IMU CET Eligibility 2020 – Indian Maritime University (IMU) conducts IMU CET every year for the purpose of taking admission in various UG and PG courses. Through the eligibility criteria, candidates who seek admission at IMU CET can evaluate, if they can fulfill the requirement of the University or not. Candidates who are eligible enough as per the guidelines of the University can apply for the same. The application of the non-eligibile candidate will not be accepted by the University. In such cases, the candidature of that candidate will be cancelled and the application fee will be not be refunded. For more information about IMU CET eligibility 2020, candidates can read the information given below.
IMU CET Eligibility 2020
Candidates can check below the eligibility criteria for UG and PG programmes offered at the University.
Age Criteria for UG programmes
- A student must be 18 years as on or before 01st August 2020 and the maximum age limit is 26 year.
- There is a relaxation of 5% in the upper age limit for SC/ST category candidates.
Age Criteria for PG programmes – There is no age resctriction to apply for the PG programmes.
Educational Qualification Criteria for UG Programmes – Candidates should have passed Class 12th in PCM with english as a compulsory subject.
Educational Qualification Criteria for PG Programmes – Should possess a graduation degree form a recognized University.
Other Eligibility requirements
- Martial Status- Only unmarried candidates can apply.
- Passport requirement- Candidate must possess a valid passport
IMU CET 2020 Course-wise Eligibility
Candidates can check below the UG and PG course-wise educational qualification.
For 4-Year B.Tech (Marine Engineering) and 3-Year B.Sc (Nautical Science)
- Should have passed 10+2 or its equiavlent in PCM stream wirth English subject from recognized boards.
- Should have obtained 60% marks in the PCM steeam and 50% marks in the English subject in 10th or 12th Examination
- There is a relaxation of 5% marks in eligibility marks for SC/ST category candidates only.
- Whereas, relaxation of 5% in English marks is applicable to the candidates who are born in and are native of the Lakshadweep and Andaman & Nicobar islands and belongs to their STs; and whose both parents were born in those Islands & belong to the STs of those island.
For 3-Year BBA (Logistics, Retailing and E-Commerce)
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or its equiavlent in any stream
- Should have obtained minimum of 60% marks in any stream and 50% marks in English subject in 10th / 12th Examination.
- There is a relaxation of 5% in the eligibility marks, however, it is not applicable to the English marks.
For 1-Year Diploma in Nautical Science
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent exam with PCM and should ahve obtained 60% marks in PCM stream OR Should have a B.Sc (PCM)/ B.Sc (Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the years) degree and should have obtained marks not less than 60% in aggregate OR Should possess a B.E./B.Tech from IIT or college recognised by AICTE. Candidates should have obtained marks not less than 50% in aggregate.
- Must have obtained 50% or more marks in the English subject in 10th/12th/Degree examinations.
For 4-Year B.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)
- Should have passed 10+2/ equivalent in PCM stream with English subjects in 10/12th exam.
- Must have secured 60% marks in PCM and 50% marks in English subject in 10th / 12th exam
For 3-Year B.Sc (Ship Building and Repair)
- Must have passed 10+2/equivalent by obtaining 50% average marks in PCM and minimum of 50% marks in English subject in 10th / 12th examination.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university with 50% marks in aggregate
- Furthermore, candidates must have obtained minimum of 50% marks in the English subject in 10th or 12th or UG Degree
For 2-Year M.Tech (Marine Engineering and Management)
- Candidates must possess a BE/B.Tech in Marine Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Naval Architecture with at least 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized University. OR
- Should be an associate member of Institution of Engineers Part A and B in Mechanical Engineering with at least 60% marks (by examination) OR
- Should have a MEO Class I Certificate of Competency Issued by Govt. of India
Note: For admission in 2-Year M.Tech (Marine Engineering and Management), candidates with a valid GATE Score in Marine Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Naval Architecture are exempted from IMU’s CET. However, they are considered for admission for residuary seats only.
For 2-Year M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering) / 2-Year M.Tech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering)
- Candidates must be an engineering Graduate in Mechanical/ Civil/ Marine/ Naval Architecture or its equivalent
- Furthermore, they should have secured minimum 60% aggregate marks from a recognised University
IMU CET 2020 Eligibility – Medical
There are various physical fitness and medical criteria which a candidate must fulfill only after which they are considered for admission. Candidates can check the medical eligibility for various UG and PG programmes from the below.
Medical Eligibility for 4-Year B.Tech (Marine Engineering)/ 3-Year B.Sc (Nautical Science)/ 1-Year Diploma in Nautical Science
Candidates seeking admission to the following 3 Marine Programmes must be physically fit and should meet the medical
requirements. Such candidates will have to produce certificate of medical fitness issued by doctors approved by the DGS, Mumbai at the time of admission.
Eye-Sight – For these 3 Marine Programmes, candidates need to ensure that they fulfil the following conditions:
- There shall be no evidence of any morbid condition of either eye or of the lids of either eye which may be liable to risk of aggravation or recurrence.
- Must possess good binocular vision
- Movement of the eyeballs must be full in all directions and the pupils should react normally to light and dark accommodation
- Normal colour vision is tested by Ishihara test char
For Diploma in Nautical Science, and B Sc (Nautical Science) Programmes: Distance Vision unaided 1.0 (6/6) in better eye and 0.67(6/9) in another eye
For B.Tech (Marine Engineering) Programme: Distance Vision unaided 0.5(6/12) in each eye or 0.67(6/9) in better eye and 0.33*(6/18) in the other eye.
Medical Eligibility for other UG and PG courses
All these candidates who qualify the entrance exam need to submit a Physical Fitness Certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner at the time of Certificate Verification.
About IMU CET
Indian Maritime University conducts IMU Common Entrance Test for admission to UG programmes (Marine Engineering), B.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering), B.Sc (Nautical Science), B.Sc (Maritime Science), B.Sc (Ship Building and Repair) and Diploma Nautical Science] and PG programmes MBA (International Transportation and Logistics), MBA (Port and Shipping Management), M. Sc (Commercial Shipping and Logistics) and M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering), M.Tech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering) and M.Tech (Marine Engineering and Management) programmes.
IMU CET 2020 Eligibility Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Indian Maritime University releases the Eligibility Criteria for the IMU CET examination.
Ans : Candidates can check the eligibility for IMU CET examination on the official site of IMU i.e. imu.edu.in.
Ans : Candidates must have passed Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in PCM and 50% marks in English to appear in IMU CET for the B.Sc/B.Tech courses.
Ans : Candidates must have B.E/B.Tech. Degree from I.I.T. or from a college with an average of not less than 50% of marks in the final year and a B.Sc. in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the year, with an average of not less than 60% of marks is required, candidates are also required to score 60% marks in the English language of the qualifying examination to appear in IMU CET for DNS.
Ans : Candidates must have an aggregate of 50% marks in their graduation degree to appear in IMU CET for MBA. SC/ST candidates can get a relaxation of 5%.
Ans : Candidates must have an aggregate of 50% marks in their graduation degree to appear in IMU CET for M.Tech. SC/ST candidates can get a relaxation of 5%.
Ans : Candidate for admission to marine courses (DG Shipping-approved courses) must be physically fit and should meet the medical requirements as specified by the Director-General of Shipping, Mumbai and are required to produce a certificate of medical fitness from a Doctor approved by the Director-General of Shipping. Those candidates who have any kind of disability will not be able to sit for the Test.
Ans : If any candidate is found not eligible for the IMU CET examination then the candidature of that candidate will be canceled and the application fee will not be refunded to him/her.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.