DU PG Admission 2020 – National Testing Agency (NTA)has releases the schedule for admission into various P.G courses in Delhi University. Candidates can apply for the courses on the official website du.ac.in. Candidates can apply for Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) for admissions. It is a university level exam, conducted in online mode (CBT). Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can fill the online application form. Admission into these course will be made on the basis of the merit list prepared by NTA on the basis of the DUET 2020 and for some courses on the basis of the previous year qualifying exam. For more information about DU PG Admission 2020, DUET , eligibility crriteria read the page below.
DU PG Admission 2020
Last year around 222860 candidates have registered for various P.G courses in DU. Candidates can check expected dates related to DU PG Admission 2020 from the page below :
|DU PG Admission 2020||Date|
|Start date for online Registration||02 Mar 2020|
|Last Date to apply for DU PG Admission 2020||31 Mar 2020|
|Entrance exam date||02-09 Jun 2020|
|Declaration of Result||25 Jun 2020|
|Notification of First Admission List online on||03 week of Jul 2020|
|Document verification, approval of admission and payment of fee for First Admission List||03 week of Jul 2020|
Other Courses Admission
DU PG Admission 2020 Courses Offered
Below we have mentioned the courses a candidate will be eligible to pursue from SOL and NCWEB.
- M.A. Hindi
- M.A. History
- M.A. Political Science
- M.A. Sanskrit
- M.A. Arabic
- M.A. Bengali
- M.A. English
- M.A. Hindi
- M.A. History
- M.A. Persian
- M.A. Philosophy
- M.A. Political Science
- M.A. Punjabi
- M.A. Sanskrit
- M.A. Urdu
DU PG Admission 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can start preparing for DU PG Admission 2020 as per given below last year’s Exam Pattern :
- Duration – Duration of the exam is 2 hours
- No. of Questions – 100 questions
- Question Type – Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- Medium of Question Paper – English
- Marking Scheme – For every correct answer +4 mark will be awarded
- Negative Marking – 1 Mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
- Distribution table of questions of B.Ed.
|Section||No of Question|
|Language Comprehension (Hindi and English)||20|
|Subject Knowledge up to class 10th level in|
Social Science, Mathematics & Science
How to Prepare for DU PG Entrance Exam 2020
Candidates can prepare for DU PG Admission 2020 to get admission into desired courses by following the mentioned below tips :
- Follow the routine – Study for at least 8-10 hours a doy and divide the time for eah subjects according to your own comfortability
- Syllabus – Must go through the syllabus of the course and mark all the important topics from syllabus.
- Resive important topics – Learn all the important topics of previous year qualification, it will make easier for you to solve the question without much hassle.
- Practice Previous Year’s Question Papers: Solve previous year’s question paper so that you can get use to the question and it will also help in increasing your speed as the exam will be in online mode.
- Mock Test – Candidates can solve and give the online mock test at the official website. It will increase the efficiency and speed and will boost up your confidence.
Books recommended for DU PG Entrance Exam 2020
Candidates can check the books recommended for preparation of DU PG Entrance Exam 2020 from below :
|A glossary of literary terms by M.H. Abrams||Buy Now|
|German Made Easy by Diego A. Agundez||Buy Now|
|GATE General Aptitude & Mathematics||Buy Now|
|Delhi University M.A. Political Science Entrance Exam Guide||Buy Now|
|Delhi University M.A. Hindi Entrance Test Guide||Buy Now|
DU PG Entrance Exam 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can check the syllabus for DU PG entrance exam 2020 from below
- Click here to check the syllabus of Department of East Asian Studies Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus of M.A/M.Sc for Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the Syllabus for M.A Hindi for Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus of M.Sc. (Mathematics Education) for Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus of M.A programme for Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus of B.A programme for Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus of B.A (Hons) for Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus of L.L.M, L.L.B, Ph.D. Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the Syllabus of M. Phil/Ph.D. Entrance Exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus for MA Punjabi entrance exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus for M.Sc Mathematics Education entrance exam.
- Click here to check the syllabus for M.Sc Biochemistry entrance exam.
DU PG Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates will be required to fulfill these eligibility criteria for the above mentioned DU PG programmes.
- Age Limit – There is no prescribed age limit for PG courses. Age bar will be prescribed for Medical Council of India (MCI), All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Bar Council of India (BCI), National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE), Dental Council of India (DCI), etc. regulatory bodies.
