JAC Delhi Eligibility 2019 – In order to appear for JAC Delhi 2019 Counselling, a candidate needs to fulfill the eligibility criteria, as laid by the exam conducting body on its official website, jacdelhi.nic.in. There are 5 factors to JAC Delhi 2019 Eligibility, namely age, minimum marks, qualification, region and relaxation on marks criteria. A candidate is advised to go through the eligibility criteria and make sure they fulfill them before filling up the application form. To know more about JAC Delhi Eligibility 2019, keep reading!
JAC Delhi Eligibility 2019 for DTU, IGDTU, IIITD, NSIT Admissions
If any candidate applies to Joint Admission Counselling 2019, without fulfilling any of the eligibility norms, he/she will not be eligible to pursue BE/B.Arch/B.Tech course from either DTU, IGDTU, IIITD, NSIT.
Courses offered by the 4 Universities:
- Delhi Technological University (DTU)- offering 4 years B. Tech.
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW) offering 4 years B. Tech. and 5 years B.Arch.
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi (IIT-D) 4 years B.Tech.
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) offering 4 years B.E.
JAC Delhi 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Only those candidate will be considered registered successfully who satisfy the following conditions. There are multiple levels of standards on which the candidate will be tested such as:- age criteria, based on region to which the candidate belongs, minimum marks criteria, qualifying examination criteria etc. Let us explore them one by one, in detail:-
- Eligibility based on Region
Candidates will be divided based on two regions (a) candidate applying from Delhi Region and (b) candidates applying from Outside Delhi Region.
(i) Delhi Region Candidates – A candidate passing the qualifying examination from a recognized School / College / Institute located within the National Capital Territory NCT) of Delhi will be considered for Delhi Region only.
Reservation Provided – 85% of total seats
(ii) Outside Delhi Region Candidates– A candidate passing the qualifying examination from a recognized School / College / Institute located outside the National Capital Territory of Delhi will be considered for Outside Delhi Region only.
Reservation Provided – 15% of total seats
2. Qualifying Examination Criteria
The qualifying examination for admission to all the participating Universities / Institute will be any of the following examinations:
- Senior School Certificate Examination (12-year course) of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.
- Indian School Certificate Examination (12-year course) of the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- Any other examination recognized as equivalent to the Senior School Certificate Examination of the CBSE
Note: Candidates who have appeared at the Annual Examination in the year 2019 and have been placed in the compartment will not be eligible for admission for the year 2019.
3. Minimum Marks Requirement – Candidates need to fulfill the minimum marks requirement, as mentioned below.
(i) B. E. / B. Tech. Course at DTU, IGDTUW and NSIT
A candidate securing 60% or more marks in an aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, and has passed English as a subject of study at the Senior School Certificate Examination Level (Core or Elective) & having JEE Main 2019 Rank (Paper I) shall be eligible for admission to the first semester of B. Tech, BE course provided he/she has passed in each subject separately.
(ii) B. Tech. Course at IIIT-D
A candidate who has secured 80% or more marks in the aggregate of best of five subjects including Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and 80% or more in Mathematics in qualifying examination AND having JEE Main 2019 Rank (Paper I) is eligible.
(iii) B. Arch. Course at IGDTUW
No candidate shall be admitted to B. Arch. course unless she has passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and also at least 50% in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination or has passed 10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate AND qualified JEE Main 2019 (Paper II) examination.
4. Age Criterion
For all participating institutions, there is no minimum or maximum age criterion.
5. Relaxation in Minimum Marks Requirement –Candidates belonging to various reserved categories namely OBC (Non-Creamy Layer), Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, and sub-categories namely Defence, Differently Abled Person, who apply for seats reserved for them, shall be allowed a concession in the minimum marks criterion as mentioned below:
For NSIT, DTU and IGDTUW only –
- OBC-NCL 5%
- ST, SC 10%
- CW 5%
- PD 10%
For IIIT-D only –
- OBC-NCL 5%
- ST, SC 10%
- CW 5%
- PD 5%
JAC Delhi Application Form
After fulfilling each of these eligibility criteria, as laid by JAC Delhi 2019 exam conducting body, start filling the online registration forms. The forms are made available on its official website, jacdelhi.nic.in. Candidates need to complete the following steps to complete the online registration for JAC Delhi.
- Submission of Registration-cum-Counselling Fee – Candidates need to click the “New Registration” link, fill some details like JEE Main roll number, date of birth, nationality, and status of result and make the payment of the fee.
- Online Registration – Fill some of your personal, contact related details
- Choice Filling – Choose your desired seat, from the available choices and check the fee structure, before proceeding.
- Seat Allotment – After taking the choices filled by a candidate, the authorities make the final allotment.
- Result Declaration – This is the counselling/document verification round, in which a candidate needs to appear with a list of documents to freeze their allotted seat.
- Admission Fee Payment – Make the admission fee payment and join the orientation programme of the college allotted, as per the session start date.