IMU CET 2019: Indian Maritime University shall be conducting the CET 2019 in the first week of Jun 2019. To take admission in the University and desirous programme, candidates first need to fill the application form and then appear for the entrance test. IMU CET 2019 has been conducted for the admission in UG Programmes [B. Tech (Marine Engineering), B.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering), B.Sc (Nautical Science), B.Sc (Maritime Science), B.Sc (Ship Building and Repair) and Diploma Nautical Science], MBA (International Transportation and Logistics), MBA (Port and Shipping Management), M. Sc (Commercial Shipping and Logistics) and M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering), M.Tech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering) and M.Tech (Marine Engineering and Management) programmes. For more details on IMU CET 2019, candidates must scroll down.
IMU CET 2019
Candidates need to qualify all India Common Entrance Test (CET) which will be conducted by Indian Maritime University for the admission in the following academic year. The official dates are not being announced by the University yet but aspirants can go through the tentative schedule given below.
Important IMU CET 2019 Events and Dates
|Online Registration Starts from||1st week of Apr 2019|
|Online Registration Ends On||2nd week of May 2019|
|Issuance of Admit Card||3rd week of May 2019|
|IMU CET 2019 Entrance Day||1st week of Jun 2019|
|Releasing the Answer Key||1st week of Jun 2019|
|Result Declaration||1st week of Jun 2019|
|Counselling||Jun – Jul 2019|
|Session Commencement||Aug 2019|
NOTE: The admission to 3-Year BBA (Logistics, Retailing, and E-Commerce) course will be on a direct admission basis.
- 4-Year B. Tech (Marine Engineering)
- 4-Year B. Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
- 3-Year B. Sc (Maritime Science)
- 3-Year B. Sc (Nautical Science)
- 3-Year B. Sc (Ship Building & Repair) – This Programme is being conducted only in the Affiliated Institutes.
- 1-Year Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) leading to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science)
- 2-Year M.Tech (Marine Technology and Management)
- 2-Year M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)
- 2-Year M.Tech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering)
- 2-Year M. Sc (Commercial Shipping and Logistics)
- 2-Year MBA (Port and Shipping Management)
- 2-Year MBA (International Transportation and Logistics Management)
IMU CET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying online for IMU CET 2019, candidates must check out the eligibility criteria. In case, if the University will find the application of any non-eligible candidate then the candidature of that candidate will be canceled and the application fee will be non-refundable.
- Age Limit requirement– minimum age:- 17 years and maximum age:- 25 years on or before 01st August 2019.
- Relaxation policy- For applicants belonging to SC/ST, a relaxation of 5% of the aggregate marks will be considered for all programmes except in English subject marks.
- Martial Status- Only unmarried individuals will be considered eligible
(i) For DNS
- Qualifying Exam requirement – B.E/B.Tech. Degree from I.I.T. or from a college recognized by AICTE with an average of not less than 50% of marks in the final year.
- Subjects requirement– B.Sc. in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the year, with an average of not less than 60% of marks.
- Minimum Marks requirement-The candidates should have obtained 50% marks in the English language at 10th or 12th Std or in the Degree course conducted by recognized Board or any University.
(ii) For B.Sc./ B.tech
- Qualifying Exam requirement- 12th class pass
- Subjects requirement– PCM & English subjects.
- Minimum Marks requirement– minimum 60% marks in PCM & 50% marks in English.
(iii) For B.Tech (Lateral Entry)
- Candidates with 60% marks in 4-year Diploma in Ship Building Engineering from the Institute of Ship Building Technology, Goa.
- 3-year Diploma in Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering from the AMET University, Chennai.
- 3-year Diploma in Mechanical Engineering/Civil Engineering from any Institute approved by AICTE.
- Age limit – 18 to 26 years.
(iv) For MBA
- Qualifying Exam requirement- undergraduate degree
- Minimum Marks requirement- at least 50% marks.
(v) For M.Tech
- Qualifying Exam requirement- graduation degree
- Minimum Marks requirement– minimum 60% aggregate marks.
- Relaxation policy- 5% for SC/ST category
- Passport requirement- candidate must possess a valid passport
- Medical fitness– candidate should be medically fit. The university may demand to check a medical fitness certificate issued by Doctors approved by Director General of Shipping.
Candidate for admission to marine courses (DG Shipping-approved courses) is required to produce a certificate for medical fitness by Doctors approved by Director General of Shipping. The candidate must be physically fit and should meet the medical requirements as specified by DGS guidelines. Candidates with Disability (DA) are not eligible for admission to all marine and related courses.
