UID Ahmedabad 2020- Unitedworld Institute of Design (UID) has released the application form to apply for admission in B.Des and M.Des courses. The application form is available on karnavatiuniversity.edu.in. UID Ahmedabad 2020 written exam for admission will be held on January 26, 2020. Candidates who wish to pursue B.Des in product, fashion, automobile, interior design, etc or M.Des in industrial, visual, interior, textile, knitwear, communication, etc shall fill the application form. To apply for UG program, candidate must have passed 12th standard in any discipline and for applying in PG program, graduation is required from any recognized University. Scroll down to check more about UID Ahmedabad 2020.
Latest: UID Ahmedabad 2020 is available – apply here. The entrance exam will be held on January 26, 2020.
UID Ahmedabad 2020
The admission process consists of three stages which is aptitude test followed by studio test and portfolio evaluation. Candidates can check the UID Ahmedabad 2020 exam dates from the table given below.
|UID Ahmedabad 2020 Result||Dates|
|UID Ahmedabad 2020 registration starts from||14 Oct 2019|
|last date to apply||to be announced|
|UID Ahmedabad 2020 admit card releases in the||Last week of Jan 2020|
|UID Ahmedabad 2020 written exam is held in||26 Jan 2020|
|UID Ahmedabad 2020 written exam Result is released in the||3rd week of Feb 2020|
|Studio test and Personal interview of UID is held in||April 2020|
|UID Ahmedabad 2020 Studio test and Personal interview Result||April and May 2020|
UID Ahmedabad 2020 Application Form
UID application form releases online for undergraduate and postgraduate courses of design. Candidate has to enroll himself / herself before applying for UID 2020 entrance exam. Only one application is to be submitted by one candidate. Multiple application forms are not accepted. UID Ahmedabad will offer 4 years Undergraduate and 2-year Postgraduate programme.
UID Application Fee
Application form is considered complete only after the payment of the fees. The form fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. The UID application form fee is 2000/- for every candidate irrespective of caste, gender, and religion.
Mode of Payment:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Net banking
UID 2020 Preparation Tips
Studying in UID is a dream of every student who wish to pursue their career in the field of designing. However, the competition is tough as various student fight for a particular number of seats. Candidate shall check the below given 5 preparation tips to fly high and get into the college with their own tactics and hard work.
- Work on your observation and visualisation skills. Candidate’s creativity plays the major role in clearing the entrance exam for designing.
- The first round is aptitude test which plays with candidate’s logical reasoning and IQ. The test covers General IQ Test, Critical Analysis Test, and Creative Ability Test. If a candidate is weak in any of these sections, then he / she must start preparing well in advance to avoid the last time chaos.
- Upgrade your general awareness.
- Understand the exam pattern and prioritize according to your skills.
- Give as many as possible Mock Tests and analyse your performance in every section for the written test.
- Work on drawing and sketching skills for other two rounds.
- Make a study plan and follow it regularly- Remember, your biggest tool is consistency.
- Keep a holistic approach. Do not leave things for tomorrow.
Eligibility for UID 2020
Eligibility plays an important role in UID admissions. Candidates who are found ineligible at any stage of the examination process are terminated from the further admission stages. This will lead to the wastage of time and money for the candidates. Hence, only those who are eligible shall proceed to apply for UID Admissions.
The eligibility criteria differs for Undergraduate and Postgraduate course. Candidate can check it from the given points.
For U.G. Program – B. Design
- Candidate must have passed 12th standard in any stream from a recognized board with minimum 50% of aggregate marks.
- Clearance and merit of Design Aptitude Test for admission
For P.G. Program – M. Design
- Candidate must have completed graduation in any stream of minimum 3 years from a recognized University with minimum 50% of aggregate marks.
- Clearance and merit of Design Aptitude Test for admission.
UID Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the exam pattern of UID Ahmedabad 2020 to get a rough idea about the duration of the exam, total number of questions to be asked and the sections of an exam.
