CUSAT 2020 – CUSAT Common Admission Test (CAT), which was scheduled to be held on April 18 and 19, 2020, was postponed earlier. Now, the examination will be conducted on July 27-28, 2020. Cochin University of Science And Technology University (CUSAT) released the application form for CUSAT CAT 2020. Candidates can apply online at cusat.ac.in. The entrance exam is conducted at the national level for admission in UG and PG courses offered by the CUSAT University. To know more details on CUSAT 2020 such as its eligibility, exam pattern, important dates, read the page below.
Latest: Provision to update reservation under EWS category is available. Click here to do the same.
Candidates applying for MBA and M.Tech are not required to appear for Common Admission Test. M.Tech and MBA admission are done on the basis of GATE and KMAT/CMAT/IIM CAT scores, respectively. For more information about CUSAT 2020, have a look at the table given below.
|CUSAT 2020||Important Dates|
|Online Registration for CAT (All PG and UG programmes except M.Phil. Ph.D and Diploma programmes)||08 to 31 Jan 2020|
|Last date to apply for MBA programs||15 Feb 2020|
|Last date to apply for MBA programs with late fee||20 Feb 2020|
|Remittance of fee (Online only)||08 Jan to 08 Feb 2020|
|Online Registration for seats reserved for International; candidates||08 Jan to 30 Apr 2020|
|Extended period for online registration to M.Tech programmes||15 Mar to 21 Apr 2020|
|Issuance and receipt of applications for Ph.D, M.Phil, Diploma Programmes, etc., from the Department/ Schools/ Centers concerned||08 Jan to |
|Provision for updating reservation under Economically Weaker Section (EWS) category||27 Jun – 10 Jul 2020|
|Issuing of Admit Cards online|
|Date of Examination|
27 – 28 Jul 2020
|Date of Result 2020|
CUSAT CAT 2020 – Exam Date!
The exam date has been announced for CUSAT CAT 2020. Scroll down to check the details.
CUSAT CAT 2020 – Center Change Facility (Available)
CUSAT CAT 2020 Last date of Issue of the Receipt of the Application Extended Notice
CUSAT CAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates seeking admission into CUSAT CAT 2020, can apply online on the official website. Those who fulfill the elgibility criteria of the desired course can register online to appear the test. Check the overview of how application form is filled and submitted.
- Go to the official website.
- Register by entering the details like name, parent’s name, gender, category.
- Enter the personal details, contact details, address details by logging in with the credentials sent after the registration.
- Upload the documents in the proper format.
- Select the course in which you want to take admission.
- Pay the application fee.
- Select the test centre for the test.
- As the last steps, take a printout of the application form.
Application fee – Candidates need to pay the following amount of the application fee.
|Categories of seats / applicants||Application fee|
|Opting for State Merit / All India Quota seats (other than NRI / International / PIO / Children of Indian Gulf Workers)||Rs. 1100|
|Opting for State Merit / All India Quota seats (for Kerala SC / Kerala ST candidates)||Rs. 500|
|International Candidates / PIO||US$ 100|
|Children of Indian Gulf Workers||Rs. 6100|
|CGW candidates belonging to KSC / KST||Rs. 5500|
|NRI Seats (except CGW candidates)||Rs. 5,000 = Rs. 1,100|
|All category of Candidates opting for Dubai as Test Center||Rs. 10,000|
Application fee for PhD and M Phil Programmes
|All category||Rs. 1100|
|Kerala SC / ST||Rs. 500|
Application fee for Postdoctoral Fellowships, Diploma and Certificate Programmes
|All category||Rs. 100|
|Kerala SC / ST||Rs. 50|
Mode of payment – Online using any one the below channels
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Net banking
CUSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
CUSAT sets some terms and conditions for the students who want to pursue any of the course from the university. So, before heading for filling the application form, candidates must ensure that eligibility criteria provided below is fulfilled.
- Kerala Scheduled Caste (KSC) and Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) candidates – The candidates who have passed qualifying examination in the desired course with minimum marks can apply.
- SEBC of Kerala State – Candidates belonging to non-creamy layer are going to get 5% relaxation in the minimum marks for qualifying examination.
- For M.Tech programme – For applying to this programmes, candidates must have a valid GATE score in the required subject and are eligible for 5% relaxation.
- Undergraduate Programmes – For undergraduate programs, except 3 year LLB programme, candidates who have completed their 10+2 with required eligibility conditions can take admission.
- LLB – Candidates who have passed 10+2 can apply for 3 year LLB programmes.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
It is essential to check the exam pattern before the exam because it specifies the duration of the exam, total number of questions, marking scheme which is beneficial for the candidates for preparing a study plan. Check the exam pattern CUSAT 2020 given below.
