Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2018 is managed by Himachal Pradesh University. It is necessary that the students who wish to participate in the MBBS counseling for Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2018 first qualify the National Eligibility Entrance Test-UG 2018. Himachal Pradesh university or any other private institute will not conduct any state level entrance exam for granting admission to students in the various medical colleges across the state of Himachal Pradesh. Thus, candidates who wish to get admission in the medical colleges of Himachal Pradesh need to select Himachal Pradesh as their domicile state and need to be eligible for the state quota admission for MBBS/ BDS courses of Himachal Pradesh. This admission process will be done through NEET (UG) 2018 exam which is conducted by the Central Board Of Secondary Education (CBSE). You can get the complete details about the Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2018 on this page below.
Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2018
Candidates need to note that the admission into the medical colleges of Himachal Pradesh is highly dependent on the NEET 2018 exam. Hence, it is completely mandatory that the candidates who wish to participate in the HP MBBS Admission process 2018 appear for the NEET 2018 exam. The admission process for HP state quota will commence only after the NEET (UG) 2018 results have been announced. The table below comprises of all the important events for the Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2018.
|Availability of HP MBBS Application Form||12 Jun 2018|
|Last date to submit application form||20 Jun 2018|
|Last date for reporting the colleges (MBBS)||18 Aug 2018|
|Last date for reporting the colleges (BDS)||15 Sep 2018|
|Date of Second round counselling||19 to 21 Aug 2018|
- Click here to check the notice for the revised 2nd Mop-up round of BDS counselling 2018.
- Click here to check the notice for 2nd Mop-up round of BDS counselling 2018.
- Click here to check the notice for Mop-up round of BDS counselling 2018.
- Click here to check the notice for filling vacant seats of MBBS under Management quota in MMMC Solan.
- Click here to check the notice regarding the postponement of Mop Up Round Counselling.
- Click here to check the notice for admission to BDS course against vacant seats.
- Click here to check the notice regarding admission letter.
- Click here to check the notice issued by the Himachal Pradesh University.
Himachal Pradesh University has released the notice regarding the schedule of second round of counselling- MBBS/BDS Courses-2018 and tentative Vacancy Position of MBBS/BDS courses for second Round of Counseling-2018-19. Candidates are advised to check these from the link provided below.
- Click here to check the list of the candidates sponsored provisionally by the Centralized counselling committee duringMop-Up round counselling.
- Click here to check the list of Candidates called for Mop-Up round of BDS counselling to be held on September 05, 2018.
- Click here to check Tentative Vacancy Position of BDS course for Mop-Up Round of counselling
- Click here to check the list of candidates sponsored in the second round of counselling to MBBS course in Govt. Medical Colleges.
- Click here to check the list of candidates sponsored in the second round of counselling to BDS course in Govt./Pvt. Dental Colleges.
- Click here to check Tentative Vacancy Position of MBBS/BDS courses for second Round of Counseling-2018-19.
- Click here to check the notice regarding the schedule of second round of counselling- MBBS/BDS Courses-2018.
- Click here to check the BDS Admission Letters of candidates sponsored in the Mop-Up round.
- Click here to check the Second Round BDS Admission Letters of HP Govt. Dental College Shimla
- Click Here to check the BDS Admission Letters of HP Govt. Dental College Shimla
- Click Here to check the BDS Admission Letters of Himachal Dental College Sunder Nagar, Mandi
- Click Here to check the BDS Admission Letters of MNDAV Dental College Tatul, Solan
- Click Here to check the BDS Admission Letters of Bhojia Dental College Nalagarh
- Click Here to check the BDS Admission Letters of Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences, Paonta Sahib
- Click Here to check the MBBS Admission Letters of MMMC, Kumarhatti, Solan
- Click Here to check the MBBS Admission Letters of Dr. RKGMC, Hamirpur
- Click Here to check the MBBS Admission Letters of Pt. JLNGMC, Chamba
- Click Here to check the MBBS Admission Letters of LBSGMC, Mandi
- Click Here to check the MBBS Admission Letters of IGMC, Shimla.
