IMU CET Eligibility 2018
Eligibility Criteria for admissions to various UG & PG Programmes of IMU is given below.
- Age Limit requirement– minimum age:- 17 years and maximum age:- 25 years on or before 01st August 2018.
- Relaxation policy- For applicants belonging to SC/ST, a relaxation of 5% of the aggregate marks will be considered for all programmes except in English subject marks.
- Martial Status- Only unmarried individuals will be considered eligible
(i) For DNS
- Qualifying Exam requirement – B.E/B.Tech. Degree from I.I.T. or from a college recognized by AICTE with an average of not less than 50% of marks in the final year.
- Subjects requirement– B.Sc. in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the year, with an average of not less than 60% of marks.
- Minimum Marks requirement-The candidates should have obtained 50% marks in English language at 10th or 12th Std or in the Degree course conducted by recognized Board or any University.
(ii) For B.Sc./ B.tech
- Qualifying Exam requirement- 12th class pass
- Subjects requirement– PCM & English subjects.
- Minimum Marks requirement– minimum 60% marks in PCM & 50% marks in English.
(iii) For B.Tech (Lateral Entry)
- Candidates with 60% marks in 4-year Diploma in Ship Building Engineering from the Institute of Ship Building Technology, Goa.
- 3-year Diploma in Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering from the AMET University, Chennai.
- 3-year Diploma in Mechanical Engineering/Civil Engineering from any Institute approved by AICTE.
- Age limit – 18 to 26 years.
(iv) For MBA
- Qualifying Exam requirement- undergraduate degree
- Minimum Marks requirement- at least 50% marks.
(v) For M.Tech
- Qualifying Exam requirement- graduation degree
- Minimum Marks requirement– minimum 60% aggregate marks.
- Relaxation policy- 5% for SC/ST category
- Passport requirement- candidate must possess a valid passport
- Medical fitness– candidate should be medically fit. The university may demand to check a medical fitness certificate issued by Doctors approved by Director General of Shipping.
Candidate for admission to marine courses (DG Shipping-approved courses) are required to produce certificate for medical fitness by Doctors approved by Director General of Shipping. List of approved doctors for issuing the certificate is available at here. The candidate must be physically fit and should meet the medical requirements as specified by DGS guidelines. Candidates with Disability (DA) are not eligible for admission to all marine and related courses.
For DGS-approved courses viz DNS leading to B.Sc (Applied Nautical Science), B.Sc (Nautical Science), B.Sc (Maritime Science) & B.Tech (Marine Engineering), there should not be any degree of squint or any morbid condition of eyes or of the eyelids that is liable to aggravate or recur, pressure of trachoma and iris complication sequel. Candidates must possess good binocular vision (Fusion faculty and full field of vision in both eyes). Movement of the eyeballs must be full in all directions and the pupils should react normally to light and accommodation.
Candidates joining DNS, B.Sc. (Nautical Science) & B.Sc. (Maritime Science) degree course colour vision shall (unaided 1.0 (6/6) in better eye and 0.67 (6/9) in other eye. Normal Colour vision shall be tested by Ishihara test chart.
In case of candidates joining B.Tech. (Marine Engineering) degree course, distance vision (unaided 0.5 (6/12) in each eye or 0.67 (6/9) in better eye and 0.33 (6/18) in other eye. Normal colour vision shall be tested by Ishihara test chart.
DGS Guide lines are available on MS Notice 1 of 2015 and all candidates aspiring for a sea career are advised to go through the same.