DASA Application Form 2017 is to be filled for admission to Undergraduate programmes in Engineering/Architecture for the academic year 2017-18 to National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), Schools of Planning and Architecture (SPAs), and other premier Technical Institutions in India. MHRD has entrusted the coordination of the admission process under DASA scheme for the academic year 2017-18 to VNIT Nagpur. Those seeking admission under DASA scheme have to apply online, fill an online DASA Application Form 2017 and make fee payment. Get here complete details of DASA Application Form 2017.
DASA Application Form 2017
The DASA 2017 Application Form will be available from Apr 2017. Candidates can apply up till the last date of DASA Online Application. Candidates have to fill an online application form, make fee payment, and upload documents to DASA website.
For admission through DASA Scheme 2017, Candidate must have valid SAT test scores.
|Submission of Online Application||01 Apr 2017|
|Last date for online application||12 Jun 2017|
|Last date for receipt of SAT Subject Test Score||12 Jun 2017|
Apply online here – Link to apply for DASA UG 2017 will be available.
- The SAT score for admission in 2017-18 is to be sent to VNIT Nagpur. The code is 7035.
- The GRE score for admission in 2017-18 is to be sent to VNIT Nagpur. The code is 2110.
Procedure to fill the Application Form
The Online process involves the following steps:
- Create an account at http://www.dasanit.org by entering the following details to register:
- Email ID (valid email ID to which a web link will be mailed to complete the registration process). This will be your username.
- Captcha words (in the space provided).
- Once correct details are entered, click Create my account.
- An email will be sent to your email address with a link to complete the registration. Check your email and click the web link.
- Enter Applicant ID (given in the email).
- Enter Password (preferably a combination of uppercase, lowercase, number and symbol to be chosen by the applicant).
- Confirm Password.
- Once correct details are entered, registration is complete.
- Applicants are advised to note the Applicant ID and password for future logins (for completing the application form and checking the status of the application etc) and to keep it confidential.
Application filling and submission:
Once an account is created, applicants should Login using email address and Password
Applicants can enter any number of choices in the order of preference which can be of any combination of Institutes and/or courses of their choice in the order of priority from the list of courses available.
The recommended sequence and detailed instructions for filling the application form will be uploaded on the portal once the application process starts. Applicants will need to upload the following:
- Latest passport size photograph in JPG format (size ~ 3.5cmx3.5cm, file size < 100kB).
- Scanned signature of applicant in JPG format (file size<100 kB).
- Scanned copies of relevant documents in JPG /JPEG format (the size of each such file <500 kB Colour/ B&W/Gray Scale).
Applicants may use any image editing software like Microsoft Office Picture Manager or Microsoft Paint to resize the photograph and documents. The photograph will appear on admission order hence use a photograph with sufficient clarity and contrast. All the scanned documents should also be clearly readable.
Applicants are advised to click Preview Application Form button to preview the form and ensure that all the required details have been provided correctly. In case, there are some corrections to be made, applicants can click the ‘Edit the Application Form’ button and edit the application. After ensuring that all the data provided are correct and in the required format the applicant should click the Submit the online application Form button to submit the online application. The submitted online application should be downloaded and saved by making use of the Download Application Form button. Applicants should keep copy of the submitted online application form for their records and print if required. However, the applicants are not required to send the hard copy of application form and documents to DASA office.
- If an applicant is unable to fill the online application in one session, he / she can save and continue it in subsequent sessions and complete it.
- Once the online application is submitted, the applicant will not be able to modify any of the data in the application form.
Submission of the online application along with required documents
The process to be followed during the submission of the application is given below:
Submit the application form through online portal with scanned copies of the following documents (Please ensure that name of the candidate should be exactly same in the passport, qualifying exam and SAT score):
- Applicant’s Passport (Nationals of Nepal who do not have a passport, copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card has to be submitted*).
- Proof for date of birth (Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities).
- Mark Sheet of 10th, 11thand 12th (or) Equivalent examination(s).
- Certificate from School authorities (in the format given in Appendix-II on letter head of the school) as proof of completion of 11th and 12th Standard or equivalent.#
- Details and proof of fee payment in case of payment by SWIFT transfer.
Last Date for Submission of Online Application form
Last date for Submission of completed application form along with required fee and supporting documents at DASA website is 23:59HRS (IST) June 12, 2017.
The applications of applicants whose SAT Subject Test scores are not received, for any reason whatsoever, by June 12, 2017 will not be considered for allotment of seats in the first three rounds. However, their application may be considered for allotment of seats in Round 4 and Spot round against the seats remaining vacant.
If you have any queries regarding DASA Application Form 2017, please ask in comments below.