- Click Here to check the MBBS Admission Letters of Dr. RPGMC, Tanda
- Click Here to check the MBBS Admission Letters of Dr. YSPGMC, Nahan
Merit List For Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2018
The provisional General Combined Merit of all categories along with its category-wise merit list of the candidates who applied ONLINE successfully by using the website of H.P. University within prescribed schedule on the basis of result/merit of NEET-UG-2018 for admission to MBBS/BDS courses under State/Management Quota in Govt. Medical/Dental Colleges including Private Medical/Dental colleges of the State of Himachal Pradesh for the academic session 2018-19 is hereby notified that they have to appear in the counselling process.
- Click here to check the waiting list of candidates for filling vacant seats under Management Quota in MMMC, Kumarhatti, Solan-2018.
- Click here to check List of the Second round counselling of candidates called for admission to MBBS-BDS course for the academic session 2018.
- Click here to check Merit List of MBBS Admission 2018.
- Click Here to check the Rejection List of Application Forms.
- Click Here to check the corrigendum with reference to Merit List.
The candidature of the candidates is purely provisional subject to fulfillment of the prescribed eligibility criteria which shall have to be finally checked/verified by the Counselling Committee/Principal of the colleges concerned at the time of counselling/admission. Merely assigning the rank in this merit list under the category concerned does not confer any right for admission. However, the admission of the candidates shall be made subject to fulfillment of the prescribed eligibility criteria of the prospectus and further subject to availability of seats in order of merit in the Medical/Dental Colleges.
Application Form For Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2018
The application form for the Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2018 made available in the online mode on the official website of the H.P. University. Candidates who have appeared for the NEET 2018 exam and fulfill all the eligibility norms to get admissions in the state college of HP will have to register themselves for the process. The application fees for the HP admission application form will be approx Rs 1800 for the general category students whereas the application fees for the reserved category students will be approx Rs 900. The application fees have to be paid during the registration process as the registration is incomplete without the fees paid.
Application Form: Click Here to download the application form for 2nd Mop-Up round of BDS counselling 2018.
Eligibility Criteria For Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2018
It is compulsory that the candidates ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria laid down by the state board to make sure that they do not get disqualified from the process. Hence, we have listed a few eligibility criteria for your reference.
- An applicant who is a domicile of the state of Himachal Pradesh who has qualified the NEET-UG can apply ONLINE for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses through counselling in Government Medical/Dental Colleges. They will also be eligible for the State Quota seats in Private un-aided Medical/Dental Colleges in Himachal Pradesh.
- Candidates have to pass at least two exams out of the exams mentioned below from the recognized schools or colleges located in the State of Himachal Pradesh and affiliated to ICSE/CBSE/H.P. Board of School Education or equivalent Boards/Universities established by the law in India: (a) middle or equivalent (b) Matric or equivalent (c) 10+1 or equivalent (d) 10+2 or equivalent
- Candidates who are Himachali Bonafide and are admitted to Navodya Schools present in Himachal Pradesh will also be eligible for admission to the referred courses. The ones who have passed matriculation or +2 examinations under the exchange programme from other Navodya Schools in the country will also be eligible for the same.
- Candidates must have passed the Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English separately.
- Candidates falling under the categories mentioned below are spared from the condition of passing the examination from recognized schools affiliated to ICSE/CBSE/HP Board of School Education and located within Himachal Pradesh. This will be provided that the applicants of theses categories should be Bonafide Himachali and their father/mother are living outside Himachal Pradesh on account of their service/posting/private occupation. In such cases, non-schooling in Himachal Pradesh will not exclude them from competing against any of the seats whether reserved or otherwise (except backward area seats):- (i) Children of Defense Personnel/Ex-Servicemen (ii) Children of serving/retired employees of Central Government/U.T./Other State Governments and Children of employees of the Autonomous Organizations/Semi Government Bodies of Central Government/U.T./Other State Governments. (iii)Children of employees of HImachal Government/H.P. Govt. Undertaking/Autonomous Bodies wholly owned by H.P. Government. (iv) Children of employees of Private Sector / Private occupation. *Note: (A) Candidates claiming exemption for passing two examination from the schools located in Himachal Pradesh under the Category (iv) as mentioned above, has to pass their schooling from the schools located in the place/station where their parents are residing. (B) Applicants claiming exemption for passing two exams from H.P School(s) under the categories as mentioned in sub-clauses (ii) & (iv) above of clause also needs to submit a certificate on the prescribed format with the application form in original, as applicable. (C) The merit list of qualified candidates of NEET-UG who applied online to the university within the given time will only be drawn by the University. The candidates who won’t be found qualified in NEET, their application forms will be rejected without any notice and names of such candidates will not be included in the merit list. The application fee will not be refunded in any case.
