Punjab MBBS / BDS Admission 2019 has been started on the official website (bfuhs.ac.in). The application form is to be filled online before the last date to be considered. The document verification process will be carried out after this and those qualifying this will be considered for the merit list. The Government of Punjab has authorized Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot (BFUHS) to conduct centralized counseling for admissions into MBBS/BDS course on the basis of marks obtained in NEET. The University will release a provisional merit list of candidates after the completion of the application process. The final admission to the University courses will be carried out by counseling. Candidates can check all the details regarding Punjab MBBS / BDS Admission 2019 from this page.
Punjab MBBS / BDS Admission 2019
The admission process has been started and those candidates who have given NEET 2019 are eligible to apply. The application form which is completely filled and for which fees have been paid will only be considered. The complete schedule for Punjab MBBS/BDS Admission 2019 is as follows.
|Display of NEET 2019 Result||05 Jun 2019|
|Online Application Form||Started|
|Last date to apply for the process||25 Jun 2019|
|Last date to apply for the process (NRI candidates)||10 Jul 2019|
|Last date for depositing fee||26 Jun 2019|
|Document verification of various categories||26 to 28 Jun 2019|
|Display of Provisional Merit list of candidates||01 Jul 2019|
|Application form for 1st round of counselling||02 to 05 Jul 2019|
|Display of result of 1st round of counselling||08 Jul 2019|
|Date of joining the college and deposition of fee||upto 12 Jul 2019|
|2nd round of counselling||To be announced|
Document Verification Schedule
- Click here to check the document verification schedule for Punjab MBBS/BDS Admission 2019.
- Click here to check the performa Option Form-Document Verification under NEET UG-2019.
Important Information on Disability Certificate Under RPWD Act -2016 for Admission to UG Courses
Application Form for Punjab MBBS / BDS Admission 2019
The candidates must check eligibility before filling the application form. Application form for admission to MBBS / BDS courses can’t be submitted offline / printed copy by post.
Apply Online: The application form for Punjab MBBS/BDS Admission 2019 has to be filled online only.
The steps to fill the application form is as follows.
Step 1 Registration: The first step is registration and for that you have to click on the link provided above. Now enter the following details to complete the registration.
- Name (as per matric certificate)
- Father’s Name
- NEET Roll No
- NEET All India Rank
- NEET Marks
- NEET Percentile
- Date of birth
- Mobile Number
- Aadhar Number
- 10+2 Total Marks (Physics+Chemistry+Biology)
Click on save and proceed to complete the registration.
Step 2 Payment: On successful registration of application form, you will receive a Registration No. and Password on your mobile and Email. The payment can be done through Bank Challan generated after Registration. However, you can also pay the fee through online net banking. Fee deposited through Bank Challan will be confirmed in your login after 1 day.
Step 3 Uploading Images: You have to upload the scanned copy of the following documents.
- Left Thumb Impression
- Matric Certificate
- NEET Result Card
- Reserve Category Certificate (if applicable)
After this, you can take the print out of your application only if your application form is locked. Form will be automatically locked after cut off date and get printout. Don’t send this print out to University.
Application Fee: The application fee has to be paid under the stipulated time and date. Admission Application Fee will not be accepted in any form after due date/time in any case. The application fee for general candidates is Rs 5000 + GST of 18% (Rs 2500 + GST of 18% for SC candidates). Merely deposition of fee will not entitle the candidate for claim of admission. Fee once deposited in University Account will not be refunded/adjusted in any case.
Photograph and Signature Specifications
The photograph and signature have to be uploaded with the same specifications as mentioned by the University. The instructions for specification for photograph is as follows.
- A colour photograph of minimum 35×45 mm with at least 75% coverage of face &head of the candidate.
- A caption indicating name of candidate and date of taking photograph should be there at the bottom of photo.
- Photograph should be taken in a white /very light colored background.
- Photograph should not have cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed if being used regularly. POLAROID and COMPUTER generated photos are not acceptable.
- The photograph needs to display full front view of the face. Please look directly into the camera with a neutral expression.
- Please avoid photograph with reflection or shadow on the face with red eyes.
- The photograph needs to be printed on a high quality paper with at least 600 dpi resolutions.
- The colours must possess the natural appearance and skin tone.
- The photograph must not have kinks, scratches and stains
The size of the images to be uploaded is as follows.
|Photograph||Under 30 Kb|
|Signature||Under 30 Kb|
List of categories and category codes
The candidates must take utmost care while filling the category in the online Admission Application form. Category once claimed will not be changed in any case after submitting the form. Those candidates, who will not fill/claim any category code as per prospectus or wrongly filled category code other than those mentioned, will be treated as Open/General Category candidate. Claims to admissions against reserved seats in MBBS/BDS courses will be on the basis of appropriate claims made in the Admission Application Form. The list of categories and category codes is given below.
