|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
Admission to First Year Engineering courses in Maharashtra is on the basis of MHT CET 2017. Candidates who wish to seek admission in various colleges and universities in BE / B.Tech courses must appear and qualify in the Common Entrance Examination. The Directorate of Technical Education, Mumbai is the Competent Authority for admission to First Year Engineering 2017 – 2018.
Latest: – Provisional Allotment Status for CAP Round – III is now available. Check it through the ” Centralised Counselling” link below.
MHT CET 2017 is the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for BE / B Tech, B.Pharm, Pharm.D courses. MH CET 2017 held for engineering courses on 11 May 2017 in all district headquarters of Maharashtra. For candidates who appeared in the exam and get admission in participating institutes, complete details of DTE Maharashtra Engineering are given here.
Maharashtra Engineering Admissions 2017
DTE Maharashtra has issued a notification for Online Registration, Documents Verification and Application Form Confirmation at Facilitation Centers (FC) by candidates aspiring for admissions to First Year of Full-Time Under Graduate Courses in Engineering and Technology (B. E. / B. Tech) in the Government, Government Aided, University Managed, University Departments, ICT Mumbai and Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutions for the Academic Year 2017-18 in the Maharashtra State.
The Schedule for Submission & Confirmation of Online Application and Display of Merit Lists for Maharashtra/ All India/J & K Migrant/NRI/OCI/PIO, Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries, Foreign National candidates is given below.
Online Registration for Admission
The candidates should apply online on www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/fe2017 as per schedule and fill the Online Application Form step by step.
Candidates who have already registered for MHT-CET 2017 are not required to pay any fees for registration for admission. However other candidates who have obtained score valid for admission in the academic year 2017-18 in JEE (Main) 2017 Paper I and have not registered for MHT-CET 2017 are required to pay fees mentioned below only by Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking etc. through Online mode.
|General Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates & children of Indian workers in Gulf Countries (CIWGC).||Rs. 800/-|
|Reserved Category Candidates of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] & Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only.||Rs. 600/-|
|NRI/OCI/PIO, Foreign National Candidates||Rs. 5000/-|
Eligibility Criteria for various types of candidature for Admission is given below. Also you can check your eligibility directly on the website.
Maharashtra State Candidate, Jammu & Kashmir Migrant Candidates & All India Candidates (AI)
- The Candidate should be an Indian National;
- Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical or Vocational subjects, and obtained at least 50 % marks (at least 45 % marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the above subjects taken together; AND should have obtained score in MHTCET 2017 (PCM) or JEE (Main) 2017 Paper I as the case may be as per the required eligibility mentioned in the admission rules; OR
- *Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 50 % marks (at least 45 % marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only); OR
- *Passed B.Sc. Degree from a Recognised University as defined by UGC. and obtained at least 50 % marks (at least 45% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) and passed XII standard with Mathematics as a subject;
Children of NRI/OCI/PIO, Children of Indian workers in Gulf Countries (CWIGC), Foreign National (FN) Candidates
- The candidate should have passed the HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical or Vocational subjects, and obtained at least 50 % marks in the above subjects taken together;
All the reservations given below shall be applicable to candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only subject to the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria specified by respective authorities from time to time.
Reservation for Backward Class category Candidates:
The percentage of seats reserved for candidates of backward class categories belonging to Maharashtra State is as given below. The percentage of reservation is the percentages of the seats available for Maharashtra candidates, coming under the CAP. Backward class candidates shall claim the category to which they belong to at the time of submission of application form for CAP.
Reservation for sons/daughters of Defence service personnel
Five percent (5%) seats of the total sanctioned intake of an institute, subject to a maximum of five (5) seats in each institute coming under CAP shall be reserved for Children of ex- service personnel who are Domiciled in Maharashtra State (DEF-1), Children of active service personnel who are Domiciled in Maharashtra State (DEF-2), Children of active service personnel (DEF-3) Who are transferred to Maharashtra State but are not domiciled in Maharashtra State, or Who are not domiciled in Maharashtra State but their families are stationed in Maharashtra State under the provision of retention of family accommodation at the last duty station on grounds of children’s education provided further that, such candidate should have appeared and passed the HSC examination from a school/college situated in the State of Maharashtra.
- These seats are within the sanctioned intake and are available as State Level seats
- A combined single merit list of all eligible DEF1, DEF2 and DEF3 candidates shall be prepared.
- Candidates claiming these seats shall produce additional documents in Proforma C, D and/or E as applicable.
- This provision is NOT available to the children of CIVILIAN STAFF who is working /who has worked in the Indian Defence Service.
Reservation for Persons with Disability Candidate
Three percent (3%) seats of total sanctioned intake of all the Institutions under CAP shall be reserved for Candidates with Disability.
- 1% seats for Visually impaired (blind) candidates (P1),
- 1% seats for Speech & hearing impaired (deaf & dumb) candidates (P2).
- 1% seats for Orthopedic disorders, learning disabilities, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphica, Spastic (P3)
The allotment of seats reserved for the Candidates with Disability shall be done on the basis of an inter-se merit of respective type of handicap of such candidates. These seats are available in HU / SL seats for Maharashtra domiciled candidates.
The candidates claiming reservation under this category shall submit the certificates strictly as per the Proforma– F/F-1.
Note: Candidates with Disability should note that on admission to degree course they will not be given any exemptions or additional facility in the academic activities other than those which may be provided by the respective Universities.
Important Instruction to the Candidates
- The List of the institutes identified as Facilitation Centers (FC) and Admission reporting Centers (ARC) is available on the website.
- Candidates who do not want to change the options already filled in for CAP Round I or II, their already filled in & confirmed options will be considered for allotment in subsequent rounds.
- The Information Brochure shall be available for download on website
- The candidates are required to produce the documents in original for verification and Confirmation of Application Form at FC. Candidates are advised to keep the necessary documents ready at the time of Documents verification stage as per the notified schedule.
- If candidates fail to confirm online filled application form at FC, then such applications will be rejected and name of such candidates will not appear in the merit list(s) prepared for the purpose of Admission for both CAP as well as Non-CAP process
- The candidates belonging to SC, VJ/DT (NT (A), NT (B), NT(C), NT (D), OBC and SBC categories should produce “Caste Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of Social Justice & Special Assistance Department and the Candidate belonging to ST category should submit “Tribe Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of Tribal Development Department. All Backward Class candidates excluding SC & ST should produce Non Creamy Layer certificate valid up to 31st March 2018 at the time of verification of documents at FC, if these candidates are not able to produce the Non Creamy Layer certificate, then such candidates will be treated as GENERAL category candidates and such candidates will not be able to claim Reserved seats under the admission process.
- Application received after the last date from candidates belonging to J & K Migrant candidates will be summarily rejected and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Such Candidates will get the Receipt-cum-Acknowledgement through their login after confirmation of application form.
- Reserved category candidates unable to produce Caste/Tribe Validity Certificate are required to submit self-attested Xerox copy of Proforma H on Rs.100/- Non Judicial Bond Paper (available on website for download) and original shall be retained by the Candidates which he/she shall submit to the Institute during reporting for admission.
- Candidates who have registered as a reserved category candidate for MHT-CET 2017 but unable to produce Caste/Tribe certificate for reservation claim during documents verification phase shall have to pay difference of fees of ₹ 200/- at the FC through online mode only.
For more details of DTE Maharashtra Engineering Admissions 2017 – Download Official Notification.