UP PG Medical Admission through NEET PG 2020 – In view of the spread of COVID – 19, Directorate General of Medical Education and Training (DGHE), Uttar Pradesh (UP) has postponed the UP PG Medical/Dental counselling for the admission in MD/ MS/ MDS/ Diploma courses. Candidates are adviced to keep in touch with official website, to know latest information about rescheduled new dates. Admission to Postgraduate Medical & Dental Admission 2020 is made on the basis of National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) 2020 / NEET MDS 2020. Candidates need to register themselves online from the official website upneet.gov.in or updgme.in. UP PG Medical Merit list is made on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in the. Scroll down to get more information about UP PG Medical Admission 2020 from this page.
Latest: DGHE has released the notice for postponed of UP PG Medical/Dental counselling. Check the same from below image.
Notice: Click here to check the UP PG Medical/Dental counselling Postponed Notice.
UP PG Medical Admission through NEET PG 2020
Candidates who have appeared for NEET PG (MD, MS, Diploma) 2020 & NEET PG MDS 2020 Examination and desirous of applying for available seats of Medical/Dental Course in Government/ Private institutions including central/state/ deemed universities/ Minority colleges in the State of Uttar Pradesh should submit information online as per schedule shared on this page. Candidates can check the dates for UP PG Medical Admission 2020 as below:
schedule of UP PG Medical Admission
|UP PG Medical Admission||Dates|
|Dates of Online Registration|
|Online security fee payment|
|Declaration of 1st round merit list|
|Date for 1st round online counselling (choice filling and Locking)|
|Declaration of result of seat allotment 1st round|
|Date for downloading allotment letters|
|Online security fee payment|
|Declaration of 2nd round merit list|
|Date for 2nd round online counselling (choice filling and Locking)|
|Declaration of result of seat allotment 2nd round|
|Date for downloading allotment letters|
|Mop Up Round|
|Commencement of the academic Session/Term|
Latest News on UP PG Medical Admission through NEET PG 2020
Candidates can check the information brochure related to UP PG Medical admission through NEET PG 2020 from below.
- Click here to check the UP PG Medical Admission 2020 Information Brochure.
UP PG Medical Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must read the criteria of eligibility before applying for the application form. Below mentioned points shows the criteria of eligibility. Read from below.
- Candidates who have qualified in NEET PG 2020.
- Candidates who have registered on the website of NIC i.e. upneet.gov.in.
- Those candidates who have completed their internship on or before March 31, 2020.
- Candidates who hold a MBBS/BDS course from the state govt. medical colleges and recognized Private medical/Dental colleges of UP are eligible to apply for admission in State Quota Seats in govt. medical colleges/institutes/Universities of UP tthrough NEET PG 2020/ NEET MDS 2020.
- Candidates who have MBBS/BDS degree from outside of UP are eligible for admission only in Private medical/Dental colloges/Universities.
Note: Candidates can check the detailed eligibility norms from information brochure, which is attached above in this article.
UP PG Medical Admission 2020 Counselling Process
Stage 1: Counselling Registration
After reading all the eligibility criteria candidate now can register themselves for the application process. Candidates can apply online by visiting the website upneet.gov.in. Only those candidates who make the successful online payment of Rs. 3000/- as the registration fee only be considered for inclusion in the state merit list. Applicants must fill the application form on or before its last date. After making a successful payment, the candidate receives a registration number at his/her registered mobile number and email id. Candidates also download the registration slip for future reference.
- Firstly, visit the official website, which is upneet.gov.in
- Registration: Candidates have to register by providing NEET PG Roll no. and Email ID. Registration process is done in two steps; Registration Fee submission and Filling the Registration Details.
- After the completion of registration process, candidates will generate the login credential, this login details will also be used for locking of the choices.
- At last, download the registration slip for future use.
Stage 2: Online Security Money Payment
- Pay security money through online mode like Net banking/Credit Card/ Debit card before choice filling.
- Download receipt of security money for future reference.
- Choice filling option will be available only after deposition of security money.
Stage 3: Releasing of Merit List
The UP medical and dental admission 2020 merit list is released online on the official website. The merit list contains the details of those candidates who have considered for admission to the course. Seats are offered to only eligible candidates strictly according to their position in the NEET PG 2020 exam. The merit list is based on the scores secured by the candidates in the NEET 2020 exam. Final merit list will be prepared after providing weightage to in-service (PMHS) candidates as per provisions of Govt. order. Shortlisted candidates are called for the counselling for allotment of seats. The merit list contains the following details in it. Read from below
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Roll Number
- State Rank
- NEET category
- UP Category
- UP SUB Category
- NEET Rank
- NEET Marks
Stage 3: Choice Filling
Candidate has to select the colleges or the course specialities online by visiting the official website. The steps are given below for the choice filling procedure candidate can follow them step by step and can finally fill the choice filling of colleges.
- Step 1 – Candidate has to visit the official website.
- Step 2 – Now, the candidate has to click on the choice filling.
- Step 3- Applicant has to log with the help of login credentials.
- Step 4 – Candidate must fill the maximum of choices and don’t forget to lock them as without it the choice filling are not considered.
Stage 4: Seat Allotment
After the choice filling, the candidate has to go on the official website and check seat allotment status. If the seats are not allotted in the first round then you have to fill the choices of the second round. If the officials allots another seat than the previously allotted seat might get cancelled. The allotment of seats is done online by the online process on merit cum option basis.
Documents to be required at the time of counselling
Candidates after the release of the merit list and choice filling are called for the counselling round. The counselling process includes the verification of documents of the candidates. Candidates are advised to carry both original as well as the self attested copies of the document on the date of the counselling. Candidates must report for the counselling as per the schedule as no further chance is provided to the candidates.
Documents to carry at the time of Counselling
- High School Certificate as proof of date of birth.
- Mark sheets of all professional examinations.
- MBBS/BDS passing out certificate or degree.
- Compulsory Rotatory Internship completion certificate.
- Permanent Registration Certificate (U.P. State/MCI/DCI).
- Employers relieving certificate, if employed.
- S.C./S.T./O.B.C./Person with Disability certificate, if applicable.
- Copy of Allotment letter (as downloaded)
- Admit Card of NEET PG 2020.
- Online registration proof.
- Print out of candidate’s State merit placement.
UP PG Medical Admission 2020 Cut Off
The university releases the minimum cut off marks which candidate has to attain for the admission to the course.Below in the table last year UP PG MDS cut off is written.Candidate’s can take the idea from the last year data.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Criteria||Cut Off Score|
|General Category||25.835 Percentile||172|
|Person with Disability||20.835 Percentile||156|
UP PG Medical Admission 2020 Seat Matrix
For the ease of the candidates and to get the idea of the number of seats each college offered to the course the seat matrix is shared below. Check here Seat Matrix.
PG Medical Admission 2020 Reservation Criteria
Candidates can check the PG Medical Admission 2020 reservation criteria as given table:
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
- PH – 5%
Directorate General of Medical Education and Training (DGME)
Director-General of medical education and training plays a pivotal role in developing medical and para-medical personnel to take care of the health needs of the state. The department also plays an important role in the establishment and maintenance of well-equipped teaching institutions. Its function is to make arrangements of high-quality research on different subjects in State Medical colleges. It provides educational training in Medical, Dental and Paramedical colleges.
Official Website: upneet.gov.in.
For more details of UP Medical & Dental Admission 2020 – Download UP PG Medical/ Dental 2020 Notification
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.