- Mode of exam – Online (CBT)
- Duration of exam – 3 hours
- Type of question – MCQ
- Marking scheme – +3 marks for every correct answer and -1 marks for every incorrect answer
Distribution table of questions of each course
B Tech & M Sc (5 year integrated) Photonics Programme – Minimum marks required is 10 marks in each subject
B Tech LET Programm – maximum marks is 600
|Numerical Reasoning ability||60|
|Numerical Reasoning ability||45|
M Sc Programme in Sciences (5 year)
BBA LLB / B Com LLB
|Law related matters||25 questions|
|Reasoning/ Logical thinking||50 questions|
|General English||50 questions|
|GK/Current Affairs||25 questions|
LLM (IPR) PhD and /or LLM (IP) PhD
|Proficiency in English||40 questions|
|General Knowledge||15 questions|
|General aptitude in Intellectual Property Law||20 questions|
|Analytical and Reasoning Ability||40 questions|
|Aptitude to do Research||35 questions|
MCA /MCA Lateral Entry Programmes
|Computer Science and Applications covering areas||100|
|Computer Science and Applications covering areas||100|
MA Economic Programmes
CUSAT 2020 Important Books
Check the list of books provided for CUSAT 2020.
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude|
for the Common Admission Test
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and |
Reading Comprehension for the CAT
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT||Buy Here|
|Face To Face CAT 26 years Sectionwise & Topicwise solved paper 2019||Buy Here|
|How to Prepare for DATA INTERPRETATION for CAT||Buy Here|
CUSAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Apart from knowing the exam pattern and books, it is important for the candidates to follow some preparation tips for scoring well in the exam. Check the expert tips suggested here.
- Maintain a proper time table: Before starting with the preparation, make sure to plan out how much time will be devoted to a particular section. Follow the same time-table till the end of examination.
- Understand the concept: It is important for the candidates to understand the concepts behind a particular topic or problem rather than mugging up the topics.
- Watchyoutube videos: If you are not satisfied with any concept or topic, check the youtube videos on that topic and clear the doubts.
- Practice previous year question papers: Before appearing in any exam, it is important to practice as many question papers/sample papers for qualifying the exam.
- Revise: Revision is the most important technique to qualify the examination, so revise all the topics and chapters till a day before the exam.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card for CUSAT Common Admission Test releases online at the official website of the exam conducting body. Candidates can download CUSAT 2020 hall ticket by enetring the user id and password. It is necessary to carry the admit card to the exam centre as without it, candidates cannot give the examination. It specifies the name and address of the candidates, exam date, exam time, address of the exam centre etc.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam Centre
Check the exam centre for CUSAT CAT 2020 given below.
Test Centres For PG Programmes, BBA, LLB (Hons), B.Com, LLB (Hons.), LLM (IP) PhD, LLM (IPR) PhD, 3 Year LLB and Lateral Entry Tests:
CUSAT 2020 Result
Candidates can check their respective result for CUSAT CAT from the official website of CUSAT. For checking CUSAT 2020 result, candidates need to provide their user id and password. After the declaration of result, a merit list is also published which indicates the rank of the candidates. The shortlisted candidates are then, required to appear for the counselling process.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Counselling
A schedule for CUSAT counselling is published on the official website of CUSAT. The candidates who got the higher rank has to appear for the counselling round. Candidates are required to appear the address of counselling with having the photocopies as well as original documents.
Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) was founded in the year 1971. It has affiliations with UGC, NAAC, ACU, NBA. It offers undergraduate as well as post-graduate programmes. The admission in both the degrees are done through Common Admission Test (CAT). CUSAT was ranked between 801-1000 category by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. It is situated in Kochi, Kerala.
Official website: admissions.cusat.ac.in
For more information on CUSAT 2020, download information brochure.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : CUSAT CAT 2020 is conducted online and is a computer-based test.
Ans : The duration of CUSAT CAT 2020 is 3 hours.
Ans : No, you do not need to appear in the exam, however, you need to fill the application form.
Ans : CUSAT CAT is conducted for taking UG and PG programmes both.
Ans : You can check your CUSAT CAT 2020 result at cusat.ac.in.
Ans : CUSAT CAT result is published in the form of rank list that consists of the rank and total scores of the candidates.
Ans : CUSAT CAT rank list is prepared according to the percentile index which is then converted to determine a rank for the candidates.
Ans : CUSAT CAT is going to take place on April 18 & 19, 2020.
Ans : The candidates are required to appear for personal interview as well as group discussion.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.