ILBS M.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam is conducted annually by the Institute of Liver & Biliary Sciences (ILBS). This exam is conducted to grant admission to candidates in the M.Sc Nursing course offered by the institute. If you wish to appear for this entrance exam it is necessary that you first register yourself for the examination.
The M.Sc program offered by the institute aims to prepare graduate students to assume responsibilities as nurse specialists, consultants, educators, administrators in a wide variety of professional settings. Once, you have completed your two-year M.Sc Nursing programme. You can apply the concepts, theories, and principles of Nursing science, you will be able to demonstrate advanced competence in the practice of Nursing and you will also be able to practice as a nurse specialist. You can get complete details about the ILBS M.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2018 on this page below.
ILBS M.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2018
Admission in this postgraduate program will be granted on the basis of the of marks obtained in the entrance test held by ILBS. Hence, it is necessary that interested candidates fill their application form before the last scheduled date to register for the examination. The application forms were available on the official website. The table below will give you a clear idea of all the important events and their schedules this will help you in keeping track of all the major events of the entrance exam.
|Commencement of Online Registration||15 Apr 2018|
|Last date for registration|
|List of eligible candidates||18 May 2018|
|Issuance of Hall Ticket|
|Date of Entrance Test||14 Jun 2018|
|Declaration of Results||14 Jun 2018|
|Date of Counselling||15 Jun 2018|
|Publishing of Merit list||18 Jun 2018|
|Cut off date for joining the course of selected candidates||30 Jun 2018|
|Release of waitlist candidates||01 Jul 2018|
|Cut off date for joining the course of waitlisted candidates||14 Jul 2018|
|Final List of candidates||17 Jul 2018|
|Commencement of course||01 Aug 2018|
You can register yourself for the entrance examination. The application form is available in the online mode on the official website and on application page on our page. It is advised to fill the application form before the last date to avoid any kind of rush. Candidates are advised to read eligiblity carefully before filling up the form.
Documents Required For Registration
You should keep the attested copies of the following certificates/documents ready as they should be scanned and enclosed at the time of applying and you will also have to submit original documents for verification at the time of admission.
- Matriculation / HSC Certificate Issued by Board / University Showing the Date of Birth.
- Basic B.Sc Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Degree Certificate with all the Mark Cards.
- Character Certificate from the Educational Institution Last Attended.
- Registration Certificate from State Nurses Registration Council (RN, RM).
- Migration Certificate.
- Recent Passport Size Photograph between (50 KB -150 KB) and Signature (10 KB – 50KB) will be required.
- Category Certificate (Category, Physically Handicap, Sponsored if applicable) should be between (100 KB – 500 KB).
- No Objection Certificate from the Currently Employed Institute – Central Govt. / State Govt. / Private.
- Any Other Document Demanded by ILBS.
Application fees- Application fee of Rs. 1000/- once paid will not be refunded even in case of his/her application is rejected.
It is advised that you go through the information brochure before registering yourself for the examination because if you fail to fulfill any criteria laid down by the institute you will not be granted admission in the course. We have listed a few eligibility criteria for your reference below.
- You should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- You should have completed your B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons.
- You should have scored a minimum of 55% aggregate marks. 5% relaxation in marks shall be given to SC / ST / OBC candidates.
- You should have undergone training in an institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- You should have at least one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing.
- You should be medically fit.
Total Number of Seats & Reservation of Seats
You can refer to the table below to get a clear idea about the total number of seats and the reservation of seats.
|Total Number Of Seats||Reservation Of Seats|
The admit card/ hall ticket for ILBS M.Sc entrance exam 2018 have been issued to you only as you have registered yourself successfully for the examination. The admit card is available in the online mode. You can download the hall tickets from the website www.ilbs.in or from the link given in the Admit Card page from 18 May 2018 by 5 pm to 13 June 2018 before 5 pm.
- Admissions are based on the marks of Qualifying Examination, Selection Test consisting of a Written Test and an Interview conducted by the Institute.
- Eligibility of Candidates is based on the Qualifying Examination
- Test Pattern: The duration of Written Test/ Entrance Examination is 1hour 30 minute. There shall be one Question Paper of 75Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) covering the
subjects of BSc Nursing.
- Merit List: Based on the marks obtained in the Entrance Examination and Counselling, a Merit List of candidates shall be declared.
- All the candidates who qualify the Entrance Examination may attend the counseling.
- A Master Merit List shall be prepared on the basis of marks obtained at the Entrance Examination and Counseling. A final list shall be prepared for the reserved categories on the basis of their performance in the selection test.
- In the case of a tie in the total marks, the marks obtained in the qualifying examinations
shall be taken into account. Rounding off of the percentage of marks to the nearest whole number is not permitted. If a tie still exists, the age of the candidate shall be taken into account, the elder shall be given preference to the younger.
- Allotment shall be notified online only and no personal intimation shall be issued. All applicants shall follow the admission schedule as in the Prospects and regularly visit the website to know further updates, changes or announcement in the schedule of allotment and admission.
- Selections shall be made based on reservation prescribed in this regulation. Candidates belonging to the reserved categories shall compete for reserved seats among themselves.
- Weightage for Sponsored Candidates from Non-Reserved Category in the merit list: Weightage of 5 marks shall be given to candidates who are in the employment of State
- Government College of Nursing/ Schools of Nursing and who are sponsored by their employer. However only one candidate (who secures the higher score in the selection test) per State/Union Territory from among the sponsored candidates of that State/Union 8 Territory shall be eligible for weightage of 5 marks.
- The sponsored candidate shall produce the sponsorship letter by the 9th June 2018. This candidate if selected shall submit a relieving letter confirming sponsorship at the time of admission.
- Claims of the candidates shall not be considered if they are absent during their turn at the time of selection. If a candidate on merit list is absent at the time of selection, then next in the merit would be selected.
- The selected candidates shall submit their original certificates to the selection committee on the day of counseling.
- If a candidate fails to pay fees within the scheduled time (as per the date specified) or after paying the fees fails to submit the certificates, his/her selection stands canceled automatically.
- The process of allotment shall continue until all the seats are filled. Admissions shall be closed as per the Indian Nursing Council notification.
A candidate aspiring for admission to M.Sc Nursing programme shall have to apply in the prescribed online application form that is complete in all aspects on or before the last date of submission. (For ONLINE APPLICATION, log on to www.ilbs.in).The candidate shall also appear in the written Entrance Examination and Interview held at Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi on the date and time advertised by the Institute.
Note: The Admission Committee duly constituted for the purpose shall prepare a Merit List on the basis of the marks obtained in the written Entrance Examination and Interview.
- Admission Committee shall display/publish the list of candidates declared eligible for admission after the due approval of the Competent Authority.
- Eligible candidates shall complete the prescribed formalities for admission within the stipulated period of time failing which they shall forfeit the admission.
Official Website: www.ilbs.in
For more details of ILBS M.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2018, Candidate can Download Information Brochure.