IBS Business School (ICFAI Business School) conducts ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test (IBSAT) every year. It is a university level exam conducted for admission in MBA / PGPM / PhD program offered at various IBS campuses located at Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune. IBSAT is a university level test conducted at All India level. It is a computer-based test of 02 hours duration which consist of only MCQ type questions. Shortlisting of candidates is done on the basis of their performance in IBSAT entrance exam, group discussion and personal interview. Candidate’s past academic performance, work experience, etc is also considered for final shortlisting.
Admission in MBA/PGPM program is offered at IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Bengaluru, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Hyderabad, IBS Dehradun, IBS Jaipur, IBS Kolkata, IBS Mumbai and IBS Pune campuses and PhD program (full-time/part time) at IBS Hyderabad campus.
IBSAT Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for admission in postgraduate management programs at IBS campuses, candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria as mention below.
- For 2 year management program, all applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of education (on 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis).
- For PhD program, applicants should have completed a minimum of 17 years of regular education (on 10+2+3+2 or 10+2+4+2 basis).
Note: Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria of English medium in graduation have to submit the TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score by May 31.
Academic qualification – Candidates can check the academic qualification required for the courses offered at IBS campuses below:
2 year Management Program
- Should have passed graduation in any disicpline with 50% marks.
- Candidates in the final year degree exam are also eligible to apply.
PhD Program in Management (Full-time / Part-time)
- Should have completed graduation in any discipline with minimum 50% marks.
- Candidates who have a post Graduation in Management (full time with specialization in Marketing/ Finance/ Human Resource Management/ Operations and obtained 55% marks or above can also apply.
- Postgraduation (full-time) degree in Economics, Commerce, Psychology, Sociology, Public Administration, Statistics, Mathematics or in an allied discipline with 55% marks or above
- A Professional qualification like CFA/ CA/ CWA/ CS with 55% and above marks is also relevant for admission.
PhD Program in Economics (Full-time)
- Graduation with 50% and Post-graduation in Economics or allied discipline with 55% and above marks.
IBSAT is an online aptitude test conducted by ICFAI Business school for students seeking admission to the MBA / PhD programs of IBS Hyderabad. It consists of multiple choice questions. IBSAT is of 2 hours duration and is aimed at testing the applicant’s ability in quantitative techniques, data interpretation, data adequacy, vocabulary,analytical reasoning and reading comprehension.
- GMAT/NMAT by GMAC/CAT scores are also accepted in place of IBSAT. Candidates with GMAT, NMAT by GMAC or CAT scores are exempted from IBSAT entrance exam.
- MBA program offered by IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur.
- PGPM(Post Graduate Program in Management) program offered by IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Bengaluru, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Kolkata, IBS Mumbai and IBS Pune campuses.
IBSAT Selection Process
Candidates who have qualified based on IBSAT / GMAT /NMAT by GMAC/CAT score are called for the selection process at IBS Hyderabad in the month of February. The selection process comprises of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The final selection is based on past academic record and performance of the candidates in Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
IBS Fee Structure
The fee structure for different programme and for different institute has been given below.
|Programme||Fee (per annum)|
|MBA program at IBS Hyderabad||Rs. 7.02 lakhs|
|MBA program at IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur||Rs. 2.835 lakhs|
|PGPM program at IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Bengaluru,|
IBS Gurgaon, IBS Kolkata, IBS Mumbai and IBS Pune
|Rs. 4.005 lakhs|
Official website: www.ibsindia.org
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.