Tezpur University, Assam, conducts Tezpur University Entrance Exam (TUEE) 2020. TUEE 2020 is conducted for providing admission to the different courses available at this Central University. TUEE is conducted in the offline mode, every year in the month of June. The University will release the TUEE result in the form of a merit list, which will be made available over at tezuadmissions.com site. Read the full article below to know more details about Tezpur University and TUEE 2020.
Tezpur University has divided the admission process into 4 categories, A, B, C, and D. Under category A are those courses for which an entrance exam is held. Category B holds those courses for which the admission is done on the basis of JEE Main AIR. Specific category candidates will get direct admission under Category C, which is for special courses. Lastly, Category D is for admission in Ph.D. courses. Candidates can refer to the table so that they do not miss any important events in the TUEE 2020 timeline.
|Commencement TUEE 2020 application from||last week of Feb 200|
|End date to submit the online form||1st week of May 2020|
|Issue Date of Admit Card||3rd week of May 2020|
|TUEE 2020 exams||1st week of Jun 2020|
|PI for admission to the Ph.D. Programmes||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|List of candidates for PI of Ph.D. Programmes||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Declaration of Result||last week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Admission and Course Registration||last week of Jul 2020|
|Commencement of classes||last week of Jul 2020|
TUEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Tezpur University, Assam has designed different eligibility criteria for different courses. And every candidate applying for TUEE 2020 admission ought to fulfill the eligibility criteria. We have listed out a few general criteria for the reference of the candidates.
- Candidates must have scored at least 50% marks in Class 10.
- Students must have scored at least 50% marks in their intermediate examination
- Candidates should have completed their graduation with at least 50% marks.
- Candidates, opting for a PhD course must have cleared their post-graduation with at least 55% marks.
To know course specific TUEE eligibility criteria, a candidate can have a look at the iframe link provided below.
The given eligibility terms are based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only.
TUEE 2020 Application Form
Tezpur University only accepts online TUEE applications from eligible candidates. Application form will be released at the official website i.e www.tezu.ernet.in. Candidates will have to pay the application fees to complete their submission of application form.
Expected TUEE 2020 Application Form Fee –
General – Rs. 800/-
SC, ST, and PWD- Rs. 400/-
Mode of Payment – Online (Credit Card/Debit Card)
Candidates applying for more than one course need to apply separately and pay the specified amount of application fee separately. However, a candidate must note that there will only be one entrance exam conducted per department. So, if a candidate wishes to apply for more than one course the same department, then they will have the option of providing their second preference over the same TUEE 2020 application forms. Candidates who have already finished their qualifying examinations or expect to finish all the components, including practical, viva-voce (if any), and backlog courses/ papers of earlier semesters before the date of admission may also apply.
TUEE 2020 Admit Card
TUEE 2020 Admit Card will be made available on the Official Website of Tezpur University, ie. tezu.ernet.in. The Tezpur University will release admit card on its scheduled date after the registration and application process will finish and applications received will be checked for eligibility. Candidates who will have submitted their TUEE application form & fees before the last scheduled date for submission of online application will be eligible to download their admit cards. The University will not be sending a hard copy of the admit card to the candidates by post. TUEE admit card enlists all the vital information regarding the test and the applicants. Intimations of the release of TUEE 2020 admit card will be sent by the University to the applicants, on their registered email addresses and mobile numbers.
TUEE 2020 Answer Key
The Answer Key of Tezpur University Entrance Exam will be released overtezu.ernet.in. The publishing of keys for the entrance exam will be done after the TUEE is conducted and before the TUEE Result Declaration. Candidates can log in with their email and password to check their TUEE answers. TUEE 2020 Answer Key will be released in online mode. Also, candidates appearing for TUEE, next time will be able to practice with the help of this TUEE 2020 answer key.
TUEE 2020 Result
TUEE 2020 Result will be declared over the official website of the Tezpur University. All those candidates who appear for TUEE can check the scores by logging in to their application portal. For some courses, a candidate have further be called for a round of interview or counselling. Only after a candidate has cleared this final round, he or she shall be provided with the admission. In the case of two or more candidates ending up getting the same marks, the ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be considered. And candidate securing the higher ratio will be prioritized. If the tie still persists, the following criteria will be considered, in the following sequence:
- Section IV marks
- Section III marks and so on
- Graduation / Class 12 Marks
- If the tie still remains, both the candidates will be given equal priority.
TUEE 2020 Exam Pattern
After having retrieved the TUEE 2020 admit card, a candidate can familiarise oneself with TUEE 2020 exam pattern. Candidates can check the TUEE 2020 exam pattern from below and can start preparing accordingly!
