CA Foundation 2019 – The Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI) declares the result for CA Foundation May 2019 exam online at icaiexam.icai.org or by registering online to get their result at their registered email or by SMS. Roll number, pin number or registration number is required to check the CA Foundation 2019 result online. CA Foundation is the first level entry examination for the candidates who are going for Chartered Accountancy Course. It is conducted twice a year once in the month of May and once in the month of November. Check more details on CA Foundation 2019 from this page.
CA Foundation 2019
CA Foundation 2019 for May exam is going to be conducted in a single shift from 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM for Paper 1 and 2, and for Paper 3 and 4, it is going to be held from 02:00 PM to 04:00 PM. Check the complete schedule for CA Foundation May 2019 exam from the table below.
|CA Foundation 2019||Important Dates (Revised)|
|Availability of application form||20 Feb 2019|
|Last date for application form submission without late fee||16 Mar 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form with late fee||23 Mar 2019|
|Correction Window 1||27 Mar to 02 Apr 2019|
|Admit card download begins from||06 May 2019|
|Correction Window 2||10 to 19 May 2019|
|CA Foundation May 2019 exam date||04, 07, 11 & 13 Jun 2019|
|CA Foundation Exam Date for Saurashtra region of Gujarat||—|
|CA Foundation Result declaration||13 Aug 2019|
Schedule for CA Foundation November 2019
|Starting date of application form||16 Aug 2019|
|Last date of online submision of form without late fee||07 Sep 2019|
|Last date of online submision of form with late fee||10 Sep 2019|
CA Foundation 2019 Result
The result of CA Foundation May 2019 is declared online at the official website. The candidates will also get notification of their result via SMS and E-mail. To get the result of CA Foundation 2019 via e-mail, candidates have to register with ICAI, at icaiexam.icai.org. Along with the result, ICAI also releases the merit list of top 50th candidates at its official website. To check the result, the candidates need to log in by entering their Registration Number, Pin number or Roll Number.
Passing Marks for CA Foundation Exam
To qualify the CA Foundation examination candidate has to secure 50 % in aggregate and 40 % in each subject individually.
CA Foundation Past Year Pass Percentage – The candidates can check the pass percentage for past year exam from the table below.
|Gender||No. of Candidates Appeared||No. of Candidates Passed||CA CPT Pass Percentage|
What After CA Foundation Result Is Declared?
After the CA Foundation May 2019 Result is declared, the candidates who obtain minimum cut off marks will then be eligible to register for Intermediate Course.
Observations on the CA Foundation May 2019 Question Papers
It is hereby informed that candidates can bring to the notice of the Examination Department, their observations, if any, on the question papers relating to CA Examinations being held in May 2019 by e-mail at [email protected] or by way of a letter, sent by Speed Post, at the following address, so as to reach us latest by June 18, 2019.
Please note that only those observations of students will be taken up for consideration who provide their following details i.e.; Name of the Student, Registration Number, Roll Number, email-id and Mobile Number.
Notification for CA Foundation May 2019 Revised Exam Date
Clarification on the postponement of the exams:
- Postponement of Paper on June 02 to June 04, 2019, was occasioned by the inability expressed by many exam centres to conduct the exam on that date owing to their holding UPSC exams on that day.
- Paper on June 04 was postponed to June 13, 2019, so that Group I of Final Exams is completed before commencing Group II papers.
- Postponement of Paper on June 09 to June 13, 2019, was necessitated for the convenience of the common candidates of the Foundation Exam of ICAI and the Foundation exam of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India, scheduled on June 09.
CA Foundation May 2019 Official Notification
- Click here to open above notification in a new window.
- Click Here to check the official notice from ICAI.
CA Foundation 2019 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate who wishes to apply to appear for CA Foundation May 2019 exam must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria as given below.
- Should have registered for Foundation Course with Board of Studies before the cut-off date OR converted to Foundation Course with Board of Studies of ICAI.
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 exam from a recognized Board.
Exemption from Appearing In Foundation Exam
The candidates who fulfill the below-given eligibility criteria will be exempted from appearing in the Foundation exam
- Candidates who possess a Graduation or Postgraduation degree in Commerce and have secured a minimum of 55% of total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) with certain subjects. OR
- Candidates who have completed their graduation or post graduation in a stream other than Commerce should have secured a minimum of 60% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) OR
- Candidates who have passed the Intermediate Examination of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India or the Institute of Company Secretary of India are exempted from passing Foundation Examination.
CA Foundation 2019 Application Form
The application form for CA Foundation May 2019 exam is going to be released online. No offline application form will be available for the candidates. To submit the form, the candidates need to pay an amount of Rs. 1500/- for Indian centers. The candidates can submit the CA Foundation May 2019 Application Form online or by post as well. The candidates can pay the examination fee for CA Foundation May exam by Online mode.
Application Fee – As per the official notification, the candidates need to pay the following amount for CA Foundation May 2019 exam
|Test Center||Application Fee|
|For Indian Center||Rs. 1500|
|For Overseas Centre(s) – Excluding Kathmandu Centre||US$ 325|
|For Kathmandu (Nepal) Centre||INR 2200|
CA Foundation 2019 Application Form Correction
ICAI allows the candidate to change their test center / medium of question paper for the Foundation exam. The correction window is opened for a limited time period that is from March 27 to April 02, 2019. The candidates are provided the form correction window to the candidates, in two separate sessions. The first opportunity (called “Correction Window”) will be free of cost and the second opportunity (called “Corrections with fee-Window”) will be for a fee of Rs 1000/- per application.
CA Foundation 2019 Exam Centers
ICAI is going to conduct CA Foundation May 2019 exam at 193 test cities spread across India. Further, the exam is going to be held at 5 test centers located outside India. The candidates can check the list of CA Foundation May 2019 test centers from the table.
|Mangalore||Mapusa (Goa)||Margao (Goa)||Mathura|
CA Foundation Exam Centers Outside India
- Abu Dhabi
CA Foundation 2019 Exam Pattern
Foundation Course comprises of four papers, out of 4 papers, 2 papers are subjective type (Paper 1 & 2) and rest of the 2 papers are objective type (Paper 3 & 4). There is also a negative marking for Papers 3 & 4 only. No negative marking for subjective papers i.e. 1 & 2.
- Paper 1: Principles and Practices of Accounting (100 Marks)
- Paper 2: Business Law & Business Correspondence and Reporting (100 Marks)
- Section A: Business Law (60 Marks)
- Section B: Business Correspondence and Reporting (40 Marks)
- Paper 3*: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning &Statistics (100 Marks)
- Part I: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning (60 Marks)
- Part II: Statistics (40 Marks)
- Paper 4*: Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge (100 Marks)
- Part I: Business Economics (60 Marks)
- Part II: Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)
Note: Candidates of Foundation Examinations will be allowed to opt for Hindi medium for answering papers. However the medium of Examination will be only English in respect of Post Qualification Course.
CA Foundation 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for CA Foundation May 2019 is going to be released online at least 14 days before the test. To download the Admit Card, the candidates need to log in by entering their Login ID and Password. No physical admit card for CA Foundation exam is going to be sent to the candidates by post. Hence, it is advised to the candidates to download and print their admit cards from the website only. After taking the print out of the Admit Card, the candidates must verify that the details such as their name, registration number, exam center, medium opted, etc.
Official Website: www.icai.org