TNSF Consortium CET 2018 – The Consortium is granted permission to admit the students in Postgraduate (MBA / MCA/ M.E / M.TECH / M.ARCH) in various private professional, arts and science colleges under the Management Quota in the state of Tamilnadu on the basis of Common Entrance Test for the academic year 2018-2019. Candidates can check the complete information of TNSF Consortium CET 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
TNSF Consortium CET 2018 for MBA / MCA / ME / M.Tech / M.Arch
Candidates seeking admission in various courses may apply online or offline from the official website www.tnsfconsortium.org as per schedule. Those candidates who have filled their application form are eligible to download the admit card for Entrance Test.
Schedule for the TNSF Consortium CET 2018 is given below.
|Commencement of Application Form||04 Jun 2018|
|Last date of Issue of Application form||07 Jul 2018|
|Last date for submission of filled in Application form||10 Jul 2018|
|Commencement of Hall ticket||18 Jul 2018|
|Date of Common Entrance Test MBA / MCA||04 Aug 2018|
|Date of Common Entrance Test M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch||05 Aug 2018|
|Publication of Result and Rank List||27 Aug 2018|
TNSF Consortium CET 2018 result has been released on the official website. Candidates can check their result of MBA / MCA and M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch Entrance Exam. the direct link to check the same is also provided below for the sake of candidates.
- Click here to check MBA CET Result 2018.
- Click here to check MCA CET Result 2018.
- Click here to check M.E/M.TECH/M.ARCH CET result 2018.
The Admit card for TNSF Consortium CET 2018 is now available online at the official website. It has been released after the successful completion of the application form. Candidate who will fill out and submit the application form on time can only be able to download their admit card from the official website. Candidates have to download the admit card on or before its last date. Without admit card no candidates will be admitted to the examination hall.
Admit Card: Click here to download admit card for TNSF Consortium CET 2018.
Application Form 2018
Candidates desirous of appearing for the MBA / MCA / M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch Common Entrance Test – 2018 conducted by the Consortium can fill their applications in the prescribed format. Candidates can fill the application form by visiting the direct link provided on this page, Application form must be filled and submitted on or before its last date. Before fiiling the application form candidates must ensure their eligibility.
Apply: Click Here to fill the application form for MBA / MCA / M.E. / M.TECH / M.ARCH
common entrance test-2018. Process Over…!!!
(i) In the prescribed application format by post.
- The candidates have to fill in the application form (Data Sheet) given along with the information booklet.
- Send the completed application form (Data Sheet) along with the Examination fees in the form of a crossed demand draft for Rs.400/- (Rupees Four Hundred Only) (Rs.200/- for Tamil Nadu SC/ SCA/ST candidates) drawn in favour of “Consortium of Self Financing Professional, Arts and Science Colleges in Tamilnadu” payable at Chennai, obtained from any nationalised bank. The SC/SCA/ST candidates will have to enclose and attested xerox copy of their permanent community certificate card issued by competent authority along with the application.
- If the Candidate is desirous of attending both MBA / MCA and M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch Common Entrance Test, he/she has to enclose an additional Common Entrance Test fees in the form of a demand draft for Rs.800/- (Rupees Eight Hundred Only) (Rs.400/- for TamilNadu SC/SCA/ST candidates) along with the filled in application form (Data Sheet). (Refer Table -1 of Page 10, for Fee particulars.)
- The completed application form (Data sheet) along with the enclosures should reach the following address on or before the last date of application.The SecretaryMBA / MCA / M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch Common Entrance Test – 2018 Consortium of Self – Financing Professional, Arts and Science Colleges in Tamilnadu, AF 57,11th MAIN ROAD, ANNA NAGAR WEST, CHENNAI -600 040.
- After processing, the hall tickets will be sent by post to the eligible candidates.
(ii) Online direct mode
Candidates residing outside Tamilnadu and who are unable to reach the application distribution center to fill applications, may opt for this mode.
The procedure is as follows:
- Log into internet / Go to any internet browsing center
- Log on to www.tnsfconsortium.org
- Read the instructions thoroughly by downloading the MBA / MCA / M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch COMMON ENTRANCE TEST- 2018 information brochure and follow the steps.
- For online registration of your application click on MBA / MCA / M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch CET-2018 ONLINE APPLICATION
- Open the application format by clicking the MBA / MCA / M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch CET-2018 ONLINE APPLICATION and type required data. Verify whether all data are correctly entered.
- Submit the application by clicking the submit button at the bottom of the application format.
- After a short time, your filled in application along with an application number will appear on the computer monitor screen. Take a Printout of this application on a A4 size standard copier paper.
- Affix your recently taken colour passport size photograph on the application in the space provided for this purpose.
- Affix your signature in the space provided for this purpose.
- Send the completed application form (Data sheet) along with the enclosures and a crossed demand draft Rs.450/- (Examination fee Rs.400/- and application fee Rs.50/-), Rs.250/- for Tamilnadu SC/SCA/ST candidates (Examination fee Rs.200/- and application fee Rs.50/- drawn in favour of “Consortium of Self Financing Professional, Arts and Science Colleges in Tamilnadu” payable at chennai, obtained from any nationalised bank for Fee particulars).
