – Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, Public International Law, Mercantile Law, Labour Law, Crime Law and Torts, and IPR with other laws. The candidates must prepare exam topics as per the pattern of the questions in the examination.
Check Here: The official TS PGLCET 2022 syllabus can be checked on the official website, lawcet.tsche.ac.in.
TS PGLCET 2022 Syllabus – Jurisprudence
- Rights and Duties – Ownership and Possession
- Schools of Jurisprudence – Sources of Law
- Custom Precedent and Legislation,
- Legal Sanctions
TS PGLCET 2022 Syllabus – Constitutional Law
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Executive Judiciary and Legislature
- Nature of the constitution: Fundamental Rights
- Centre-State Relations
- Emergency provisions
- Amendments to the constitution
TS PGLCET 2022 Syllabus – Public International Law
- Subjects of International Law
- International Law
- Municipal Law
- Nationality and Statelessness
- State Territory
- Air, Sea and outer space
- State Jurisdiction
- United Nations.
Read: TS PGLCET 2022 Mock Test
TS PGLCET 2022 Syllabus – Other Subjects
Mercantile Law: General Principles of Contract (Sections 1-75, Indian Contract Act-1872).
- Trade Union Act 1926
- Industrial Disputes Act 1947
- General principles of Tort
- State liability for torts
- Consumer Protection Act,1986
- Joint liability
Crimes: General Principles & Exceptions for the Indian Penal Code.
IPR & Other laws: This includes topics like-
- Right to Information Act 2005
- Information Technology Act 2000
- Protection of Human Rights Act 1993
- Environment Protection Act 1986
- Patents Act 1970
- Copyright Act 1957.
TS PGLCET 2022 Exam Pattern
The candidates should go through the exam pattern before appearing for the test. This helps them get familiar with the type of questions in the exam and prepare themselves accordingly. Candidates can check the exam pattern for TS PGLCET 2022 from below:
- Language: English only.
- Mode: Online mode.
- Duration: 90 minutes.
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions.
- Sections: The question paper is divided in 2 parts.
- No. of questions: There are total 120 questions, with 40 and 80 questions respectively in part A and part B.
- Marks/ wrong answer: There will be no mark deduction in case of wrong answers.
The candidates can check the distribution of marks for each section in the table given below.
|Sections||No. of questions||Marks per correct answer|
|Constitutional Law||20||+1 mark|
|Public International Law||16||+1 mark|
|Mercantile Law||16||+1 mark|
|Labour Law||16||+1 mark|
|Crimes & Torts||16||+1 mark|
|IPR & Other Laws||16||+1 mark|
TS PGLCET 2022 Preparation
The candidates who are preparing for TS PGLCET 2022 should prepare a strategy before they get down to study the syllabus. We are providing handy preparation tips for you. You can follow the tips mentioned below to devise a study plan according to the TS PGLCET 2022 syllabus and pattern.
- Time table: Prepare a timetable and divide your time for all topics. Devote more time to the subjects you are weak in. The serious aspirants should follow the time table closely. Avoid taking frequent breaks and do not go around finding excuses to go out.
- Familiarity with exam pattern: Read about the pattern of the exam carefully. Check the difficulty level of the questions and prepare in accordance with the type and difficulty level of the questions.
- Mock test: After you finish your entire syllabus, go for mock tests. The mock tests are designed in accordance with the actual pattern of the exam. Make tests make you realize where you stand among other aspirants and how much more effort you should put into your preparation.
- Current affairs: The candidates must stay updated on the latest laws and amendments being introduced. Follow different sources of information such as newspapers, news websites etc. for the same.
- Previous year question papers: The candidates must solve previous 5 year question papers. These are the most effective way to improve your preparation and revise your strategy.
TS PGLCET 2022 Books
The candidates can refer to the books mentioned below while they prepare for the TS PGLCET 2022.
|Name of the Book||Get Here|
|Indian Polity, M. Laxmikanth||buy here|
|Studies in Jurisprudence and Legal Theory, Dr. N.V. Paranjape||buy here|
|Jurisprudence and Legal Theory, Dr. V.D. Mahajan||buy here|
|Law of Torts, Dr. R.K. Bangia||buy here|
|Textbook on Indian Penal Code, K D Gaur||buy here|
About TS PGLCET 2022
Telangana State PG Law Common Entrance Test 2022 (TS PGLCET 2022) will be conducted as per the schedule in online mode. You can apply for the exam online on the exam website. It is a law entrance exam that grants admission to various 2-year LL.M. courses in the colleges and universities of the Telangana state. The exam is conducted by the convener, TS PGLCET, Hyderabad on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE).
To know more about the TS PGLCET 2022, check out the following:
TS PGLCET 2022 Syllabus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What is the mode of examination of the TS PGLCET 2022?
Ans. The TS PGLCET 2022 is going to be held as an online Computer Based Test (CBT).
Q. What type of questions are going to be asked in the TS PGLCET 2022?
Ans. The TS PGLCET 2022 question paper is going to have objective type multiple choice questions.
Q. What are the important topics for the TS PGLCET 2022?
Ans. The important topics in the TS PGLCET 2022 syllabus include Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, Public International Law, Mercantile Law, Labour Law, Crimes (Indian Penal Code) and Torts, and IPR.
Official Website: lawcet.tsche.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.