DU PG Admission 2020 – The University of Delhi has released DU PG 1st merit list on November 18, 2020. Candidates can check DU PG 1st, 2nd, 3rd merit list 2020 and new dates from this page. Admission in PG courses in Delhi university is done based on entrance test and direct admission. For 50% of the seats, admission is based on DUET, however, 50% of the seats are reserved for direct admission for students graduating from DU. Seats are also offered in the applicable courses based on CAT / GATE scores. Check here DU PG admission 2020 eligibility, dates, application process, courses, syllabus, and more details.
Latest: Shortlisted applicants can apply for the PG courses whose First list has been displayed till 5:00 pm of November 21, 2020. Scroll down to check the notice.
DU PG Admission 2020
The new dates for DU PG admission 2020 is announced on du.ac.in. They are as follows
|DUET 2020||Important Dates|
|Start date for online Registration||20 Jun 2020|
|Last Date to apply for DU PG Admission 2020||31 Jul 2020|
|Entrance exam date||6-11 Sep 2020|
|1st merit list||18 Nov 2020|
|Admission against 1st merit||18 Nov 2020 (10 AM)|
to 20 Nov 2020 (5 PM)
|Last date to pay the fee for 1st merit list||23 Nov 2020 (11:59 PM)|
|2nd merit list||25 Nov 2020|
|Admission against 2nd merit||25 Nov 2020 (10 AM)|
to 27 Nov 2020 (5 PM)
|Last date to pay the fee for 2nd merit list||30 Nov 2020 (11:59 PM)|
|Commencement of classes||01 Dec 2020|
|3rd merit list||02 Dec 2020|
|Admission against 3rd merit||02 Dec 2020 (10 AM)|
to 04 Dec 2020 (5 PM)
|Last date to pay the fee for 3rd merit list||07 Dec 2020 (11:59 PM)|
DU PG Entrance Test (DUET)
Other Courses Admission
DU PG 1st Merit List 2020
The first merit list for DU PG admission 2020 will be available soon. Keep a watch on this space for DU PG merit list direct link.
DU PG 2nd Merit List 2020
The second merit list for DU PG admission 2020 will be available on November 25, 2020.
DU PG 3rd Merit List 2020
The third merit list for DU PG admission 2020 will be available on December 02, 2020.
DU PG Admission 2020 – Latest Notices
21 Nov 2020 – Shortlisted applicants can apply for the PG courses whose First list has been displayed till 5:00 pm of November 21, 2020.
21 Nov 2020 – The Notice has been released for Admission to PG Courses II.
Click here to download the Notice
13 Nov 2020 – PG Admission Notice has released.
Click here to download above notice.
29 Oct 2020 – DU PG 2020 revised schedule announced
25 Sep 2020 – Check the official notice for the schedule of DU cutoff, admission process and fee payment below:
DU PG Admission 2020 Seat Matrix
Delhi University has released seat matrix for PG admission 2020. It has released for both entrance based and merit-based PG courses. Candidates can check the seat matrix of various PG courses with respect of colleges from the official website, which is du.ac.in or through the below direct link.
Check College Wise Seat Matrix Here: Click here to download the DU PG Admission 2020 Seat Matrix.
DU PG Admission Process 2020
Modes of PG admission
The admission process of Delhi University in PG courses can be categorised into 3 modes:
- Direct admission for DU graduates only (50% seats)
- Admission based on DUET (50% seats)
- Admission via both merit and DUET
Direct admission for DU graduates only (50% seats)
- 50% of the total seats are filled on the basis of the applicants‘ merit in the qualifying exam.
- There are certain courses where merit-based admission is applicable. Not all courses have merit-based admission options. In such courses, candidates who are a graduate of Delhi University can apply.
- A merit list is drawn based on that and selected candidates have to appear for document verification rounds.
Admission based on DUET (50% seats)
- Remaining 50% of the total seats are filled on the basis of applicants‘ rank in DUET and interview / group discussion if any.
- A merit list is drawn based on that and selected candidates have to appear for document verification rounds.
Admission via both merit and DUET
- There are certain PG courses where merit-based and entrance test mode of admission are both applicable.
