Punjab MBBS / BDS Admission 2018 – The Government of Punjab is pleased to notify the admission criteria to Undergraduate Degree courses of MBBS and BDS for the year 2018 onwards in the Government & Private Medical/Dental Institutes, including Institutes under Private Universities and Minority Institutions in the State of Punjab. The Government of Punjab has authorized Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot (BFUHS) to conduct centralized counseling for admissions into MBBS/BDS course on the basis of marks obtained in NEET.
After the declaration of the NEET result, the candidates shall apply on the specific proforma for all seats, except All India quota seats, to Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, (BFUHS), Faridkot. Admission shall be made by the Admission Committee through a Centralized Counselling by BFUHS, Faridkot on the basis of inter-se merit of NEET.
Punjab MBBS / BDS Admission 2018
The Government of Punjab has released the notification for admission to MBBS/BDS shall be based on the merit of National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET). Schedule for Punjab MBBS/BDS admission 2018 is given below.
|Display of NEET 2018 Result||04 Jun 2018|
|Application for filling starts||08 Jun 2018|
|Last date to apply for the process||23 Jun 2018|
|First Round of Online Counselling||30 Jun 2018|
|Last date for filling the online choices||03 Jul 2018|
|Display of the result of online counseling (allocation of colleges)||05 Jul 2018|
|Second Physical Counseling for Admission|
|Stray vacancy Round||15 Sep 2018|
- Click here to check Admission Notice for vacant seats of BDS course under NEET UG-2018.
- Click here to check the Tentative Stray Vacancy Position for BDS as Updated on Sep 13.
- Click here to check the Tentative Vacancy Position for BDS as Updated on Sep 04.
- Click here to check notice regarding MBBS/BDS Counselling on Aug 31.
- Click here to check the Tentative Tentative Stray Vacancy Position BDS as Updated on Aug 27.
- Click here to check the Tentative Stray Vacancy Position MBBS as Updated on Aug 27.
- Click here to check the Tentative Vacancy position of BDS as updated on Aug 18.
- Click here to check the Tentative Vacancy position of MBBS as updated on Aug 18.
- Click here to check the notice regarding vacancy position for MBBS as on August 17
- Click here to check the notice regarding vacancy position for BDS as on August 17
- Click here to check advertisement for Mop-up round admission.
- Click here to check the Notice regarding the MOP-Up round of counselling for MBBS/BDS
- Click here to check the notice regarding latest vacancy position of MBBS/BDS course after 3rd day of counselling .
- Click here to check the notice regarding vacancy arising due to shifting of candidates from any category/quota.
- Click here to check Notice regarding postponed of MBBS/BDS 2nd Physical Counselling.
- Click here to check Revised Schedule of MBBS/BDS 2nd Physical counselling.
- Click here to check the notice regarding verification of documents
Admission Notice for vacant seats of MBBS course under NEET UG-2018 (Stray Vacancy Round)
Stray Vacancy Round of Counseling of NEET UG-2018 for vacant seats of MBBS course will be held on August 08, 2018 at 10:00 am. The Qualified Candidates who have been registered during 1st / 2nd / MopUp round earlier:
- But not allotted any seat in 1st / 2nd / MopUp round of state counselling.
- Candidates who have surrendered the seat of 1st/2nd Counseling with forfeiture of fee upto August 18, 2018 are eligible for Stray Round.
Admission Notice for vacant seats of BDS course under NEET UG-2018 (2nd Mop Up Round)
Fresh Online applications along with requisite fee are invited from NEET UG-2018 Qualified Candidates upto September 05, 2018 (till 12:00 noon) for admission to vacant seats of BDS course. Counseling will be held on September 06, 2018 at 10:00 am. The candidates who have not applied earlier and candidates who have registered earlier but not allotted a seat in 1st / 2nd / 1st MopUp round of state counselling will have to apply afresh. Candidates who have surrendered the seat of 1st/2nd Counseling upto August 18, 2018 can apply. Candidates who are holding the seat of 1st/2nd /1st MopUp Round cannot apply. Stray vacancy round of counselling will be held on September 15, 2018 at 10:00 AM for vacant seats(if any).
The Conducting body has separately released the list of Eligible and Non Eligible Candidates under NEET-UG-2018. It is released for the candidates belonging to Sikh and Christian Minority Community. The Candidates can find the same in the link mentioned below. While the former are advised to gear up for further processes, the latter can prepare for next time.
