DASA 2015 Application Form for Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin/ Non-Resident Indians
The application forms for DASA 2015 is available here from 1st April 2015. Candidates can apply up till 1st June 2015.
Instructions to fill and submit the application form for DASA 2015
Candidates are advised to read all instructions carefully, before filling the online application form.
- The application forms must be filled in English only. Application forms, filled in languages other than English will be summarily rejected.
- Upload your recent photograph (3.5 cm x 3.5 cm) while filling application form.
- Fill in the fee payment details and attach Documentary evidence of payment as applicable.
- Upload scanned copies of other supporting documents, as already specified in the preceding sections.
- If any supporting documents are in languages other than English or Hindi, authenticated translated copy of the documents to English or Hindi must also be uploaded.
- Applicants who are nationals of Nepal but do not have a passport, need to submit copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card
- Applicant can fill up as many choices as he/she wishes. Please see the DASA website for details about the Institute and Courses offered under DASA 2015 Scheme.
- Applicant’s name should be consistently same in SAT score as well as passport and other certificates.
Last Date for receipt of DASA 2015 Application Form
- Last date for receipt of completed application form along with required fee and supporting documents at DASA Office, MNIT Jaipur is 23:59HRS (IST) June 01, 2015.
- The applications of applicants whose SAT Subject Test scores are not received, for any reason whatsoever, by June 1, 2015 will not be considered for allotment of seats in the first three rounds. However, their application may be considered for allotment of seats in Round 4 and Spot round against the seats remaining vacant.
Welcome to DASA 2015-16 , the online portal for the admissions of Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) / Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) under DASA Scheme for the Academic Year 2015-16 to Undergraduate Courses in Engineering in National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), Schools of Planning and Architecture and other premier Technical Institutions in India.
Application Fee – Registration (Application) fee has been revised. It is now USD 300 (Non refundable). Tuition fee has been revised. It is now USD 8000 per annum for UG and USD 4000 per annum for PG.
Applicants from Nepal and Bhutan can pay their fees either in US Dollars or in Equivalent Indian Rupees (if payment is made from banks in Nepal or Bhutan). However, in case of Rupee payment they are required to get Exchange Rate Certificate from the bankers and submit the same along with the application form.
The applicants who fulfill the admission criteria should submit the DASA 2015 application form online along with the requisite registration fee and first semester tuition fee. The fee can be paid either through SWIFT Transfer or E-payment. Charges for fee payment, if any, should be borne by the applicant.
A. Details for payment through SWIFT Transfer
Payment can be made through bank transfer to SBI Bank:
|Address of the Bank||State Bank of India (SBI), MNIT Jaipur|
|Name of the Beneficiary||DASA-2015|
|Remittance Details||Mention Application fee, Your Passport number, Your Application ID, Applicant Name.|
|Correspondent Bank of Corporation Bank in USA for US Dollar payment||SBI, New York, SBINUS33|
IMPORTANT: While transferring the money through SWIFT, all Bank transaction charges should be borne by the applicant. In the SWIFT payment form at field 71A: Details of Charges, type as ‘OUR’. Applicants are advised to ensure that all Bank charges are paid by themselves.
Further, for making online payment (particularly For applicants making payment through SWIFT transfer), it is advised that the payment should be initiated at least three days (or even earlier if needed) before the closing date of online application to ensure the payment reaches DASA account before the closing date of online application. In case, the payment does not reach to the DASA account before the closing date due to any delays in the process, DASA will not be responsible and such applicants will not be considered for seat allocation.
B. Details for Electronic Payment (E-Payment):
For E-payment, applicants have to use the web link given in the online application form for paying through their credit/debit card. On successful completion of the transaction a Transaction ID would be generated automatically and will appear in the application form. Applicants are also advised to note the Transaction ID separately for future reference.
Note: Any transaction charges towards SWIFT / E-Payment should be borne by the applicant.
How To Apply for DASA 2015
The submission of DASA 2015 application is a two stage process, both of which are essential.
- Online application (http://www.dasanit.org) and submission of required documents online (scanned and uploaded). No hard copy of application or supporting documents needs to be sent.
- SAT subject test score to be sent to MNIT Jaipur through College Board, USA (Institute Code 7664)
Register online for applying to DASA 2015
Create an account at http://www.dasanit.org by entering the following details to register:
- Username (to be chosen by the applicant)
- Email ID (valid email ID to which a web link will be mailed to complete the registration process)
- Captcha words (in the space provided)
- Once correct details are entered, click Create my account
- An email will be send to your email address with a link to complete the registration. Check your email and click the web link.
- Enter Applicant ID (given in the email)
- Enter Password (preferably a combination of uppercase, lowercase, number and symbol to be chosen by the applicant)
- Confirm Password
- Once correct details are entered, registration is complete.
- Applicants are advised to note the Applicant ID and password for future logins (for completing the application form and checking the status of the application etc) and to keep it confidential.
Application filling and submission: The recommended sequence for filling the application form is given below.
Once an account is created applicants should Login using email address and Password.
Applicants can enter any number of choices in the order of preference which can be of any combination of Institutes and/or courses of your choice in the order of priority from the list of courses available.
The recommended sequence and detailed instructions for filling the application form will be uploaded on the portal once the application process starts. You will need to upload the following:
- Latest passport size photograph in JPG format (size ~ 3.5cmx3.5cm, file size < 100kB)
- Scanned signature in JPG format (file size<100 kB).
- Scanned copies of relevant documents in JPG /JPEG format (the size of each such file <500 kB Colour/ B&W/Gray Scale).
You may use any image editing software like Microsoft Office Picture Manager or Microsoft Paint to resize your photograph and documents. The photograph will appear on your admission order hence use a photograph with sufficient clarity and contrast. All the scanned documents should also be clearly readable.
Applicants are advised to click Preview Application Form button to preview the form and ensure that all the required details have been provided correctly. In case, there are some corrections to be made, applicants can click the Edit the Application Form button and edit the application. After ensuring that all the data provided are correct and in the required format the applicant should click the Submit the online application Form button to submit the online application. The submitted online application should be downloaded and saved by making use of the Download Application Form button. Applicants should keep copy of the submitted online application form for their records and print if required. However, the applicants are not required to send the hard copy of application form and documents to DASA office.
- If an applicant is unable to fill the online application in one session, he / she can save and continue it in subsequent sessions and complete it.
- Once the online application is submitted, the applicant will not be able to modify any of the data in the application form.
Submission of the DASA 2015 Online application along with required documents
The process to be followed during the submission of the application is given below:
Submit the application form through online portal with scanned copies of the following documents
(Please ensure that name of the candidate should be exactly same in the passport, qualifying exam and SAT score):
- Applicant’s Passport (Nationals of Nepal who do not have a passport, copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card has to be submitted*)
- Proof for date of birth (Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities)
- Mark Sheet of 10th, 11thand 12th (or) Equivalent examination(s).
- School authorities (in the format given in Appendix-III on letter head of the school) as proof of completion of 11th and 12th Standard or equivalent.#
- Details and proof of fee payment in case of payment by SWIFT transfer.
#In case, 12th standard or equivalent is not completed yet, the candidate has to give an undertaking in the online application
If you have any queries regarding DASA, please ask in comments below.