Vidyasagar University PG Admission 2017 – Vidyasagar University has declared provisional merit list for Post Graduate , M.Phil and Other Courses 2017-2018. Merit list for admission to the various Post Graduate (PG) programmes for the academic year 2017-18 are for 60% seats, and 40% seats through entrance exam. The complete detail of Vidyasagar University PG Admission 2017 such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process, merit list are given below.
Latest: – Result of Entrance test held on 22 Jul 2017 has been published. Scroll down to check the same
Vidyasagar University PG Admission 2017
Vidyasagar University offers admission to the various PG programmes for the academic year 2017-2018. As per order of the Govt. of West Bengal 60% of total seats in each subject is reserved for the students of V.U. and 40% seats is available for Open Competition. The candidates who admitted under 60% seats, were not be allowed to appear at the Written Admission Test for Open Competition. Candidates can check here the complete information regarding Vidyasagar University Admission 2017 along with schedule.
Schedule for Vidyasagar University Admission – 2017 is given below.
|Revised Schedule For Admission To PG Courses|
|Submission of Admission Form starts||25 May 2017|
|Last date of submission of Application Form (online)||05 Jun 2017|
|Date of Publication of Provisional Merit Lists (60% seats)||08 Jun 2017|
|Date of Publication of Provisional Eligibility Lists for Entrance Test (40% seats)||08 Jun 2017|
|Dates of claims & objections to Provisional Merit & Eligibility Lists||09 & 10 Jun 2017|
|Date of Publication of Provisional Eligibility Lists for Entrance Test
after claims & objections (60% Seats)
|13 Jun 2017|
|Date of Publication of Provisional List of candidates for Entrance Test (after claims & objections) (40% Seats)||13 Jun 2017|
|Dates of Counselling for 60% seats|
|Dates of Entrance Test|
|Date of publication of Final Merit Lists of Entrance Test|
|Counselling & Admission|
Final Merit List of entrance test has been published by vidyasagar university on 22 July 2017. Candidates can check it from the officiail website or from the direct link given below.
Counselling for Vidyasagar University PG Admission 2017 will be held as per the schedule given below.
Notification regarding admission to PG & other courses
- The counselling for admission to PG & other courses under 60% seats scheduled to be held on 15.06.2017, 16.06.2017 and 19.06.2017 has been postponed. The dates of counseling will be notified shortly.
- The Entrance Test for admission to PG & other courses under 40% seats scheduled to be held on 21.06.2017, 22.06.2017 and 23.06.2017 has been postponed. The dates of counseling will be notified shortly.
- The filling up forms for admission to PG and M.Phil. courses has remained opened from 15.06.2017 to 21.06.2017. The candidates who applied earlier need not apply again.
- A common Admission Test will be held for admission to all the PG courses for 60% seats. All the candidates of Vidyasagar University affiliated colleges including autonomous college(s) will have to appear at the common Admission Test for 60% seats.
- All candidates irrespective of different varsities are eligible for Open Competition for 40% seats in the Common Admission Test.
Provisional Merit List
Provisional Merit List (for 60% Seats)
- Provisional Merit List [for VU Candidates]
- Provisional Merit List [for Autonomous College(s) – Affiliated to VU]
Provisional List of Candidates for Entrance Test (for 40% Seats)
- For M.A., Honours in the respective subject in 2016 / 2017.
- For M.Com, Honours in Commerce / Accountancy/ Marketing in 2016/ 2017.
- For M.A/ M.Sc in Economics, Honours in Economics. For M.Sc., Honours in the respective subject in 2016/2017.
- For M.Sc in Appl. Mathematics, Botany, Chemistry, Geography, Microbiology, Human Physiology, Physics Zoology – Honours in the relevant subject.
- For M.SC in Anthropology, Honours in Anthropology (preferred)/Botany/ Zoology/ Physiology/ Social Science/Geography (preference will be given to those having Anthropology as pass subject).
- For M.Sc. in Electronics, Honours in Electronics /Physics.
- For M.Sc. in Computer Science, Hons in Computer Science/Physics/Mathematics.
- For Fisheries Science, Hons in Aquaculture Management/Zoology/ Marine Science/ Life Science/ Bio-Chemistry/ Microbiology/Hons. in any discipline of Life Science having Zoology as one of the subsidiary subject/ Vocational Course in Industrial Fish &Fisheries.
- For Remote Sensing and Geographical Information Science, Honours in Geography / Geology / Agricultural Science. / Bio-Science / Chemistry / Physics / Mathematics / Computer Science / Electronics.
- For Remote Sensing and Geographical Information Science, Honours in Geography / Geology / Agricultural Science/ BioScience/Chemistry/Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science/Electronics.
- For Bio-Medical Laboratory Science and Management, BMLT/M.Sc in Human Physiology in 2016/2017/B.Sc(H) in Physiology/ Zoology. Molecular Biology/Microbiology/Botany/Bio-Chemistry / BioTechnology / B.Sc with DMLT / B.Sc in Laboratory Instrumentation/BAMS/BHMS/MBBS.
- For Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics-Hons in Nutrition/Nutrition and Dietetics/Food Science/ Clinical Nutrition/Physiology/Home Science/Microbiology/B.Sc in Nursing/BHMS/ Major subject in Clinical Nutrition/ Human Development.
