|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
Tezpur University conducts TUEE 2017, for admission to the following courses for the academic year 2017-18. Candidate can fill their application online as per schedule mention for given courses. Candidates applying for more than one programme must apply separately for each programme. Candidates can check the complete details of TUEE 2017 for various courses application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Latest –TUEE 2017 Merit & Waiting List for M.tech has been published also TUEE 2017 Result has been announced on 22 June, 2017. Check it through the “Result” link provided below.
Tezpur University Entrance Exam (TUEE) 2017
Tezpur University offers a number of programmes on Under-Graduate Degree/Diploma/Certificate, Post-Graduate Degree/Diploma and Doctor of Philosophy Degree in various Disciplines. Admission to most of these programmes is held through entrance examinations conducted by the University in various centres across the country. This year (2017-2018 session), the University will conduct the entire admission process (application submission, entrance examinations, counselling/admission) through online-mode only.
TUEE Quick Links
Schedule for the Tezpur University Entrance Exam (TUEE) 2017 is given below.
|Opening of the online application submission||15 Mar 2017|
|Closing of the online application submission for All Programmes (Except B.Tech programme)||30 Apr 2017|
|Closing of the online application submission for B.Tech Programme||08 May 2017|
|Declaration of the University entrance examinations schedule||05 May 2017|
|Issuance of admit card for entrance examinations||12 May 2017|
|University entrance examinations||26 – 28 May 2017|
|Declaration of merit lists of shortlisted/selected candidates||22 Jun 2017|
|Counselling/Admission of new students||30 Jun 2017|
|Commencement of classes of the Autumn Semester||27 Jul 2017|
Courses Offered & Eligibility Criteria
TUEE 2017 Admit Card
Admit card is an essential document which contains Candidates Name, Roll number, Exam venue etc. and that is why candidates must carry their admit card to the examination centre to appear for the examination.
TUEE 2017 Exam Schedule
Reservation and relaxation: As per the Govt. of India rules.
TUEE 2017 Exam Centres
Candidates seeking admission through the University entrance examinations need to specify in their application forms the preferences of 03 (three) examination centres for appearing the entrance examinations. A candidate will be accommodated in the next preferred centre if the previous centre(s) is(are) exhausted due to large number of candidates or cancelled due to insufficient number of candidates.
For B. Tech. Programmes
- Candidates seeking admission to the B.Tech. Programmes are required to appear in the JEE(Main)-2017 to be conducted by CBSE, New Delhi. All Admission shall be based on JEE(Main)-2017 all India Ranking.
- The Candidates who appear in the JEE(Main)-2017 have two channels for admission to the B. Tech. Programmes.
- 40% of the total seats shall be made through the central counselling i.e. Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) based on JEE(Main)-2017. The Candidates need to participate in “Central Counselling” conducted by CSAB/JoSA (Online Choice filling process), to get admission in Tezpur University (TU) against these 40% seats.
- 60% of the total seats shall be made through the Tezpur University counselling. These seats are reserved for the permanent residents of North East (NE) States. The Candidates need to fill-up Tezpur University application form in addition to JEE(Main)-2017 application. The applicants desiring a seat under the NE quota must upload a PRC (Permanent Residence Certificate issued by the competent authority of any of the North Eastern states) along with the Tezpur University application form.
For All Other Programmes
- M.Tech. Programmes: Candidates applying for M.Tech. Programmes may seek admission either based on valid GATE score on GATE category or based on the performance in the University entrance examinations.
- IM.Sc. Programme in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology: Candidates in this M.Sc. Programme may seek admission either based on the performance in the University entrance examination or through the All India Combined Entrance Test conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, under the sponsorship of the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India (eligibility as decided by DBT, Govt. of India).
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): Candidates in the MBA Programme may seek admission on the basis of CAT/ MAT (December Session) score.
- All other Programmes: Applicants of other programmes, admission to which is made based on the performance in the University entrance examinations, shall have to appear in the University entrance examinations to be conducted this year.
- Ph.D Programmes: General criteria as per UGC Guidelines for admission into Ph.D. Programmes:
- Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
- Relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/ DifferentlyAbled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Ph.D. candidates shortlisted based on the performance in the University entrance examinations shall be called for personal interview in the respective Departments.
- Full-time Ph.D. candidate will be given preference.
Provisional AdmissionTHE ADMIT CARD WILL BE TENTATIVELY PUBLISHED ON THE SITE FROM 12 MAY 2017.
Admission of a candidate to a Programme is subject to the following conditions:
- Fulfilment of the eligibility criteria
- Selection for admission to the Programme.
- Production of all the relevant documents in original
- Submission of a set of self-attested copy of all the relevant documents.
- Submission of the character certificate from the Head of the institution and Migration certificate (in original) from the Board/University last attended.
- Submission of a self-attested printout of the filled-in application form.
- Payment of admission fee in full.
- If the result of the qualifying examination of a student is awaited at the time of admission, he/she must produce/submit the evidence of clearing the examination with minimum requisite within 15 November, 2017 (other than Ph.D. Programme). Such a candidate must submit a proof of taking all the examinations of the qualifying Degree/Diploma/Certificate at the time of admission duly certified by the Head of the Institute last attended.
- If a candidate fails to produce/submit any document (such as the completion certificate and mark sheet/transcripts of the qualifying examinations, Migration certificate from the
- Board/University last attended, etc.) at the time of admission, the same must be produced within 15 November, 2017.
Admission to Ph.D. Programmes:
- The candidates who have appeared in the qualifying examination but their results are yet to be declared may be selected provisionally for admission to Ph.D. programme. Such candidates must produce mark sheets of the qualifying examination fulfilling the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
- Such candidates, who will not be able to produce the mark sheet with satisfying eligibility criteria, shall not be allotted the relative weighted for the component of qualifying examination.
- If a provisionally selected candidate fails to produce the mark sheet of the qualifying examination at the time of admission, the seat will be offered to the next eligible candidate from the merit list.
- The candidate disqualified for admission in the Autumn Semester 2017 due to Clause No. 1.11(c) may be considered for admission in the Spring Semester 2018 subject to submission of documents satisfying eligibility criteria.
All admissions are provisional in nature. The admission of a student in a Programme may be cancelled under the following circumstances:
- Production/submission of any false/tempered information/document.
- Failing to produce/submit any required pending document within 15 November, 2017.