DU M.Com Admission 2015
The Department runs the prime course of Master of Commerce for which the department was established in 1967. This is the flagship course of the Department. It is a post graduate, two years (four semesters) full-time programme. This is one of the prestigious courses in the country. The Alumni of this course are well placed in business, academics and administration in the country and abroad. The programme is well received in the industry and for years had been serving the needs of managerial cadre in business and industry. The course serves the needs of academics as well and prepares students for research and teaching in business studies.
The counseling for M.Com Admission 2015 under Sports Category will be held in the Department of Commerce, Delhi School of Economics, University Of Delhi as per the following Schedule :
|3rd August 2015||Monday||Sports Category||11:30 AM|
- Candidates will be required to be present in person for the counselling process. Candidates who come after the specified reporting time will lose their original priority as per rank. However s/he may offered the seat depending upon the availability of the seat at that tine.
- Candidates will be required to bring their following original documents along with self attested photocopies :
- Certificate showing marks obtained at last University examination.
- Migration Certificate ( in case of students from university other than University of Delhi)
- Character Certificate from the principal of college last attended.
- Matriculation or other certificates evidencing date of birth.
- Senior secondy certificate.
- Category certificate (in case of SC , ST ,OBC , PWD and CW category)
- Three copies of recent passport-size photographs.
- Candidates will required to carry fees in cash with them.
- Candidates will be required to complete the admission formalities within 3 working days from the date of counselling.
- As per the decision of Department Council held on 2nd july 2014, every student at that time of his/her admission is required to deposit a demand draft of Rs 500 drawn in favor of ‘Head of Department , Journal and other publications’ account maintained by the Department of Commerce, DSE .
- The students are also required to deposit a demand draft of Rs 1500 drawn in favor of ‘Delhi university M.com Alumni Association’.
Process of Counselling
- Candidates in Category A (Direct admission category) will be called on the basis of their rank in the merit of graduation scores. Category B candidates (Entrance test category will be called on the basis of their rank in the merit of entrance test score.
- At he time of counselling the candidate will have to specify the category in which s/he is seeking admission. Once the admission choice is exercised, the shifting from one institution to other shall be allowed only in the same category seats.
- In case sets under Category A remain vacant due to due to non availability of eligible students , the vacant seat shall be converted in Category B.
Eligible candidates list for Direct and Entrance admission under Sports Category. (Check here)
The Candidates seeking admission under this category are required to fulfill the following eligibility. Based on the merit in the under-graduate degree, separate merit lists will be prepared for the general as well as reserved categories of the students.
|Course at UG Level from DU||Minimum Required Marks|
|GEN||OBC||CW & PWD||SC & ST|
|B.Com (Hons)||65%||58.5%||60%||Min Passing Marks of the Qualifying Examination concerned of University of Delhi|
|B.Com (Pass) or B.Com (Degree)||70%||63%||65%|
Note: The final merit list, for admission under this Category shall be determined by normalizing the marks of eligible B.Com (Pass) candidates by deducting 5% and making the merit list on the basis of combined merit of Hons. And Pass after such deduction.
Through Entrance Test
The candidates are selected on the basis of entrance test conducted by the department. The candidates are also required to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria.
|Course at UG Level||Minimum Required Marks|
|GEN||OBC||CW & PWD||SC & ST|
|B.Com (Hons)||50%||45%||45%||Min Passing Marks of the Qualifying Examination concerned of University of Delhi|
|B.Com (Pass) or B.Com (Degree)||55%||49.5%||50%|
|B.A (Hons) Economics||50%||45%||45%|
|BBS, BBA, BIFA, BBE||60%||54%||55%|
DU DSE M.Com Admission Application Form
Required documents for application
The completed application form for admission must be accompanied with the following documents:
- An attested copy of the certificate showing the marks obtained at the last University examination.
- In case of students coming from another University, migration certificate from that University. (at the time of admission only)
- An attested copy of the character certificate from the Principal of the college last attended.
- An attested copy of the matriculation or other certificate evidencing the date of birth.
- Three copies of a recent passport-size photograph, duly attested.
- An attested copy of the category certificate.
- Copies of certificates submitted along with the application will not be returned.
- Combining any other course of the University with the M.Com. Course is not permitted.
Category A: Direct Admissions- The Candidates seeking admission under this category are required to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned above. Based on the merit in the under-graduate degree, separate merit lists is prepared for the general as well as reserved categories of the students.
However, securing the required percentage of marks (stated above) does not necessarily ensure automatic direct admission. This is because, the total number of candidates securing the qualifying marks (above) exceeds the available seats under this category.
Category B: Through Entrance Test- A common entrance test is conducted by the Department of Commerce. Based on the performance in the entrance test, separate merit lists is prepared for the general as well as reserved categories of the students.
Entrance Test is of 3 hours duration and shall carry 200 marks. The written test shall be based on the following syllabus and shall contain 200 objective type questions, 40 questions from each of the five units:
- Economics (including Micro Economics, Macro Economics, and Problems of Indian Economy)
Accounting (including Financial Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Cost Accounting, and Management Accounting)
Business Statistics and Mathematics
Business Organization, Management, Business Law, Company Law and Income Tax Law
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Each of the five units carries equal weight. The standard of the above syllabus will be similar to that of the B.Com (Hons.) course of University of Delhi
- The students enrolled for M.Com in the Department of Commerce, pay a fees of Rs. 4001, to the University cashier.
- All the students are required to deposit a demand draft in favour of “Delhi University M.Com. Alumni Association” of Rs. 1500 towards Alumni activities.
- Students admitted to colleges other than Department of Commerce, shall pay the relevant fees according to the fee structure of respective colleges.
DU M.Com Entrance Test Result 2015
Result of DU M.Com Entrance Test 2015 has been declared which was held on 21st June 2015. Selected candidates check their result according to their counselling schedule from the link given below.
Get DU M.Com Entrance Test Result 2015 – Check M.Com Result issued by the Delhi University.
Selected Candidates called for the counselling as per schedule given below.
Details Information Brochure of DU Department of Commerce M.Com Admission 2015 is given here.