|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
UPESEAT 2018 will be conducted by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES). The entrance exam will be held for B.Tech admission. The UPES Engineering Aptitude Test -2018 (UPESEAT) will be held in online and offline mode. The dates for the examination is available and the candidates can check the same from the page below. The UPES Early Admission 2018 is now over. The admission of the candidate will now be done on the basis of their performance in UPESEAT 2018. 80% seats are reserved for candidates who apply for admission through UPESEAT 2018 and 20% seats shall be filled through JEE/ Board Merit. Check complete details of UPESEAT 2018 including the application form, admit card, result, exam pattern, counseling and admission from the article below.
UPESEAT 2018 is designed to test a candidate’s aptitude in subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English, Current Affairs. UPESEAT 2018 shall be held at 41 exam centers. Candidates can check the schedule for UPES Early Admission 2018 and UESEAT 2018 in the table below.
|UPESEAT 2018 (Regular Admission)|
|The last date to apply||20 Apr 2018|
|Admit card will be available from||25 Apr 2018|
|UPESEAT 2018 offline exam||05 May 2018|
|UPESEAT 2018 online exam||11 – 13 May 2018|
|Result||To be announced|
|UPES Early Exam|
|Exam Date||Last Date to Apply|
|26 Nov 2017||24 Nov 2017|
|03 Dec 2017||01 Dec 2017|
|10 Dec 2017||08 Dec 2017|
|17 Dec 2017||15 Dec 2017|
|24 Dec 2017||22 Dec 2017|
|31 Dec 2017||29 Dec 2017|
|07 Jan 2018||31 Dec 2017|
UPESEAT Application Form 2018
The UPESEAT 2018 Application Form for Regular admission will be available online at the official website upes.ac.in. Aspirants who wish to seek admission to any of the programme can apply online by remitting application fees using debit/credit cards or net banking. The application forms for UPESEAT 2018 will also be available in offline mode. Applicants can obtain the prospectus and application form from UPES Enrolment Offices at Dehradun/Delhi. The payment will be made in the form of Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of “UPES Fee Account”, payable at Dehradun/ New Delhi.
UPESEAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Only candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1996, are eligible to apply for admission
- For B.Tech Programs: The candidate must have obtained a minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th& 12th) and minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th).
- For B.Tech+LL.B(Hons.) Programs: The candidate must have obtained a minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th& 12th) and minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th).
Eligibility Criteria through Board Merit / JEE Merit (Subject to number of seats allotted)
- The candidates must have obtained a minimum 80% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- The candidates must have obtained a minimum 80% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level(12th).
JEE Main Merit:
- The candidates must have obtained a minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- The candidates must have secured a minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level(12th)
- JEE Mains cut off for applying for a UPES B. Tech program shall be 70 and above.
Eligibility Criteria for International Students
The students must fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements as laid down for their chosen program at UPES as provided below:-
- The candidates applying for admission to undergraduate programs must have obtained a higher secondary school certificate (with a minimum percentage of marks as prescribed) and taken requisite courses necessary to meet the eligibility criteria for the Program of admission.
- It is recommended that students have the following:
- College of Engineering Studies: Undergraduate programs: SAT score of 1500/Postgraduate programs: GRE Score of 1700 (cumulative).
- Students from non-English speaking countries should satisfy UPES that they have adequate proficiency in English in order to be able to undertake the program of their choice. If required, an undertaking from such students shall be taken to undergo the English Language Training for a specific period of time (depending on the proficiency to be assessed by UPES on arrival) before starting the actual Program of admission. Qualifying TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent may not be mandatory but strongly advised.
- Students must possess a valid passport for the duration of the study.
UPESEAT 2018 Admit Card
The UPESEAT 2018 Admit Card will be available for download in online mode only. The candidates who will successfully register for the exam will be able to download the admit card. To download the admit card for UPESEAT 2018, the applicant needs to enter details such as Application Number, Date of Birth. Candidates need to bring the duly completed downloaded admit card with photograph affixed (duly attested) in the space provided. It will have to be produced at the allotted test center.
UPESEAT Exam Pattern 2018
- Time duration: 3 Hours
- Type of Question: Multiple choice Questions
- Marking Scheme: It is expected that the marking scheme will be same as last year, i.e., for every correct answer, the candidates shall be awarded 1 mark, while no mark will be deducted for any wrong answer.
- Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
Syllabus: The syllabus would be same as that of JEE mains. Candidates are advised to prepare for the constituent subjects Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language Comprehension, Current Affairs Awareness thoroughly for the exam.
|English Language Comprehension||30|
|Current Affairs Awareness||20|
|Total no. of Questions||200|
UPESEAT 2018 Result
The UPESEAT 2018 Result will be announced by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies. Candidates will be able to check their result online on the University’s official website. Also, the UPES will display a merit list for UPESEAT, JEE Main, and other admission pathways. Candidates will be able to check their result by entering their UPESEAT 2018 application number along with UPESEAT 2018 roll number or UPESEAT 2018 application number with the registered mobile number.
UPESEAT Admission Criteria 2018
The University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) has set up the following admission criteria of UPESEAT 2018:
- Candidates will be selected through UPESEAT 2018 followed by a Centralized Counseling.
- Centralized Counseling through Merit Ranking for candidates who chose examination pathway through Board Merit / JEE Merit.
- Up to 20% seats shall be filled through Board Merit / JEE Merit category
UPESEAT Scholarship 2018
All India Category
- Eligibility Criteria – The candidate must have secured 80% marks in class 10th and 12th with 85% in PCM
- 50% tuition fee waiver on 10% seats in each program in the first year for CBSE, ICSE & State board pass out students
- The Scholarship will be renewed in the Second Semester provided the student obtains SGPA of 8/10.
- Scholarship in subsequent years will be as per scholarship policy of the University
Uttarakhand Domicile Special Scholarships
- The candidate must have secured a minimum 80% marks in each of 10th, 12th class and PCM for B.Tech.
- 150 toppers from Uttarakhand board
- Merit order allotment of 1 seat per program.
- The seats reserved under this category will be within the 15% reservation for Uttarakhand Domicile students.
- Should have “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” (Permanent Residence Certificate)
- Students will be entitled only for 1 scholarship at a time (either through Uttarakhand Board Merit or through Uttarakhand Domicile category)
- 25% of tuition fee for Boys and 35% for Girl students in the first year
- The Scholarship will be renewed in the Second Semester provided the student obtains SGPA of 8/10
- Scholarship in subsequent years will be as per scholarship policy of the University
Note: The candidates placed in the compartment shall not be eligible for admission to any program of study in the University.
UPESEAT 2018 Counselling
The UPES will conduct the counseling of UPESEAT 2018 after the declaration of result. Depending upon the total number of candidates for counseling and numbers of vacant seats, the university may conduct the counseling for admission in one or more than one phases. The candidates who will qualify the written test will be called for counseling. The University will also conduct counseling for those candidates on the basis of Board/ JEE Main Rank Merit.
Programs on offer
- 31 B.Tech programs
- B.Tech+ LLB programs (These programs are offered by the College of Legal Studies, UPES)
UPESEAT Previous Years Question Papers
- Question Paper 2016
- Question Paper 2015
- Question Paper 2014
- Question Paper 2013
- Question Paper 2012
- Question Paper 2011