Indian Institute of Bombay (IIT Bombay) conducts Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for design (B.Des). The exam is conducted for the admission to B.Des programme. The qualifying candidate will have to apply for the admission. The admission of the candidate will be based on the rank obtained and the choice of institute made. UCEED 2019 Aspirants can use the syllabus for the preparation purpose. Check the complete article for UCEED 2019 syllabus.
UCEED 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus of UCEED consists of 6 topics. Check the list of 6 topics UCEED 2019 question will contain.
Visualization and spatial ability
- Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test
- understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships
- knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts
Observation and design sensitivity
- Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them.
- Applying attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring
- Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
Environmental and social awareness
- General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment.
- Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses.
- History of art, sculpture, and literature.
Analytical and logical reasoning
- Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information.
- Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria.
- Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions.
- Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
- Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
Language and creativity
- Ability to understand and use Standard English.
- Reading comprehension
- knowledge of English grammar such as sentence structure and usage, the use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, and active and passive constructions etc., and vocabulary skills.
- Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
Design thinking and problem solving
- Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs, and symbols.
- Ability to understand complexity, identify problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.
Exam Pattern For UCEED 2019
- Mode Of Examination: Computer-based Test
- Duration of Exam: 3 hour
- Mode of Paper: English
- Total Marks: 300
- Number of Section: 3 section ( A, B, C)
|A||Numerical Answer Type||4 marks|
|B||Multiple Select Question||4 marks|
|C||Multiple Choice Question||3 marks|
- No negative marking is done in section A and B.
- -1 (minus one) will be awarded for the wrong answer in Section C.
Books For Preparation
There are plenty of books for UCEED exam preparation. Apart from that, they can take mock test and even solve previous year question paper. Check the list of Books for the UCEED 2019 preparation.
|UCEED Books for preparation||Link to buy|
|UCEED Mock Test Series 2018-19||Click here|
|Cracking CEED & UCEED||Click Here|
|UCEED (B.Des) Entrance book and test series||Click Here|
|NID-NIFT-CEED workbook||Click Here|
|CEED (M.Des) test series||Click Here|
|UCEED Entrance books And Test Series||Click Here|
|UCEED Entrance Books- Analytical Ability||Click Here|
|Comprehensive English||Click Here|
|UCEED Design Environment & Social Awareness In Design Perspective Combined with Mental & Verbal Aptitude||Click Here|
|Nid (B.Des) test Series||Click Here|
Preparation Tips for UCEED 2019
Candidate should utilize their time in the proper way. The main focus should be on the syllabus for UCEED 2019. Candidate should understand the exam pattern very well. Check the tips for preparation for UCEED 2019.
Organize a good schedule for the preparation. Add 8-7 hour for preparation. Divide equal time to all the topics. List down the topics for the preparation. Spend much on the weaker section. But other topics should not be neglected.
Check the Syllabus
Syllabus gives wide view the topics to study for the exam. Mark the topic according to the difficulty level. Syllabus for UCEED 2019 is mentioned above. The syllabus contents 6 topics.
Candidate should be familiar with the exam pattern. Exam pattern helps to understand the marking scheme. The question paper has 3 section. For section C negative marking is done. -1 will be awarded for the negative answer.
Previous year question paper
Aspirants should practice the previous year question paper. It will help the candidate to understand the nature of the exam. Solving the previous question paper candidate can analyze their weaker topic. It even helps to manage the time. Practicing the previous question paper improve the thinking and understanding ability.
Candidates can find plenty of videos related to the UCEED syllabus for preparation. Those videos will be beneficial in visualization and spatial ability, observation and design sensitivity etc topics.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.