TUEE 2020 – Entrance Exams for Integrated and Ph.D programmes have been cancelled. The last date to fill the Application Form has been further extended. Due to the lockdown across the country, the examination has also been postponed until further orders. Also, a notice has been released for the withdrawal in the admission process of M.Sc in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology program in the university. Tezpur University conducts Tezpur University Entrance Exam (TUEE) 2020 for taking admission to different courses at UG and PG levels. Candidates interested to enroll themselves can fill the online application form from the tezuadmissions.com. To have more information regarding the exam, read the article below about Tezpur University and TUEE 2020.
– Tezpur University has cancelled the entrance exams for Integrated MA (English), Integrated M.Com, Integrated M.Sc, Integrated B.Sc B.Ed and Ph.D programmes (all departments) to avoid mass gathering of candidates. Check more details by scrolling down.
– The notice has been released for withdrawal in the admission process of M.Sc in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology Program from Tezpur University. You can check the complete information from below.
The university have divided its admission process into 4 categories, A, B, C, and D. Under category A are those courses for which an entrance exam is held. Category B holds those courses for which the admission is done on the basis of JEE Main AIR. Specific category candidates will get direct admission under Category C, which is for special courses. Lastly, Category D is for admission in Ph.D. courses. Candidates can track the exam by following the table given below for TUEE 2020 :
|Commencement TUEE 2020 application from||25 Feb 2020|
|End date to submit the online form |
(Except for M.Sc in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology program)
15 Jun 2020
|End date to submit the online form (for B.Tech)||15 Jul 2020|
|Issue Date of Admit Card|
|TUEE 2020 exams|
|PI for admission to the Ph.D. Programmes|
|List of candidates for PI of Ph.D. Programmes|
|Declaration of Result|
|Date of Admission and Course Registration|
|Commencement of classes|
TUEE 2020 Exam New Announcements
No Entrance Exam for Integrated programmes and Ph.D programme of all departments
The University has decided to not hold the entrance examination for the following integrated programmes: Integrated MA (English), Integrated M.Com, Integrated M.Sc and Integrated B.Sc B.Ed. Admission to these courses will be granted based on marks of the qualifying exam (10+2). For Ph.D programmes also, no entrance exam is going to be conducted. Admissions will be made on the basis of test and Personal Interview/ Viva-Voce conducted by the concerned departments in online mode. The official notification is provided below.
Click here to download the above given notice.
Withdrawl in Admission Process of M.Sc in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology program: A notice has been released for admission to M.Sc Course in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology program through Tezpur University Entrance Examination (TUEE) has been withdrawn for session 2020. You can check the details from below-
Click here to download the notice for Withdrawal in Admission Process
Earlier Announcements: This is for information of all concerned that the last date for submission of online applications for various programs of study has been extended from May 20, 2020, to the dates as given below in view of the extension of lockdown for containment of Covid-19.
Click here to download the Notice for the Extension of Last date to submit the online application form
TUEE 2020 Application Form
Tezpur University only accepts online TUEE 2020 applications from eligible candidates. The application form will be released at the official website i.e tezu.ernet.in. Candidates will have to pay the application fees to complete their submission of application form.
Expected TUEE 2020 Application Form Fee –
General – Rs. 800/-
SC, ST, and PWD- Rs. 400/-
Mode of Payment – Online (Credit Card/Debit Card)
Candidates applying for more than one course need to apply separately and pay the specified amount of application fee that is to be separately done. However, a candidate must note that there will only be one entrance exam conducted per department. So, if a candidate wishes to apply for more than one course the same department, then they will have the option of providing their second preference over the same TUEE 2020 application forms. Candidates who have already finished their qualifying examinations or expect to finish all the components, including practical, viva-voce (if any), and backlog courses/ papers of earlier semesters before the date of admission may also apply.
TUEE 2020 Exam Pattern
After having retrieved the TUEE 2020 admit card, a candidate can familiarise oneself with TUEE 2020 exam pattern. Candidates can check the TUEE 2020 exam pattern from below and can start preparing accordingly!
- Mode of Exam – the exam is going to be in Offline (Pen and Paper Based Test)
- Question Type – the questions asked will be in Objective type
- Total Marks – The exam is going to be for 100 marks
- Duration – it will be 90 minutes paper.
- Marking Scheme – Correct Answer – 1 mark/ Incorrect Answer -the marks will be cut as – 0.25 marks
- Number of Questions (PhD, Departments under the School of Humanities and Social Sciences) – 100 questions (60 subjective+ 40 objective questions)
- Number of Sections (MCQ) – 4 sections – I, II, III and IV
Candidates can get TUEE sample papers from here.
TUEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Tezpur University, Assam has designed different eligibility criteria for different courses. And every who is looking foreword to apply for TUEE 2020 entrance exam should fulfill the eligibility criteria. We have listed out a few criteria for the reference of the candidates can refer below:
- Candidates must have at least scored 50% marks in Class 10.
- Students must have scored at least 50% marks in their intermediate examination
- Candidates should have completed their graduation with 50% marks.
- Candidates, opting for a PhD course must have cleared their post-graduation with 55% marks.
To know course specific TUEE eligibility criteria click here
TUEE 2020 Exam Centre
The exam centres of TUEE 2020 is going to bde held in twenty-six cities of India. The candidates can easily reach to take the entrance examination. The details regarding the exam centers will be provided on candidates’ admit card. Candidates have an option of to choose 3 exam centers in their application form as per the convenience of the students. The exam conducts in 27 cities of India and also in Kathmandu, Thimpu and Dhaka.
