VTUEEE 2019 – Vel Tech University conducts Vel Tech University Engineering Entrance Exam (VTUEEE) for admission to various B.Tech courses, that it offers. Candidates achieving merit can avail various attractive scholarship schemes, that this deemed University offers. VTUEEE 2019 is conducted in two phases – 1 and 2. Both the phases is conducted in Online and Offline mode. VTUEEE 2019 result for phase – I has been released on the official website, www.veltech.edu.in. The candidates who will appear for the Phase 2 need to follow the revised Fee Structure of 2019. The candidates can also apply for admission in the Vel Tech University by Phase 3, in which there is no entrance examination for direct admission. By clearing this university-level admission test will be able to choose and pursue one of the 10 engineering disciplines, that this University offers. To know more about VTUEEE 2019 admission related details, keep reading this article!
The Vel Tech University has already commenced with its application procedure on its official website on September 13, 2018, onwards. VTUEEE 2019 brochure, along with the important dates have been released. VTUEEE 2019 in online mode is said to be conducted on December 29 and December 30, 2018, whereas in offline mode, it is said to be conducted on January 26 and 27, 2019. Get here complete details of VTUEEE 2019 including dates, application form, admit card, result. To start with, the schedule of the VTUEEE 2019 is as follows.
|VTUEEE 2019||Phase I||Phase II|
|Difference b/w Phase 1 and 2||Those who appear in Phase I will avail fee structure 2018.||Those who appear in Phase II will avail fee structure 2019.|
|Application Process Commences||13 Sep 2018||13 Sep 2018|
|Last Date To Apply||–||2nd week of Apr 2019|
|Admit Card Release Date||13 Dec 2018||2nd week of Apr 2019|
|VTUEEE 2019 (Online Mode)||29th & 30th December 2018||25 to 28 Apr 2019|
|VTUEEE 2019 (Offline Mode)||26th & 27th January 2019||25 to 28 Apr 2019|
|Result Declaration Date||15th February 2019||5th May 2019|
Vel Tech University
With the vision of its founder, Col. Prof. Vel .Dr. R. Rangarajan to uplift the status of the society by educating people, this deemed university was established in the year 1956 under the UGC Act. It has a whopping campus of 103 acres in the State of Tamil Nadu, other than having 12 regional administrative offices. The university offers 23 B.Tech programs and also more programs in collaboration with international universities. Those who wish to appear in VTUEEE must fill and submit VTUEEE 2019 application form.
All the courses it offers are AICTE accredited. Other than courses related to the filed of engineering(both at UG and PG level), it also offers some courses in the field of management, law, media and communication. Undergraduate engineering admissions to Veltech Dr.RR & Dr.SR University is on basis of VTUEEE 2019. And the curriculum opted by the University is that of CBCS. As per the World University Rankings 2017 Vel Tech University ranks at 74th in world, and 43rd in Asia and ranks 58 as per NIRF rankings.
Admission at Vel Tech University by Phase III
The candidates can also apply for admission in the BTech program offered at the Vel Tech University by Phase III. In this phase, the candidates need not require to appear for the entrance examination and can directly apply for admission. The Aspirants can block their seat for admission in Vel Tech by paying an amount of Rs.24000/-. However, they do need to register and fill in details in the BTech Phase III Admission 2019. The fee is payable by Online mode only.
Eligibility Criteria for Applying for Phase III
Candidates who seek admission to B.Tech Degree Programmes should have either completed or appearing for, any one of the following examinations as on March 2019:
- Should have completed 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by any State Board, CBSE, CISCE, etc.
- Candidates from NIOS are also eligible to apply.
- Should have secured a minimum of 50% marks in MPC in 10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination for admission into B.Tech programmes 2019.
VTUEEE 2019 B.Tech Courses Offered
Candidates qualifying VTUEEE 2019 will be able to pursue any of the following B.Tech specializations, as mentioned below. These B.Tech courses will be for a duration of 3 years, like any other private universities.
- Automobile Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Biotechnology Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
VTUEEE Eligibility Criteria 2019
In order to apply for VTUEEE 2019, a candidate must abide by the eligibility norms, as laid by the University for admission purposes. To appear in VTU 2019 engineering entrance examination, candidates must fulfill these eligibility criteria, as listed below.
