DASA Application Form 2017 is to be filled by Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin / Non-Resident Indians / Overseas Citizen of India for admission to undergraduate programs in premier Technical Institutions under DASA scheme of MHRD. MHRD has entrusted the coordination of the admission process under DASA scheme for the academic year 2017-18 to (name of organizing institute for DASA UG 2017 will be announced). Those seeking admission under DASA scheme have to apply online, fill an online DASA Application Form 2017 and make fee payment through (mode of payment for DASA UG 2017 will be announced) on or before last date. Further, online application and documents should be uploaded to DASA website through portal only. Applicants should also arrange to send SAT Subject Test scores directly from College Board, USA, to (name of organizing institute and institute code for DASA UG 2017 will be announced) so as to reach Coordinator, before the last date to submit SAT Score.
DASA Application Form 2017 for Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin/ Non-Resident Indians
The DASA 2017 Application Form is expected to be available in April 2017. Candidates can apply up till the last date of DASA Online Application. Candidates have to fill an online application form, make fee payment, and upload documents to DASA website.
SAT subject test score to be sent to (name of organizing institute and institute code for DASA UG 2017 will be announced).
|Submission of Online Application||April 2017 (expected)|
|Last date for online application||June 2017 (expected)|
|Last date for receipt of SAT Subject Test Score||June 2017 (expected)|
Apply online here – Link to apply for DASA UG 2017 will be available.
How to apply for DASA UG 2017?
Details of how to apply for DASA UG 2017 are not yet available officially. Details given below are “expected” points relevant to the topic based on last year’s DASA application form submission. As soon as DASA UG 2017 application form is available, details will be updated here.
The submission of application is a two stage process, both of which are essential.
- Online application (http://www.dasanit.org) and submission of required documents online. No hard copy of application or supporting documents needs to be sent. SAT subject test score to be sent to (name of organizing institute and institute code for DASA UG 2017 will be announced)
- SAT subject test score to be sent to (name of organizing institute and institute code for DASA UG 2017 will be announced)
Create an account at http://www.dasanit.org by entering the following details to register:
- Email ID (valid email ID to which a web link will be mailed to complete the registration process). This will be your username.
- Captcha words (in the space provided).
- Once correct details are entered, click Create my account.
- An email will be sent to your email address with a link to complete the registration. Check your email and click the web link.
- Enter Applicant ID (given in the email).
- Enter Password (preferably a combination of uppercase, lowercase, number and symbol to be chosen by the applicant).
- Confirm Password.
- Once correct details are entered, registration is complete.
- Applicants are advised to note the Applicant ID and password for future logins (for completing the application form and checking the status of the application etc) and to keep it confidential.
Application filling and submission
Once an account is created applicants should Login using email address and Password.
Applicants can enter any number of choices in the order of preference which can be of any combination of Institutes and/or courses of your choice in the order of priority from the list of courses available.
The recommended sequence and detailed instructions for filling the application form will be uploaded on the portal once the application process starts. You will need to upload the following:
- Latest passport size photograph in JPG format (size ~ 3.5cmx3.5cm, file size < 100kB).
- Scanned signature in JPG format (file size<100 kB).
- Scanned copies of relevant documents in JPG /JPEG format (the size of each such file <500 kB Colour/ B&W/Gray Scale).
You may use any image editing software like Microsoft Office Picture Manager or Microsoft Paint to resize your photograph and documents. The photograph will appear on your admission order hence use a photograph with sufficient clarity and contrast. All the scanned documents should also be clearly readable.
Applicants are advised to click Preview Application Form button to preview the form and ensure that all the required details have been provided correctly. In case, there are some corrections to be made, applicants can click the Edit the Application Form button and edit the application. After ensuring that all the data provided are correct and in the required format the applicant should click the Submit the online application Form button to submit the online application. The submitted online application should be downloaded and saved by making use of the Download Application Form button. Applicants should keep copy of the submitted online application form for their records and print if required. However, the applicants are not required to send the hard copy of application form and documents to DASA office.
Note: If an applicant is unable to fill the online application in one session, he / she can save and continue it in subsequent sessions and complete it. Once the online application is submitted, the applicant will not be able to modify any of the data in the application form.
Submission of the Online application along with required documents
Submit the application form through online portal with scanned copies of the following documents (Please ensure that name of the candidate should be exactly same in the passport, qualifying exam and SAT score):
- Applicant’s Passport (Nationals of Nepal who do not have a passport, copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card has to be submitted*).