- Click here to check Provisional Selection List of Mop Up round of counselling of BDS Course.
- Click here to check Provisional Selection Lists of Mop Up round of counselling of MBBS
- Click here to check Provisional Selection Lists of Mop Up round of counselling of BDS
- Click here for the list of Eligible Candidates belonging to Sikh community.
- Click here for the List of Ineligible Candidates belonging to Sikh Community.
- Click here for the list of Eligible/Not Eligible candidates in Christian Minority category.
- Click Here to check the list of candidates invited for document verification.
Schedule for Document Verification
Link for counselling in Punjab MBBS / BDS Admission 2018 is avalable now. The candidates desired to apply for MBBS/BDS Online counselling under UG NEET-2018 can check the link below.
- Click here to download MOP UP Round Counseling for MBBS/BDS (Option Form)
- Click here for online Apply link for Mop-Up round.
- Click here to check the Updated Tentative Seat Distribution of MBBS seats for 2nd Physical Counselling.
- Click here to check Important Public Notice regarding MBBS/BDS 2nd Physical Counselling.
- Click here to check Process of 2nd Physical Counselling.
- Click here to check Tentative Seat Distribution of MBBS seats for 2nd Physical Counselling.
- Click here to check Tentative Seat Distribution of BDS seats for 2nd Physical Counselling.
- Click here to check Provisional Allotment list of MBBS/BDS Candidates during 1st round of online counselling
- Click here to download allotment letter of MBBS/BDS 1st round of online counselling
- Click here to apply for MBBS/BDS Online counselling.
Second Physical Counselling Schedule
Provisional Merit List
The University has released the combined merit list of all candidates. It includes seperate list for General, BC and SC. It has been released on the official website and is also provided in the links given below for the convenience of the aspirants. Candidates can scroll down and select the required link. A separate merit list of different categories will be displayed on the University website at least 7 days before the counselling.
- Click here to check the Provisional Merit List of the candidates under NRI Category for Admission to MBBS/BDS Courses under NEET-UG 2018.
- Click here to check the merit list of Candidates belonging to Sports Category
- Click here for the provisional merit list of Candidates belonging to General Category.
- Click here for the provisional merit list of Candidates belonging to Backward Classes Category.
- Click here for the provisional merit list of Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste Category.
Notice regarding tuition fee
The process of registration is online. The official website that is to be referred is www.bfuhs.ac.in. Those who are eligible will apply for the admission into the course. The direct link will also be provided here.
Candidates have to click on the link provided on the official website “New Registration”. And then read the instructions carefully.
Apply Online: Click Here to apply online for MBBS / BDS Admission 2018.
Application process is over now!
Step 1 – Fill Registration Form
Fill the registration form carefully. You will be required to fill certain particulars which we have displayed below through the following image:-
Fill the required particulars such as – Name, Father Name, NEET Roll Number, NEET Marks, NEET All India Rank, NEET Percentile, Category, Minority Status, Date of Birth, Gender, Permanent Address, Correspondence Address, State, District./ City, Mobile Number, Email, Aadhaar Number, 12th class board roll number, 12th PCB marks in total, 12th class PCB marks obtained. “Save and proceed”
Before you proceed to next step, you will receive a Registration No. and Password on your registered mobile and Email. Now deposit the fee depending on your category.
|Category||Amount to be paid|
Fees can be paid in any Branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce or SBI Bank through challan. If the amount has been paid using online net banking., you shall receive the pay slip immediately. However, if the fees has been paid using through Bank Challan, the same will be confirmed in the candidate’s login account after 2 days.
Step 2 – Uploading of scanned Photo, Signature, Left Thumb impression
At this stage, the candidates are required to Upload their scanned passport size of Photograph. The file should be according to the specifications mentioned. Photograph pasted must be latest and identical. Take special care to note that the Name is printed at bottom of the photograph Uploaded alongwith Date.
Other documents to be uploaded
- Matric certificate (as age proof)
- NEET Result Card
- Reserve Category certificate (if applicable)
|Specifications for||Dimensions||Resolution||Max. size|
|Image||35×45||600 dpi||30 kb|
Step 3 – Print Application
After fulfilling these formalities, the candidates can take print out of the application form. It will be automatically locked after cut off date. There is no need to send this printout to the institution.
- Candidate must have passed 10+1 and 10+2 examination from the State of Punjab.
- A candidate who passed his/her 10+1 and 10+2 examinations or other equivalent examination from a recognized School/Institution situated in Chandigarh (Union Territory), who is a bonafide resident of Punjab shall also be eligible.