- Separate merit list is uploaded for merit-based admission and entrance based admission. Merit-based admission list is drawn based on qualifying exam marks and entrance based merit list is drawn based on DUET ranks.
- The students appearing in either merit list have to appear for document verification rounds.
Steps for admission process
Step 1: PG Admission Portal
- The DU PG admission 2020 portal reopens as per schedule.
- The students have to update their information regarding Qualifying Examination etc.
Step 2: Merit list preparation
- Merit lists (category wise) of the selected candidates for DU PG admission 2020 are uploaded on the University / Departments‘ website, as per the schedule. The merit list is drawn based on the merit-cum-preference / rank-cum-preference and the availability of seats in the respective Departments / Colleges
For the merit-based mode in DU PG admission 2020, the applicants shall be considered in the admission list only if their qualifying examination results are updated on the PG Admission portal following portal re-opening.
For the entrance test based mode, even if the applicants‘ qualifying examination results are still awaited, they are considered in the admission list.
Step 3: Admission form
- Selected candidates fill their DU PG admission 2020 forms and takes its print.
- The payment of the online admission fee is to be done here.
Step 4: Report at the admission center to complete admission
- In the DU PG admission 2020 form, the details of the reporting center are given. The students have to visit the reporting center as per the schedule mentioned.
- Carry the admission form and required documents (original and two sets of photocopies). Only the candidates who are marked “verified” based on the documents and eligibility are eligible for admission.
- Students not reporting at reporting center as per schedule are not given admission,
DU PG Courses and Their Mode of Admission
The below table shows the PG courses offered via DU PG admission 2020 and their mode admissions.
|Course||Mode of Admission|
|B.Ed.Special Education (Mental Retardation)||DUET only|
|B.Ed.Special Education (Visual Impairment)||DUET only|
|Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)||DUET only|
|Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.)||DUET only|
|M.A. (HindustaniMusic) Vocal / Instrumental|
(Sitar / Sarod / Guitar / Violin / Santoor)
|Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. Percussion Music (Tabla / Pakhawaj)||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. (Karnataka Music) Vocal / Instrumental||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. Applied Psychology||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. Arabic||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. Bengali||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. Buddhist Studies||DUET only|
|M.A. Comparative Indian Literature||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. East Asian Studies||DUET only|
|M.A. Economics||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. English||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. French Studies||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. Geography||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. German Studies||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. Hindi||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. Hispanic Studies||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. History||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. Italian Studies||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. Japanese||DUET only|
|M.A. Lifelong Learning & Extension||DUET only|
|M.A. Linguistics||DUET only|
|M.A. Persian||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. Philosophy||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. Political Science||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. Psychology||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. Punjabi||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. Russian Studies||DUET only|
|M.A. Sanskrit||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. Social Work||DUET only|
|M.A. Sociology||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. Tamil||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. Urdu||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. / M.Sc.Programme in Environmental Studies||DUET only|
|M.A. / M.Sc. Mathematics||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.A. / M.Sc. Statistics||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.Com||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.Sc. (Mathematics Education)||DUET only|
|M.Sc. Anthropology||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.Sc. Biochemistry||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.Sc. Botany||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.Sc. Chemistry||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.Sc. Computer Science||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.Sc. Development Communication & Extension||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.Sc. Electronics||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.Sc. Fabric & Apparel Science||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.Sc. Food & Nutrition||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.Sc. Forensic Science||DUET only|
|M.Sc. Genetics||DUET only|
|M.Sc. Geology||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.Sc. Human Development & Childhood Studies||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.Sc. Informatics||DUET only|
|M.Sc. Microbiology||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.Sc . Operational Research and|
M.A. / M.Sc. Applied Operational Research
|M.Sc. Physics||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.Sc. Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology||DUET only|
|M.Sc . Resource Management & Design Application||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.Sc. Zoology||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|M.Sc. / M.Sc. – Ph.D. Combined Degree Program in Biomedical Sciences|
(Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Centre of Biomedical Research (ACBR))
|M.Tech. Microwave Electronics||DUET only|
|Bachelor of Library & Information Science (B.LI.Sc)||Merit only|
|Master of Library & Information Science (M.L.I.Sc)||Both Merit and DUET Based|
|Master of Education (M.Ed.)||DUET only|
|Master of Physical Education (M.P.ED.)||DUET only|
|Post Graduate Diplomain Cyber Security and Law (PGDCSL)||Merit only|
About DU Entrance Test (DUET) 2020
The entrance test for DU admission is being conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The entrance test pattern varies for all PG courses. The common factor is that the test is held at the national level and in a computer-based test format.
