Women’s Christian College (WCC) is an autonomous institution affiliated to the University of Madras. WCC offers a wide range of metacognitive and need-based programs at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research levels to women from national and regional communities and varied socioeconomic backgrounds. Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of the selection list released by the university. Candidates who are interested can apply for the same as the application form for WCC Chennai Admission 2020 as per schedule. With the help of this page, candidates can get complete details on WCC Chennai Admission 2020 from below.
Latest: WCC Chennai Admission 2020 Application portal is available online. Scroll down to Apply.
WCC Chennai Admission 2020
Candidates who are going to fill the online application form for WCC Chennai Admission 2020 must ensure his / her eligibility before filling the application form. Candidates will be admitted into Government Aided & Self Financed Courses. For the sake of the candidates, below are the some important schedule for WCC Chennai Admission 2020.
|Online registration starts from||Released|
|Last date for online registration||To be announced|
|Last date for late online registration||To be announced|
Government Aided – Shift I
Below we mentioned the courses offered in the Government Aided Programs.
- Undergraduate Programs : B.A. History, B.A. English, B.Sc. Mathematics, B.Sc. Physics, B.Sc. Chemistry, B.Sc. Plant Biology & Plant Biotechnology, B.Sc. Advanced Zoology & Biotechnology, B.Sc. Home Science – Nutrition, Food Service Management & Dietetics (General & Vocational Streams), B.Sc. Computer Science, B.Sc. Psychology
- Postgraduate Programs: M.Sc. Applied Psychology (with specialization in Organizational Behaviour / Counselling & Psychotherapy), M.Sc. Home Science – Foods & Nutrition, M.Sc. Home Science – Food Service Management & Dietetics,
- Research Programs: M.Phil. Psychology, M.Phil. Home Science – Foods & Nutrition, M.Phil. Home Science – Food Service Management & Dietetics, Ph.D. Psychology, Ph.D. Home Science
Self Financed – Shift II
Below we mentioned the courses offered in the Self Financed Programs.
- Undergraduate Programs: B.Com., B.Com. (General), B.Com. (Accounting & Finance), B.Com. (Computer Applications), B.Com. (Honours), B.B.A., B.C.A., B.A. Corporate Economics, B.Sc. Visual Communication, B.Sc. Information Technology
- Postgraduate Programs: M.Sc. Mathematics, M.Sc. Physics, M.Sc. Chemistry, M.Sc. Biotechnology, M.Sc. Information Technology, M.Sc. Computer Science & Technology (5 Year Integrated Program), M.A. Communication, M.A. Human Resource Management, M.A. English, M.Com. (General), M.A. International Studies * *Subject to affiliation
- Research Programs: M.Phil. Biotechnology, M.Phil. Chemistry, M.Phil. Computer Science, Ph.D. Biotechnology
WCC Chennai Admission 2020 Application Form
Women’s Christian College (WCC), Chennai has been released an online application form for the candidates who want admission into various UG and PG courses in the city of Chennai. Candidates who want to fill the application form can visit the official website to fill the online application form. They can also register themselves by click on the direct link which is given below. Before going to fill the online application form, candidates must ensure their eligibility. Submission of application form is incomplete without paying the requisite application fee. Application form for WCC Chennai Admission 2020 must be filled and submitted on or before its last date. Applications can be saved without entering the marks of the qualifying examination. Candidates can login using their application number and date of birth to update the same.
Apply Online: Click here to fill the Application Form.
Application and Registration Fee for Aided & Self-financed Programs.
|Undergraduate Programs||Rs. 200|
|Postgraduate Programs||Rs. 250|
|M.Phil. Programs||Rs. 300|
Payment for Registration of applications to be made ONLY by Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.
Application fees paid will NOT be refunded.
Documents to be Uploaded
- Scanned image of photograph taken recently (file size -below 50 KB and jpg / jpeg /gif format). Preferred dimensions are 125×165 pixels.
- Scanned image of the signature of student and parent (file size -below 20 KB and jpg / jpeg / gif format). Preferred dimensions are 125×65 pixels.
