IMU CET Eligibility 2019: Candidates must check the eligibility criteria first before applying for IMU CET 2019. Through the eligibility criteria, aspiring candidates can evaluate that if they can fulfill the requirement of the University or not. Indian Maritime University conducts IMU CET every year for the purpose of taking admission in various UG and PG courses. Candidates who are eligible enough as per the guidelines of the University will be able to apply for the same. The application of the non-eligibility candidate will not be accepted by the University. In such cases, the candidature of that candidate will be cancelled and the application fee will be non-refundable. Candidates must check out the IMU CET Eligibility 2019 by scrolling down the article below.
IMU CET Eligibility 2019
Eligibility Criteria for admissions to various UG & PG Programmes of IMU is given below.
- Age Limit requirement– minimum age:- 18 years and maximum age:- 26 years on or before 01st August 2019.
- Relaxation policy- For applicants belonging to SC/ST, a relaxation of 5% of the aggregate marks will be considered for all programmes except in English subject marks.
- Martial Status- Only unmarried individuals will be considered eligible.
- Passport requirement- candidate must possess a valid passport
(i) For DNS
- Qualifying Exam requirement – B.E/B.Tech. Degree from I.I.T. or from a college recognized by AICTE with an average of not less than 50% of marks in the final year.
- Subjects requirement– B.Sc. in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the year, with an average of not less than 60% of marks.
- Minimum Marks requirement-The candidates should have obtained 60% marks in the English language at 10th or 12th Std or in the Degree course conducted by recognized Board or any University.
(ii) For B.Sc./ B.tech
- Qualifying Exam requirement- 12th class pass
- Subjects requirement– PCM & English subjects.
- Minimum Marks requirement– minimum 60% marks in PCM & 50% marks in English.
(iii) For MBA
- Qualifying Exam requirement- undergraduate degree
- Minimum Marks requirement- at least 50% marks.
(iv) For M.Tech
- Qualifying Exam requirement- graduation degree
- Minimum Marks requirement– minimum 60% aggregate marks.
- Relaxation policy- 5% for SC/ST category
- Medical fitness– candidate should be medically fit. The university may demand to check a medical fitness certificate issued by Doctors approved by Director General of Shipping.
candidates with prescribed GATE/GRE Scores are exempted from IMU’s CET
Candidate for admission to marine courses (DG Shipping-approved courses) must be physically fit and should meet the medical requirements as specified by Director General of Shipping, Mumbai and are required to produce a certificate of medical fitness from a Doctor approved by Director General of Shipping. The candidate must be physically fit and should meet the medical requirements as specified by DGS guidelines. Candidates with Disability (DA) are not eligible for admission to all marine and related courses.
For the above Marine Programmes, the Eye Sight requirements are specified by the Directorate General of Shipping. All the candidates must meet these requirements and will have to produce a certificate of eyesight from a Doctor approved by Director General of Shipping.
1. Candidates seeking admission to the Non-Marine Programmes – B. Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering), BBA (Logistics, Retailing, and eCommerce) and B.Sc (Ship Building & Repair) degree courses will have to submit a Physical Fitness Certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner.
2. Candidates must make themselves satisfied that they are eligible for admission. No Fee (non-refundable category) will be refunded on account of medical ineligibility