DU PG Admission 2019 – National Testign Agency (NTA) has declared the Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) 2019 Result online at nta.ac.in. To check the DUET Result, the candidates require their form number and date of birth. Qualifiers in the DU PG entrance exam 2019 have to then appear for Interview, for whichever course it is applicable for. Candidates applying with their CAT/GATE or any other such scores will not be needed to register online. The DU PG entrance exam was conducted from July 03 – 08, 2019. Read the article below to know all the dates and details about DU PG Admission 2019.
DU PG Admission 2019
Delhi University will be conducting entrance exam for some PG courses, whereas will be taking merit marks in the qualifying exam for some others. It offers postgraduate courses of mostly 2 years, namely LLB, M.Ed., B.P.E.D, B.Ed, M.Sc., M.Tech, B.El.Ed, M.P.Ed, MA, M.C.A, M.Com, B.P.E.D, M.Phil, and Ph.D. Candidates can go through the important dates mentioned below and keep a track on DU PG Adnission 2019.
|DU PG Admission 2019||Date|
|Start date for online Registration for DU Admission 2019||03 –
|DU PG 2019 entrance exam date|
|Notification of First Admission List online on||17 Jul 2019|
|Document verification, approval of admission and payment of fee for First Admission List||17 – 19 Jul 2019|
|Notification of Second Admission List (if required)||22Jul 2019|
|Document verification and approval of admission for Second Admission List||22 – 24 Jul 2019|
|Notification of Third Admission List (if required)||27 Jul 2019|
|Document verification and approval of admission in Third Admission List||27 – 30 Jul 2019|
|Notification of Fourth Admission List; If required||02 Aug 2019|
|Document verification and approval of admission||02 – 05 Aug 2019|
Other Courses Admission
Subscribe Below for All the Updates on DUET 2019 Answer Key and Result
DU PG 2019 Admission Process
Candidates can have a look at the DU PG 2019 admission process from below.
- The applicants are advised to keep checking the PG Admission Portal for updates related to Admission Procedure. The PG Admission Portal will be REOPENED, and the registered applicants will have to update their information regarding Qualifying Examination etc. using their ‘USERNAME’, ‘PASSWORD’or’MOBILE NUMBER’ and ‘OTP’.
- For the MERIT BASED mode, the applicants shall be considered in the Admission List only if their Qualifying Examination results are updated on the PG Admission Portal following portal re-opening.
- For the ENTRANCE TEST BASED mode, even if the applicants‘ Qualifying Examination results are still awaited, they will be considered in the Admission List.
- The formula for conversion of CGPA into percentage for the undergraduate courses of the University of Delhi under the Choice Based Credit System is: Final Percentage of marks (%) = CGPA based on all six semesters x 9.5.
- In case of CGPA, the final calculated percentage will not be rounded off and will be considered only up to 2 decimal places.
- Admission Lists (category wise) of the selected candidates will be uploaded on the University / Departments‘ website, as per the given schedule.
- Both MERIT and ENTRANCE TEST BASED lists (wherever applicable) will be announced together.
- In the Admission Lists allocation is done on basis of MERIT-CUM-PREFERENCE / RANK-CUM-PREFERENCE and the availability of seats in the respective Departments / Colleges.
- It is further to be noted that a candidate‘s name in the Admission List alone does not mean that he / she is admitted. A selected candidate is required to appear for document verification and to pay online Admission Fee within prescribed deadline.
- The selected candidates will login to the PG Admission Portals, download the Admission Form, and take the print.
Admission procedure for School of Open Learning (SOL) and Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board (NCWEB)
The preference for Non-Collegiate Women‘s Education Board (NCWEB)9 and / or School of Open Learning (SOL) for relevant courses will be auto-selected for all the eligible candidates. However, all other procedure for admission will be done by NCWEB / SOL separately
DU PG Admission 2019 Admit Card
Delhi University has issued the DU PG Admission 2019 Admit Card. It is only available in online mode, over the application portal. A candidate is required to login with their credentials to carry it on the day of the exam. The details and the photograph must be visible in the print taken. Along with a printed copy of the DU PG Admission 2019 Admit Card, a candidate will be required to carry any one of the following.
Voter’s identity card
College identity card
DU PG Admission 2019 Syllabus
- Click here to check the syllabus of Department of East Asian Studies Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus of M.A/M.Sc for Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the Syllabus for M.A Hindi for Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus of M.Sc. (Mathematics Education) for Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus of M.A programme for Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus of B.A programme for Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus of B.A (Hons) for Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus of L.L.M, L.L.B, Ph.D. 2019 Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the Syllabus of M. Phil/Ph.D. 2019 Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus for MA Punjabi entrance exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus for M.Sc Mathematics Education entrance exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus for M.Sc Biochemistry entrance exam.
