Vidyasagar University PG Admission 2020 – Vidyasagar University offers admission to Post Graduate Programmes for the academic session 2020-21. Interested candidates can apply online from the official website i.e. vidyasagar.ac.in. Merit list for admission to the various Post Graduate (PG) programs for the academic year 2020-21 will be for 60% seats, and 40% seats through entrance exam. Get here complete details of Vidyasagar University PG Admission 2020 such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process, etc.
Vidyasagar University PG Admission 2020
The candidates can fill the Application Form only through an online portal. After successful completion of all the steps (e.g., filling in the personal details, academic details, uploading photo and signature), the candidate will pay the fees. A direct link to fill the application form is also provided in the Quick links section. The students of Vidyasagar University & autonomous colleges affiliated to Vidyasagar University/Other universities are eligible to fill in forms for admission to Post-Graduate and other Courses
Schedule for Vidyasagar University Admission 2020 is given below.
|Submission of Admission Form starts||Last week of May 2020|
|Last date of submission of Application Form (online)||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Date of publication of Provisional Lists for the Common Entrance Test||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Dates of claims & objections to Provisional Lists||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Date of publication of Provisional List of candidates for Entrance Test||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Dates of issuing Admit Card||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Dates of Common Entrance Test for PG and other Courses||Last week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Publication of Merit Lists for Admission for PG and other Courses||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Beginning of Online Admission||3rd week of Jul 2020|
|Classes Begin||3rd week of Jul 2020|
Schedule for Second Phase VU-MAT 2020
|Last date of receiving filled in application forms:||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Date of Written Examination (VU MAT)||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Date for GD and PI||2nd week of Aug 2020|
The students passed out in the year 2019 & 2020 are only eligible for admission to the following PG & other courses for the academic session 2020-21.
The students passed out in year 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 are only eligible for admission to following PG courses for the academic session 2020-21.
- M.Com: Honours in Commerce / Accountancy/ Marketing / BBA
- Hindi: Honours in the concerned subject
- Economics: Honours in Economics/Statistics/Mathematics /Physics/ Management/ Honours in B.Com.
- Sociology: Honours in Sociology or Honours in Political Science/ Philosophy/ Psychology/ Anthropology /English/History
- Microbiology: Honours in Microbiology or Honours in BMLT/ Bio-Chemistry/Bio-Technology / Physiology/Botany/Zoology/Biophysics/Molecular Biology/ Fisheries Science
- Electronics: Honours in Electronics/Physics or Hons in Computer Science/Mathematics with Physics/Electronics as the general subject
- M.B.A Graduate in Science/ Arts/ Commerce/ Medical/ Engineering/ Law (5 year) under 10+2+3 system or equivalent with 45% marks in Hons or in aggregate (40% marks for SC/ST). Selection will be made through Entrance Test like JEMAT, MAT, CAT or university own test (VUMAT) followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- MCA: JECA rank of the year 2020
Documents Required :
- Print out of the online filled in application form to be submitted at the time of verification.
- Self-attested photocopies of all the Mark sheets of Examinations passed (10th onwards), University Registration Certificate and a Passport Size colored photograph.
- Self-attested photocopy of the Admit Card/ Certificate of H.S. or equivalent /Madhyamik as evidence of the date of birth.
- Self-attested photocopy of SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/Persons with Disability (PwD) certificate issued by the appropriate authority, for those applying under respective quota.
- Self-attested photocopies of the Certificate of Games & Sports/ Cultural Competition (International/ National/ State in the last two years), for those applying under respective quota.
- Self-attested photocopy of the BPL Certificate of the parents issued by the appropriate authority, for those willing to avail concession in tuition fees.
- Migration Certificate.
The candidates can apply online from the official portal. After successful completion of all the steps, the candidates have to pay Rs.250/-(Rupees Two hundred fifty) only for Post Graduate & other Courses and Rs 350/- (Rupees Three hundred fifty) only for M. Phil. Programs through online mode of payment (credit/debit card, net banking, etc) only. Selection will be made strictly on the basis of merit of the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by V.U. In the case of equal marks obtained in CET, total marks/percentage of marks of Honours are to be taken into account for the ranking. Candidates can check details regarding this from the Vidyasagar University application form section.
Admit Card of Vidyasagar University PG Entrance Test for admissions into PG Courses into affiliated colleges of Vidyasagar University issued on the University’s official website. Candidates can download their admit cards online by visiting the official website or through the direct link which is provided for the sake of candidates.
