|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) will be conducting UPESEAT 2018 for B.Tech admission. The UPES Engineering Aptitude Test will be held in online and offline mode. The dates for the examination has released and the candidates may check it from the page below. The application form for UPESEAT 2018 is available on the official website of the University, in the month of December 2018. However, it should be noted that the application form for UPES early admission has released. Aspirants, who have scored a minimum 50% marks in Class 12th or equivalent will be eligible to appear for the test. Eligible students are invited to apply for UPESEAT 2018 and appear for the exam. Check complete details of UPESEAT 2018 including the application form, admit card, result, exam pattern, counselling and admission from the article below.
UPESEAT 2018 is designed to test a candidate’s aptitude in subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English, Current Affairs. UPES Dehradun College of Engineering Studies offers industry aligned programs in high growth sectors that are aligned to drive the economy.
|UPESEAT 2018||UPES Early Exam|
|Event||Dates||Exam Date||Last Date to Apply|
|Availability of application form||Expected on Dec||26 Nov 2017||24 Nov 17|
|The last date to apply||20 Apr 2018||3 Dec 2017||01 Dec 2017|
|Admit card will be available from||25 Apr 2018||10 Dec 2017||08 Dec 2017|
|UPESEAT 2018 offline exam||05 May 2018||17 Dec 2017||15 Dec 2017|
|24 Dec 2017||22 Dec 2017|
|UPESEAT 2018 online exam||11 – 13 May 2018||31 Dec 2017||29 Dec 2017|
|07 Jan 2018||31 Dec 2017|
UPES Early Admission 2018
Early admission scheme by UPES allows candidates to apply for B.Tech admission, before UPESEAT. For early admission, the candidates who cleared the school Board examination or are appearing for it may apply. In the qualifying examination, the candidate must have had Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, with a minimum of 60% marks. Also, even in class X and XI the aggregate score should be above 60%.
- Apply Here for UPES Early Admission 2018
The UPES Early admission entrance exam will be held online. The admit card will not be issued to the candidates because the candidates can give it from any laptop or desktop. However, the system must have a webcam and good internet connection. Few important points about the early bird admission are as below:
- To access the test, the candidates will have to enter Name, valid e-mail id (it will be given in the application form), and UPES application number.
- Candidates will also need a valid photo id proof. It can be a Voter Id card, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, or Passport.
- The exam will be of 3 hours and no negative marking will be applicable.
- The result of the UPES early admission will be announced within 2 days from the test date.
- A conditional offer letter will be issued to the qualified candidates. The condition will of securing minimum 60% total aggregate marks in class 12th and in class 12th PCM
- Qualified candidates must submit 50% of the semester fee within 10 days of the result. Only then they will get the admission.
UPESEAT 2018 Application Process
The application process for UPESEAT 2018 for undergraduate engineering programmes has begun now. Aspirants who wish to seek admission to any of the programme can apply online by remitting application fees using debit/credit cards or net banking. The application forms for UPESEAT 2018 will also be available in offline mode, Applicants can get the prospectus and application form from UPES Enrolment Offices at Dehradun/Delhi. The payment will be made in the form of Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of “UPES Fee Account”, payable at Dehradun/ New Delhi.
UPESEAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Only candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 19956are eligible to apply for admission
- For B.Tech Programs: The candidate must have obtained a minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th& 12th) and minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th).
- For B.Tech+LL.B(Hons.) Programs: The candidate must have obtained a minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th& 12th) and minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th).
Eligibility Norms through Board Merit / JEE Merit(Subject to number of seats allotted)
- The candidates must have obtained a minimum 80% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- The candidates must have obtained a minimum 80% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level(12th).
JEE Main Merit:
- The candidates must have obtained a minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- The candidates must have secured a minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level(12th)
- JEE Mains cut off for applying for a UPES B. Tech program shall be 70 and above
Eligibility Criteria for International Students
The students must fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements as laid down for their chosen program at UPES as provided below
- The candidates applying for admission to undergraduate programs must have obtained a higher secondary school certificate (with minimum percentage of marks as prescribed) and taken requisite courses necessary to meet the eligibility criteria for the Program of admission.
- However, for admission to postgraduate Program at UPES, the equivalence for the Undergraduate Degree earned by the candidate in his/her country shall be obtained from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).In certain cases, students may be requested to obtain the necessary certification from AIU in this regard.