- NEET 2018- the candidate must have qualified NEET 2018 qualifying examination.
Colleges offering the course/Seat Matrix
According to the prospectus issued, the university is yet to publish its seat matrix based on the intake capacity in each course and affiliated institutions. It is clearly mentioned that the final seat matrix will be uploaded on the official website of the university in due course of time. But here is the EXPECTED seat matrix.
|Colleges offering MBBS|
|College offering the course||Management of college||Annual Intake|
|Adesh Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Bhatinda||Trust||150|
|Christian Medical College, Ludhiana||Trust||75|
|Dayanand Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana||Trust||100|
|Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital, Patiala||Trust||100|
|Government Medical College, Amritsar||Govt.||200|
|Government Medical College, Patiala||Govt.||200|
|Guru Govind Singh Medical College, Faridkot||Govt.||100|
|Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences, Jalandhar||Trust||150|
|Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Sri Amritsar||Trust||150|
|Colleges offering BDS|
|College offering the course||Management of college||Annual Intake|
|Adesh Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Bhatinda||Private||100|
|Baba Jaswant Singh Dental College Hospital & Research Institute, Ludhiana||Private||100|
|Christian Dental College, Ludhiana||Private||40|
|Dasmesh Institute of Research & Dental Sciences, Faridkot||Private||100|
|Genesis Institute of Dental Sciences & Research, Ferozepur||Private||100|
|Govt. Dental College & Hospital, Patiala||Govt.||40|
|Guru Nanak Dev Dental College & Research Institute, Sunam||Private||100|
|Luxmi Bai Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Patiala||Private||100|
|National Dental College & Hospital, Gulabgarh||Private||100|
|Pb. Govt. Dental College & Hospital, Amritsar||Govt.||40|
|Rayat Bahra Dental College, Mohali||Private||100|
|Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha Dental College & Hospital, Ludhiana||Private||50|
|Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Dental Sciences & Research, Amritsar||Private||60|
|Sukhmani Dental College & Hospital, Derabassi||Private||100|
|Fees for Government Medical/Dental Institutes|
|MBBS/BDS course||Annual fees|
|01st-year MBBS/BDS||Rs. 80,000|
|02nd-year MBBS/BDS||Rs. 90,000|
|03rd-year MBBS/BDS||Rs. 1,00,000|
|04th year MBBS/BDS||Rs. 1,10,000|
|05th year MBBS||Rs. 60,000|
|Fees for admission in Govt./Private/Medical/Dental Institutes under NRI quota|
|Category||Fees full course|
|15% NRI quota MBBS course||US $ 1,10,000|
|15% quota BDS course||US $ 44,000|
|Fees for admission to private institutes for MBBS course|
|Course||Government quota 50%||Management quota 35%|
|01st year||Rs. 2,20,000||Rs. 6,60,000|
|02nd year||Rs. 2,42,000||Rs. 7,26,000|
|03rd year||Rs. 2,66,200||Rs. 7,98,600|
|04th year||Rs. 2,92,820||Rs. 8,78,460|
|05th year||Rs. 3,22,102||Rs. 9,66,306|
|Fees for admission to private institutes for BDS course|
|01st year||Rs. 1,65,000||Rs. 2,20,000|
|02nd year||Rs. 1,81,500||Rs. 2,42,000|
|03rd year||Rs. 1,99,650||Rs. 2,66,200|
|04th year||Rs. 2,19,615||Rs. 2,92,820|
Click Here to check the Fee Structure of MBBS/BDS Course – 2018.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) is a first professional degree in medicine and surgery which is awarded to candidates after they complete the course of 5.5 years which includes 4.5 years of curriculum plus one year of internship. Recently, Government of India added additional one year of internship plus one year of rural posting. It is a highly competitive exam which requires perseverance and efficiency.
Punjab MBBS Admission 2018 Overview
There are three government medical colleges in Punjab and some medical colleges which runs under the Trusts. The colleges that are run by Trusts are located in Bhatinda, Gurdaspur, Ludhiana, and Jalandhar. The government medical colleges are situated in Patiala, Amritsar, and Faridkot. The Hon’ble Supreme court has issued notice to all State Govt & Medical Council that from now there shall be Single Entrance Test for UG & PG courses in India.
Cut Off for admission to MBBS Course under NEET-UG, session 2017 is given below.
Official Website: www.bfuhs.ac.in.