Eligibility Criteria for Punjab MBBS / BDS Admission 2019
Candidates interested for admission in MBBS/BDS from Punjab will have to apply for the application form, but, before filling the application form candidates need to fulfill the basic eligibility criteria laid down by Punjab government for admission of MBBS/BDS in the state of Punjab. Eligibility criteria can be checked from the points below:
- Candidates who have qualified NEET UG-2019 and eligible as per Punjab Govt. notifications and subsequent amendment(s)/corrigendum(s).
- Candidate should have attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on December 31, 2019. Candidates born on or after January 02, 2003 are not eligible to apply.
- The eligibility shall be in accordance with the eligibility criteria/qualification/qualifying criteria as prescribed by NEET.
Document Verification of Various Categories
The document verification process for various category candidates will start after the successful filling of application form and payment of fees. The provisional merit list will be released for only those candidates whose documents are verified and found to be true. The documents for various category candidates are as follows.
- The candidates who applied under Sports Category will submit printed/hard copy of online submitted form personally (by hand) in the University upto June 25, 2019, along with Sports Gradation Certificate issued by the Director, Sports, Punjab and other supporting self-attested copies of certificates/documents.
- Candidates of category Backward Area, Border Area, Persons with Disability-PWD, Terrorist/Sikh Riot affected and Freedom Fighter will report at Auditorium Hall at Guru Gobind Singh Medical College, Faridkot on June 26, 2019, (9:00 am) for physical verification of documents and checking of eligibility only.
- Candidates of categories wards of Armed Forces Personnel- Defence wards of Punjab Police Personnel, Punjab Armed Police, Punjab Home Guards and Para-Military Forces and Migrants from Jammu & Kashmir due to terrorist violence will report at Auditorium Hall at Guru Gobind Singh Medical College, Faridkot on June 26, 2019 at (12:00 noon) for physical verification of documents and checking of eligibility only.
- Candidates of Christian/Sikh Minority (as per schedule to be uploaded on the University website) will report at Auditorium Hall at Guru Gobind Singh Medical College, Faridkot on June 27, 2019 at 09:00 AM (for Christian), 2:00 PM (for Sikh) for physical verification of documents and checking of eligibility only.
- Remaining Candidates of Minority Quota (Sikh) will report at Auditorium Hall at Guru Gobind Singh Medical College, Faridkot on June 28, 2019, at 09:00 AM for physical verification of documents and checking of eligibility only.
Corrections in Online Application Form for Punjab MBBS / BDS Admission 2019
In case the candidates have done any mistake in the application form then they can correct the mistake by logging on again in his/her online application form by using the password provided by the University on or before the last date for submission of form. Online Admission Application Form will be locked automatically after the cut-off date for submission of online admission application form. No request for any correction in admission application form will be considered thereafter. Filling more than one form for one candidate may cause cancelation of the candidature
Counselling for Punjab MBBS / BDS Admission 2019
After the release of provisional merit list of candidates counselling for admission to Punjab MBBS/BDS course through NEET-UG-2019 will be started. First it has to be done online by filling online counselling form and then Physical counselling round. During online counselling, candidates will give their preferences of course, college, category, quota. The seat will be allocated as per the merit of NEET 2019 and order of preferences given by the candidate.
Note: Candidates of reserved categories (who scored marks equivalent or more than the minimum cut-off of open merit NEET marks) will also be considered in open merit, if open merit seat is available then seat of open merit will be allocated first, otherwise seat of reserved category will be allocated.
- For detailed steps on how to apply for Punjab MBBS/BDS online counselling under NEET 2019 Click Here
There will be one round of online counselling and subsequent round of physical counseling(s). After provisional allocation of the seat, candidates can download provisional allocation letter from the University website after login to their account and report to the respective college along with all original documents for the checking of documents and their eligibility. After checking of their original documents and eligibility, Principal of the respective college will issue a bank challan for deposition of tuition fee at any branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce. After depositing tuition fee, candidate will again report at the provisionally allocated college for their joining and medical checkup. If candidate is satisfied with seat allocated to him/her during online counselling, he/she is not required to participate in the subsequent round of counsellings.
Upgrading / Change of seat: In case, candidates want to upgrade/change their seats they will have to participate in the subsequent round of counselling and give their preferences afresh for the course/college/category/quota. In case any candidate wants to quit the course/seat, he/she will have to submit the application to the respective college regarding his/her surrender of seat well in advance before start of next round of counselling. In case candidate seat is upgraded/changed in the subsequent round of counselling and has already deposited the tuition fee, then he/she is not required to deposit fee again, provided there is no difference in fee if any.
Punjab MBBS / BDS Admission 2019 FAQs
Official Website: www.bfuhs.ac.in.