NCHMCT JEE 2020 Counselling – The National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology (NCHMCT) will conduct the counselling for admission to Hotel management courses. Only those who have secured merit in the NCHM JEE 2020 can participate for the counselling process. Selected candidates, will be required to register online in order to participate in the counselling process and submit their choice of preferred institute. After the declaration of seat allotment result, candidates have to report at the allotted center along with relevant documents. There shall be 03 rounds of NCHMCT JEE Counselling 2020. Complete details of NCHMCT JEE 2020 Counselling process is given here.
NCHMCT JEE 2020 Counselling
The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, locking, and seat allotment. Check the schedule for NCHMCT JEE 2020 Counselling from the table below.
|NCHMCT JEE 2020 Counselling||Date|
|Date of Examination||25 Apr 2020|
|Result of JEE on Website||10 May 2020|
|Online Registration & Choice filling for 1st & 2nd round of Counseling||last week of May 2020|
|1st round of seat allotment||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Reporting to the Reporting Centre after 1st round of allotment for document verification||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Withdrawal from the allotted seat at Reporting Center||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Vacancy due to non-reporting/Withdrawal/ Cancellation||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Choice modification for 2nd round of counselling, optional||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|2nd Round seat allotment||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Reporting at Reporting Centre after 2nd round of seat allotment||last week of Jun 2020|
|Withdrawal from the allotted seat at Reporting Center||last week of Jun 2020|
|acancy due to non-reporting/Withdrawal/ Cancellation||last week of Jun 2020|
|3rd and Final round of Counselling, Online Registration, Online Payment of SPOT round participation fee, Online Choice filling & Locking||last week of Jun 2020|
|Third & Final round seat allotment||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Reporting at Reporting Centre after Final round of seat allotment for document verification||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Physical reporting at allotted Institutes by all candidates who have allotted a seat in any rounds and submission of Hostel preferences||3rd week of Jul 2020|
|Hostel Allotment Centrally and result will be published on the website||last week of Jul 2020|
|Commencement of Classes||last week of Jul 2020|
Online Registration and Choice Filling
Online Registration is mandatory for all eligible candidates to be considered for allotment in the round of Counselling. For online registration visit at nchmcounselling.nic.in from places convenient to them during the period prescribed in the schedule or either click on the link will be given below.
Updation of Personal data during Registration
As per pervious year information, Candidates can update their personal information during the online registration process. But candidates cannot change his/her name, Mothers name, Fathers name and Date of birth under any circumstances. Candidates must verify their personal data. In case of any discrepancy, candidate will be allowed only once to correct the data in respect of Category, PwD, KM and Gender in the following ways:
- Category from Any to Any is allowed.
- PwD can be changed from Any to Any is allowed.
- KM can be change from Yes to No, but vice versa is not allowed.
- Change of gender is permitted.
- In case of any Exceptional updation of candidates personal data, candidates are advised to contact NCHMCT before online Registration and Choice filling. Once registered, any updation will not be entertained by NCHMCT.
- It is solely the responsibility of the candidates to verify that their personal data, including category, PwD, KM status, gender etc. are consistent with documentary evidence. NCHM or NIC is not responsible for any omissions in the details and its consequences thereafter.
- If the personal data submitted/ entered by a candidate is found to be wrong at the time of verification of certificates either during reporting or at any later stage, the allotment of seat/ provisional admission is liable to be cancelled.
- Once these personal data are verified and submitted, candidates will not be allowed to change the personal data under any circumstances.
- Candidates MUST lock their choices only after they have finalized them. The locking of choices involves a few steps after the LOCK button is clicked. This includes entering the password, confirming the locking, etc. Candidate should follow all the steps carefully to complete the locking procedure.
- After the choices are locked, candidates will not be able to change their choices any further. A printable version of the choices along with the terms and conditions agreed by the candidate at the time of registration is displayed once the choices are locked. Candidates must take a print out (hard copy) of the locked choices, (which also contains terms and conditions) sign it and produce it at the time of reporting to the Reporting Center.
- Candidates are therefore strongly advised to lock their choices themselves and secure a printout of these locked choices. Registered candidates who do not exercise any choices or fail to save them will not be considered for seat allotment. Candidates can login again after locking the choices, the locked choices will be displayed but cannot now be modified or altered.
There are 03 rounds of Counselling on the basis of merit. Seat allotment is done based on the candidate’s All India Rank (AIR), category, preference of choices and availability of desired seats etc. The seat allotment results will be available online at nchmcounselling.nic.in as per given schedule. There is no provision of sending Individual allotment letters to the candidates by post.
NCHMCT JEE 2020 Counselling Process
On the basis of performance in the Written Test of NCHMCT JEE-2020, a unique rank will be allotted to each candidate for being eligible for Counselling. Their endeavor is to make the counseling and admission process candidate-friendly and reduce their anxiety and other procedural difficulties. Candidates are also advised to diligently seek and compile information regarding the participating institutes, fee structure and other relevant facts, before filling their choices during counseling. All candidates are advised to visit nchmcounselling.nic.in regularly and understand the process clearly before undertaking registration and choice filling.
First round of Counselling:
- At this stage, all the registered candidates are required to exercise their choices of institutes in order of their preference. The procedure is details here.
- The procedure for exercising choices and seeking pertinent information is guided through appropriate messages and tables on the computer screen.
- As per the eligibility of the candidate, choice of institutions will be displayed.
- Candidates can fill in as many numbers of choices in the order or preference from the list of available institutes.
