|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
Indian Maritime University is organising a Common Entrance Test by the title IMU CET 2018 for the academic year 2018- 2019. The CET is an All India Common Entrance Test. IMU CET 2018 for DNS will be conducted to get admission into DNS (Applied Nautical Science) Course in the area of marine. This programme are offered by the IMU and its affiliated Institution.
IMU CET 2018
The timetable for the admissions of DNS January 2018 batch and related activities are shown below.
|Starting date of online registration||15 Nov 2017|
|Last date for Online Registration||24 Nov 2017|
|Hall Ticket can be downloaded||01 Dec 2017|
|Date of CET for DNS||16 Dec 2017|
|Date for Publication of Results||26 Dec 2017|
|Date of Commencement of Programmes||15 Jan 2018|
IMU CET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
If candidates wish to apply for the IMU CET 2018, then they will be required to check these conditions without clearing which, they will not be allowed to apply for the exam. Their admission will rest on clearing these conditions first. Since, there is time in issue of IMU CET 2018 Information, we have here mentioned the criteria which was applicable on candidates who had applied last year.
- Age Limit requirement– minimum age:- 17 years and maximum age:- 25 years on or before 01st August 2018.
- Relaxation policy- 5 years for reserved category individuals
- Martial Status- Only unmarried individuals will be considered eligible
(i) For DNS
- Qualifying Exam requirement – B.E/B.Tech. Degree from I.I.T. or from a college recognized by AICTE with an average of not less than 50% of marks in the final year.
- Subjects requirement– B.Sc. in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the year, with an average of not less than 60% of marks.
- Minimum Marks requirement-The candidates should have obtained 50% marks in English language at 10th or 12th Std or in the Degree course conducted by recognized Board or any University.
(ii) For B.Sc./ B.tech
- Qualifying Exam requirement- 12th class pass
- Subjects requirement– PCM & English subjects.
- Minimum Marks requirement– minimum 60% marks in PCM & 50% marks in English.
(iii) For B.Tech (Lateral Entry)
- Qualifying Exam requirement- a Diploma in Engineering is required.
(iv) For MBA
- Qualifying Exam requirement- undergraduate degree
- Minimum Marks requirement- at least 50% marks.
(v) For M.Tech
- Qualifying Exam requirement- graduation degree
- Minimum Marks requirement– minimum 60% aggregate marks.
- Relaxation policy- 5% for SC/ST category
- Passport requirement- candidate must possess a valid passport
- Medical fitness– candidate should be medically fit. The university may demand to check a medical fitness certificate issued by Doctors approved by Director General of Shipping.
Candidates seeking admission to the DNS leading to B.Sc (Applied Nautical Science) must be physically fit and should meet the medical requirements as specified by Director General of Shipping, Mumbai. At the time of admission, candidates will be required to produce certificate of medical fitness issued by doctors approved by the Directorate General of Shipping, Mumbai.
For DGS-approved course viz. DNS Leading to B.Sc., (Nautical Science), there shall be no evidence of any morbid condition of either eye or of the lids of either eye which may be liable to risk of aggravation or recurrence.Candidates must possess good binocular vision (Fusion faculty and full field of vision in both eyes). Movement of the eyeballs must be full in all directions and the pupils should react normally to light and accommodation. Distance Vision unaided 1.0*(6/6)in better eye and 0.67*(6/9) in other eye.
Courses offered in IMU are as follows:-
The courses available in undergraduate degree are as follows:-
- 4-Year B. Tech (Marine Engineering)
- 4-Year B. Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering) c) 3-Year BBA (Logistics, Retailing and E-Commerce)
- 3-Year B. Sc (Maritime Science)
- 3-Year B. Sc (Nautical Science)
- 3-Year B. Sc (Ship Building & Repair) – This Programme is being conducted only in the Affiliated Institutes.
- 1-Year Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) leading to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science)
The courses available in Postgraduate degree are as follows:-
- 2-Year M.Tech (Marine Technology and Management)
- 2-Year M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)
- 2-Year M.Tech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering)
- 2-Year M. Sc (Commercial Shipping and Logistics)
- 2-Year MBA (Port and Shipping Management)
- 2-Year MBA (International Transportation and Logistics Management)
IMU CET Application Form 2018
For admission to the DNS Programme January 2013 hatch, the Common Entrance Test (CET) will be conducted on Saturday, December 16, 2017. This CET will be applicable only to sponsored candidates of Affiliated Institutes. The notification for the CET has published in IMU’s website around ﬁrst week of
November 2017 and the Online Application is started from November 15, 2017.
The candidates were required to pay Registration Fee based on the category to which they belonged. While General category candidates had to pay Rs. 1000/- candidates from SC/ ST category had to pay Rs. 700/-.
IMU CET Exam Pattern
The CET exam pattern for DNS is mentioned here:
- Mode of Exam- OMR sheets (Pen and paper based)
- Type of Questions- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- No. of Questions- 100 questions
|Subjects||Total No. of Ques.|
IMU CET 2018 Syllabus
Candidates can check below the syllabus for all courses.
(i) For DNS (Applied Nautical Science)
The syllabus for DNS are English, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics based on plus 2 level (CBSE, ISE and State Boards).
(ii) For UG Programmes
The syllabus of UG courses will comprise questions from subjects such as:- Physics, English, Chemistry, Mathematics, Aptitude Test & General Knowledge. The difficulty level of questions is that of 12th class level taught at (CBSE, ISE & State Boards).
(iii) For PG Programmes
The syllabus of PG course consists of subjects taught at MBA & M.Tech level.
(iv) For MBA
The syllabus of MBA programme will have questions formulated on the basis of topics covered in Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning.
(v) For M.Tech
The syllabus for M.Tech Course will include subjects such as:- Mathematics General, Engineering, General Knowledge, English and Aptitude.
Test centers for IMU CET for DNS will be conducted in only the 6 IMU Campuses such as Chennai, Kolkata, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai Port, Cochin, Visakhapatnam.
Official Website for IMU CET 2018 is www.imu.edu.in
Insofar, Official details for IMU DNS CET Jan 2018 has been announced and updated here. Details for rest of the courses have not been announced yet. Other courses related information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Indian Maritime University releases IMU CET 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.