Vidyasagar University PG Admission 2018 – Vidyasagar University offers admission to Post Graduate Programmes for the academic session 2018-19. Interested candidates can apply online from the official website i.e. vidyasagar.ac.in. Merit list for admission to the various Post Graduate (PG) programmes for the academic year 2018-19 will be for 60% seats, and 40% seats through entrance exam. Get here complete details of Vidyasagar University PG Admission 2018 such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process, etc.
Vidyasagar University PG Admission 2018
The students of V.U & autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University/Other universities are eligible to fill up forms for admission to Postgraduate courses with their marks obtained in B.A.(Hons) / B.Sc.(Hons) / B.Com.(Hons) Part-I & Part-II examinations (Total Hons Marks of Part-I & II). However, they have to produce the original mark sheets of final examinations (Part-III) at the time of counselling-cum-admission.
Schedule for Vidyasagar University Admission 2018 is given below.
|Submission of Admission Form starts||30 Apr 2018|
|Last date of submission of Application Form (online)|
|Date of publication of Provisional Lists for the Common
|08 Jun 2018|
|Dates of claims & objections to Provisional Lists||11 to 12 Jun 2018|
|Date of publication of Provisional List of candidates for Entrance Test||14 Jun 2018|
|Dates of issuing Admit Card||14 Jun 2018|
|Dates of Common Entrance Test for PG and other Courses||26, 27 and 28 Jun 2018|
|Date of Publication of Merit Lists for Admission for PG and other Courses|
|Date of Counselling & Admission||12, 13, 16, and 17 Jul 2018|
|E-admission process for Provisional Admission||24 Jul 2018|
E-admission: Click here to check the link for provisional PG e- admission and payment for round 6 – Phase -III.
- Click here to check the list of eligible candidates for the 8th round of counselling.
- Click here to check Notification for 8th round Counselling to PG courses.
- Click here to check Notification for 7th round Counselling to Botany course.
- Click here to check Notification for 7th round Counselling to PG courses
- Click here to check advertisement for 2nd round Open Admission to some PG courses.
- Click here to check advertisement for Open Admission to some PG courses.
- Click here to check Notification for 6th round e-admission to pg & other courses
- Click here to check notification regarding submission of documents to break the tie of available seats.
- Click here to check notification regarding fees payment for admission.
- Click here to check the notice regarding 5th round e-admission to pg and other courses.
- Click here to check the notice regarding Document Verification for 4th Round Provisionally admitted Students.
- Click here to check the notice regarding Document Verification for 3rd Round Provisionally admitted Students.
- Click here to check the notification regarding admission to Post Graduate and other Courses for the Academic Session 2018-19.
Schedule of Common Entrance Test
|26 Jun 2018||11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon||Appl. Mathematics, Botany, Political Science|
|1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.||Chemistry, Computer Science, Fisheries Science|
|3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.||Bachelor of Library & Information Science, Master of Library & Information Science|
|27 Jun 2018||11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon||Zoology, Sanskrit|
|1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.||Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics, Electronics, English, Sociology|
|3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.||Geography, Bio-Med. Lab. Sc. & Management|
|28 Jun 2018||11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon||Physics, Human Physiology, Microbiology|
|1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.||Bengali, Anthropology|
|3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.||Santali, History, Philosophy, Remote Sensing & GIS, Commerce, Economics, Hindi|
Note: Applicants of Common Entrance Test for the admission to PG and other courses for the academic session 2018-19 are informed that they have to submit the OMR sheet along with the Question Booklet to the invigilator after the completion of the Examination. No student will be allowed to enter in the examination hall without admit card.
Admit Card of Vidyasagar University PG Entrance Test for admissions into PG Courses into affiliated colleges of Vidyasagar University has been issued on the University’s official website. Candidates can download their admit cards online by visiting the official website or through the direct link which is provided below for the sake of candidates.
- Click here to download admit card for Vidyasagar University PG Entrance Test.
