AP EdCET Result 2020 – Andhra University, Visakhapatnam announces Andhra Pradesh Education Common Entrance Test (AP EdCET) result at sche.ap.gov.in. For checking the AP EdCET 2020 result, candidates need to enter the registration number and EdCET hall ticket number. Minimum Cut off percentile for AP EdCET 2020 is 25%. Admission is granted based on the rank secured in AP EdCET 2020. For more information about AP EdCET result 2020 such as its process to check, reservation criteria, tie – breaking criteria, check the information provided here.
Latest: AP EdCET 2020 Exam Date has been postponed and new date shall be intimated shortly.
AP EdCET Result 2020
The candidates are ranked in the order of each methodology according to the marks secured in the exam. For more information about AP EdCET result 2020, check the schedule given below.
Schedule for AP EdCET result 2020
|AP EdCET Result 2020||Important Dates|
|AP EdCET 2020 exam date|
|Declaration of AP EdCET 2020 Result|
Check Here: Candidates can check AP EdCET 2020 result as per schedule from sche.ap.gov.in.
Candidtes can check the merit lists for NCC, CAP, Sports and Games from below links:
- NCC merit list: Click here to check the NCC Merit list 2020.
- CAP merit list: Click here to check the CAP Merit list 2020.
- Sports and games merit list: Click here to check the Sports and games Merit list 2020.
- Sports and games list: Click here to check the Sports and games list.
How Is AP EdCET 2020 Merit List Prepared?
The candidates will get rank on the basis of marks obtained by them. There is no provision of re totaling and re valuation in AP EdCET 2020 result. Candidates will be ranked in order of merit in the entrance exam. There is no qualifying marks for SC, ST and women in Physical Science/ Mathematics methodology. They have to get a rank to qualify the exam. NCC, CAP and Sports students are going to get more preference.
Andhra University, Visakhapatnam has released three different types of merit list for the students who want to admission in B.ed programme namely the merit lists for NCC, CAP, Sports and Games merit list. It consists of the details like.
- NCC merit list details: camp certificate, priority as per G.O, merit order priority number.
- CAP merit list details: category, exisiting priority, merit number priorities.
- Sports and games merit list details: participation event, existing priority as per G.O., merit oder number.
How Is AP EdCET 2020 Result Calculated?
The raw scores of AP EdCET is calculated according to the marking scheme set by the university. Check the marking scheme for AP EdCET given below.
|Score Card||Marks Earned|
|Correct Answer||+1 mark|
|Incorrect Answer||0 mark|
|No Answer||0 mark|
|Two answers for one question||0 mark|
How rank is determined?
Candidates are ranked in each methodology as per merit which is calculated according to the marks obtained in AP EdCET examination. If there is a tie between two or more students, then the tie – breaking criteria is applied for determining the rank.
Importance of Cut – Off
Now, after getting the rank the candidates have to see whether they are meeting the minimum qualiying criteria set by the university i.e. the cut off or not. Candidates are required to get minimum 25% marks to qualify the test. On the basis of this cut off only, the candidates will be admitted in the colleges of Andhra Pradesh.
Note: It is to be noted that even if you have got a rank but you are not having the qualifying marks, then, you cannot admission in that college.
AP EdCET Tie-Breaking Criteria
If two or more candidates secure same number of marks, then, the following given tie – breaking criteria is followed.
- Firstly, the marks in Part C is taken into consideration
- If the tie is still there, then the marks in Part A is taken into account
- If the tie still persists, then, the older candidates are given consideration
AP EdCET 2020 Cut Off
The exam conducting body has set some minimum qualifying marks that candidates have to get for qualifying the exam. There is no qualifying marks for the candidates belonging to SC / ST. The candidates belonging to the unreserved candidates are required to get 25% of the marks.
|Particulars||Marks or percentage|
|Cut – Off||25%|
|Minimum qualifying marks||37|
How To Check AP EdCET Result 2020?
Candidates can follow the steps listed below to check the result of AP EdCET 2020.
Step 1: Click on the link mentioned above or go to the official website.
Step 2: Then, enter the details like registration number and EdCET hall ticket number.
Step 3: After entering the details, click on the link ‘view result’.
Step 4: As and when you click on the view result option, the result appears on your screen. Take a screenshot of the result.
Step 5: As the last step, take a printout of the result.
AP EdCET 2020 Rank Card
After the declaration of result, the rank card for the qualified candidates is published on the official website, sche.ap.gov.in. Candidates can download the rank card by following the steps given below.
How to get the AP EdCET 2020 Rank Card online?
- Visit the official website, sche.ap.gov.in.
- Enter the registration number and EdCET hall ticket number.
- Click on the ‘submit’ button and the rank ard will be displayed.
- Save and take the print of the rank card as it is required for the further counseling process
AP EdCET 2020 Reservation Policy
APSCHE follows a reservation policy to initiate fair treatment towards reserved category candidates. Check the same from below.
- Local Area-Wise Reservations:
- 85% of the total seats in each course is reserved for the local candidates and the other 15% of the seats shall be left unreserved as mentioned in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions.
- As per State wise reservation, candidates from Sri Padmavathi Mahila Viswa Vidyalayam, Tirupati, Dravidian University, Kuppam admission are reserved under 85% of the total seats, while other 15% are unreserved.
2. Local Candidate: A candidate is said to be a local candidate if he/she fulfils the following criteria:
- He/ she has done schooling for a period of not less than four consecutive academic years.
- Or He/she has resided in the State for more than a period of 4 years.
AP EdCET 2020
Andhra Pradesh Education Common Entrance Test (AP EdCET) is conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of APSCHE for the students who want to take admission in the B.Ed course.The test is conducted in the districts of Andhra Pradesh. The test consists of 150 multiple choice questions. The duration given to complete the test is 2 hours. There are 3 parts in total in the exam whereas Part A and Part B are common for all the test – takers and Part C is according to the methodology chosen by the candidates.
AP EdCET 2020 Result Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : You can check your AP EdCET 2020 result at she.ap.gov.in.
Ans : The candidates need to enter the registration number and EDcet hall ticket number for viewing the result.
Ans : You can download AP EdCET rank card by entering the EdCET registration number, hall ticket number and date of birth.
Ans : The candidates need to get minimum of 25% marks out of the total marks.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.