CMAFFU 2020 – Farm Universities of Karnataka conducts a common entrance examination for admission to Master’s/ Doctoral degree programs in Farm Universities, namely UAS Dharwad, UAS Raichur, UAS Bangalore, UAS Bagalkot and UAS Shivamogga. Candidates can choose maximum 2 preferred streams for admission to master’s degree programs and one subject for doctoral degree program based on the eligibility criteria stated by the university. The entrance exam is expected to be conducted in the month of July 2020. For more information about CMAFFU, candidates can check the information given below.
The entrance exam is conducted for 75 min with only MCQ type questions. Candidates can check below some important dates related to CMAFFU 2020.
|Release of online application form||4th week of May 2020|
|Last date of submission for in service candidates||4th week of Jun 2020|
|Last date for submitting online application form||4th week of Jun 2020|
|Release of admit card||1st week of July 2020|
|Entrance exam Masters degree||3rd week of July 2020|
|Entrance exam Doctoral degree||3rd week of July 2020|
|Release of Answer key||3rd week of July 2020|
|Result Declaration||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Last date for uploading scanned copy of OGPA card issuedMastersDoctoral|
4th week of July 20203rd week of Aug 2020
|Physical verification of candidates application and relevant document by the staffMastersDoctoral|
1st week of Aug 20204th week of Aug 2020
|Release of Merit list||1st week of Sep 2020|
|First round seat allotment||1st week of Sep 2020|
|Second round seat allotment||3rd week of Sep 2020|
|Third and final round seat allotment||4th week of Sep 2020|
CMAFFU 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check below the eligibility criteria for admission to masters degree programme and for in service candidates who seek admission in masters degree programme
- Candidate should have a bachelor degree with a minimum of 6.5 OGPA from any recognized Agricultural/ Horticultural university or deemed university accredited by ICAR. For SC/ST candidates minimum OFPA is 6.0.
- Candidate has to produce character and conduct certificate issued by the dean of the constituent colleges of their farm universities.
- Candidate should have passed bachelor’s degree programme from any ICAR accredited Farm University in Karnataka. Horanadu/ Gadinadu Kannadigas should possess a degree from an Agricultural/ Horticultural university or any deemed university accredited by ICAR from the eligible geographical region as per GoK orders.
Eligibility for inservice candidates
- Only 3 farm managers under in service quota will be admitted at UAS Raichur
Eligibility criteria for candidates seeking admission in doctoral degree programs
- A masters degree in equivalent subject or an equivalent qualification from an Agricultural/ Horticultural university or any deemed university accredited by ICAR with a minimum OGPA of 2.50/4.00 (Trimester system). For SC/ST Candidates the minimum OGPA IS 2.00/4.00
- Horanadu/ Gadinadu Kannadigas should possess a degree from an Agricultural/ Horticultural university or any deemed farm university accredited by ICAR from the eligible geographical region and will be admitted as per GoK orders.
- Candidates who have studied under the Trimester system and are seeking admission IN doctoral degree programmes are required to compulsorily submit the equivalent marks certificate (master’s degree) obtained from their respective universities
Eligibility for inservice candidates
- Only 10 teachers/ scientists (Five from other participating Farm Universities and five from parent Farm University) will be admitted under service quota for each of the 5 farm universities.
CMAFFU 2020 Application Form
The application form for CMAFFU 2020 will release in online mode. It is compulsory for candidates to fill the application form and submit it on time to appear in the entrance exam. Candidates have to choose their preferred stream at the time of filling out the application form. Once the application form is submitted the preference cannot be changed. Candidates should provide the accurate Email Id, Aadhar number and permanent address as all the communication regarding the counselling will be done on the same email id. Before submitting the application form candidates have to pay the application fees Rs. 1700 for General Category and Rs 850 for SC/ST category candidates.
CMAFFU 2020 Admit Card
Admit card for CMAFFU 2020 will be released in online mode. Candidates can download the admit card from the website of common pg admissions (pg-admission.kar.nic.in). Admit card is a very important document and it is compulsory for candidates to bring the admit card at the exam center along with a valid photo Id proof. Admit card acts a student verification card at the exam centre. No candidates will be allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card.
CMAFFU 2020 Answer Key
The answer key for Masters degree and doctoral degree programme will be available on the official website a few days after the exam is conducted. Answer key contains all the correct answers of questions asked in the entrance exam. Candidates should check their question id and accordingly download the answer key for that particular question paper.
CMAFFU 2020 Result
The result for CMAFFU 2020 will be released in online mode. Candidates can check the result of entrance exam through (https://pg-admission.kar.nic.in/). On the basis of the result a merit list will also be announced on the website itself. No separate intimation will be set to the candidates regarding declaration of the result or announcement of the merit list.
CMAFFU 2020 Mode of Admission
The merit list will be prepared on 2 basis.
(i) Weightage for performance in qualifying degree : 50 per cent
(ii) Weightage for performance in Entrance Examination : 50 per cent
Total = 100
Special category candidates
- Seats reserved for special category are on the basis of university intake
- 2.5 % of the seats are reserved for children of Ex-servicemen (EXS), Defense Personnel (DEF).
- 5 % of the seats are reserved for differently abled/ PH category
About Farm University
The Government of Karnataka under the universities of Agricultural Science Act 2009as amended in 2012 established 5 farm universities with a view to impart quality agricultural education in Karnataka.
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Raichur
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Bagalkot
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Shivamogga
These universities have most of the master’s degree courses in common.