DU PG entrance exam syllabus:
- Click here to check the syllabus of Department of East Asian Studies Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus of M.A/M.Sc for Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the Syllabus for M.A Hindi for Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus of M.Sc. (Mathematics Education) for Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus of M.A programme for Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus of B.A programme for Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus of B.A (Hons) for Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus of L.L.M, L.L.B, Ph.D. Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the Syllabus of M. Phil/Ph.D. Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus for MA Punjabi entrance exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus for M.Sc Mathematics Education entrance exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus for M.Sc Biochemistry entrance exam.
DU PG Admission 2020 Reservation Criteria
The reservation of seats for various reserved categories in DU is as follows:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7 ½ %|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs)||10%|
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
Last date to Apply for DU PG Admission 2020
The last date to apply for DU PG admission 2020 has been extended again. The notice for the same is given below.
DU PG Admission 2020 Application Form
The online application form for PG admission is released on du.ac.in. There is one common application form to apply for more than one course. Here are some features of the DU PG application form:
1. The DU PG admission 2020 application form is released online only.
2. If applying for the first time candidates have to register first in the admission portal
3. One application form is to be used to apply for multiple courses.
4. Students can apply for merit-based admission only, entrance based admission only, or for both merit and entrance based admission.
5. To submit the DU PG admission 2020 application form, the application fee is to be paid using online mode.
How to apply for DU PG admission 2020?
Step 1: Register
- Any first time user, in order to access DU PG admission 2020 portal, needs to register on the portal.
- To register candidates have to provide details asked.
- On submission of details, a confirmation link is generated on the given e-mail ID.
Step 2: Login
- The students have to click on the link and login using the username and password generated.
- They can also login using registered mobile number and OTP.
Step 3: Fill application form
- To fill the DU PG admission 2020 form, candidates have to fill in the below given details:
- Personal details sections
- Academic details section
- Mode of admission section – merit / entrance / sports / ECA
Step 4: Upload the scanned documents
- All the applicable scanned documents must be uploaded to complete the DU PG admission 2020 application process.
- All documents must be as per the specifications mentioned.
Step 5: Pay the application fee
- The last step is to pay the DU PG admission 2020 application fee.
- The application fee can be paid in the online mode only.
DU PG application fee:
|Category||Fee per course|
|SC, ST, PwD and EWS||Rs. 300|
|UR, OBC and other||Rs. 750|
Documents to be uploaded in online application form of DU PG admission 2020:
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Signature of the applicant
- Self -Attested Class X certificate / marksheet
- Self-Attested Class XII marksheet
- Self-attested copy of SC / ST / OBC / EWS / PwD / KM / CW certificate, if applicable
- Self-attested copies of Sports and / or ECA certificates, if applicable
- Id Card (Aadhaar Card / Voter‘s Identity Card / PAN Card / Passport / Driving License)
DU PG Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020
The eligibility criteria for DU Pg admission 2020 is given below:
Age: There is no age limit to apply for PG admission in DU.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in the respective discipline for which a candidate wishes to apply for.
Sports quota is not applicable for admission in following PG courses:
Master of Library and Information Science
Bachelor of Education / B.Ed. Special Education (MR/VI)
Master of Education
M.Tech. Microwave Electronics
Master of Physical Education
LL.B. / LL.M.
Master of Computer Application
M.A. Social Work
M.Sc. Mathematics Education
About Delhi University
The University of Delhi is a premier university in the country. It was established in 1922 as a unitary, teaching and residential University. DU campus is spread across 69 acres of green. The campus has a good library, a Health Centre, a Bank, a Post Office, DTC Pass Section, and administrative and examination blocks.