- Click here to check Provisional List of Candidates for Common Entrance Test (After Correction).
The candidates can apply online from the official portal www.onlineadmission.vidyasagar.ac.in. After successful completion of all the steps (e.g. filling up the personal details, academic details, uploading photo and signature), the candidates have to pay Rs.250/-(Rupees Two hundred fifty) only for Post Graduate & other Courses and Rs 350/- (Rupees Three hundred fifty) only for M. Phil. Programmes through online mode of payment (credit/debit card, net banking etc) only.
- For M.Sc in Appl. Mathematics, Botany, Chemistry, Geography, Microbiology, Human Physiology, Physics Zoology – Honours in the relevant subject.
- For M.SC in Anthropology, Honours in Anthropology (preferred)/Botany/ Zoology/ Physiology/ Social Science/Geography (preference will be given to those having Anthropology as pass subject).
- For Bengali, Economics, English, History Philosophy, Political Science, Sanskrit Sociology, Santali, Hindi, Honours in the relevant subject.
- For M.Com, Honours in Commerce / Accountancy/ Marketing.
- For Electronics Hons in Electronics/Physics and for Computer Science Hons in Computer Science/Physics/Mathematics.
- For Fisheries Science, Hons in Aquaculture Management / Zoology/ Marine Science/ Life Science/ Bio-Chemistry/ Microbiology/Hons. in any discipline of Life Science having Zoology as one of the subsidiary subject/ Vocational Course in Industrial Fish &Fisheries.
- For Remote Sensing and Geographical Information Science, Honours in Geography / Geology /Agricultural Science /Bio-Science/Chemistry/Physics/ Mathematics / Computer Science / Electronics.
- For Remote Sensing and Geographical Information Science, Honours in Geography / Geology / Agricultural Science/ BioScience/Chemistry/Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science/Electronics.
- For Bio-Medical Laboratory Science and Management, BMLT/M.Sc in Human Physiology in 2016/2017/ B.Sc(H) in Physiology/ Zoology. Molecular Biology/ Microbiology/Botany/ Bio-Chemistry/Bio-Technology/ B.Sc with DMLT / B.Sc in Laboratory Instrumentation /BAMS/BHMS/MBBS.
- For Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics-Hons in Nutrition/Nutrition and Dietetics/Food Science/Clinical Nutrition & dietetics/Physiology/ Home Science/Microbiology/B.Sc in Nursing/BHMS/ Major subject in Clinical Nutrition/Human Development.
- For Bachelor of Library & Information Science, Honours in any subject or M.A /M.Sc/M.Com with Honours in any subject.
- For Master of Library & Information Science, B.Lib.I.Sc.
- For MCA course, JECA rank of the year 2018.
- For Diploma Course in Office Automation and Internet Technologies, PG/UG Regular/Ex-students of this University.
- For M.B.A course, Graduate in Science/ Arts/ Commerce/ Medical/ Engineering/ Law (5 year) under 10+2+3 system or equivalent with 45% marks in Hons or in aggregate (40% marks for SC/ST). Selection will be made through Entrance Test like JEMAT, MAT, CAT or university own test (VUMAT) followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
How to download the Admit card online?
- Click the official website of Vidyasagar University.
- Enter the Form No. or Username as issued at the time of application submission
- Enter your Date of Birth in the provided space.
- Click the ‘Download’ button and the admit card will get downloaded
- Print the Admit card to appear in the Entrance Test.
For the students of Vidyasagar University(60% seat)
- Selection will be made strictly on the basis of merit of Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by V.U. In the case of equal marks obtained in CET, total marks/percentage of marks of Honours is to be taken into account for ranking. In case of equal marks obtained in Honours immediately preceding Examination are to be considered for ranking.
- As per order of the Govt. of West Bengal, 60% of total seats in each subject will be reserved for the students of V.U & autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University and 40% seats will be available for Open to all.
- The 60% of total seats in each subject will be reserved for passed out Honours students of VU & autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University, which will be selected from the merit list of CET and the candidates have to obtain Hons marks or equivalent in the major subject.
