Goa MBBS/BDS Admission 2021: Goa MBBS/BDS Admission is done on the basis of NEET UG 2021 exam. The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa is the counselling conducting authority for admissions to MBBS and BDS courses in the state. Candidates aspiring for admission to MBBS and BDS courses are required to appear and qualify NEET-2021 conducted by NTA. Selection of candidates is done through a counselling procedure on the basis of the merit list. Selected candidates are admitted to GMC and GDC. Check here complete details about Goa MBBS Admission 2021.
For NEET 2021 – Click Here
Latest: DTE Goa has released the notification for to MBBS, BDS, BHMS(Homeopathy), BAMS(Ayurveda), Allied Health Sciences(Paramedical), B.Sc. in Nursing & B.V.Sc.&A.H. courses. Check more details is given below.
Goa MBBS/BDS Admission Through NEET 2021
The Candidates must note that admissions to 85% state quota seats in Goa Medical College and Goa Dental Colleges are provided by DTE Goa. Furthermore, admission to all India quota 15% seats is provided by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). Candidates can check the schedule for Goa MBBS Admission 2020 from the table given below:
Schedule for Goa MBBS/BDS Admission 2021
|Start date of receiving forms||Notified on 01 May|
|Last date for receiving forms||to be announced|
Goa MBBS/BDS Admission 2021 Notification
Click here to download the notification.
Goa MBBS/BDS Admission 2021 Application Form
The application form for Goa MBBS 2021 Admission will be available at dte.goa.gov.in. All the candidates who qualify NEET 2021 exam with minimum required score are eligible for the counselling process. To take part in the counselling process on the basis of NEET, candidates need to fill the application form. Applicants are required to enter their Personal Details, Educational Qualification Details and other details in the application form. Incomplete application forms are liable for rejection.
Documents to be enclosed with Goa MBBS/BDS Admission 2021 Application Form
The applicants must attach self-attested copies of the following documents with the application form.
- 2 recent passport size identical photos, one to be affixed to the application form and other one to be pasted on the Acknowledgement Card.
- Class 12 Marksheet
- Birth Certificate
- Residence Certificate with a minimum period of 10 years of continuous residence in Goa
- Transfer/Leaving Certificate from school/college last attended
- Income Certificate, for those who want to avail fee concession
- Non-migrant Caste Certificate for SC/ST
- Non-migrant and non-creamy Layer Caste Certificate for OBC
- PwD Certificate, if applicable
- Relevant Certificate for children of freedom fighters of Goa
- Service Certificate of parents for children of Goa state / central government employees
- Residence Certificate for children of persons residing in Goa
- Relevant Certificate for children of Ex-Servicemen
- Nativity Certificate of parent/grandparent for children of Goan Natives
- Relevant Certificates for NRI/OCI/PIO/Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries
Goa MBBS/BDS Admission 202 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility conditions as given by Directorate of Technical Education, Goa. The eligibility criteria are explained below:
- The applicants must be Indian Nationals.
- The NRI candidates holding Indian passports can also fill the application form. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply under the NRI Category.
Age Criteria: The applicant must have completed the age of 17 years on or before December 31, 2021 to be eligible for admission.
- The candidate must have passed class 12 from GBSHSE (Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education) or an equivalent exam with English as one of the subjects.
- During 12th or equivalent qualification, the candidates must have secured at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together.
- For SC/ST/OBC candidates, 40% marks are required while for PwD candidates, minimum of 45% aggregate marks are required in these subjects.
NEET 2020 – The candidates must appear and obtain a valid score at NEET UG 2021 to be eligible for Goa MBBS/BDS Admission 2021.
Goa MBBS/BDS Admission 2021 Seat Matrix
There are a total of 180 MBBS seats in Goa Medical College, Bambolim and 50 BDS seats in Goa Dental College, Bambolim, admissions to which are granted based on NEET 2021. This seats details as per last year. Check the category-wise breakup of seats below.
Goa MBBS/BDS Admission 2021 Merit List
The Directorate of Technical Education publishes the merit list on its official website and notice board of the Admission Centre. Goa MBBS 2020 Merit List is prepared on the basis of the NEET 2021 All India Rank (AIR) / score/ percentile. It consists of the details such as qualified candidate’s name, percentile score, state rank, total marks obtained, etc. All the candidates whose names pop up in the merit list are called for counselling process for admission to the respective colleges.
First, a Provisional Merit List is published. If the candidates find any discrepancy in the provisional merit list, they must report the same to the Chairman of the Admission Committee in writing within 24 hours. Then, a Final Merit List is prepared and displayed.
Goa MBBS/BDS Admission 2021 Counselling
The candidates whose names appear in the merit list are eligible to appear for counselling. DTE, Goa conducts physical admission/counselling rounds at its Admission Centre. The willing candidates must be physically present for the admission as per the schedule with Acknowledgement Card, original documents and fee. The candidates have to provide their preference for seats as per their merit order. After getting selected for admission, the candidates are examined by the Medical Board of Goa Medical College. Only those candidates who are found medically fit are allotted a seat. After getting a seat, one has to report at the allotted institute within 3 working days of seat allotment.
Goa MBBS/BDS Admission 2021 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the fee structure from the table below.
|Admission Fee (one time)||Rs 1500|
|Tuition Fee (per semester)||Rs 45000|
|Institutional Fee (including deposits)||Rs 2000|
|Development Fee (per semester)||Rs 10000|
Mode of Payment: The candidates are required to pay the above mentioned amount using cash/card/net-banking at the bank fee counter set up at the admission centre.
Fee Concession: Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC are eligible for 50% concession in tuition fee. Also, candidates belonging to FF/PwD/ESM categories are eligible for 30% concession.
|Gymkhana Fees (Per Term)||Rs 100|
|Annual Social Gathering (Yearly)||Rs 100|
|Student Aid Fund (Yearly)||Rs 50|
|Magazine Fee (Yearly)||Rs 100|
|Dissection charges (One time)||Rs 100|
|Identity Card (One Time)||Rs 50|
|Microscope charges (One time)||Rs 100|
|Library Fee / Deposit (Refundable)||Rs 650|
|Caution money (Refundable)||Rs 650|
|Insurance Fee||Rs 100|
|Total Institutional fee||Rs 2000|
|Hostel Rent (Per Term)||Rs 2700|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs 1000|
|Hostel Maintenance Fee (Per Term)||Rs 2500|
|Total Hostel Fee||Rs 6200|
|Hostel Mess Fee (per month)||Rs 3950|
About Directorate of Technical Education, Goa
Directorate of Technical Education, Goa was established in 1986 by the Government of Goa. The aim of the DTE is to
- Facilitate new Technical Education Institutions and Courses in the State of Goa.
- Promote Technical Education through Board of Technical Education, in the State of Goa.
- Facilitate Centralized Admission to Technical and Professional Institutes to the students of the State of Goa.
Official Website: dte.goa.gov.in
For more details about Goa MBBS/BDS Admission 2020- Download Prospectus
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.