- Scanned image of Community Certificate (file size-below 100 KB and jpg / jpeg format)
- Scanned image of mark sheet
For Postgraduate Programs, mark sheets of Semester I to VI should be uploaded as a single pdf file (file size – below 500 KB and jpg/jpeg/pdf format). Can apply with marks of Semester I to V. Semester VI mark sheet should be mailed to email@example.com with the Name, Program applied to and Application Number as soon as the results are declared.
WCC Chennai Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The detailed eligibility criteria is mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
Under Graduate Courses (For Government Aided – Shift I)
- B.A. History : Higher Secondary
- B.A. English : Higher Secondary (Preference will be given to students who have done Communicative English upto 10% of seats)
- B.Sc. Mathematics : Higher Secondary Maths with Physics/Chemistry/ Statistics / Computer Science / Biology
- B.Sc. Physics : Higher Secondary with Maths / Physics Preferably with Chemistry
- B.Sc. Chemistry : Higher Secondary with Chemistry and Maths / Physics/ Biology/ Zoology/ Botany (any two)
- B.Sc. Plant Biology & Plant Biotechnology : Higher Secondary with Botany & Zoology / Biology and Chemistry The rest can be any other Science subject (Biotechnology, Microbiology, Physics etc.)
- B.Sc. Advanced Zoology & Biotechnology : Higher Secondary Zoology & Botany / Biology with Chemistry
- B.Sc. Psychology : Higher Secondary (Preference for students with Psychology for 30% of seats)
- B.Sc. Computer Science : Higher Secondary with Mathematics Preferably with Physics
- B.Sc. Home Science – Nutrition, Food Service Management & Dietetics (Vocational Stream) : Higher Secondary with Chemistry and Biology
- B.Sc. Home Science – Nutrition, Food Service Management & Dietetics (General Stream) : Higher Secondary with Chemistry and Biology
Under Graduate Courses (For Self-Financed – Shift II)
- B.Com. : 65% Marks in Core Papers in Higher Secondary or equivalent with Accountancy & Commerce
- B.Com. (General) : 65% Marks in Core Papers in Higher Secondary or equivalent with Accountancy & Commerce
- B.Com. (Accounting & Finance) : 65% Marks in Core Papers in Higher Secondary with Accountancy & Commerce preferably with Business Mathematics
- B.Com. (Computer Applications) : 65% Marks in Core Papers in Higher Secondary or equivalent with Accountancy & Commerce preferably with Computer Science
- B.Com. (Honours) : 75% Marks in Core Papers in Higher Secondary or equivalent with Accountancy, Commerce & Business Mathematics
- B.B.A. : Higher Secondary or equivalent
- B.A. Corporate Economics : Higher Secondary or equivalent Preferably With Mathematics
- B.C.A. : Higher Secondary or equivalent Preferably with Mathematics
- B.Sc. Visual Communication : Higher Secondary or equivalent
- B.Sc. Information Technology : Higher Secondary or equivalent with Mathematics / Business Mathematics / Statistics
- M.Sc. Computer Science & Technology (CST) Five Year Integrated Program : Higher Secondary or equivalent with Mathematics and preferably with Physics
Post Graduate Courses (For Government Aided- Shift I)
- M.Sc. Home Science – Food Service Management & Dietetics (FSM) : B.Sc. Nutrition, Food Service Management and Dietetics / B.Sc. Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics / B.Sc. Home Science or any Science Graduate with PG Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics or PG Diploma in Catering Technology
- M.Sc. Home Science – Foods and Nutrition (FSN) : B.Sc. Nutrition, Food Service Management and Dietetics / B.Sc. Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics / B.Sc. Home Science or any Science Graduate with PG Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics or PG Diploma in Catering Technology
- M.Sc. Applied Psychology with specialization in Counselling & Psychotherapy / Organizational Behaviour : B.A. / B.Sc. Psychology , B.A. /B.Sc. Double / Triple Major with one major being Psychology , B.A. / B.Sc. Sociology with at least 3 courses in Psychology
For M.PHIL. PROGRAMS
- Home Science – Foods And Nutrition : M.Sc. Degree in Home Science Foods & Nutrition.