- Duration: Two and a half hours (150 minutes)
- Total number of questions: total number of 100 questions are asked in the exam.
|B.Design||M.Design||Other Rounds at UID Campus|
|General IQ Test||Critical Analysis Test||Creative Situation Test|
|Critical Analysis Test||Creative Ability Test||Portfolio Evaluation|
|Critical Analysis Test||Critical Analysis Test|
|Creative Ability Test|
UID Ahmedabad 2020 Selection Process
The admission in UID is given to those candidates who manage to clear all the rounds. Candidates can check the selection process for B.Des and M.Des from the points given below.
- The first criteria to shortlist the candidates is the written test which is an aptitude based test. Those who qualify are called for further rounds.
- The second round is Situation test and portfolio evaluation
- Situation test: Here, candidates are given situations on the basis of which they have to draw models. Also, candidates are asked a few questions for which they have to sketch and answer.
- Portfolio evaluation: It is mandatory to carry a portfolio made by you on the day of portfolio evaluation. This is the last step in the entire selection process.
UID Exam Centre
The following are the exam centre of UID 2020.
Key Points to Remember for UID 2020
Read the following points carefully.
- Candidate shall carry the following things with them on the day of written examination along with the admit card and those are – blue ball pen, lead pencil, 12 shades colour pencil set, erases, sharpeners, pair of scissors, glue, scale / rulers, water / poster colours, brushes and bowls for water. No other materials except those specified here will be allowed inside the examination hall.
- Sleep well before the exam. Research has number of time shown that taking proper and appropriate sleep before exam benefit scores rather than staying awake for hours and gazing at your end time notes.
- Reach exam centre 45 minutes prior to the actual timings.
- Candidate is not allowed to enter the examination hall after 15 minutes of commencement if the test.
- Candidate is not allowed to leave the examination hall within one hour.
Admit Card for UID Ahmedabad 2020
Admit card of UID is made out of the information given by a candidate in the application form. UID releases the common admit card for the written test, situation test and portfolio evaluation. Candidates can download the admit card online only. It is not sent to candidate via post. To download the admit card for UID Ahmedabad 2020, candidates need to login by entering their username and password. On the day of the test, candidates must carry a hard copy of the UID Ahmedabad 2020 Admit card and a valid ID proof.
Details on UID Ahmedabad 2020 Admit Card
Hall ticket of UID has the following details mentioned on it which makes it even more important and those are –
- Candidate’s name
- Roll Number
- Candidate’s photograph
- Candidate’s signature.
- Date of Examination.
- Time of Examination.
- Exam center.
- Other important details.
Note: If there is any discrepancy in the admit card then report the matter to Punjab University on an immediate basis.
UID Ahmedabad 2020 Result
UID exam consist of Aptitude Test + Studio Test + Portfolio evaluation. It is mandatory for all the candidates to give all three tests. Unitedworld Institute of Design (UID) announces the result online at the official website. To check the result, candidates shall enter their username and password. The result for UID 2020 aptitude test is released in the third week of February 2020 for which the written exam was held in the first week of February. Qualifiers of written test are called for studio test and personal interview. Candidates who clear all the rounds are given admissions in the college
United World Institute of Design (UID)
UID comes under the Karnavati University and is situated in Ahmedabad. UID seeks to create trendsetters and ideators who’ll lead the future of design schools in India. UID conducts the admission test for admissions in various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Candidates can check the courses offered by UID from the below-mentioned points.
- Bachelor of Design
- Product design
- Automobile and transportation design
- Fashion design
- Visual communications
- Animation and motion graphics
- Interior design
- Master of Design
- Industrial Design
- Visual Experiential Design
- Interior & Experience Design
- Fashion Styling & Communication
- Textile & Knitwear Design
FAQs for the UID Ahmedabad 2020 Admission
Interested candidates have must passed 12th standard for UG courses and UG passed for PG courses in any stream from a recognized board with minimum 50% of aggregate marks.
The basic selection procedure for UID admission mainly three stages, such as Aptitude Test (written test), Studio Test and Portfolio evaluation. All these staegs shall clear by candidates get admission in UID Ahmedabad.
No distance education programme available for the Fashion Design in UID Ahmedabad.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.