- Mode of Exam – Offline (Pen and Paper Based Test)
- Question Type – Objective
- Total Marks – 100 marks
- Duration – 90 minutes
- Marking Scheme – Correct Answer – 1 mark/ Incorrect Answer – 0.25 marks
- Number of Questions (PhD, Departments under the School of Humanities and Social Sciences) – 100 questions (60 subjective+ 40 objective questions)
- Number of Sections (MCQ) – 4 sections – I, II, III and IV
Candidates can get TUEE sample papers from here.
TUEE 2020 Selection Process
As per last year…
Candidates can check the Tezpur University 2020 admission process for the course, they wish to apply for, from below.
Category A – Candidates applying for these courses will be provided admission on the basis of TUEE 2020. The TUEE 2020 applications will be invited in only online mode.
- Integrated B.A. B.Ed. (Major in English), Integrated B.Sc. B.Ed. (Major in Chemistry/ Physics/ Mathematics),
- Integrated M. A. in English, Integrated M. Sc. in Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Bioscience and Bioinformatics,
- Integrated M. Com.
- Master in Law(LLM)
- M. A. in English, Linguistics & Language Technology, Linguistics and Endangered Languages, Cultural Studies, Sociology, Mass Communication and Journalism, Communication for Development, Hindi, Social Work, and Education
- M.Sc. in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology,
- M.Tech. in Civil Engineering, Information Technology, Food Engineering & Technology, Electronics Design & Technology, Bioelectronics, Energy Technology, Polymer Science & Technology, and Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM),
- PG Diploma in Translation (Hindi), Women Studies, Child Rights and Governance
- Certificate in Chinese.
Category B – All India Ranks of JEE Main 2020 will be considered for B.Tech admission to Tezpur University. The University provides B.Tech degree across the following specializations. It is said that 60% of the total seats will be reserved for North East candidates. And to avail this reservation, such candidate must apply under the NE quota and should have a valid residence proof, certifying the same. In case of any vacant seats remaining, the seats shall be allotted to other eligible candidates under the Central Counseling round, conducted by CSAB.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Food Engineering & Technology
Category C – Few candidates shall be provided direct admission to the Tezpur University if falling under any of the following criteria.
- Top 10 Class 12 or equivalent toppers of NE states with an average of 80% or more marks will be provided direct admission to the Integrated M.Sc. (Physics/ Mathematics/Chemistry/ Bioscience and Bioinformatics), Integrated MA in English, Integrated B.Sc.B.Ed./B.A. B.Ed and Integrated M.Com programme.
- Top 5 Class 12 or equivalent toppers of NE states with an average of 85% or more marks will be provided direct admission to any of the B.Tech programme. The counseling round for such candidates will be conducted as per CRL Rank and not on the basis of 12th marks. Candidates who have passed Class 12 from CBSE will not be eligible for direct admission to this University.
- Candidates with valid GATE scores will also be directly admitted any of the M.Tech programmes, that University offers.
Category D – In order to pursue any of the following related department courses, a candidate will be required to appear and qualify for the written exam, along with the personal interview round.
- Chemical Sciences
- Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- Physics Mathematical Sciences
- Environmental Science
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- English and Foreign Languages
- Food Engineering & Technology
- Business Administration
- Mass Communication and Journalism
- Cultural Studies
About Tezpur University
Tezpur University is a Central University of India, situated in the State of Assam. One of the famous literary personas of Assam, Bishnu Prasad Rabha, also known as Kala Guru, contributed his ancestral property of 2,500 bighas (approximately 1000 acres) to build the Tezpur University Campus in Napaam (a small village in Sonitpur district, Assam). Currently, this University offers various Under-Graduate Degree / Diploma / Certificate, Integrated Programmes, Post-Graduate Degree / Diploma and Doctorate of Philosophy degrees across all popular disciplines of science, technology, management, humanities, and social sciences related fields. Mostly, it conducts an offline admission test, known as TUEE (Tezpur University Entrance Examination).
Other than considering the entrance exam scores, for some courses it also considers national level entrance scores, like GATE, JEE Main, etc. All the applications are invited in online mode only, be it for whichever course. Other than some regular courses, it offers open and distance learning in MA Mass Comm., MA English, MA Sociology, PGD Child Rights And Governance, PGD Human Resource Management, PGD Environmental & Disaster Management, and PGD Renewable Energy & Energy Management.
Official Website: www.tezu.ernet.in.
For more information about TUEE 2020, refer to 2019’s prospectus.
Insofar, official details of TUEE 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as information brochure releases, details will be updated here.