- Educational Qualification – candidates must have a graduation degree in a related course in order to be eligible,
- Minimum Marks Requirement – It will be different for different PG courses. But, in the case of calculating the minimum CGPA of the qualifying exam, a candidate can make use of this formula.
Final Percentage of marks (%) = CGPA based on all six semesters x 9.5
Click here to Download / View Eligibility Criteria for DU PG Admission 2019 in pdf format.
DU PG Admission 2020 Application Form
DU will released the online application form on the official website. Candidates have to register for the application, if he/she is the first time user. Candidates must have a valid email id and mobile no to generate password for further logins. Apply for the course for admission (through Merit based, entrance exam or both based) and fill the application form. Upload documents and Images and pay the application fee requried for applying.
Application Fee –
|Category||Fee (as per last year)|
|SC, ST, PwD and EWS||Rs. 300/- (per course)|
|UR, OBC and other||Rs. 750/- (per course)|
Mode of Payment – Online (Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net Banking and UPI)
DU PG Entrance Exam 2020 Admit Card
Delhi University will issue the admit card of DU PG entrance exam on the official website. It is only available in online mode, over the application portal. A candidate is required to login with their credentials to carry it on the day of the exam. The details and the photograph must be visible in the print taken. Along with a printed copy of the Admit Card, a candidate will be required to carry a valid ID proof for student verficiation.
DU PG Entrance Exam 2020 Exam Centers
Candidates will be asked to choose any one of the following exam center options, at the time of applying:
- Delhi (NCR)
DU PG Admission 2020 Result
Delhi University will declare the result of DU PG entrance exam on the official website. It will only be made available online in PG portal. Candidates will be able to check their entrance examination result, along with their group discussion and interview rounds result. On this basis, a candidate will be able to reserve a seat to which his or her marks matches to the fixed cutoff. Usually, the results will be out by June. Candidates will be required to report to the allotted college, along with necessary documents. University will also release a seperate merit list for Merit Based, Entrance Exam or Merit-Entrance exam both.
DU PG Admission 2020 Reservation Criteria
50% of the total seats will be filled on the basis Merit Based and 50% seats will be filled on the basis of rank in Entrance Test and Interview / Group Discussion. In this university also provide benifts to the reserved categories. Check the seats reservations from below:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7 ½ %|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs)||10%|
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
DU PG Admission 2020 Process
Notification regarding admission will be released in the candidates portal. So candidates are required to check the portal for updates. For the Merit based mode, the applicants shall be considered in the Admission List only if their Qualifying Examination results are updated on the PG Admission Portal following portal re-opening.For the entrance based mode, even if the applicants‘ Qualifying Examination results are still awaited, they will be considered in the Admission List. Admission Lists (category wise) of the selected candidates will be uploaded on the University / Departments
In the Admission Lists allocation is done on basis of MERIT-CUM-PREFERENCE / RANK-CUM-PREFERENCE and the availability of seats in the respective Departments / Colleges. After allocation , candidates have to download the admission form and have to appear for the document verification process.
Admission procedure for School of Open Learning (SOL) and Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board (NCWEB)
The preference for Non-Collegiate Women‘s Education Board (NCWEB)9 and / or School of Open Learning (SOL) for relevant courses will be auto-selected for all the eligible candidates. However, all other procedure for admission will be done by NCWEB / SOL separately
Official website: www.du.ac.in
For more information regarding DU PG Admission 2020, you can refer the previous year Information Brochure.
DU PG 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Yes, Online Registration is mandatory for all the candidates applying for the Postgraduate Courses in the University of Delhi.
Ans : Yes, online Registration is mandatory for all the candidates applying for the Postgraduate Courses at the University of Delhi, irrespective of the mode of intake. They have to pay the Application Fee as well.
Ans : NO, the Admit Cards will be provided through the Online Mode only, you can generate it through your registered account.
Ans : After completing your application for one course, you have to apply again for another course by clicking the 'Apply now' link. You have to do a new registration and also have to a separate application fee.
Ans : No, there is no disadvantage to gap year students and they would be treated at par with regular students if they fulfill the required criteria.
Ans : The information related to the Centre will be announced on the PG Admission Portal. The information will also be provided on your Admit Card.