CUSAT 2021 Result – Cochin University of Science & Technology (CUSAT) has published the CUSAT CAT 2021 rank list for UG, PG, MBA Supplementary & MBA Main courses at cusat.ac.in. It is released separately for each course. The result of CUSAT 2021 candidates just need to access the link below and then select the name of the course. Following this, the rank list is displayed. The candidates shortlisted as per CUSAT result are then called for counselling and seat allocation round. Learn how is CUSAT 2021 result is prepared, how to check it, and more details here.
Latest – CUSAT CAT 2021 UG and PG rank list is out. Check it from the link below.
CUSAT 2021 Result
Check Result – Click Here to check CUSAT 2021 UG and PG rank list 2021.
It is the responsibility of the shortlisted candidates to appear for group discussion and personal interview after the declaration of result. Check the table given below to know more about CUSAT 2021 result.
|CUSAT 2021 Result||Important Dates|
|Date of Examination|
|Date of Result 2021||06 Jul 2021 – M.Tech|
27 July 2021 – MBA Supplementary and MBA Main
|Date for UG & PG result 2021||11 Aug 2021|
More Rank List – Candidates can check CUSAT 2021 Result via the direct link is given below.
– Click here to check the CUSAT CAT Result / Rank List 2021 of M.Sc Industrial Fisheries Ranklist
– Click here to check the CUSAT CAT Result / Rank List 2021 of MBA Supplementary Ranklist.
– Click here to check the CUSAT CAT Result / Rank List 2021 of MBA Main Ranklist.
– Click here to check the CUSAT CAT Result / Rank List 2021 of M.Tech GATE
– Click here to check the CUSAT CAT Result / Rank List 2021 of M.Tech Marine Engineering
Official Website: cusat.nic.in
CUSAT Admission to the M.Tech Programme Notice
CUSAT 2021 Overview
|Name of Examination||CUSAT Exam 2021|
|Full name||Cochin University of Science and Technology Exam 2021|
|Conducting Authority||Cochin University of Science and Technology|
|Mode of Application form||Online mode|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Phil, MCA, MA, etc|
Courses Offered under CUSAT CAT
CUSAT Common Admission Test is conducted for various undergraduate and post-graduate courses except M.Phil / Ph.D. courses. Candidates who have valid score of GATE, KMAT/CMAT/CAT(IIM) score can apply for M.Tech and MBA programmes respectively. However, they do not need to appear for CUSAT CAT. Check the list of the programmes given below.
- Law courses (BBA LLB, B,Com LLB, LLM)
Compilation of CUSAT CAT 2021 Rank List
A rank list is published on the official website at cusat.ac.in. It is prepared keeping in mind the marking scheme of the exam. Candidates can have a look at the marking scheme for CUSAT CAT 2021 given below.
- For the correct answers, 03 marks will be awarded.
- For each wrong answer, 01 marks will be deducted.
How is rank list prepared: The rank list is prepared according to the percentile index. The percentile is prepared keeping in note the following given formula.
Formula: [(n+1-p)/n] x S x 100, where n is the number of candidates appeared for test in a particular subject and p is the position as per the CUSAT CAT score and S is the actual score of the candidate.
Rank List for BBA LLB and B.Com LLB
Candidates can check the below points to see how rank list is prepared for the above mentioned courses.
|Part 1 of CUSAT CAT||40%|
|Part 2 of CUSAT CAT||40%|
Rank List for 3 year LLB
|Part 1 of CUSAT CAT||25%|
|Part 2 of CUSAT CAT||25%|
Preparation of LLM Rank List
|Part A of CUSAT CAT||35%|
|Part B of CUSAT CAT||35%|
|Group Discussion & Personal Interview||15% each|
Preparation of MBA Rank List
The rank list for MBS programme is based on the mnagement test score, according to the scores in
personal interview and group discussion. The ratio is 70:15:15 respectively.
Preparation M.Tech Marine Engineering Rank List
- 50% to qualifying degree marks
- 40% for the admission test conducted by department and
- Number of experience obtaining the degree
Tie-Breaking Criteria for CUSAT CAT
If in case two or more candidates score same marks then, following tie-breaking criteria is followed for resolving the ties. The tie – breaking criteria vary from programmes to programmes. For detailed information about tie – breaking policy, check the information given below.
Tie-Breaking Criteria for B.Tech programmes and M.Sc Photonics
- Firstly, the marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are considered.
- If there is still a tie, then, the students elder in age are taken into consideration.