- Quota for SC/ ST will be considered as per Govt. order 906 Edn / Estt dated 18.09.1997. Number of seats (SC-22%, ST-6%, OBC-A-10%, OBC-B-7%) will be calculated and considered separately for 60% seats of V.U. students and 40% seats for Open Competition. Fraction of 0.5% or more will be rounded to the next whole number.
- 3% of each category (Gen/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B) will be reserved for Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates. Merit list will be prepared on the percentage of PwD. In case of nonavailability of PwD candidate, the seat reserved for PwD will be converted to General Category.
- Prize holders at International/National/State representation in the last two years will be considered for sports quota provided that he/she participated in the Inter-College Competition/ Inter College Athletic Meet organized by our university in his/her tenure in UG level. The sports events are Football, Volleyball, Athletic, Joga, Khoko, Kabadi, Chess, Table Tennis. A committee will be constituted to assess the performance of the applicants in the respective field.
- Prize holders in the International/National/State meet in the last two years will be considered for Cultural quota provided that he/she participated in the Inter-College Cultural Competition organized by our university in his/her tenure in UG level. A committee will be constituted to assess the performance of the applicants in the respective field.
- 1% of total seats of all PG courses is reserved for Sports/ Culture.
- The seats for General candidates in the subject will be reduced by the No. of students selected for Sports/ Culture quota in that subject.
- Normally 60% seats will be for the students of the Vidyasagar University and 40% seats for other Open to all. This 60% and 40% may be relaxed in case of non-availability of the applicants in either category.
For Open Competition –
- 40% Seats in each subject are reserved for Open to all (students of V.U & autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University/Other universities), which will be selected from the merit list of CET.
- The minimum marks required for admission through Open Competition (40% seat) is as follows:
- Arts & Commerce –
- 45% marks in Hons. (for Gen. Candidates)
- 40% marks in Hons. (for SC / ST./PwD /OBC-A/OBC-B Candidates)
- Science –
- 50% marks in Hons. (for Gen. Candidates)
- 45% marks in Hons. (for SC / ST/PwD/OBC-A/OBC-B Candidates)
- Arts & Commerce –
- The colleges under Vidyasagar University will follow the Rules and Regulations regarding admission to PG courses framed by Vidyasagar University and Government of West Bengal.
- Written Admission Test and Counselling in the affiliated colleges will be held after the Written Admission Test & Counselling in our university.
- The admission will be cancelled if a student remains absent from classes for consecutive ten days from the date of admission without any intimation to the concerned Head / Secretary, faculty Councils for PG Studies.
Counseling will be held for 60% seats first and then counseling for 40% seats. The counseling will be held in the concerned department. The teachers of the concerned departments will be present at the time of counseling. All candidates are required to produce all original Certificates, Mark Sheets and testimonials for verification at the time of Counselling and admission. Candidate or his/her authorised person is to be present at the time of Counselling.
Following documents have to be brought by the candidate during counseling
- Print out the online filled up application form to be submitted at the time of counselling
- Self-attested photocopies of all the Mark sheets of Examination passed (10th onwards), University Registration Certificate and a copy of the Passport Size coloured photograph affixed on the box of the Form.
- Self-attested photocopy of the Admit Card/ Certificate of H.S. or equivalent /Madhyamik as evidence of the date of birth.
- Self-attested photocopy of SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/Persons with Disability (PwD) certificate issued by the appropriate authority if claimed quota.
- Self-attested photocopies of the Certificate of Games & Sports/ Cultural Competition (International/ National/ State in the last two years) if claimed quota.
- Self attested photocopy of the BPL Certificate of the parents issued by the appropriate authority, if claimed for concession of tuition fees.
- Migration Certificate (for other university candidates only) must be submitted within two months from the date of admission.
Official Website: vidyasagar.ac.in
For More Detail of Vidyasagar University PG Admission 2018 – Download Prospectus.