HP University B.Tech Admission 2020: Application form for HP University B.Tech Admission 2020 has been extended now. Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) Shimla offers admission to B.Tech course for various branches like IT, CSE, CE, EE & ECE for the academic year 2020 – 21. Admission of the candidate is done on the basis of the entrance test conducted by the university. Candidates who have passed in class 12th with minimum 50% marks are eligible to fill the online application form from the official website. A merit list will be prepared for the qualified candidates on the basis of their performance in the entrance test. Scroll down to check more information about HP University B.Tech Admission 2020 from this page.
Latest: HP University B.Tech (Lateral Entry) Admission 2020 Application Form submission deadline extended now. Scroll down to get the link.
HP University B.Tech Admission 2020
If the two candidates get the same marks, then the candidate higher in age gets more preference. The following table indicates the different events and important dates of HPU B.Tech 2020 admission. Schedule for the HPU B.Tech Admission 2020 is given below:
|Date of activation of the online submission form (Fresh entry) or to download the Application form (Lateral entry)||12 May 2020|
|Last Date of submission of application form|
|Last Date of submission of application form (Lateral Entry)|
|Last date of correction in the application form|
|Last Date for submission of PDF of application form in UIIT office|
|Activation of downloadable Admit Card||To be announced|
|Date of Entrance test for Fresh entry||To be announced|
|Date of Declaration of Entrance Exam Result||To be announced|
|Display of Counseling Schedule on UIIT website for fresh entry||To be announced|
|Date of First counseling for fresh entry||To be announced|
|Date of counseling for Lateral entry||To be announced|
|Date of Commencement of Classes (for all semesters)||To be announced|
HP University B.Tech Admission 2020 Application Extension Notice
September 10, 2020: Himachal Pradesh University has further extended up to application form for B.Tech course (2 Courses) Lateral Entry up to September 15, 2020. Check the official notice below image.
July 15, 2020: Himachal Pradesh University is receiving applications for B.Tech course until July 31, 2020. An official notification in this regard is attached below.
Click here to check the extension notice given above as pdf.
HP University B.Tech Admission 2020 Application Form
Interested and Eligible candidates who want to take admission in Himachal Pradesh University as per schedule may fill their application from the official website on or before the last date. Candidates can click on the below link to fill the online application form:
Apply here: Click here to fill the HP University B.Tech Admission 2020 Application Form.
Instructions to fill Online Application Form:
- Candidates have to click on the above-given link to fill the online application form.
- Then, they have to enter the asked details and click on the register button to create login credentials.
- Next, the login credentials are sent to the email ID. Candidates have to log in and enter the personal details, academic details, communication details etc.
- After that, candidates have to upload the image and documents and click on the submit button.
- Then, candidates have to pay the application fee via online mode.
- At last., candidates have to take a print out of the confirmation page for further use.
HP University B.Tech Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are willing to apply for HP University B.Tech Admission 2020 must ensure their eligibility criteria. Check the eligibility criteria for HP University B.Tech Admission 2020 from below:
For B.Tech (1st Year):
- Candidates must have passed in class 12th with Physics, Mathematics and any one of the other elective subjects with minimum 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ ST Categories).
- The upper age of the candidate should not be more than 22 years.
For Lateral Entry (2nd Year):
- Candidates should have possessed a 3 year of diploma in IT/CSE/CE/EE/ECE after 12th with minimum 60% marks.
- Possessed a B.Sc degree in Science with Mathematics and Physics with minimum 60% marks.
For detailed eligibility criteria, candidates can check the information brochure given on this page.
HP University B.Tech Admission 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can check the syllabus for entrance test from below:
- System of Particles
- Bulk Properties of Matters
- Wave Motion
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Atomic and Nuclear Physics
- Semiconductor Physics and Electronics
- General Topics
- Gaseous And Liquid States
- Atomic Structure And Chemical Bonding
- Solid State
- Isolation/Preparation and Properties of the Following Elements and Compounds
- Transition elements (3d series)
- Preparation, Properties and Reactions of Alkanes, Alkenes and Alkynes
- Reactions of benzene
- Alkyl halides
- Amino acids and peptides
- Properties and uses of some important Polymers
- Analytical Geometry of Two Dimensions
- Integration, Differential Equations
HP University B.Tech Admission 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern for HP University B.Tech Admission 2020 from below:
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 100
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Marks/ questions: +2 marks
- Negative marking: 0.5 marks are deducted for each incorrect answer
|Subject||Number of questions|
HP University B.Tech Admission 2020 Admit card
HP University will publish the admit card for the entrance test on the official website. Candidates can get their admit cards by login on to the official website. Candidates will require their registration ID and password to download the admit card. Candidates have to carry the admit card at the exam centre to get an entry in the exam hall. Candidates are advised to keep the admit card safe till the counselling procedure because they have to produce it at the time of counselling.
HP University B.Tech Admission 2020 Examination Centres
There are six examination centers for the Entrance Test, two in Himachal Pradesh and two outside H.P. Check it from the table below:
|Himachal Pradesh||Shimla, Dharamshala, Mandi & Hamirpur|
|Outside Himachal Pradesh||Chandigarh & Delhi|
HPU B.Tech 2020 Result
Entrance Exam Result will be announced by HP University. Candidates can check their Result from the official website or through the direct link which will be provided below. Merit will be determined on the basis of aggregate marks obtained by candidates in the common entrance test and a common merit list will be prepared for B. Tech. IT & CSE and admission will be given in the order of course preference given by the candidate in the counseling form.
HP University B.Tech Admission 2020 Counseling
After the declaration of result, information regarding the counselling will be published on the official website. A merit will be released for the appeared candidates in the entrance test. On the basis of the merit list, seats will be allotted to candidates. A final merit list will be prepared for those candidates who will take part in the counselling round. At the time of counselling, candidates have to bring the original documents for verification.
HP University B.Tech Admission 2020 Fee Structure
Check the fee structure for HP University B.Tech Admission 2020 from below:
Official website: hpuniv.ac.in
For more detail of HP University B.Tech Admission 2020 – Download Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.