- If the tie still persists, then the tie will be solved according to the alphabetical order.
Tie-Breaking criteria for the rest of M.Sc programmes
- The marks secured in Physics and Chemistry CUSAT CAT will be taken together.
- If the tie is still then, the marks in Chemistry will be taken into consideration.
- If the tie still persists, marks obtained in Physics will be considered.
Tie-Breaking Criteria for M.Tech programmes
- If there is a tie in GATE/DAT scores, then, the marks in the qualifying examination is taken into consideration.
- If the marks of the qualifying exam have not been published, then, the marks till VII semester are taken into consideration.
- If the tie still persists, date of birth (in descending order) and name (in alphabetical order) are considered.
How to Download CUSAT CAT 2021 Result?
The candidates can view their result by following the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Click on the link above or go to the official website.
Step 2: Candidates who opt to visit the official website, have to click on the “Rank List” link which is available in the menu bar.
Step 3: On clicking the link, a login portal appeared. It looks as shown below.
Step 4: To access the portal, candidates have to select programme from the drop-down list and then click on the green “View Ranklist” button.
Step 5: After clicking on the view ranklist option, candidates can see the merit list which comprises their registration number, reservation, special reservation etc.
Step 6: Download the rank list so that, it could be used for future references.
Details mentioned on the CUSAT CAT Rank List
After downloading the rank list, candidates are going to observe numerous details necessary for taking admission. Check the details that are mentioned on the rank list.
|Registration number||Candidate’s name|
|Candidate’s name||Roll number|
CUSAT CAT 2021 Selection Procedure
There is set procedure decided by CUSAT for the students who want to take admission in the university. Check the information given below for the same.
- Firstly, the registered candidates have to appear for the CUSAT CAT.
- Then, the shortlisted candidates need to appear for the group discussion.
- After that, a personal interview is conducted.
Admission Procedure for M.Tech part time programmes
Admission is based according to the ranks indicated in the rank list. The other points are given below that are kept in mind at the time of admission for M.Tech courses.
- 50%weightage is given to the qualifying degree marks
- 40% of the admission test conducted by the department and
- number of experience after getting the degree (weightage at the rate of 1% per year of experience subject to a maximum of 10%)
Admission to M.Sc programmes (Industrial Fisheries)
The admission will be based on the rank list prepared as per CUSAT score in one of the specified tests and score obtained in the interview. CAT score and interview score are given weightage in the ration 85:15 respectively.
Seat Reservation for CUSAT CAT
The reservation of seats are done according to the professional and non-professional programmes. Check the information provided below for the same.
|Kerala SC / ST||20%|
|Social and educationally|
backward classes of Kerala
|LCC / SIUC||7%|
|Other Backward Christian||1%|
|Other Backward Hindu||3%|
|Economically backward class among Forward||7.5%|
For professional courses
|Kerala SC / ST||8%|
|Ezhava / Thiyya / Billava Muslim||9%|
|Other Backward Hindu||3%|
|Other Backward Christian||1%|
|Pot making communities||1%|
CUSAT CAT 2021 Counselling
The candidates whose names appear on the rank list are required to appear for the counselling. At the time of counselling, candidates are required to fill their choices via online mode. A seat is allotted to the candidates according to the performance of the candidates in the test.
A counselling fee also has to be paid after the selection of courses. After doing all this procedure, candidates are required to appear at the venue of counselling with the proper set of documents.
About CUSAT CAT
CUSAT conducts Common Admission Test for the students to pursue either UG or PG courses. It is conducted across the country as well as at international centres too. The exam is conducted in the online mode wherein, multiple-choice questions are asked from the subjects concerned. The final admission of the students takes place after the interview and group discussion.
Cochin University of Science and Technology is situated at Kochin, Kerala and was established in the year 1971. It offers the courses at UG, PG, and other higher education level such as M.Phil. The university has its other two campuses situated at Kuttanad, Alappuzha. It is a government owned autonomous university. In the year 2016, it was ranked on the 30th rank by National Institutional Ranking Framework.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Result Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : You can check CUSAT CAT result at cusat.ac.in.
Ans : For viewing the result, you need to select the programme for which you gave the exam.
Ans : Result for CUSAT CAT is published in the form of rank list.
Ans : No, CUSAT CAT can be checked through online mode only.
Ans : CUSAT CAT rank list is prepared according to the percentile of the candidates.
– NIMCET 2021 Notice for non-availability of second-year mark sheet. Download Notice
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.