- Home Science – Food Service Management And Dietetics : M.Sc. Degree in Home Science Food Service Management & Dietetics.
- Psychology : M.Sc. / M.A. Degree in Psychology
For Ph.D. Programs
- Home Science : Full-time and Part-time
- Psychology : Full-time and Part-time
Post Graduate Courses (For Self-Financed – SHIFT II)
- M.Sc. Physics : B.Sc. Physics as main with Mathematics as one of the ancillary (or) B.Sc. Applied Science.
- M.Sc. Chemistry : B.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Mathematics : B.Sc. Mathematics/B.Sc. Applied Science
- M.Sc. Biotechnology : B.Sc. in Botany/ Zoology/ Biotechnology/Microbiology /Genetics/ Biochemistry/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Agriculture / B.E. Biotech/ B.Tech.(Biotechnology)/ B.V.Sc./ M.B.B.S/ B.D.S
- M.Sc. Information Technology : Any degree with Mathematics or Statistics/ Business Mathematics/ Business Statistics/ Mathematical Physics/ Quantitative Techniques as Main or Allied
- M.A. Human Resource Management (HRM) : Any UG Degree
- M.A. Communication : Any UG Degree
- M.A. English : B.A. English or any degree with Foundation Course English(Part-II)
- M.Com. : All B.Com./ B.B.A/B.B.M / B.A Corporate Economics
For M.Phil. Programs
- Biotechnology : M.Sc. Degree in Biotechnology.
- Computer Science : Master’s Degree in Computer Science / IT / Computer Science & Technology / Computer Applications or equivalent
- Chemistry : Master’s Degree in Chemistry.
For Ph.D. program
- Biotechnology: Full-time and Part-time
WCC Chennai Admission 2020 Admission Status
List of provisionally selected candidates will be displayed in our college notice board and website. Email notification will be sent to only those who are provisionally selected. Students who receive a provisional admission notice should report on the date specified.
The following documents should be submitted along with the fees specified in the admission notice.
- Original Statement of Marks along with two attested copies.
- Original Transfer and Conduct Certificates.
- Original Medical Certificate.
- Original Community Certificate along with three attested copies.
- Salary certificate of Parents.
- Eligibility Certificate*
Original Transfer Certificate produced at the time of admission will not be returned under any circumstances.
* Eligibility Certificate issued by the University of Madras should be produced by candidates who have passed the following examinations.
- Higher Secondary or equivalent examination conducted by all other State Boards in India / Abroad (Except Tamil Nadu State Board).
- All Degree (UG/PG) examinations conducted by other Universities in Tamil Nadu (Other than University of Madras)/ India/Abroad.
- ICSE/IGCSE (Std X) and “AS” & “A” level (Std XII) conducted by Cambridge International Examination (CIE), Cambridge University. (These candidates should have passed this examination with a minimum of five subjects of which ENGLISH shall be compulsory).
WCC Chennai Admission 2020 Selected Candidates
Candidates can check the list of selected Provisionally Selected Candidates for Undergraduate Degree Programmes for the session 2020 at the official website. From the given link candidates can check the same.
- A candidate may apply for any number of programs in the Aided or Self-Financed sections.
Candidates applying for more than one degree program should submit separate Application forms after making the necessary payments for each program.
- Candidates must provide valid and active Email ID and mobile number. These should be the same for each of the programs applied for.
- Status of successful registration will be sent ONLY through the registered e-mail ID and mobile number.
- Candidates seeking accommodation on campus should submit the online Hostel Application
- Form after making the necessary payment. One hostel form is sufficient for candidates
applying for more than one Degree Program.
- SC/ST candidates are exempt from Application Fee. However, Hostel Application Fee should be submitted online.
WCC Chennai Admission 2020 Fee Structure
Fee Structure for both UG and PG courses is given below the link.
Click here to check the WCC Chennai Admission 2020 Fee Structure.
Official Website : wcc.edu.in
For more details on WCC Chennai Admission 2020, candidates can check – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.