- For 1 year PG Diploma in Quality Control Assurance in Microbial Technology –B.Sc/M.Sc in Biological Science/ Chemistry,B.Tech/M. Tech. in Chemical Engineering/ Biotechnology.
- For 1 year BLISc Course, Honours in any subject in 2016/2017 or M.A /M.Sc/ M.Com with Hons. in any subject in 2016/2017. For 1 year MLISc Course, BLISc in 2016/2017 .
- For M.B.A course, Graduate in Science/ Arts/ Commerce/ Medical/ Engineering/ Law(5 year )under 10+2+3 system or equivalent with 45% marks in Hons or in aggregate(40% marks for SC/ST). Selection will be made through Entrance Test like JEMAT, MAT,CAT or own test followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview. For 1-year P.G.Diploma Course (i) in Applied Computer Science, at least Graduate (both Gen.& Hons). In any discipline. Science Graduate are preferred. For Diploma Course in Advanced Hardware and Networking Administration, at least H.S. passed. For Certificate Course in Basic and Advanced Java, at least H.S passed. For one year Diploma Course in Office Automation and Internet Technologies, PG/UG Regular/Ex-students of this University.
Admit Card of Vidyasagar University PG Entrance Test for admissions into PG Courses into affiliated colleges of Vidyasagar University has been issued on the University’s official website. Candidates can download their admit cards online by clicking the direct link provided below.
- To download Admit Card – Click here
How to download the Admit card online?
- Click the official link for Vidyasagar University PG Admit Card 2017 will be given above.
- Enter the Form No. or Username as issued at the time of application submission
- Enter your Date of Birth in the provided space.
- Click the ‘Download’ button and the admit card will get downloaded
- Print the Admit card to appear in the Entrance Test.
Provisional Schedule of Entrance Test for admission to PG & other courses for the academic session 2017-18.
- 60% of total seats in each subject will be reserved for the students of V.U. & Midnapore College (Autonomous) and 40% seats will be available for Open Competition.
- Selection will be made strictly on the basis of merit. Marks obtained in Honours will be the sole criteria. Honours candidates of the current session and the immediately preceding session will be considered equally. In the case of equal marks in Honours, total marks / percentage of marks of immediately preceding Examination are to be taken into account for ranking.
- Quota for SC/ ST will be considered as per Govt. order 906 Edn / Estt dated 18.09.1997. Number of seats (SC-22%, ST-6%) will be calculated and considered separately for 60% seats of V.U. students and 40% seats for Open Competition. Fraction of 0.5% or more will be rounded to the next whole number. In case of nonavailability of candidates of SC category, the seats reserved for SC may be converted to ST Category and vice versa.
- In case of non-availability of candidates of OBC-A category, the seats reserved for OBC-A may be converted to OBC-B Category and vice versa.
- 3% of each category will be reserved for Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates. Merit list will be prepared on the percentage of PwD. In case of non-availability of PwD candidate, the seat reserved for PwD will be converted to General Category.
- Prize holders at International/National/State representation in the last two years will be considered for sports quota provided that he/she participated in the Inter College Competition/ Inter College Athletic Meet organized by our university in his/her tenure in UG level. The sports events are Football, Volleyball, Athletic, Joga, Khoko,Kabadi, Chess, and Table Tennis. A committee will be constituted to assess the performance of the applicants in the respective field.
- Prize holders in the International/National/State meet in the last two years will be considered for Cultural quota provided that he/she participated in the Inter College Cultural Competition organized by our university in his/her tenure in UG level. A committee will be constituted to assess the performance of the applicants in the respective field.
- 1% of total seats of all PG courses is reserved for Sports/ Culture.
- The seats for General candidates in the subject will be reduced by the No. of students selected for Sports/ Culture quota in that subject.
- Normally 60% seats will be for the students of the Vidyasagar University and 40% seats for Open Competition. This 60% and 40% may be relaxed in case of nonavailability of the applicants in either category.
For Open Competition –
- 40% seats in each subject are reserved for Open Competition.
- The students of other universities will have to appear at the Entrance Test. The minimum marks for admission to PG courses through entrance test is as follows:
- Arts & Commerce –
- 45% marks in Hons. (for Gen. Candidates)
- 40% marks in Hons. (for SC / ST./OBC-A/OBC-B/ PWD Candidates)
- Science –
- 50% marks in Hons. (for Gen. Candidates)
- 45% marks in Hons. (for SC / ST/ OBC-A/OBC-B /PWD Candidates)
- Arts & Commerce –
- The students of V.U. and Midnapore College may appear at the Entrance Test & they have to secure the minimum marks as specified above.
- Questions will be of MCQ pattern; Full Marks- 50; Total no. of Questions-50, Time: One hour.
- Questions will be set in English, except in Bengali, Hindi, Sanskrit and Santali.
- Counselling will be held for 60% seats first and after written admission test Counselling for 40% seats will be held in the concerned department.
- The candidates, who will get admitted under 60% seats, will not be allowed to appear at the Entrance Test for Open Competition.
For More Detail of Vidyasagar University PG Application Form candidates refer to the last year Information Brochure here.