- Proof for date of birth (Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities).
- Mark Sheet of 10th, 11thand 12th (or) Equivalent examination(s).
- School authorities as proof of completion of 11th and 12th Standard or equivalent. #
- Details and proof of fee payment in case of payment by SWIFT transfer.
# In case, 12th standard or equivalent is not completed yet, the candidate has to give an undertaking in the online application. Eligible applicants who have appeared/are appearing for the qualifying examination during the academic year 2016-17 can also apply by submitting the completed application form along with the registration fee, first semester tuition fee and other documents. In any case, the applicants are to ensure that the online application is completed along with required documents before (date for DASA UG 2017 will be announced). Provisional admission given based on SAT score will be deemed to be cancelled if the applicant is not able to produce the required documents for academic eligibility within the specified time.
- The transcripts / marks / grade sheets of the qualifying examination should be self attested.
- If any supporting documents are in languages other than English or Hindi, authenticated translated copy of the documents in English or Hindi must also be provided.
- Incomplete/illegible applications and documentary evidences in any respect would be summarily rejected without any communication to the applicants.
- The applicant should ensure that the application is submitted timely. DASA 2017 Coordinating Institute, (name of organizing institute for DASA UG 2017 will be announced) shall not be responsible for delays in online submission, if any.
- A copy of the qualifying exam marks card is to be provided to the DASA office as soon as it is available.
- Applicants should submit the original marks card of the qualifying examination and all other documents at the time of admission at the allotted Institute or submit it within the dates specified by that Institute.
- Please mention full name of applicant & DASA 2017 Application ID in all correspondence.
Last Date for Submission of Online Application form
Last date for Submission of completed application form along with required fee and supporting documents at DASA website is (date for DASA UG 2017 will be announced).
The applications of applicants whose SAT Subject Test scores are not received, for any reason whatsoever, by (date for DASA UG 2017 will be announced) will not be considered for allotment of seats in the first three rounds. However, their application may be considered for allotment of seats in Round 4 and Spot round against the seats remaining vacant.
Application Fee payment
Registration Fee and First Semester Tuition Fee: A total amount of (fee for DASA UG 2017 will be announced) is required to be paid along with the application form. This is towards non-refundable registration fee of (fee for DASA UG 2017 will be announced) and first semester Tuition Fee of (fee for DASA UG 2017 will be announced) Foreign Nationals, who are nationals of SAARC countries, are eligible for 50% Tuition Fee waiver provided they have passed the qualifying examination in SAARC countries. They are required to pay an amount of (fee for DASA UG 2017 will be announced) along with the application form (i.e. (fee for DASA UG 2017 will be announced) towards first semester tuition fee and a non refundable registration fee of (fee for DASA UG 2017 will be announced) ). Applicants from Nepal and Bhutan can pay their fees either in US Dollars or in Equivalent Indian Rupees (if payment is made from banks in Nepal or Bhutan). However, in
Applicants from Nepal and Bhutan can pay their fees either in US Dollars or in Equivalent Indian Rupees (if payment is made from banks in Nepal or Bhutan). However, in case of Rupee payment they are required to get Exchange Rate Certificate from the bankers and submit the same along with the application form.
Tuition Fee for subsequent semesters of study: The tuition fee of (fee for DASA UG 2017 will be announced) for the subsequent semesters of study is to be paid by the admitted applicants, directly to the concerned Institution, as per rules of the admitting Institution. Hostel Accommodation and other Expenses: Hostel fee and other expenses, which may typically range from (fee for DASA UG 2017 will be announced) per annum and may vary from Institute to Institute, are required to be paid by the applicant directly to the Institution at the time of admission. Applicants are advised to visit the websites or contact concerned authorities of the respective Institutes for detailed information regarding hostel accommodation, its
Hostel Accommodation and other Expenses: Hostel fee and other expenses, which may typically range from (fee for DASA UG 2017 will be announced) per annum and may vary from Institute to Institute, are required to be paid by the applicant directly to the Institution at the time of admission. Applicants are advised to visit the websites or contact concerned authorities of the respective Institutes for detailed information regarding hostel accommodation, its availability and other expenses. DASA 2017 is not responsible for arranging Hostel or other facilities at the individual Institutes
The applicants who fulfill the admission criteria specified above should submit the application form online along with the requisite registration fee and first semester tuition fee. The fee can be paid (mode of fee payment for DASA UG 2017 will be announced) .
If you have any queries regarding DASA Application Form 2017, please ask in comments below.