DU Result 2020 – Delhi University releases DU result online on du.ac.in for all UG, PG and M.Phil / Ph.D entrance exam. The result of the entrance exam is declared under the login of the students. However, the merit list is uploaded as PDF on the website. To check the entrance exam results candidates have to use their form number and date of birth. For merit-based admission, University releases the cut-off list at its website and at DU campuses notice board. Candidates can check more information on DU result 2020 like admission process, cut off, the process to check results, etc from this page.
Latest: DU PG admission 2020 first merit list will be available on November 18, 2020. Click here to check it.
DU Result 2020
DU entrance test (DUET) result, is compiled and uploaded by National Testing Agency. The candidates can check below the important DU result 2020 dates for UG, PG and M.Phil / Ph.D. courses.
DU UG Merit Based Admission and Cutoff dates
|DU Cut Off 2020 Dates||UG – Merit based|
|1st cutoff list||12 Oct 2020|
|Admission against 1st cutoff||12 – 14 Oct 2020|
|Last date to pay the fee||16 Oct 2020|
|2nd cutoff list||19 Oct 2020|
|Admission against 2nd cutoff||19 – 21 Oct 2020|
|Last date to pay the fee||23 Oct 2020|
|3rd cutoff list||26 Oct 2020|
|Admission against 3rd cutoff||26 – 28 Oct 2020|
|Last date to pay the fee||30 Oct 2020|
|4th cutoff list||2 Nov 2020|
|Admission against 4th cutoff||2 – 4 Nov 2020|
|Last date to pay the fee||6 Nov 2020|
|5th cutoff list||9 Nov 2020|
|Admission against 5th cutoff||9 – 11 Nov 2020|
|Last date to pay the fee||13 Nov 2020|
DU UG Entrance Based Admission and Merit List dates
|DU Cut Off 2020 Dates||UG – Entrance based|
|1st merit list||19 Oct 2020|
|Admission against 1st merit||19 – 21 Oct 2020|
|Last date to pay the fee||23 Oct 2020|
|2nd merit list||26 Oct 2020|
|Admission against 2nd merit||26 – 28 Oct 2020|
|Last date to pay the fee||30 Oct 2020|
|3rd merit list||2 Nov 2020|
|Admission against 3rd merit||2 – 4 Nov 2020|
|Last date to pay the fee||6 Nov 2020|
DU PG Entrance / Merit Based Admission dates
|DU Cut Off 2020 Dates||PG – Entrance / merit based|
|1st merit list|
|Admission against 1st merit|
|Last date to pay the fee payment against 1st merit|
|2nd merit list|
|Admission against 2nd merit|
|Last date to pay the fee payment against 2nd merit|
|Commencement of Classes||01 Dec 2020|
|3rd merit list|
|Admission against 3rd merit list|
|Last date to pay the fee payment against 3rd merit list|
DU PG 2020 Revised Schedule for Entrance / Merit Based Admission
- Click here to download DU PG 2020 Revised Schedule for Entrance / Merit Based Admission.
DU JAT 2020 Declaration of Final Scores and Schedule for the First Allotment
The List of Final Scores for admission to the BMS, BBA(FIA) and BA(H) Business Economics courses is published on the UG Admissions Portal. A list of candidates found Not Eligible has also been published.
In case of any discrepancy found in the eligibility or calculation of average of Best Four marks of Class 12, applicants are advised to click of the link and to fill the form provided there Click Here to Fill the Form.
This facility shall remain active till 5 pm on Thursday, 22 October 2020.
The final rank-wise list for allotment of colleges and courses to the applicants shall be uploaded by 12 noon on Friday, 23 October 2020. Applicants shall be permitted to edit their preference order for college and course till 12 noon on Saturday, 24 October 2020.
The allotment of college and course to applicants would be made available to them on their admission dashboard by 10 a.m. on Monday, 26 October 2020 and they would be required to seek admission as per the schedule provided.
- Click here to List of Final Score of Eligible applicants
- Click here to List of Final Score of Ineligible applicants
How is the DU Result 2020 Compiled?
In this section we have discussed how DU result is compiled for UG, PG and M.Phil / Ph.D courses for both merit based and entrance test based admission.
DU UG Result 2020 Compilation
Merit based result compilation: A cutoff list is prepared course wise and category wise for all colleges under DU. The cutoff marks are decided as follows:
- Based on “Best Four” subjects percentage in the qualifying exam for faculties of Arts, Commerce, Mathematical Sciences, Music, Social Sciences, Applied Social Sciences & Humanities. The highest marks serve as the cutoff marks for admission in the particular course and category.
- Based on the “Best Three” subjects percentage in the qualifying exam for faculties of Sciences and Applied Sciences. The highest marks serve as the cutoff marks for admission in the particular course and category.
Entrance Exam result compilation: NTA conducts the exam and compiles the result based on the marks scored by the students in the exam.
- The result of DU entrance test (DUET) is compiled on the basis of the final answer Key of DU entrance exam prepared by NTA.