DU PG Admission 2019 Exam Centers
Below, we have mentioned the examination centers list for the DU PG Admission 2019 entrance exam. Candidates will be asked to choose any one of the following exam center options, at the time of applying. If any of the exam centers get canceled, the University will be notifying the same.
- Delhi (NCR)
DU PG Admission 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates can start preparing as per the DU PG Admission 2019 Exam Pattern and the syllabus available for its corresponding course over the university’s official website.
|No. of Questions||100 questions|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Medium of Question Paper||English|
|Negative Marking||Applicable for 1 Mark|
|For every correct answer||4 mark|
|Syllabus||Will be the same as the course syllabus of the corresponding subject, available over DU’s official website|
DU PG Admission 2019 Group Discussion & Interview
Selected candidates will be called for DU PG Admission 2019 Group Discussion & Interview. This round might not be held for all the postgraduate courses. But, as per the notification received for the year 2019, we will intimidate the candidates about the same. Furthermore, the list of shortlisted candidates and dates of the interview shall be notified on the PG admission portal. After qualifying for this round, candidates will be informed about its result declaration as well. So, mostly to pursue any postgraduate course from DU a candidate will be required to qualify the entrance exam and the group discussion & interview round.
DU PG Admission 2019 Result
Delhi University’s PG portal will have the DU PG Admission 2019 Result. It will only be made available online. Candidates will be able to check their entrance examination result, along with their group discussion and interview rounds result. On this basis, a candidate will be able to reserve a seat to which his or her marks matches to the fixed cutoff. Usually, the results will be out by June. Candidates will be required to report to the allotted college, along with necessary documents.
DU PG Admission 2019 – Reservation Criteria
The reservation under each course of DU PG 2019 will be as below:
- Scheduled Caste (SC) – 15%
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) – 7 ½ %
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) – 27%
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) – 10%
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD) – 5%
Q1. Is Online Registration mandatory for all the candidates applying for the PG Admission?
Ans. YES, Online Registration is mandatory for ALL the candidates applying for the Postgraduate Courses (listed in Annexure III) in the University of Delhi.
Q2. I wish to seek admission only through the Merit BASED mode. Do I need to apply through Online Registration? Am I expected to pay the Application Fee?
Ans. YES, Online Registration is mandatory for ALL the candidates applying for the Postgraduate Courses in the University of Delhi, irrespective of the mode of intake. They have to pay the Application Fee as well.
Q3. I need to change / correct my ―Applicant‘s Details‖, which I filled during the ―New User Registration‖. Can I do that?
Ans. YES, Correction(s) will be allowed in the submitted Application Form before the last date of registration against a payment of Rs. 100/- per login.
Q4. : I would like to change my Centre of Entrance Test after completing the Online Application Form. Is it possible?
Ans. NO, at the time of Registration, an applicant can choose any three cities (in order of preference) out of listed eighteen cities as his/her choice to appear for the Entrance Test, but once the application is submitted he / she will not be allowed to change his / her preference. Moreover, his / her preference will be honoured only if considerable number of candidates have given the city as their choice.
Q5. Is it possible to get the Admit Card through postal mode?
Ans. NO, the Admit Cards will be provided through the Online Mode only, you can generate it through your registered account.
DU PG Admission 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates will be required to fulfill these eligibility criteria for the above mentioned DU PG programmes.
- Age Limit – No prescribed age limit for PG courses in Delhi University. Age bar will be prescribed for Medical Council of India (MCI), All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Bar Council of India (BCI), National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE), Dental Council of India (DCI), etc. regulatory bodies.
- Educational Qualification – Interested candidates in order to be eligible will be required to at least have a graduation degree in a related course. For course specific eligibility criteria, a candidate can check it from below.
- Minimum Marks Requirement – It will be different for different PG courses. But, in the case of calculating the minimum CGPA of the qualifying exam, a candidate can make use of this formula.
Final Percentage of marks (%) = CGPA based on all six semesters x 9.5
Click here to Download / View Eligibility Criteria for DU PG Admission 2019 in pdf format.
DU PG Admission 2019 Application Form
Delhi University has released the DU PG Admission 2019 Application Form. The link will be made available on the official website of the Delhi University i.e www.du.ac.in. Over the DU PG Admission 2019 application portal, a candidate will be required to enter some of their personal, educational and contact details. A DU PG Admission 2019 application will be considered complete after the candidate have made the payment of the registration fee.
Registration Fee –
- SC, ST, PwD and EWS: Rs. 300/- (per course)
- UR, OBC and other: Rs. 750/- (per course)
Mode of Payment – Online (Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net Banking and UPI)
DU PG Admission 2019 Courses Offered
Below we have mentioned the courses a candidate will be eligible to pursue from SOL and NCWEB.
PG Courses at SOL
M.A. Political Science
PG Courses at NCWEB
M.A. Political Science
DU Admission 2019 Press Release
Official website: www.du.ac.in
For more information regarding DU PG Admission 2019, Download Information Brochure.