- For the Management Quota Seats in private un-aided Medical/Dental Colleges in the State of Himachal Pradesh, they will be filled up from the qualified candidates of NEET-UG 2017 in order of merit drawn by the University for which there will be no Bonafide Himachali/Domicile and schooling conditions. Under this quota, both Himachali and Non-Himachali (Indian National) interested candidates can apply online for admission to MBBS/BDS courses through counselling subject to fulfillment of minimum educational qualification and age etc. as prescribed. *P.S.:- Candidates who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria as prescribed for State Quota Seats, will be considered only for Management Quota seats, if otherwise they are interested.
Eligibility Criteria for NRI Candidates
NRI students are the wards of Indian Citizen residing abroad and who have passed their qualifying examination i.e. 12th standard which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or any other equivalent examinations with the required subjects from the School/Colleges/University located abroad. Provided that they have qualified in NEET-UG.
The seats under the category will be filled up by the centralized Counselling Committee from the candidates who have qualified in NEET-UG and fulfill all the conditions as prescribed in the prospectus. Aspiring candidates can apply online for it. Although, they need to possess the minimum educational qualifications with required % of marks and age limit as prescribed. the selection will be made on the basis of merit/rank of NEET-UG by the Centralized Counselling Committee as per merit drawn under NRI category. the NRI candidates have to produce a certificate of equivalence of their qualifying examination clearly showing the subject-wise % of marks and stream duly issued by the Association of Indian Universities, AIU House, Kotla Marg, New Delhi-110002.
NRI candidates need to have the photocopies of the documents/certificates mentioned below. The documents need to be duly self-attested and it is to be submitted with the print out of the online Application Form in support of their claim for seeking admission under NRI seats:-
- Admit Card and Result Card of NEET-UG.
- A copy of Non-Resident Indian Card/Employment Card issued by the Employer.
- A copy of Immigration/Employment visa entry on passport along with the details of the Passport.
- A copy of Certificate issued by the Indian Embassy/High Commission in the Country where the NRI is residing.
- A copy of the latest assessment order of the income authority, either in India or in
the country of Employment filed in the status of Non-Resident Indian.
- A copy of having passed the Matriculation or its equivalent examination showing
date of birth.
- A copy of having passed the plus one or its equivalent examination from abroad.
- A copy of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) from
abroad with details of subject-wise marks.
- A certificate of good conduct/character from the Principal of the School/College.
- A copy of equivalence certificate as per requirement mentioned above duly issued
by the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission Process 2018
A total number of 450 seats available for MBBS admissions in the state of Himachal Pradesh. There are 340 seats available for BDS admissions in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Candidates who wish to get admission into the MBBS/BDS courses they need to appear for the NEET 2018 exam. After getting a merit in the NEET entrance exam, candidates have to separately register for the state admission counseling process. After the counseling is done, candidates will be allotted the college as per their rank in the NEET 2018.
List Of Colleges For Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2018
Here is the list of colleges in which the candidates will be granted admission to through the Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2018.
|Name and Address of Medical College / Medical Institution||Management of College||Annual Intake (Seats)|
|Dr. Rajendar Prasad Government Medical College, Tanda, H.P||Govt.||100|
|Government Medical College, Nahan, Sirmour H.P.||Govt.||100|
|Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||Govt.||100|
|Maharishi Markandeshwar Medical College & Hospital, Solan||Trust||150|
|Bhojia Dental College & Hospital, Nalagarh||Private||60|
|H.P. Govt. Dental College & Hospital, Shimla||Govt.||60|
|Himachal Dental College, Sunder Nagar||Private||60|
|Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences, Paonta Sahib||Private||100|
|M.N.D.A.V. Dental CollegOfficial Website: e & Hospital, Solan||Private||60|
Official Website: https://www.hpuniv.nic.in/
Note: Click Here to check the notice in respect of Chapter-IV.4(a) at Page-18 of Prospectus.
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.