NCHMCT JEE 2018 Counselling involves registration, choice filling, and locking, seat allotment. Candidates who have secured merit in the written exam result are required to register at www.nchmcounselling.nic.in for NCHMCT JEE 2018 Counselling. National Council for Hotel Management Catering Technology is conducting three 3 rounds of counselling on the basis of merit. Complete details of NCHMCT JEE 2018 Counselling process is given here.
The NCHMCT JEE 2018 written exam is all set to be conducted on 28 June, 2018. Candidates who are willing to take the NCHMT JEE 2018 exam will have to apply online for the same before 11 April, 2018. The application process has already begun from 24 December, 2018 and the direct link to apply is also provided in the application form page. The counselling process will take place after the result of the written exam is declared.
NCHMCT JEE 2018 Counselling
Get all the important information about NCHMCT JEE 2018 Counselling like registration, choice filling, and locking, seat allotment and other information on this page. Let us start with some of the important dates of NCHMCT JEE 2018 Counselling process.
|Date of Examination||28 Apr 2018|
|Result of JEE on Website||21 May 2018|
|Corrections in Candidate’s Credentials, if any||24 May 2018|
|Online Registration & Choice filling for 1st & 2nd round of Counseling||26 May to 04 Jun 2018|
|Choice Locking||03 & 04 Jun 2018|
|1st round of seat allotment||06 Jun 2018|
|Reporting at Admission Centres after 1st round allotment for document verification||07 to 12 Jun 2018|
|Withdrawal from the Allotted Seat||07 to 12 Jun 2018|
|Vacancy due to non-reporting/Withdrawal/ Cancellation||13 Jun 2018|
|Choice modification for 2nd round of Counseling (Optional)||14 to 17 Jun 2018|
|2nd Round seat allotment||18 Jun 2018|
|Reporting at Admission Centres after 2nd round allotment
(Fresh Allottee Only)
|19 to 22 Jun 2018|
|Withdrawal from the Allotted Seat||19 to 22 Jun 2018|
|Vacancy due to non-reporting/Withdrawal/ Cancellation||23 Jun 2018|
|3rd and Final round of Counselling, Online Registration, Online Payment of SPOT round participation fee, Online Choice filling & Locking||25 to 28 Jun 2018|
|3rd and Final round seat allotment||29 Jun 2018|
|Reporting at Reporting Center for documents verification||02 & 05 Jul 2018|
|Physical reporting at allotted Institutes by all candidates who have allotted a seat in any rounds and submission of Hostel preferences||16 to 22 Jul 2018|
|Hostel Allotment Centrally and result will be published on website
|23 Jul 2018|
|Commencement of Academic Session||25 Jul 2018|
Counselling: To register for the counselling process visit www.nchmcounselling.nic.in
NCHMCT JEE 2018 Counselling
On the basis of performance in the Written Test of NCHMCT JEE-2018, a unique rank will be allotted to each candidate (no separate rank for General, SC, ST, PD, KM categories) for being eligible for Counselling. Their endeavor is to make the counseling and admission process candidate-friendly and reduce their anxiety and other procedural difficulties. Candidates are also advised to diligently seek and compile information regarding the participating institutes, fee structure and other relevant facts, before filling their choices during counseling. All candidates are advised to visit www.nchmcounselling.nic.in regularly and understand the process clearly before undertaking registration and choice filling.
Registration and Choice Filling
Online Registration is mandatory for all eligible candidates to be considered for allotment in the 1st and 2nd round of Counselling. For online registration visit: www.nchmcounselling.nic.in from places convenient to them during the period prescribed in the schedule.
Category and other credentials once declared by candidate in the JEE-2018 Application, can not be changed at the Counseling time. But during online registration process, eligible candidates can update their personal information.
Note: – Option of only vegetarian Course in B.Sc HHA is also available at 6 Central IHMs at Gandhinagar, Jaipur, Bhopal, Chennai, Hazipur and Shillong. You can opt the choices for seat allotment.
All registered candidates should fill their choices of institutes and lock the choices. This choice list is used for the first two rounds of allotments. In the 2nd round, candidates can make online choice modifications and lock them again. Candidates should fill choices of institutes in their order of preference.
There will be three rounds of Counselling on the basis of merit. Seat allotment is done based on the candidate’s All India Rank (AIR), category, preference of choices and availability of desired seats etc. The seat allotment results will be available online at www.nchmcounselling.nic.in as per given schedule. There is no provision of sending Individual allotment letters to the candidates by post.
There is no fee for registration of Counselling, however the candidate will have to deposited Seat Acceptance Fee Rs.40,000/- which will be inclusive of part of 1st Semester Fee (Rs.39000+1000 Counselling charges) through payment gateway available on the website. After depositing fee, details of depositing fee along with other testimonials, the candidate has to go for verification of documents at any Reporting Center. Candidate who have deposited the fee in first round or second round of Counselling and allotted a seat, but interested to participate in Spot round, does not have to deposit Seat Acceptance Fee again. Candidate who have already deposited the fee in first round or second round of Counselling and not allotted any seat, same fees will be considered for Spot round.
