The CIFNET 2018 application form will be released by Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training which is under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare. By submitting the application form, candidates will be able to appear in the entrance examination for the admission into Bachelor of Fishery Science (Nautical Science) BFSc(NS) and Vessel Navigator Course (VNC)/ Marine Filter Course(MFC). To appear in the examination, candidates must have completed SSLC/HSC with 50% marks in Mathematics and Science. This is the minimum eligibility criteria for the admission. Therefore, only the eligible candidates will be able to submit the application form.
The application may be completed through online mode. The aspirants have to pay a fixed amount of application fee as decided by the Ministry. While applying for the examination, candidates must keep a scanned photograph and signature ready with them.
CIFNET 2018 Application Form
The tentative dates for the CIFNET 2018 examination are given below in the table. The dates are not final and may be change according to the official announcement by the concerned authority.
|Application process starts||2nd week of April 2018|
|Application process ends||4th week of May 2018|
|Date of Examination||In the month of June 2018|
Apply here: To apply for CIFNET 2018, candidates should visit the official website www.cifnet.nic.in.
The CIFNET 2018 application form will be made available on the official website at cifnet.nic.in The application form will most probably be released in the 2nd week of April 2018. The application process shall be completed after filling all the information such as personal details, contact details, educational qualification, uploading the photograph and signature and finally paying the application fee. The application fee might be paid in the form of Demand Draft which will be submitted to the Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training.
The Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training has set the eligibility conditions for the entrance examination. Candidates must fulfill all the eligibility criterion to submit the application form. The candidature of the ineligible candidates will be cancelled by the Institute. Therefore before filling the application form, candidates must have a look at the eligibility conditions. The eligibility norms for BFSc(NS) and VNC/MFC are mentioned below:
Eligibility For BFSc(NS)
- Must have passed in class 12th with minimum 50% marks (passing marks for SC/ST) in English and Maths and aggregate marks in other Science subjects.
- The candidates who shall appear in the class 12th examination are also eligible
- Candidates should be in age between 17 to 20 years as on 1st October, 2018
Eligibility For VNC/MFC
- The aspirants must have passed the class in 10th with 50% marks in Mathematics and Science separately.
- The candidates who shall appear in the class 10th examination are also eligible
- Candidates should be in age between 16 to 20 yrs as on 1st August 2018.
- Age Relaxation- Upper Age is relaxable to SC/ST by 5yrs
Expected Application Fee
The candidates who wish to apply for the CIFNET 2018 examination have to pay a prescribed amount of application fee while submitting the application form. The expected application fee for the prescribed courses is given below:
- General Category- Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST Category – Rs. 250/-
- General Category- Rs. 300/-
- SC/ST Category- Rs. 150/-
Instructions to fill the CIFNET 2018 Application Form
The application form for CIFNET 2018 shall be filled through online mode on the official website of CIFNET at cifnet.nic.in. To apply candidates can also click on the link of application form that is mentioned above in the article. The steps to fill and submit the application form are given below:
Step I- Apply Online
- Click on the direct link “Click Here” mentioned above in the article or visit the official website of CIFNET.
Step II- Fill the Application form
- Now fill the application form with all the required details such as personal information, contact details, course applying for, educational details etc.
Step III- Uploading of photograph and signature
- Candidate need to save all the details at every step of application form
- Now upload the scanned image of photograph and signature in the right format, dimensions and size. The photograph should be maximum of 80 kb size.
Step IV- Submission of the Application form
- Submit the application form and after the successful submission, candidates must take a printout of the computer generated filled in application form.
- The hard copy of the application form along with all the necessary certificates (SSLC/HSC/Community, if SC/ST) and the Demand Draft of the application fee must be send to the prescribed address.
Insofar, the details of CIFNET 2018 application form have not yet been announced. Information provided on this page is as per last year brochure and only for reference. As soon as Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training releases CIFNET 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.