How to download the Admit card online?
- Click the official website of Vidyasagar University.
- Enter the Form No. or Username as issued at the time of application submission.
- Enter your Date of Birth in the provided space.
- Click the ‘Download’ button and the admit card will appear.
- Print the Admit card to appear in the Entrance Test.
- Questions will be MCQ pattern; Full Marks- 200; Total no. of Questions-50; Time- One hour 4.
- One (1 ) mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
- Questions will be set in English, except for Bengali, Hindi, Sanskrit and Santali.
- Online provisional admission will be done through the university admission portal.
- The verification of testimonials & other documents for provisionally admitted students will be initiated after the commencement of classes.
- The verification will be held in the concerned department. The teachers of the concerned departments will be present at the time of verification.
- Written Admission Test and Verification cum admission in the affiliated colleges will be held after the Written Admission Test & Verification cum admission in our university respectively.
For the students of Vidyasagar University(60% seat)
- Selection will be made strictly on the basis of merit of Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by V.U. In the case of equal marks obtained in CET, total marks/percentage of marks of Honours is to be taken into account for ranking. In case of equal marks obtained in Honours immediately preceding Examination are to be considered for ranking.
- As per order of the Govt. of West Bengal, 60% of total seats in each subject will be reserved for the students of V.U & autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University and 40% seats will be available for Open to all.
- The 60% of total seats in each subject will be reserved for passed out Honours students of VU & autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University, which will be selected from the merit list of CET and the candidates have to obtain Hons marks or equivalent in the major subject.
- Quota for SC/ ST will be considered as per Govt. order 906 Edn / Estt dated 18.09.1997. Number of seats (SC-22%, ST-6%, OBC-A-10%, OBC-B-7%) will be calculated and considered separately for 60% seats of V.U. students and 40% seats for Open Competition. Fraction of 0.5% or more will be rounded to the next whole number.
- 3% of each category (Gen/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B) will be reserved for Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates. Merit list will be prepared on the percentage of PwD. In case of nonavailability of PwD candidate, the seat reserved for PwD will be converted to General Category.
- Prize holders at International/National/State representation in the last two years will be considered for sports quota provided that he/she participated in the Inter-College Competition/ Inter College Athletic Meet organized by our university in his/her tenure in UG level. The sports events are Football, Volleyball, Athletic, Joga, Khoko, Kabadi, Chess, Table Tennis. A committee will be constituted to assess the performance of the applicants in the respective field.
- Prize holders in the International/National/State meet in the last two years will be considered for Cultural quota provided that he/she participated in the Inter-College Cultural Competition organized by our university in his/her tenure in UG level. A committee will be constituted to assess the performance of the applicants in the respective field.
- 1% of total seats of all PG courses is reserved for Sports/ Culture.
- The seats for General candidates in the subject will be reduced by the No. of students selected for Sports/ Culture quota in that subject.
For Open Competition –
- 40% Seats in each subject are reserved for Open to all (students of V.U & autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University/Other universities), which will be selected from the merit list of CET.
- The minimum marks required for admission through Open Competition (40% seat) is as follows:
- Arts & Commerce –
- 45% marks in Hons. (for Gen. Candidates)
- 40% marks in Hons. (for SC / ST./PwD /OBC-A/OBC-B Candidates)
- Science –
- 50% marks in Hons. (for Gen. Candidates)
- 45% marks in Hons. (for SC / ST/PwD/OBC-A/OBC-B Candidates)
- Arts & Commerce –
Counseling will be held for 60% seats first and then counseling for 40% seats. The counseling will be held in the concerned department. The teachers of the concerned departments will be present at the time of counseling. All candidates are required to produce all original Certificates, Mark Sheets and testimonials for verification at the time of Counselling and admission. Candidate or his/her authorised person should present at the time of Counselling.
Total seat distribution of Arts & Commerce (as per Last year)
Total seat distribution of Science (as per Last year)
Fees for Post-Graduate Courses for the academic year 2020-21 (Excluding Exam. Fees)
(as per Last year)
Fees for Master of Computer Application (MCA) for the academic year 2018-19 (Excluding Exam. Fees)
The total fees for MCA is Rs.74, 345/- (Rupees seventy-four thousand three hundred forty five) only. However, the student may pay the fees semester-wise.
Official Website: vidyasagar.ac.in
For More Detail of Vidyasagar University PG Admission 2020 – Download Last year’s Prospectus.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.