Syllabus for the subjects under Part-A, Part-B, and Part-C of the Education Common Entrance Test.
Part A: General English
- Reading Comprehension.
- Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling.
- Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms.
- Transformation of Sentences – Simple, Compound and Complex. Voices, Direct Speech, and Indirect Speech.
Part B: General Knowledge & Teaching Aptitude
- Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general knowledge of the environment around him and its application to society.
- Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific outlook as is expected of an educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Ecology, Economics, General Policy and Scientific Research.
- Teaching requires certain characteristics like ability to communicate, ability to deal with Children, ability to recognize individual differences etc., apart from analytical thinking and general intelligence. One who has these characteristics will be able to become a good teacher after training. Questions relating to these aspects will be included to test one’s teaching aptitude.
Part C: One of the following subjects to be opted
- Mathematics (MS)
- Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) (PS)
- Biological Sciences (Botany and Zoology) (BS)
- Social Studies (Geography, History, Civics, and Economics) (SS)
(For these four subjects Syllabus shall be of graduation level (revised common core degree syllabus)
- English [Special English in B.A.]
The Syllabus for Part C for Subject: English shall cover.
(A) Syllabus pertaining to English for Classes VIII, IX and X and that for the Two-Year Intermediate course of A.P-50 Questions (50 Marks).
- Language functions
- Elements of Phonetics
- Phrasal Verbs (idioms)
- Writing skills
- Study skills
- Reference skills
(B) Syllabus prescribed for Optional English at B.A. Degree Level (B.A.Special English)/Modern Literature Syllabus in English-50 Questions (50 marks).