Calcutta University BA LLB- The University of Calcutta also known as Calcutta University(CU) is located in Kolkata. It is the first institution established as a multidisciplinary and secular Western-style university. The Faculty of Law/ Department of Law, University of Calcutta has six affiliated Law Colleges imparting 5 Years B.A. LL.B. Course. The Department offers 2 Years LL. M. Course as well as Ph. D. Programme. The Department also imparts Post-Doctoral research (LL.D.) facilities to the candidates who qualify the appropriate eligibility criteria. Candidates who are interested and eligible can apply online on the official website. Entrants can get complete details of Calcutta University BA LLB such as exam date, syllabus, seats, exam pattern etc.
Calcutta University BA LLB
Interested and eligible candidates can take admission in Calcutta University BA LLB 5 Year program. Candidates shall apply online within the stipulated time given below. Candidates can check this page for admission notification and further updates.
|CU BA LLB||Exam Date|
|Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 Exam||to be announced|
|Calcutta University BA LLB 2019 Exam||30 Jun 2019|
BA LLB Eligibilty Criteria
Applicants must check eligibility criteria before applying. Here are the general conditions which needs to be fulfilled for BA LLB program.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent from the board recognized by the University of Calcutta.
- Candidates must secure at least 45% in best of four subjects excluding environmental studies for WBCHSE (40% for SC/ST/PWD).
- Applicants who have studied in boards other than WBCHSE, ISC, CBSE, Rabindra Mukto Vidyalaya should submit “Equivalence Certificate”.
- Those with last qualification eligibility degree from Foreign Board need to apply in writing to concerned authority mentioning all previous degrees, mark sheets, certificates and syllabus of the last qualifying examination eligibility degree. They will get call for interview only after preliminary verification. Foreign candidates with last qualifying eligibility degree from Indian university or board can apply like other Indian candidates.
BA LLB: Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Exam pattern is as follows:
- Calcutta University BA LLB 2019 is expected to be an offline exam.
- It will be of 2.5 hours duration.
- There shall be no negative marking.
Entrance exam will have questions on the following topics:
- Current Affairs
- General Mathematics.
CU BA LLB: Seats
College wise seats in Calcutta University is as follows:
|S.No.||Name Of Institute||Number Of Seats|
|1||Department of Law, University of Calcutta (Hazra Campus)||120|
|3||Jogesh Chandra Chaudhuri Law College||120|
|5||Bikash Bharati Law College||120|
|6||Rabindra Siksha Sammilani Law College||120|
|7||Jyotirmoy School of Law||120|
|8||Shyambazar Law College||120|
|9||George School of Law||120|
|10||Sureswar Dutta Law College||120|
|11||Heritage Law College||120|
|12||Kolkata Police Law Institute||60|
|13||LJD. Law College||120|
|14||Surendra Nath Law College||120|
|15||South Calcutta Law College||120|
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.