Reporting to Reporting Center (RCs) after seat allotment and Fee Payment
- All Candidates who have been allotted a seat would be required to physically report to designated Reporting Centers(RC) for documents verification, initial fee payment, to give option for up gradation of choices and to collect the provisional admission letter.
- During reporting at RC, candidates are required to pay the fee of Rs.57500/- (Rs.1000/- Counselling Fee+Rs.56500/- Ist Semester Fee) through RTGS/ e-challan payment with State Bank of India.
SPOT round Counselling
There will be SPOT round of Counselling On-Campus at all the Reporting Centres(RCs) where following will be eligible:
- All eligible candidates who did not register during main Counselling (absentees) are also permitted for SPOT round.
- Registered in the 1st round of Counseling and also got the seat allotment in 1st and 2 nd round, but not reported at admission centre are also eligible.
- All the eligible candidates who had withdrawn before SPOT round are also eligible.
- All Provisionally Admitted candidates.
- Candidates is required to report to any of the Reporting Centre on specific day in person for SPOT round Counselling. On-line registration and filling up choices is mandatory in order to participate in SPOT round even for those candidates who have already registered and submitted choices in the previous rounds. Earlier registration and filled choices shall becomes NULL and VOID. During SPOT round, conversion of seat will take place as per conversion rules.
Counselling Process for SPOT Round
- All eligible candidates including absentees of the main counselling are eligible for Spot round of counselling.
- Candidates who desire to participate in the Spot Round should log in to portal and complete the following activities:
- Online Registration for Spot counselling:- Process will be exactly same as explained for main counselling.
- Online Payment of Spot Round participation fee of amount of ₹ 57,500/- (which includes first term fee and counselling fee) through ICICI EPG services. Payment of Spot participation fee will be mandatory for all candidates except those candidates who have deposited fee earlier. Candidates may also pay Spot Round Participation Fee through Demand Draft. The Demand Draft should be in favour of “NCHMCT’’ and payable at “New Delhi” or “Noida”. Such candidates are required to approach nearest Reporting Center for depositing the original DD before choice submission.
- Online Choice filling and locking of choices from anywhere. For all provisionally admitted candidates, if they desired to participate in the SPOT round then during choice filling it is mandatory to have previous allotted institute as one of the filled choices at any position in the SPOT round of choices. During choice submission, all the choices will be shown to the candidate irrespective whether seat is available or not because during processing few virtual vacancy may arise.
- Seat Allotment and Result Publishing: Choices of all candidates who have completed above steps (a, b & c) will be processed centrally and result of spot round will be published on the website as per schedule. Conversion of Seat will be applicable in the spot round of seat allotment as per conversion rules.
- Reporting at Reporting Center for document verification:- Candidate who gets allotment of seat in the Spot Round for the first time should report to any of the reporting Center for document verification and provisional admission confirmation as per schedule.
Withdrawal of Seat and Refund of Fee (Tentative)
A. Where 100% of fee is permitted except the Counselling fee of Rs.1000/- only.
- Candidates who could not be allotted seat during first, second & Spot Round of Counselling.
- Candidates who have been allotted seat during first and second rounds of Counselling but withdraw on-line through the system as per schedule. (Schedule of withdrawal shall be given during Counselling)
B. Where 50% refunds of fee and full Caution Money is permitted except the Counselling fee of Rs.1000/- only
- Candidates who have been allotted seat during Ist, IInd & Spot Rounds of Counselling and could not withdraw through the system on-line only as at A (ii) above and not even reported for admission at the allotted Institute.
- Candidates who have been allotted seat through Ist, IInd & Spot Rounds of Counselling and reported to the allotted Institute but did not attend any class as well as cancelled their seat through on-line.
C. Where only Caution Money is to be refunded.
- Candidates who have been allotted seat during Ist, IInd & Spot Rounds of Counselling and reported to the allotted Institute and attended Classes.
Withdrawal of Allotted Seat and Refund Rule
A candidate can cancel his / her allotted seat, admission process and initiate refund process by visiting the reporting center where initial reporting was done as per given schedule
Refund: Refund of fees for cancellation of seat allotment will be processed only after the receipt of necessary fee documents at NCHMCT after deduction of Rs.1000/- Counselling Fee. The fee shall be refunded by NCHMCT within a period of 45 days from the date of Commencement of Academic Session. Candidate who did not withdraw/cancelled allotted seat during the specified period as given in the schedule shall not be eligible for full refund of fee (see refund policy in Brochure or on website).
Admission to allotted Institute and Hostel Allotment
All candidates who have taken provisional admission in round 1st, 2nd or Spot Round of seat allotments, will have to report finally at the Allotted Institution as per the schedule along with allotment letter and original testimonials with attested copies for completing the admission formalities. Hostel will be allotted centrally purely based on AIR after physically reporting at allotted institute only for those candidate who have physically reported at the allotted institute and submitted their willingness for hostel.
For more details of NCHMCT JEE 2018 Counselling, Download Leaflet.
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.