For DGS-approved courses viz DNS leading to B.Sc (Applied Nautical Science), B.Sc (Nautical Science), B.Sc (Maritime Science) & B.Tech (Marine Engineering), there should not be any degree of squint or any morbid condition of eyes or of the eyelids that is liable to aggravate or recur, pressure of trachoma and iris complication sequel. Candidates must possess good binocular vision (Fusion faculty and full field of vision in both eyes). Movement of the eyeballs must be full in all directions and the pupils should react normally to light and accommodation.
Candidates joining DNS, B.Sc. (Nautical Science) & B.Sc. (Maritime Science) degree course color vision shall (unaided 1.0 (6/6) in better eye and 0.67 (6/9) in other eyes. Normal Colour vision shall be tested by the Ishihara test chart.
In case of candidates joining B.Tech. (Marine Engineering) degree course, distance vision (unaided 0.5 (6/12) in each eye or 0.67 (6/9) in better eye and 0.33 (6/18) in other eyes. Normal color vision shall be tested by the Ishihara test chart.
IMU CET 2019 Application Form
The application form for IMUCET 2019 will be released on the official website of the University. In the application form, candidates will have to upload and fill the asked information such as personal details, contact details, educational qualification, scanned passport size photograph, signature and many more. As per the last year trends, there will be four stages for completing the application form.
- Stage- I- Registration Process
- Stage- II- Upload photo and documents
- Stage- III- Preview and edit and
- Stage- IV- Payment
The candidates will be required to pay Registration Fee based on the category to which they belonged. Candidates will have to pay the application fee through online mode that is Debit/Credit/Visa/Master Card only. Aspiring candidates can have an idea about the application fee based on the last year details. In case of any change in the application fee then, details will be updated here.
|Category||IMU CET Application Form Fee|
IMU CET 2019 Admit Card
Candidates will be able to download their admit card from the official website of the University. No post in person will be sent to the eligible candidates. Automated emails / SMS will be sent to every registered applicant on successful registration of Application, uploading of Hall Ticket, publication of results, etc. The admit card will contain the information like candidate’s personal details, exam time and date, exam center, important instructions regarding writing the paper and many more. It is mandatory for the appearing candidates to bring the hall ticket on the exam day else they will not be allowed to write the paper.
The name and address of the Test Venue will be indicated on the Hall Ticket/Admit Card and Applicants are requested to be present at the Test Venue at least 30 minutes before the time of commencement of the CET.
IMU CET 2019 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The CET exam pattern for various courses is mentioned here:
Common Online CET for all UG Programmes
- No. of Questions – 200 multiple choice questions.
- Syllabus – English, General Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics at Plus 2 level.
Common Online CET for the MBA
- No. of Questions – 120 multiple choice questions.
- Syllabus – Quantitative ability, Data interpretation, Verbal ability, and Logical Reasoning.
Common Online CET for M.Tech
- No. of Questions – 120 multiple choice questions.
- Syllabus – English, Mathematics and one of Mechanical Engineering/Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering/Civil Engineering.
The questions will be of multiple choice type. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
IMU reserves the right to change the distribution, types, level of difficulty, etc. of the questions asked from time to time.
IMU CET 2019 Exam Centres
The Computer-based CET for IMU’s UG and PG programmes are expected to be held at the places mentioned below. This information regarding the exam centers on the basis of last year. Aspirants can still have an idea about the places exam will be conducted, If in case there will be any changes in the test centers then it will be updated here.
IMU CET 2019 Answer Key
Indian Maritime University will release the answer key on its official website after conducting the entrance exam. Through the answer key, candidates can evaluate their expected result before its official announcement. It is advised to all the appearing candidates to carry the question paper at the time of cross-checking the answer else it will result in the wrong scrutinization of the result.
IMU CET 2019 Result
The University will release the IMU CET 2019 result on the official website in the PDF format. Candidates must take a print out of the result declared to attend the offline counselling. IMU will send the notification regarding the announcement of the result on the candidate’s registered email or on SMS. The admission in the desirous course and campus will depend upon the marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance examination. The result of IMU CET will be valid only until that particular Academic session.
IMU CET 2019 Counselling
IMU Counselling process will take place after the result declaration. Candidates who are desirous of joining IMU Campuses and who are shortlisted based on CET scores will be required to register for Online Counselling for allotment of seats to the various Programmes of IMU Campuses followed by verification of original mark sheets and certificates, physical fitness certificate, etc. In case, if the candidate wants to withdraw the seat from the counseling then he/she has to inform the Counselling Incharge for the same.
Official Website: www.imu.edu.in.
For more details about IMU CET 2019 refer 2018’s – Download Information Brochure.