- It is recommended that students have the following:
- College of Engineering Studies:Undergraduate programs: SAT score of 1500/Postgraduate programs: GRE Score of 1700 (cumulative).
- Students from non-English speaking countries should satisfy UPES that they have adequate proficiency in English in order to be able to undertake the program of their choice. If required, an undertaking from such students shall be taken to undergo the English Language Training for a specific period of time (depending on the proficiency to be assessed by UPES on arrival) before starting the actual Program of admission. Qualifying TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent may not be mandatory but strongly advised.
- Students must possess a valid passport for the duration of study.
UPESEAT 2018 Admit Card
On the basis of the information in the Application form, admit card of provisionally eligible candidates will be uploaded on the University website upes.ac.in. Candidates need to bring the duly completed downloaded admit card with photograph affixed (duly attested) in the space provided will have to be produced at the allotted test center. Candidates who will register for the test could download UPESEAT 2018 admit card by using their application number and date of birth. Candidates without the admit card or card without the photograph will not be permitted to take the test.
UPESEAT Exam Pattern 2018
Time duration: 3 Hours
Type of Question: Multiple choice
Marking Scheme: It is expected that the marking scheme will be same as last year, i.e., for every correct answer, the candidates shall be awarded 1 mark, while no mark will be deducted for any wrong answer.
Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
Syllabus: The syllabus would be same as that of JEE mains. Candidates are advised to prepare for the constituent subjects Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language Comprehension, Current Affairs Awareness thoroughly for the exam.
|English Language Comprehension||30|
|Current Affairs Awareness||20|
|Total no. of Questions||200|
UPESEAT Previous Years Question Papers
- Question Paper 2016
- Question Paper 2015
- Question Paper 2014
- Question Paper 2013
- Question Paper 2012
- Question Paper 2011
UPESEAT 2018 Result
The UPESEAT 2018 Result will be announced the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies. Candidates will be able to check their result online on the University’s official website. Also, the UPES will display a merit lists for UPESEAT, JEE Main and other admission pathways. Candidates shall be able to check their result by entering their UPESEAT 2018 application number along with UPESEAT 2018 roll number or UPESEAT 2018 application number with registered mobile number.
UPESEAT Admission Criteria 2018
The University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) has set up the following admission criteria of UPESEAT 2018:
- Candidates will be selected through UPESEAT 2018 followed by a Centralized Counseling.
- Centralized Counseling through Merit Ranking for candidates who chose examination pathway through Board Merit / JEE Merit.
- Upto 20% seats shall be filled through Board Merit / JEE Merit category
UPESEAT Scholarship 2018
All India Category
- Eligibility Criteria – The candidate must have secured 80% marks in class 10th and 12th with 85% in PCM
- 50% tuition fee waiver on 10% seats in each program in first year for CBSE, ICSE & State board pass out students
- The Scholarship will be renewed in the Second Semester provided the student obtains SGPA of 8/10.
- Scholarship in subsequent years will be as per scholarship policy of the University
Uttarakhand Domicile Special Scholarships
- The candidate must have secured a minimum 80% marks in each of 10th, 12th class and PCM for B.Tech.
- 150 toppers from Uttarakhand board
- Merit order allotment of 1 seat per program.
- The seats reserved under this category will be within the 15% reservation for Uttarakhand Domicile students.
- Should have “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” (Permanent Residence Certificate)
- Students will be entitled only for 1 scholarship at a time (either through Uttarakhand Board Merit or through Uttarakhand Domicile category)
- 25% of tuition fee for Boys and 35% for Girl students in first year
- The Scholarship will be renewed in the Second Semester provided the student obtains SGPA of 8/10
- Scholarship in subsequent years will be as per scholarship policy of the University
Note: The candidates placed in the compartment shall not be eligible for admission to any program of study in the University.
UPESEAT 2018 Counselling
The UPES will conduct the counselling of UPESEAT 2018 after the declaration of result. Depending upon the total number of candidates for counselling and numbers of vacant seats, the university may conduct the counselling for admission in one or more than one phases. The candidates who will qualify the written test will be called for counselling. The University will also conduct counselling for those candidates on the basi of Board/ JEE Main Rank Merit.
Programs on offer
- 31 B.Tech programs
- B.Tech LLB programs (These programs are offered by the College of Legal Studies, UPES)