- Later DU releases the merit list where students can check their ranks. Ranking is done as per the following norms:
|B.Tech (IT & MI), BA (H & SS), B.El.Ed. , BA (H) MMC and FYIPJ courses – The ranking of the candidate is done on the basis of their performance in the test|
|BA (H) BE, BMS, BBA (FIA), courses – Ranking is done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the entrance test and in Class XII (as per eligibility) giving each the weights of 65% and 35% respectively.|
|B.Sc (PE, HE & S) course – The mean of the marks scored in the written test and sports proficiency is used for the ranking.|
|B.A (Hons.) Music – The marks scored in the practical test is used for ranking.|
DU PG Result 2020 Compilation
Merit based admission result compilation: The merit list is compiled based on marks in the qualifying exam as entered by the students in the application form of PG admission. The candidates who have entered their marks in CGPA format, note that their CGPA is converted to percentage using the formula below for merit:
Final Percentage of marks (%) = CGPA based on all six semesters x 9.5
Entrance exam result compilation: The merit list is drawn based on the marks of the entrance test.
DU M.Phil / Ph.D Result 2020 Compilation
Entrance exam result compilation: The merit list is drawn based on the marks of the entrance test. Based on which students selected for interview.
Merit based admission is not applicable in M.Phil / Ph.D courses.
Tie Breaker Criteria for DU Result 2020
In case 2 or more students get the same marks in merit-based or entrance based admission process, their rank is decided by breaking the tie. The tie-breaking process for M.Phil and Ph.D. courses is not disclosed. However, the tie-breaking for UG and PG courses are given below:
Tie Breaker Criteria for UG Courses
- Candidates with higher percentage of marks (aggregate of best four subjects including one language) in the qualifying examination will be considered first for allotment/admission.
- In case if there is still a tie, the candidates with the higher entrance test score are considered first for allotment/admission.
- If the tie is still not resolved, then the applicant with higher percentage of marks (aggregate of best five subjects including one language) in the qualifying examination are considered first
- Lastly, if by applying the above rule, the tie is still not resolved, the applicant with the earlier date of birth (as mentioned in class Xth certificate) will be considered for allotment/admission.
Tie Breaker Criteria for PG courses
- A candidate with a higher percentage in Qualifying Examination is given preference in the merit list.
- If there is still a tie, the candidate with a higher percentage in the final year of a bachelor degree is given preference, then the preceding year and so on
- If the tie is still not resolved, then the candidates having higher aggregate marks (five subjects including one language) in class XII Board examination will be given preference.
How to Check DU Result 2020 for Entrance Test Based Courses?
Simply follow the instruction as given below to check the result:
Step 1: Click on the direct link which is available on this page above.
Step 2: Next, the candidates have to login by entering the DU form number and their date of birth.
Step 3: Submit the details and in the next screen, candidates need to click on the “View Scorecard” button.
Step 4: In the next screen, the result card will appear on the screen.
Step 4: Finally, take a print out of the result for future reference.
How to Check DU Result 2020 for Merit Based Courses?
To check Delhi University 2020 result follow the mentioned below steps:
Step 1: Go to the official website and click on the UG/PG portal
Step 2: Click on the link to check the rank list of courses
Step 3: Click on the link for the course you have applied for and check your roll number, name and rank.
Details in the DUET 2020 Scorecard
The DUET 2020 Scorecard consist of the following information:
- Roll number as printed on DU admit card
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s name
- Date of birth
- PWD category
- Candidate’s photo and signature
- Name of the course appeared for
- Marks obtained
DU 2020 Reservation Criteria
University also provide benifts to the reserved categories. Check the seats reservations from below:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7 ½ %|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs)||10%|
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
What to do After the Declaration DU Result 2020
For UG Courses: After the declaration of result, candidates applying through Entrance exam courses , can apply for the colleges and department through UG Admission Portal. Those who are applying for admission through Merit List courses, can apply for the respective course/college afer the declaration of Cutoff list. All the candidates have to fill the admission form of the DU from the official website.
For PG courses: Candidates who have qualified the entrance exam or Merit list, can apply for respective colleges and departments from the PG admission portal by fill the admission form as per the notification. After that, the University declares the admission list on the basis of the rank or qualifying marks.
For M.Phil / Ph.D courses: The list of shortlisted candidates and dates of the interview shall be notified on the M.Phil./Ph.D. admission portal. Selected candidates based on test and interview have to report for admission as notified to them via the admission portal with necessary documents at the time of admission.
DU 2020 Admission Process
Notification regarding DU Admission will be released in the candidates portal. So candidates are required to check the portal for updates.
Documents Required at Reporting Centre for DU Admission 2020
Candidates shall be required to obtain the mentioned below documents along with 2 self-attest copies at the time of counselling as per the Admission Schedule :
- Class 10th marksheet and Certificate (For Date of Birth)
- Class 12th Marksheet
- Graduation Marksheet/Certificate (for PG courses)
- OC Non Creamy Layer certificate
- Caste certificate (SC/ST/EWS/PwD)
- Sports Quota/EAC Ceritificate (if applicable)
- Two passport size photograph
About Delhi University
University of Delhi, informally known as Delhi University was established in 1922. Delhi University is India’s largest institution of higher learning and among the largest in the world. Now it has 90 affiliated colleges and 16 other institutes with an enrollment of over 132,000 regular students and 261,000 non-formal students. Recently, there are 258,831students in undergraduates and 2,338 students in postgraduates. It is offering 86 academic departments are divided into 16 faculties.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.