Director of Medical Education, Assam will issue an Educational Notification for admission into the paramedical course. The Application for the admission process will be available on this official website i.e. www.dmeassam.gov.in. Candidates can check all the required details for DME Assam Paramedical Admission 2018-19 on this page. Candidates are advised to go through the details provided below because only those candidates will be granted admission who will fulfill the eligibility criteria as laid down by the officials and will appear for the entrance test.
DME Assam Paramedical Admission 2018-19
The schedule for various events of DME Assam Paramedical Admission 2018-19 is provided in the table below:
|Online Application Process commences from||1st week of Nov 2018|
|Last date to submit the online application||2nd week of Nov 2018|
|Start of Counseling Date||2nd week of Dec 2018|
|End of Counseling Date||3rd week of Dec 2018|
|Declaration of the Admission List||1st week of Jan 2018|
Official Website: dmeassam.gov.in
DME Assam Paramedical Admission 2017 Counselling
This is for general information of all candidates who applied for admission into 1st year Diploma in Para Medical courses in the Institute of Para-Medical Sciences attached to 5(five) Medical Colleges & Hospitals of Assam for the session 2017, that the 2nd counselling for selection of candidates of the said courses will be held on February 15, 2018.
Those candidates who already got admitted in their respective course and institution as per the 1st counselling and are willing to change their course and institution, they must bring with them the necessary admission receipts, etc. at the time of 2nd counselling, failing of which their change in course and institution will not be allowed.
- Click Here to check the complete 2nd counselling details.
Candidates who will submit their application form before the last scheduled date will be eligible to appear in the DME Assam Paramedical Admission procedure. It is compulsory that the candidates who wish to appear NIIFT Mohali Admission 2018 procedure need to register themselves for the process. Candidates can also download the Application form the official website. No application will be entertained after the last date of submission of application form. The application should be put inside an envelope and there should be specifically written as “Application for Paramedical Courses”.
Eligibility Criteria for DME Assam Paramedical Admission is prescribed below:
- Be a citizen of India.
- Be a Permanent Resident of Assam and must furnish a Certificate to this effect.
- The provision of Permanent Resident Certificate shall not be applicable to the Sons/ Daughters of the employees of the Govt. of Assam.
- The minimum qualification for selection of the candidates is H.S.S.L.C. (Sc.) (10+2) or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with a minimum of 45o/’ marks in case of General Candidates and 40% for OBC/MOBC, SC, ST(P) and ST(H) candidates.
Age Limit: Student has to be in the age limit of 17-24 years on 31st December of 2018. Upper age limit is relaxable by 3 years for OBC/MOBC, SC, ST(P) and ST(H) candidates.
Attested Copies of the Following Documents are to be enclosed along with the Application Forms:
- Passport size photograph pasted on the form in the space provided, attested by a Gazetted officer.
- Admit Card of H.S.L.C. Examination (For Age proof).
- Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate of H.S.S.L.C. or equivalent Examination.
- Caste Certificate(whichever applicable).
- Permanent Resident Certificate of Assam.
- Certificate in support of quota applied for (Wherever applicable).
- Unemployed Family Quota Certificate recently issued by local MLA (if applicable).
Its important to all the candidates whoever will apply for admission into 1st-year Diploma in Para-Medical courses in the Institute of Para-Medical Sciences, that they will get call letter after declaration of admission list. The candidates need to carry some of important documents with them during counselling process.
- Marks sheets of L0+2 Exam,
- Admit Card of HSLC examination,
- Pass Certificates, PRC,
- Caste certificates and other relevant documents.
Separate Photocopies of the said documents will be required at the time of counseling for reference purpose.
The following Quota / Reservation of seats shall be applicable.
- OBC/MOBC -15%
- S.C. -7%
- ST(P) – 1.0%
- ST(H) – 5%
- Sons/ Daughters of Socially, Economically and Educationally backward classes ordinarily residing in areas covered by the Assam State Char Development Authority -3%,
- TGL/Ex-TGL – 3%
- Unemployed Family quota -7%
- Physically Handicapped-3%
Selection of candidates for the course and the Institutes will be made Category-wise as per merit (% in PCB) by the process of counseling to be held later on which will be notified through newspaper and official website of the Directorate of Medical Educatiory Assam.
Courses & Seats
Availability of Course & No. of Seats are as follows:
|Name of the Course||No. of Seats|
|Diploma in Medical l,aboratorv Technolosv OMLT)||160|
|Diploma in Medical Radiosraphic Technolosv OMRT)||34|
|Diploma in Cardiac Care Technolosv (DCCT)||13|
|Diploma in Phvsiotherapv (DPT)||38|
|Diploma in ICU Technoloev||32|
|Diploma in Phvsician’s Assistant Course||24|
|Diploma in Emergency and First Aid||10|
|Diploma in OT Technolosv (OT + Anaesthesia + Endosconv)||18|
|Diploma in Dialvsis Technician Course||3|
For reference regarding DME Assam Paramedical Admission check last year(2017) notice – Check Official Notice
Insofar, official details of DME Assam Paramedical Admission 2018 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Asam University releases DME Assam Paramedical Admission 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.