Rankings: DU ranks at no. 8 in NIRF ranking. It also ranks at 1st position among the top 25 Central Universities and at 8th rank among top 100 universities by Outlook-ICARE India University Rankings 2019. The University of Delhi has been ranked as 601-800, 156, 130 in Times Higher Education (THE) World. The QS World University Rankings 2020 of DU is 474.
Colleges under DU
Here is the list of 91 colleges that are affiliated to Delhi University:
|Acharya Narendra Dev College||Institute of Home Economics||Satyawati College|
|Aditi Mahavidyalaya||Janki Devi Memorial College||Satyawati College (Evening)|
|Ahilya Bai College of Nursing||Jesus & Mary College||School of Open Learning ( Erstwhile School of Correspondence & Continuing Education)|
|Amar Jyoti Institute of Physiotherapy||Kalindi College for Women||School of Rehabilitation Sciences|
|Aryabhatta College(Formally Ram Lal Anand College-Evg.)||Kamla Nehru College for Women||Shaheed Bhagat Singh College|
|Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College||Keshav Mahavidyalaya||Shaheed Bhagat Singh College (Evening)|
|Ayurvedic & Unani Tibia College||Kirori Mal College||Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women|
|Bhagini Nivedita College||Lady Hardinge Medical College||Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies|
|Bharati College||Lady Irwin College||Shivaji College|
|Bhaskaracharya College of Applied Sciences||Lady Shri Ram College for Women||Shri Ram College of Commerce|
|Bhim Rao Ambedkar College||Lakshmi Bai College for Women||Shyam Lal College|
|Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya||Maharaja Agarsen College||Shyam Lal College (Evening)|
|College of Art||Maharshi Valmiki College of Education||Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for Women|
|College of Nursing at Army Hospital (R&R)||Maitreyi College for Women||Sri Aurobindo College|
|College of Vocational Studies||Mata Sundri College for Women||Sri Aurobindo College (Evening)|
|Daulat Ram College||Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences||Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce|
|Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College||Maulana Azad Medical College||Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College|
|Delhi College of Arts & Commerce||Miranda House||Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College|
|Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research||Moti Lal Nehru College||Sri Venkateswara College|
|Deshbandhu College(Morning)||Moti Lal Nehru College (Evening)||St. Stephen’s College|
|Durga Bai Deshmukh College of Special Edu.(VI)||Nehru Homeopathic Medical College & Hospital||Swami Shraddhanand College|
|Dyal Singh College||Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology||University College of Medical Sciences|
|Dyal Singh College (Evening)||P.G.D.A.V. College||Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute|
|Florence Nightingale College of Nursing||P.G.D.A.V. College (Evening)||Vivekananda College|
|Gargi College||Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute of Physically Handicapped||Zakir Husain Delhi College|
|Hans Raj College||Rajdhani College||Zakir Husain Post Graduate Evening College|
|Hindu College||Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing||National Institute of Health & Family Welfare|
|Holy Family College of Nursing||Ram Lal Anand College||Kasturba Hospital|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education & Sports Sciences||Ramanujan College||Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences|
|Indraprastha College for Women||Ramjas College||G.B. Pant Hospital|
|–||–||All India Institute of Ayurveda|
For more information regarding DU PG Admission 2020, you can refer the Information Brochure.
Official website: du.ac.in
DU PG 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Yes, Online Registration is mandatory for all the candidates applying for the Postgraduate Courses in the University of Delhi.
Ans : Yes, online Registration is mandatory for all the candidates applying for the Postgraduate Courses at the University of Delhi, irrespective of the mode of intake. They have to pay the Application Fee as well.
Ans : NO, the Admit Cards will be provided through the Online Mode only, you can generate it through your registered account.
Ans : After completing your application for one course, you have to apply again for another course by clicking the 'Apply now' link. You have to do a new registration and also have to a separate application fee.
Ans : No, there is no disadvantage to gap year students and they would be treated at par with regular students if they fulfill the required criteria.
Ans : The information related to the Centre will be announced on the PG Admission Portal. The information will also be provided on your Admit Card.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.