Jammu & Kashmir MBBS admission 2018 will be done under the supervision of the J & K Board of Professional Entrance Examination (JKBOPEE). Jammu & Kashmir candidates will not be eligible for the 15% all India quota seats as Jammu & Kashmir Board has opted out of the from NEET national level counseling. However, candidates who belong to the state of Jammu & Kashmir will be granted admissions in MBBS and BDS courses in the medical and dental colleges of Jammu and Kashmir on the basis of NEET scores. Candidates belonging to Jammu & Kashmir are totally entitled to the 100% of their state seats and are not required to fill self-declaration whereas candidates who parents work in Jammu & Kashmir and are not permanent residents will have to fill the self-declaration. Eligible students who wish to get admission in the state quota need to appear for the NEET (UG) 2018 exam which is conducted by the Central Board Of Secondary Education (CBSE) You can get complete details about the Jammu & Kashmir MBBS admission 2018 on this page below.
Jammu & Kashmir MBBS admission 2018
As soon as the result for the NEET 2018 UG exam has been declared the J & K Board of Professional Entrance Examination (JKBOPEE) will issue a provisional merit list on the official website of the board. The candidates listed in the merit list will be eligible candidates to participate in the admission process and will have to report to BOPEE office for document verification. Once, the document verification step is over the board will issue the final merit list of the eligible candidates and these candidates will be further called for the counseling session. The admission to the government as well as well as private MBBS & BDS colleges will be done on the basis of this admission process. You can get complete information about the Jammu & Kashmir MBBS admission 2018 timeline from the table below.
|Availability of J&K MBBS Application Form||13 Jun 2018|
|Last date to submit application form||21 Jun 2018|
|Conduct of mock exercise||24 & 25 Jun 2018|
|Commencement of online counselling||24 Jun to 01 Jul 2018|
|Actual filling of preference||26 Jun to 01 Jul 2018|
|Last date of payment of fee||01 Jul 2018|
|College joining date||17 Jul 2018|
- Click here to check the notice regarding admission extension in joining
- Click here to check the notice regarding Disposal of representations with regard to provisional allotment list.
- Click Here to check the notice regarding the counselling clarification.
- Click Here to check the notice regarding the preparation of central pool MBBS seats
- Click Here to check the notice regarding unnecessary queries from the candidates of NEET UG about Provisional State Merit List.
- Click Here to check the notice regarding online counselling.
- Click Here to check the notice regarding submission of deficient documents thereof/Extension in online registration.
- Click Here to check the notice regarding verification of documents of NEET UG 2018.
- Click Here to check the regarding filing up of MBBS/MDS Management & HM/NRI Seats.
- Click Here to check the regarding clarification of NEET UG 2018 online applications by CBSE.
The provisional admission list for NEET UG 2018 has been released. Candidates have to report to their allotted colleges on the date and time given by the conducting body. If a candidate needs to make changes in his or her position, he may do so within two days with relevant document evidence. Following are the list of documents which are to be brought along with them:
- Date of birth certificate
- Mark cards of 10+2
- State Subject Category
- Category certificate, if any
- Valid Income certificate in respect of Poor and backward classes
- Any other certificate demanded by the College Authorities
Admission List: Click here to check the provisional admission list
After the declaration of NEET UG result 2018, Board on June 04, 2018 has been receiving various queries from candidates with regard to the future course of action. Having considered the matter, it is clarified as under:-
- After declaration of NEET result by the CBSE, the BOPEE shall now receive the official result along with the biodata of all the candidates. After receipt of the result, the eligible candidates of tie state of Jammu & Kashmir shall be required to register themselves online and also submit the requisite documents
a) State Subject Certificate
b) 10+2 Marks Certificate
c) Matriculation Certificate for purpose of date of birth.
d) Category certificate, if any where ever applicable
- After registration the provisional State Merit List Shall be notified which shall also indicate the updated category status of the candidates. The candidates who do not register will not be eligible to participate for counselling/ allotment of seats.
- After publication of State Merit List of the candidates who have registered on time, the candidates will be required to submit online preferences ( 1st round of Online counselling). The candidates shall be required to pay Online fee at the time of filling up of preferences.
- The seats in ASCOMS under OM, P&B and Management quota seats (other than under Hindu Minority Quota and NRI) shall also be filled up during the 1st round of online counselling on the basis of merit cum preferences. The seats in the IDS Jammu except under NRI quota shall be filled up during 1st round of online counselling.
- The seats under Hindu Minority Quota /NRI in ASCOMS/IDS as the case may be shall be filled up as per the schedule notified by the Board. However, the candidates willing to be considered under NRl/Hindu Minority Quota shall have to submit documents in the BOPEE office Srinagar/Jammu, the details whereof shall be notified separately.
- The candidates in their own interest are advised to remain in touch with the BOPEE website www.ikbopee.gov.in for updates if any.
Rank List: Click here to check the Revised Rank wise list of Sports Category candidates.
Consequent upon declaration of the NEET-UG result by CBSE on June 04, 2018, it is hereby notified that the candidates who have secured the minimum qualifying marks in NEET-UG, 2018 shall be required to register themselves and upload following documents online w.e.f. June 13 to 19, 2018.
- NEET UG scorecard
- 10+2 marks card
- State Subject
- Category certificate wherever required
- Date of birth certificate (Matriculation)
The cutoff score for different categories is as under:
- Open Merit/JKPM/CDP/Sports including child of PMF = 119
- SC/ST/RBA/ALC/OSC for J&K = 96
Eligible Candidates: Click Here to check the list of eligible candidates who can register.
Details Mentioned on The Merit List
The merit list issued by the board will comprise of the following details about the applicants. Please refer to the pointers below to get an idea about the details mentioned in the merit list.
Jammu & Kashmir MBBS Admission Process
We have listed down the major steps or events in the Jammu & Kashmir MBBS Admission Process below. You can refer to the stepwise procedure to get a clear idea about the process and be prepared for it.
- NEET registration
- Appearing for NEET 2018
- Result Declaration by CBSE
- Issuance of Provisional Merit list by J&K BOPEE
- Document Verification by J&K BOPEE
- Counselling process
- J&K BOPEE will then update their records
- Notification of Selection List
Documents for the Counselling Process
Candidates are advised to be present for their counseling round on the date assigned to them. To make the counseling process easier for the candidates we have listed down all the documents that they should keep ready for the Jammu & Kashmir MBBS admission 2018 counseling round.
- Permanent Residential Certificate
- 10+2 (or equivalent) Examination Mark Sheet
- Proof of Age (10th Standard Pass Certificate)
- Receipt of Payment of Counselling Fees
- Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
The Jammu & Kashmir admission counseling round will be conducted in the offline mode. It will be conducted under the supervision of the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE). Candidates who wish to participate in the counseling session need to be firstly eligible for the counseling procedure, hence all applicants have to fill in the application form. Candidates who fail to submit the application form will be disqualified from the process. As per the orders issued by the Supreme Court, no state level exams will be conducted to grant admissions to the students in the medical colleges of Jammu & Kashmir. It is necessary that the applicants appear for the counseling round and pay the counseling fees.
Official Website: www.jkbopee.gov.in