- The application must be sent to the following address so as to reach the Consortium Office on or before the last date.
MBA / MCA / M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch Common Entrance Test-2018
Consortium of Self-financing Professional, Arts and Science Colleges in Tamilnadu,
AF 57,11th MAIN ROAD, ANNA NAGAR WEST, CHENNAI -600 040.
- On receipt of your application along with demand draft, processing will be done and the Hall Ticket will be despatched by post to eligible candidates.
Application / Test Fees
M.B.A. Degree Programme
A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration and obtained at least 50% (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying degree examination
- 10 + 2 + 3 years pattern (or)
- 10 + 3 years Diploma + 3 years pattern (or)
- B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. / B.Pharm (or)
- AMIE with 2 years regular full time Teaching experience / Industrial experience in the relevant field after successful completion of the course including project work. An experience certificate is to be produced by the candidates.
- 10 + 2 + AMIE (or)
- 10 + 3 Years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
M.C.A. Degree Programme:
A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration with mathematics at 10 + 2 level or at Graduate level and obtaind atleast 50% (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved catagory) in the qualifying degree examination.
- 10 + 2 + 3/4 years pattern (or)
- 10+3 years Diploma +3 years pattern
- 10 + 2 +AMIE (or)
- 10 + 3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
M.C.A Lateral Entry
A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B.Sc. (Information Technology / Computer Science) with mathematics as a course at 10+2 level or at Graduate level and obtained atleast 50% (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examinations.
- 10 + 2 + 3 years pattern
M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. & M.Plan Degree Programme
A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field and obtaind atleast 50% (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination.
- B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. degree programme (or)
- B.Pharm (or)
- Master’s Degree in the relevant branch of Science / Arts, which are prescribed. (or)
- 10 + 2 + AMIE (or)
- 10 + 3 Years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE.
Candidates with section ‘A’ & ‘B’ certificates and other similar certificates of professional bodies or societies (e.g. A.M.I.E.) recognised by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India are considered to be equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Degree holders only with 2 years regular full time experience in the relevant field after successful completion of the course including project work. An experience certificate is to be produced by the candidates.
- Candidates admitted through lateral entry in degree courses are not eligible except, B.E. / B.Tech. and M.C.A. degree courses.
- Candidates with B.E. / B.Tech. / M.C.A. / M.Sc. degrees obtained through Distance mode / week end courses are not eligible.
- Candidates with degree obtained without studying 10th, 12th Std. or 3 years degree programme are not eligible.
Candidates who will be appearing for the final semester / year examination of the said qualifying degree course during April / May 2018 may also apply for Common Entrance Test – 2018, expect AIME.
Acceptance of a person as a candidate for writing the Entrance Test does not confer on the person, the right of equivalent eligibility for admission to any of the above courses. The decision on the eligibility of the candidates for admission to a course entirely rests with the admitting authority offering the courses.
Other state candidates can also appear for the Entrance Test, but the eligibility conditions will be fixed by the admitting authority / University.
Permission to appear for the Common Entrance Test is only an enabling provision and does not mean that the candidate satisfies all the requirements stipulated for admission to the MBA / MCA / M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch courses as listed above.
Details of Entrance Test
M.B.A. Degree Programme
The Question paper will be of 5 parts with the following topics
Part 1 : To evalute the candidate’s ability to pick out critically the data and apply the data to business decisions from given typical business situations.
Part 2 : To evalute the skill of the candidate in answering questions based on the passages in the comprehension.
Part 3 : To evalute the skill on solving mathematical problems of graduate level including those learnt in plus two or equivalent level.
Part 4 : To test on determining data sufficiency for answering certain questions using data given plus the knowledge of Mathematics and use of day-to-day facts.
Part 5 : To test the knowledge on written English with questions on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation etc.,
Candidates are required to answer 100 objective type questions in 2 hours. Each question will have four probable answers. The candidate has to choose the correct answer and shade the appropriate box against the question in the answer sheet with HB Pencil.
MCA Degree Programme
The question paper will be designed to test the capability of the candidates in the following areas:
- Quantitative ability 2. Analytical reasoning 3. Logical reasoning 4. Computer awareness
There may also be a few questions on verbal activity, basic sciences etc.
The question paper will have 100 objective type questions, each objective type question will have four probable answers, the candidate has to choose the correct answer and shade the appropriate box against the question in the answer sheet with HB pencil.
MBA / MCA / M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch Degree Programme
To know about the details syllabus for above programme candidates refer to the Information brochure attached at the bottom on this page below.
MBA / MCA / M.E / M.TECH / M.ARCH Common Entrance Test ‐ 2018 Centers
Centers for entrance examination held for is given below.
Official Website: www.tnsfconsortium.org
For more details about TNSF Consortium CET 2018 – Download Information Brochure.