- Candidate should have passed in 10+2 or its equivalent level from a recognised Board.
- Also those who would be appearing in 10+2 exam in the year 2019 will also be considered eligible appear for VTUEEE 2019.
- For availing Veltech Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship, the state of qualifying 10+2 will be taken as state of nativity of the candidate.
Eligibility criteria for Vel Tech Lateral Entry Into B.Tech
And interested candidate who fulfills either of these eligibility norms is eligible to apply for lateral entry into B.Tech:
- One should have completed his or her Diploma in Engineering or Technology awarded by the State Board of Technical Education or its equivalent.
- All those who have a degree in Science (B.Sc.,) (10+2+3 stream) with Mathematics as a subject at the senior secondary level.
VTUEEE 2019 Application Form
Interested candidates can start applying online for VTUEEE 2019 on the official website of the University. The direct link has also been made available over the”VTUEEE 2019 Application Form” page under the quick links section. To avoid the last minute rush, candidate after ensuring the eligibility criteria and going through other important guidelines, can start applying now!
VTUEEE 2019 Online Application Form
- Visit the official website i.e www.veltech.edu.in or access the direct link from our pages. Make the form fee using via any of the available online payment gateways – Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
VTUEEE 2019 Offline Application Form
- Send a demand draft, along with the form fee and an official letter mentioning your full address in favour of ” Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology”, payable at Chennai, to The Director – UG Admission.
- Get the offline application form from any of the University regional administrative centers, by making a cash payment of the form fee.
- By submitting the demand draft in person and getting the offline form from the University campus, itself.
VTUEEE 2019 Application Form Fee – Rs. 950/-
Mode of Payment – Online( Net Banking/Credit/Debit Card) or Offline( Cash/Demand Draft)
VTUEEE 2019 Hall Ticket/Admit Card
All the candidate will receive the VTUEEE 2019 hall ticket, two weeks prior to the actual exam date. The vel University wouldn’t be responsible for the loss or non receipt of the admit cards for the exam via post. Also, e-hall ticket could be downloaded from the application portal of VTUEEE 2019 by entering the application number and the password, allotted at the time of registration. The University has clearly advised to contact in the helpline number in case he or she has not received the admit cards via post. Candidates must check the official website of Veltech Dr.RR & Dr.SR University admission regularly after applying to be aware of admit card release. No notification will be individually sent. Moreover the instructions printed in the admit card need to be read and understood.
VTUEEE 2019 Exam Centers
VTU has announced list of exam centres (cities) for the year 2019. There are overall 86 cities, from which a candidate needs to opt for the most convenient one, as per his or her desire. Once the exam center has been allotted, the University won’t be entertaining any requests regarding its change. The exact address of the VTUEEE 2019 centers will be printed on the admit cards for the exam.
VTUEEE 2019 Exam Pattern / Syllabus
VTUEEE 2019 exam paper is said to be somewhat similar to level of JEE Main paper. Those who will appear in VTUEEE 2019 need to prepare for the exam in accordance with the scheme of exam. Below we have mentioned the exam pattern for the entrance exam.
- Question Type: MCQ
- Duration of the exam: 3 hours
- Mode of Appearing: CBT or PPT
- Negative Marking Scheme: Applicable of 1/4 marks.
- For Correct response: +4 marks will be allotted.
- Total Marks: 360 marks
|Subject||Number of questions|
To know the VTUEEE 2019 Syllabus, candidates can have a look at the links provided below. By clicking on these clicks, you will be able to find the list of important topics, that you would need to prepare to clear VTUEEE 2019. Candidates can download the same, that too all free of cost.
How to prepare for VTUEEE 2019?
A candidate will require to word hard and stay focused, while preparing for VTUEEE 2019. VTUEEE 2019 is said to be of moderate level of exam. Students who wish to get good marks in the examination can follow the preparatory tips for the preparation of VTUEEE 2019.
- Start Today – Go through all the topics that you need to prepare and without much delay start your preparations, right away!