- Candidates are permitted, if they so desire, to change or re-order their choices, delete earlier choices and add new choices and number of times until they lock their final choices. Choices should be positively locked before 5.00 p.m. of Last Date.
Second Round of Counselling Process:
No fresh registrations would be allowed in the 2nd round of Counselling. Only the Candidates who have registered in the 1st round will be eligible in this round of counselling.
Who are not eligible?
- Those who are not reported at allotted institute for document verification after seat allotment in the previous round.
- Those candidates whose allotted seat cancelled due to non-fulfillment of documents & other criteria of admission and become permanently ineligible for the entire rounds of counseling.
Who are eligible?
There are four Groups of eligible candidates :
- Group-1(Fresh candidates): Registered candidates who are not allotted any seat in the first round of seat allotment. These candidates are permitted to change their earlier submitted choices through internet. If candidates not submitting fresh choices in this round then, their choices submitted during the first round of counselling would be considered for seat allotment.
- Group-II (Cancelled candidates): Those candidates whose allotted seat got cancelled in the earlier round of counselling due to non-fulfillment of seat allotment criteria are also permitted to modify/ add new choices or their existing choices would be considered for seat allotment.
- Group-III (Reported and Freeze candidates): Those candidates would not be allowed to submit fresh choices for modify choices. Their earlier allotted seat would be retained; however their allotted category may be upgraded as per business rules.
- Group-IV (Reported and Float candidates): Those candidates are permitted to modify/add new choices or their existing choices would be considered for upgradation. If they want to modify their choices they can do so but their previously allotted seat (allotted Institute+program) will remain as a valid choice in this round. System will not permit the candidates to delete this choice; however they can rearrange this choice (Move-UP or Move-Down) as per their order of preference.
Third and Final round of Counselling Process:
- All eligible candidates including absentees of the main counselling are eligible for 3rd and Final Round of Counselling.
- Candidates who desire to participate in the 3rd and Final Round should logged-in to portal and complete the following activities:
- Online Registration for 3rd and Final Round counselling: Process will be exactly same as explained for main counselling.
- Online Payment of 3rd and Final Round participation fee. Payment of 3rd and Final Round participation fee will be mandatory for all candidates except those candidates who have deposited fee earlier.
- Online Choice filling and Locking of choices from anywhere. For all provisionally admitted candidates, if they desired to participate in the 3rd and Final Round then during choice filling it is mandatory to have previous allotted institute as one of the filled choices at any position in the 3rd and Final Round of choices. During choice submission, all the choices will be shown to the candidate irrespective whether seat is available or not because during processing few virtual vacancy may arise.
- Seat Allotment and Result Publishing:
- Choices of all such candidates who have completed above steps(1,2 & 3) will be processed as per business rules.
- Last allotted choice (institute and Branch) of all successfully RC reported candidates or round 1 and round 2 who have not participated in the 3 rd and final round of counselling will also be processed for category upgradation.
- Conversion of Seat will be applicable in the 3rd and Final Round of seat allotment as per conversion rules.
Reporting to Reporting Center (RCs) after seat allotment and Fee Payment
- Candidates who got seat allotments are required to pay Seat Acceptance Fee online and then report to the Reporting Centers for document verification and Seat Confirmation during specified period.
- Candidates, who could not report within the specified period to the Reporting Center on allotment, their allotted seat would be cancelled and they would not be considered for seat allotment in the 2nd round of counselling. However such candidates will be eligible for 3rd and final round.
- The seats thus falling vacant due to non-reporting would be considered for allotment in the subsequent rounds.
- During Reporting at Reporting Center, RC user has to verify DOB, Category, PwD, KM and 10+2 marks parameters and update accordingly. The following can happen based on updation of candidate’s parameters:
- Candidate will remain in this round and seat remains allotted as original allotment.
- Candidate’s allotted seat will be cancelled in this round and will be moved to the next round and based on the updated eligibility and seat availability, he/she may be allotted a seat in the next round.
- Candidate will be out of the system completely for any further rounds.
- Further, candidates are required to exercise an option for the upgradation in the 2nd round of the Counselling either Float (Yes Upgradation) or Freeze (No upgradation).
- Those candidates who have opted option as “Float’, are also required to sign a declaration that in the event of allotment of a new seat in the 2 nd round, their earlier allotted seat would be automatically cancelled and the cancelled seat would be offered to the candidate next in the merit who might have sought that seat through his/her earlier submitted choices.
Business Rules for Seat Allotment
- The choices that will be submitted by above group of candidates will be processed centrally against the available vacancy and the seat allotment result for this round would be made available on the website.
- For Group-IV candidates: In this round a new seat may be allotted out of the choice preferences given above previously allotted seat. In case no new seat is allotted then their earlier allotted seat would be retained; however their allotted category may be upgraded as per business rules.
Business Rules for Reporting:
- Candidates of Group-I and Group-II who got a fresh seat allotment in this round, are required to report to any Reporting Center for provisional admission during the specified period; failing which their allotted seat would stand automatically cancelled. However candidate will be eligible for 3rd and Final Round of Counselling. The reporting procedure at the reporting center for provisional admission will be same as explained in 1st round of reporting.
- Candidates of Group-III, their previously allotted seat shall remain unchanged. Such candidates are not required to report any where.
- Candidates of Group-IV, may got a seat of higher preferred choice or their previously allotted seat is retained. Such candidates are not required to repot anywhere.
Insofar, only date for NCHM JEE – 2020 have been announced. Rest of Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as information brochure releases, details will be updated here