TUEE 2020 Admit Card
TUEE 2020 Admit Card will be made available on the Official Website of Tezpur University, ie. tezu.ernet.in. The Tezpur University will release admit card on its scheduled date after the registration and application process will finish and applications received will be checked for eligibility. Candidates who will have submitted their TUEE application form & fees before the last scheduled date for submission of online application will be eligible to download their admit cards. The University will not be sending a hard copy of the admit card to the candidates by post. TUEE admit card enlists all the vital information regarding the test and the applicants. Intimations of the release of TUEE 2020 admit card will be sent by the University to the applicants, on their registered email addresses and mobile numbers.
TUEE 2020 Answer Key
The Answer Key of Tezpur University Entrance Exam will be released overtezu.ernet.in. The publishing of keys for the entrance exam will be done after the TUEE is conducted and before the TUEE Result Declaration. Candidates can log in with their email and password to check their TUEE answers. TUEE 2020 Answer Key will be released in online mode. Also, candidates appearing for TUEE, next time will be able to practice with the help of this TUEE 2020 answer key.
TUEE 2020 Result
TUEE 2020 Result will be declared over the official website of the Tezpur University. All those candidates who appear for TUEE can check their scores by logging in to their application portal. For some courses, a candidate have further be called for a round of interview or counselling. Only after a candidate has cleared this final round, he or she shall be provided with the admission. In the case of two or more candidates ending up getting the same marks, the ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be considered. And candidate securing the higher ratio will be prioritized. If the tie still persists, the following criteria will be considered, in the following sequence:
- Section IV marks
- Section III marks and so on
- Graduation / Class 12 Marks
- If the tie still remains, both the candidates will be given equal priority.
TUEE 2020 Selection Process
Candidates can check the Tezpur University 2020 admission process for the course, they wish to apply for, from below.
Category A – Candidates applying for these courses will be provided admission on the basis of TUEE 2020. The TUEE 2020 applications will be invited in only online mode.
- Integrated B.A. B.Ed. (Major in English), Integrated B.Sc. B.Ed. (Major in Chemistry/ Physics/ Mathematics),
- Integrated M. A. in English, Integrated M. Sc. in Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Bioscience and Bioinformatics,
- Integrated M. Com.
- Master in Law(LLM)
- M. A. in English, Linguistics & Language Technology, Linguistics and Endangered Languages, Cultural Studies, Sociology, Mass Communication and Journalism, Communication for Development, Hindi, Social Work, and Education
- M.Sc. in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology,
- M.Tech. in Civil Engineering, Information Technology, Food Engineering & Technology, Electronics Design & Technology, Bioelectronics, Energy Technology, Polymer Science & Technology, and Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM),
- PG Diploma in Translation (Hindi), Women Studies, Child Rights and Governance
- Certificate in Chinese.
Category B – All India Ranks of JEE Main 2020 will be considered for B.Tech admission to Tezpur University. The University provides B.Tech degree across the following specializations. It is said that 60% of the total seats will be reserved for North East candidates. And to avail this reservation, such candidate must apply under the NE quota and should have a valid residence proof, certifying the same. In case of any vacant seats remaining, the seats shall be allotted to other eligible candidates under the Central Counseling round, conducted by CSAB.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Food Engineering & Technology
Category C – Few candidates shall be provided direct admission to the Tezpur University if falling under any of the following criteria.
- Top 10 Class 12 or equivalent toppers of NE states with an average of 80% or more marks will be provided direct admission to the Integrated M.Sc. (Physics/ Mathematics/Chemistry/ Bioscience and Bioinformatics), Integrated MA in English, Integrated B.Sc.B.Ed./B.A. B.Ed and Integrated M.Com programme.
- Top 5 Class 12 or equivalent toppers of NE states with an average of 85% or more marks will be provided direct admission to any of the B.Tech programme. The counseling round for such candidates will be conducted as per CRL Rank and not on the basis of 12th marks. Candidates who have passed Class 12 from CBSE will not be eligible for direct admission to this University.
- Candidates with valid GATE scores will also be directly admitted any of the M.Tech programmes, that University offers.
Category D – In order to pursue any of the following related department courses, a candidate will be required to appear and qualify for the written exam, along with the personal interview round.
- Chemical Sciences
- Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- Physics Mathematical Sciences
- Environmental Science
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- English and Foreign Languages
- Food Engineering & Technology
- Business Administration
- Mass Communication and Journalism
- Cultural Studies
About Tezpur University
Tezpur University is a Central University of India, situated in Assam. One of the famous literary personas of Assam, Bishnu Prasad Rabha, also known as Kala Guru, contributed his ancestral property of 2,500 bighas (approximately 1000 acres) to build the Tezpur University Campus in Napaam (a small village in Sonitpur district, Assam). Currently, this University offers various Under-Graduate Degree / Diploma / Certificate, Integrated Programmes, Post-Graduate Degree / Diploma and Doctorate of Philosophy degrees across all popular disciplines of science, technology, management, humanities, and social sciences related fields. Mostly, it conducts an offline admission test, known as TUEE (Tezpur University Entrance Examination).
Other than considering the entrance exam scores, for some courses it also considers national level entrance scores, like GATE, JEE Main, etc. All the applications are invited in online mode only, be it for whichever course. Other than some regular courses, it offers open and distance learning in MA Mass Comm., MA English, MA Sociology, PGD Child Rights And Governance, PGD Human Resource Management, PGD Environmental & Disaster Management, and PGD Renewable Energy & Energy Management.
Question 1- How marks does the paper consist and how many sections?
Answer 1- The paper is for 100 marks and it have 4 sections.
Question 2- How can we fill the application form?
Answer 2- The candidates have to first visit the official website and then can they fill the application form in online mode only.
Official Website: tezu.ernet.in.
For more information about TUEE 2020, download TUEE 2020 Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.