- Make a preparation schedule – A study plan will help you to do focused study. Make sure the preparation chart you prepare, you follow it religiously. Make a list of the topics and give more time to your weaker subject. Emphasize that you devote enough time to each of the topics, and still have some time to revise.
- Chuck Rot Learning, Go For In depth Knowledge – When you have to learn the things along with the chapters from NCERT books, make sure you not only learn them blindly, Rather, pay more attention to concept clarification.
- Solve More and More Papers – Solve as many sample papers as you can. Try to solve previous year question papers. It will help you to understand the exam pattern and time management and also to get an idea regarding the questions that may be asked in the exam.
- Give time time to each subject – Candidates must give equal weightage to all the subjects( as all the 3 sections carry equal marks), make a timetable subject wise and follow it daily. Study around 5-6 hours a day, by taking breaks in between.
Important Authentic Material – Candidates can consult the list of important books for VTUEEE 2019, as mentioned below. Though, the University would advise every applicant to prepare or consult from NCERT books. So, maybe once a candidate is done preparing from NCERT materials, one can consult the following books.
|Important Books||Link To Buy|
|Handbook of Physics||Buy Here|
|Problems In Mathematics with Hints and Solutions||Buy Here|
|Advanced Problems in Organic Chemistry||Buy Here|
VTUEEE Result 2019
All the candidates who had appeared for VTUEEE 2019 will be able to view or download their scorecard as per the dates released on their application portal. Candidate’s total marks will be basis on the marks secured in each of the 3 sections – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics sections. Furthermore, the University will be preparing and releasing the merit/rank list based on the total marks secured by every applicant.
The results for Phase 1 will be declared on 15th February 2019, whereas for Phase 2, it will be announced on 5th May 2019. Candidate will be notified over their registered email regarding the release of the VTUEEE 2019 Results. Note that, there will be no provision for re-evaluation or re-totaling of marks and the University will not be entertaining any requests regarding the same. Also candidates cannot avail photocopies of answer sheets. As per the cutoff marks, the University will be calling a bunch of students who matches to that cut off mark for a counseling round. Different B.Tech discipline will be having a different cutoff mark. Candidates will be called for this round once the results of both the phases have been announced. Finally, after clearing this last admission round, a candidate will be allotted an engineering seat.
Vel Tech University offers nearly 300 scholarship schemes with the aim of encouraging and providing financial assistance to its candidates. The University, till date has provided to various eligible candidates which nearly amounts to Rs.30 crores( in 2017). These below scholarship schemes, every year are distributed by renowned personalities.
Vel Tech Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship in Tuition Fee for B.Tech Programs
PCM / BPC topper from each state among candidates who get admission gets 100% scholarship.
Scholarship on basis of PCM or BPC aggregate
|PCM or BPC aggregate||Percentage of scholarship in tuition fee|
|90 – 94.9%||50%|
|80 – 89.9%||25%|
|70 – 79.9%||10%|
Scholarship on basis of VTUEEE Rank
|Rank holders in VTUEEE 2019 from each state||Percentage of scholarship in tuition fee|
|Top 20 ranks||75%|
|Rank 21 – 500||50%|
VTUEEE 2019 Fee Structure
Candidates getting admission in Veltech University through VTUEEE 2019 phase I will indeed avail benefit of past year fee structure. However admission takers from VTUEEE 2019 phase II shall pay fee as per 2019 structure.
|Tuition Fee||Phase I||Phase II|
|Actual||Rs 1,70,000||Rs 1,90,000|
|More than 95% in aggregate||Rs 62,500||Rs 67,500|
|90% – 94.9% in aggregate||Rs 105,000||Rs 1,15,000|
|80% – 89.9% in aggregate||Rs 1,47,500||Rs 1,62,500|
|70% – 79.9% in aggregate||Rs 1,73,000||Rs 1,91,000|
Additional fee is applicable for programmes with specialization. Also there is a caution deposit of Rs 5000, in addition to that there will be a fee of Rs 15,000 and Rs 5,000 academic+ career advancement fee and examination fee respectively.
Official Website: www.veltech.edu.in
Click Here to Download the VTUEEE 2019 Information Brochure.