MICAT 2019 Result – The Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad has announced MICAT II result 2019 today. The result for MICAT II 2019 has been announced online on the official website, mica.ac.in. To check the result, the candidates need to log in by entering their User ID and Password. On the basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam, they are shortlisted for admission in the PGDM programme. Furthermore, the score of the entrance exams such as CAT/ XAT/GMAT etc are also considered for the shortlisting of the candidates. You can check more details about the MICAT result 2019 from this page.
Latest: PGDM-C GE & PI Shortlist has been released. Click on the direct link below to check the same.
MICAT 2019 Result
The candidates can check the complete schedule for the declaration of MICAT Result for PGDM-C, FPM-C, CCC from the table below.
|MICAT 2019 Result||PGDM-C||FPM-C||CCC|
|MICAT 2019 exam date||01 Dec 2018||09 Feb 2019||Second week of April 2019||First week of March 2019|
|Date for declaration of Result||18 Dec 2018||19 Feb 2019||Third week of April 2019||Second week of April 2019|
How to Check MICAT 2019 Result?
The candidates can check and download the score card for MICAT 2019 by simply following the instructions as given below:
- Click on the direct link on this page for downloading the MICAT 2019 Score card
- On clicking the direct link, the candidates will land on the login page for MICAT 2019.
- Next, the aspirants will have to log in by entering details such as User ID and Password.
- Click on the “Login” button to submit the details.
- On submitting the correct login credentials, your result for MICAT 2019 will appear on the screen.
- Lastly. you can download and take its print out for future reference.
Evaluation of MICAT 2019 Result
As per the information provided on the official website, the score obtained individually by a candidate in a particular sub-section of MICAT-I/MICAT-II, e.g. Verbal Ability will be converted into a Normalized Score. Normalization is a process for ensuring that the candidates are neither advantaged nor disadvantaged by the difficulty of exams that they appear for. The institute has mentioned that the total MICAT-I/ MICAT-II score will also be Normalized using appropriate statistical methods.
Selection Process for MICAT 2019
The MICAT 2019 Selection process involves three steps. The process is described below:
Step 1: CAT/ XAT/GMAT
It is important that the candidates should have appeared in any of the entrance examination mentioned. Furthermore, the applicants need to enter their score details in the online application form which you would like to submit. The acceptable entrance exams for admission in PGDMC programme are:
- CAT 2018
- XAT 2019
- GMAT 2017
The aspirants need to update their score details on the official website on or before January 30, 2019.
Step-II: MICA Admission Test (MICAT)
The candidates who appeared for MICAT 2019 are assessed on the following:
- Section A: Psychometric Test
- Section B: (4 sub-sections) – Verbal ability, Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation, General awareness; Divergent and Convergent Thinking
- Section C: Descriptive Test
Step-III: GE & PI
All the candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their performance in CAT/XAT/GMAT & MICAT shall appear for both GE & PI.
MICAT 2019 Merit-List
On the basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance examination, the Institute prepare a merit list. There are two types of merit list which is published by the Institute. The first merit list is prepared on the basis of their performance in CAT/XAT/GMAT & MICAT. Such candidates will be eligible to appear for both Group Exercise (GE) & Personal Interview (PI). Furthermore, a final merit list is then prepared who qualifies in GE & PI.
Preparation of Merit List for GE and PI
The Institute prepares the merit list for GE and PI on the basis of the following criterion:
- The section A of MICAT 2019, i.,e Psychometric test is qualifying in nature.
- Those who qualifies the Section A, their relative performance on CAT/XAT/GMAT will be considered. Those who obtain a minimum cut-off in CAT /XAT total percentile/GMAT score are considered.
- Now, the qualifiers in CAT/XAT/GMAT performance, their Section B of MICAT will be assessed.
- The candidates will have to obtain minimum cut-off score and after which their Section C of MICAT Assessed.
- The shortlisting of the candidates who qualify on the basis of a, b, c and d (on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut-off in Normalized Scores of Section C of MICAT) shall be considered for shortlisting for GE and PI. Shortlisted candidates will be called for GE and PI at Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai. (GE & PI candidate list is prepared on the Composite Score formula of 50% CAT/XAT/GMAT and 50% MICAT scores)
Each section will have its own cut-off.
Admission Criteria for PGDMC and FMC
All those candidates who appear in GE & PI, and fulfill the following conditions will be considered for the merit list:
- Majority recommendation by all the panel members of PI.
- At least 3.5 or more on a 5-point scale in GE
- At least 4 or more on a 5-point scale in PI
If the candidate falls into the third category then a final composite score (FCS) will be prepared based on the following weightage:
Stage I: Shortlisted aspirants will have to appear for Telephonic interview.
Stage II: Those who qualifies in the telephonic interview will have to appear for MICA’s FPM Admission Test. The FPM Admission Test comprises of three events on three consecutive days namely:
Day 1: Written Test (WT): It will test your theoretical understanding of communication and your ability to interpret data and come up with meaningful conclusions.
Day 2: Individual Presentation (IP): An aspirant will be provided 90 minutes to prepare a powerpoint presentation and he/she will have to deliver the same within 15 minutes in front of the panel experts.
Day 3: Personal Interview (PI): A panel of experts will assess your personality and passion for research.
Aspirants will be selected as per the performance in a written test which will be conducted through internet/ email and if they are shortlisted then they will have to attend the campus interview that will take place at MICA.
If you have any queries regarding MICAT 2019 Result, please ask in comments below.