DU Department of Commerce M.Com Admission 2014
Honours and Post-graduate Courses in Commerce were introduced in the University of Delhi as far back as 1943 and 1948 respectively. Till 1967, commerce education at the University was the composite responsibility of Department of Economics and Commerce. But, due to increasing importance and rapid growth of education in commerce, Department of Commerce was created as a distinct entity in December 1967. Subsequently, in July 1970 post-graduate course in Commerce was also started at the South Delhi Campus of the University of Delhi to meet the requirements of expanding frontiers of Delhi metropolis.
Presently, Department of Commerce runs M.Com., M.I.B., M.H.R.O.D., M.Phil and Ph.D. programmes of University of Delhi. For the benefit of its students, faculty and research scholars, it organizes on regular basis research seminars, conferences and special lectures by eminent scholars in various areas of specialization.
Registration and submission of completed Application Form for M.Com. Entrance Test at Department of Commerce, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi will start from first week of April 2014.
DU DSE M.Com Admission 2014 Quick Links
DU DSE M.Com Admission 2014 – Foreign Candidate
Foreign Students: Foreign students seeking admission to various courses of the Department and Hostel accommodation should apply directly to the Foreign Students Advisor, Foreign Students’ Registry, C/o Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007. This holds for all foreign students whether the student has passed his/her last qualifying examination from Indian Board / University or from abroad. No foreign student shall be admitted to any college/Department without prior approval of the Dy. Dean, (Foreign Students), University of Delhi. The last date for applying to the course of M.com for foreign students is May 21, 2014.
The eligibility criteria for foreign students are as follows:
- Age should be more than 20 years.
- 10+2+3 years of education.
- Medium of Instruction should be English at the graduation level.
- The candidate should have studied Mathematics at school level.
- The candidate should have studied subjects related to commerce at the Graduation level.
- Good Academic Record (II Division, i.e., 50 percent or equivalent CGPA score)
DU DSE M.Com Admission 2014 Scholarships
Merit Scholarships : A few merit scholarships, each. of the value of Rs. 250/- per month are awarded to M.Com. students registered at the Delhi School of Economics. These scholarships are tenable for one year. Scholars will be eligible for re-award in the second year subject to their satisfactory performance. Residence in a hostel is not a necessary condition for the award of scholarship. Scholarships are given only to those students who have achieved a high academic standard. These are awarded in the M.Com. Part-1 on the basis of special test and viva-voce at the beginning of the session. The scholarships will be awarded to the students of the M.Com. Part-II on the basis of the candidate’s tutorial record, performance in M.Com. Part-I examination and viva-voce.
Post-Graduate Scholarship (All India Scheme): A Post-graduate Scholarship of Rs. 250/- p.m. each is awarded for a period of two years. The course should be recognized in the Indian Universities in the year in which the scholarships are awarded and the candidate should have obtained first class in the previous examination. The Scholarships shall be awarded by a Committee appointed by the Academic Council. The selected scholars should preferably reside in a University Hall, but a Scholar who has been a student of recognized College of the University may reside in his own College Hostel.
Postgraduate Scholarships (University of Delhi): One Scholarship of the value of Rs. 250/- p.m. will be awarded to the candidate securing the highest marks in the main subject in the B.Com. (Hons.) Examination of this University held in the year preceding, provided that to qualify for a scholarship a candidate (1) should have obtained 1st Class in the B.Com. (Hons.) and (2) shall continue as M.Com. student in this University.
Guidelines for Award of Internal Assessment Marks for the M.Com course (Semester)
As per the decision of Department Council meeting held on 27 July, 2009, the following are the guidelines for the award of Internal Assessment marks to the students admitted to M.Com Semester based Course Scheme:-
- For each paper, there are 30 marks allocated for internal assessment and 70 marks for the Annual Examination. Out of 30 marks allocated for internal assessment for each paper:
- 20 marks are to be assigned for class test
- 5 marks are to be assigned for assignment
- 5 marks are to be assigned for attendance
- A class test of 20 marks in each paper will be conducted by the teachers teaching the paper at the
Department of Commerce. The date and time of the class test will be notified to the students by the respective teachers-in-charge of (M.Com) course at the Department of Commerce.
- Five marks are to be awarded for assignment based work by the college/institution where the students are enrolled. The marks to be awarded on the basis of student’s performance in any one or combination of assignments/activities such as presentation, participation in seminar/workshop, case study discussion, and submission of written assignments as part of their continuous evaluation.
The composition of assignments/activities for each paper will be decided by the concerned college/ institution in advance and will be notified to the students.
- Five marks are to be awarded for attendance in the assignment/activities mentioned above by the college/institution where students are enrolled. The marks shall be awarded on the basis of existing norms for award of marks for attendance as per the Internal Assessment Scheme of University. The marks for attendance shall be as follows:
- More than 67% but less than70% : 1 Marks
- 70% or more but less than 75% : 2 Marks
- 75% or more but less than 80% : 3 Marks
- 80% or more but less than 85% : 4 Marks
- 85% and above : 5 Marks
Division Criteria: Successful candidates will be classified on the basis of the combined results of Part-I and Part-II examinations as follows:
- Candidates securing 60% and above : I Division
- Candidates securing 50% and above : II Division
- Candidates securing 40% and above : III Division
Span Period: No student shall be admitted as a candidate for the examination for any of the Parts/Semesters after the lapse of four years from the date of admission to the Part-I/Semester-I of the M. Com. Programme.
Attendance Requirement: Attendance in lectures classes is not compulsory. Attendance in tutorials, seminars etc, arranged by the Department/ College from time to time, is mandatory according to the Internal Assessment requirement as per University Rules.
Hostel Accommodation: Accommodation in the Hostel of the University is available for a limited number of full-time students who are admitted directly by the Department to the M.Com., M.Phil, and Ph.D. courses. Application for accommodation is obtainable from the respective offices of Gwyer Hall, Jubilee Hall, P.G. Men’s Hostel, University Hostel for Women, Mansarovar Hostel, International Students’ House and Geetanjali Hostel, V.K.R.V. Rao Hostel, Meghdoot, D.S. Kothari Hostel, etc. Applications must reach the authorities concerned in the respective hostels according to their prescribed schedules.
Medical Facilities: Facilities of the World University Service Health Centre of the University are available to the students registered in the Department.
Library Facilities: The Department has excellent library facilities at both the Campuses. The Ratan Tata Library at the Delhi School of Economics has substantial collection of not only books and periodicals, but also the publications of the Central, State and some foreign governments; publications of international organizations like UNO, FAO, ILO, UNCTAD; and the annual reports of a large number of companies in public and private sectors. The Ratan Tata Library, is one of the best libraries in the field of social sciences, including Commerce and Management. It has about two lakh books and receives about a thousand journals in the relevant fields of study and research.
Computer Centre: Teaching Staff and research scholars of the Department may avail the facility of Delhi University Computer Centre. In addition, the Department has its own Computer Lab.
DISCIPLINE: The students are required to maintain strict discipline and ragging in any form is prohibited as per OrdinanceXV-B andXV-C of University of Delhi.
Most of the visitors viewed this page for:
|mcom entrance exam 2014||m com from du 2014||m com Admission 2014||du mcom entrance 2014||admission for m com|