COMEDK UGET 2016 was held on 08 May 2016 for admission to UG Engineering Courses in COMEDK member institutions. Presently 14 Medical, 23 Dental and more than 150 Engineering colleges, who make available almost 20,000 seats, are affiliated to COMEDK and utilise its testing mechanism for effecting admission to UG Programme during the academic year 2016-2017.
- The seat matrix for second round of counselling As on 21 Sep 2016 has been published. Check ‘Counselling’ link below.
KPCF and KUPECA have entrusted COMEDK with the responsibility of conducting the entrance examination and seat selection process. It is the common entrance test for engineering, medical and dental undergraduate programmes.
COMEDK UGET 2016
COMEDK 2016 UGET Entrance Examination was conducted on Sunday the 08 May 2016 for admission to UG Engineering Courses in COMEDK member institutions. The test is Computer Based on All India basis and will be held across the Country.
This is to facilitate the students to take their exam closer to their homes and to minimize the cost of travel and other logistics.
COMEDK B.Arch Admission
Applications seeking admission to UG Architecture course during the academic year 2016-17, in the colleges who accept the merit determination of COMEDK, are invited online from eligible candidates in the prescribed Form available separately.
COMEDK UGET 2016 Important Dates
Important dates for COMEDK UGET 2016 entrance examination has been published. Important dates of the exam highlight the beginning and end of application form submission, issue of admit card, date of exam, declaration of result, conduct of counselling and admissions is given below.
|Availability of COMEDK UGET 2016 online application form||08 Feb 2016|
|Mock Test made available online||20 Feb 2016|
|Last date for offline payment of fee||31 Mar 2016|
|Last date for online payments and apply online||04 Apr 2016|
|Issue of admit card / hall ticket for COMEDK UGET||03 May 2016|
|Last date for downloading of Online Test Admission Ticket (TAT)||07 May 2016|
|Date of entrance exam||08 May 2016|
|Publishing of provisional answer keys||11 May 2016|
|Last date for receiving challenges/objections pertaining
to Provisional Answer Keys
|16 May 2016|
|Final answer key of COMEDK 2016||26 May 2016|
|Declaration of COMEDK UGET 2016 result (test score)||28 May 2016|
|Availability of COMEDK B.Arch 2016 online application form||29 May 2016|
|Last date to apply online for B.Arch course||
Extended Up to 20 June 2016
COMEDK UGET 2016 Eligibility Criteria
The most interesting aspect of the COMEDK UGET is that it is open for candidates all over India. Criteria of eligibility is separately detailed for UG medical and dental candidates, and UG engineering candidates. Some key points of the eligibility are bulleted here.
(A) For UG Medical and Dental Courses
- Candidates should have qualified in second PUC or 10+2 or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government, the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit candidates must have passed these subjects (PCB) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in PCB (40% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State).
- The candidates who are appearing for the prescribed qualifying examination and expecting the percentage of marks as at given above are also eligible to apply.
- Cut off of COMEDK UGET is also prescribed. General Merit candidates must also secure not less than 50% marks (40% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) in aggregate in PCB subjects in the COMEDK UG entrance test.
- English is one of the subjects, as in the previous years, to be tested along with Physics, Chemistry and Biology during COMEDK UGET – 2016. The General Merit candidates should secure not less than 50% marks in English (40% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) in the entrance test. However, the marks so secured in English will not be added for the determination of rank which shall be decided exclusively based on the marks secured by the candidates in PCB subjects. Further, a candidate is not entitled for a rank if he/she fails to secure 50% or 40% of the marks as the case may be in English. The paper on English language will be normally of second PUC or 10+2 standard and will test the candidate’s comprehension of the language, the structure of words, phrases, clauses and sentences.
- (f) Age limit – Medical aspirants for COMEDK UGET 2016 should be at least 17 years old as on 31 Dec 2016.
(B) For UG Engineering Courses
- (a) The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for B.E. is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government; the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- (b) The General Merit candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and should have passed these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects. However, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE will be adopted.
- (c) An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank.
- (a) Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
(C) For UG Architecture Courses
- (a) The prescribed qualifying examination for admission to B. Arch course is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government and having obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka).
- (b) The candidates should have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for both General Merit and Category students. There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course. Candidates seeking B. Arch course shall submit separate application form.
It is advised that you read the detailed eligibility criteria before filling up the COMEDK UGET 2016 application form.
COMEDK UGET 2016 Application Form
Procedure to apply for the COMEDK medical and engineering entrance exams is divided into three stages.
Request for application (RFA): Once you have determined that you are eligible for the entrance exam, go to the online application form as and when it is available. Click on the RFA link and fill in details asked such as name, date of birth, email ID, photo identity proof. On submitting these details, you will get an email containing log in details. Note down the registration number.
Online application form (OAF): Proceed to the online application form of COMEDK UGET and enter all the details asked in it correctly. You will be asked to fill parents / guardian details, communication address, choice of test location. Also, documents such as passport size photograph and signature have to be uploaded. Check that all the details you fill in the form are correct and verifiable.
Physical application form (PAF): On submitting the online form, the physical form will be generated where signatures and seals of prescribed authority have to be appended. This form along with requisite documents have to be sent to authorities as mentioned in the brochure.
COMEDK UGET 2016 Admit Card
The exam is officially known as COMEDK UGET, however some candidates may chose to refer to it simply as COMEDK 2016. If you are still confused, please note that this page is on the Under Graduate Entrance Test, and if referring to COMEDK 2016, it will mean the same.
Test Admission Ticket (TAT) or the admit card of COMEDK UGET 2016 is issued by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental Colleges of Karnataka. This document is essential for appearing in the entrance test, and is issued online at comedk.org.
Hall ticket contains critical information such as the candidate’s roll number, examination date and time, allotted exam center. Admission ticket should be obtained before appearing for the exam.
COMEDK UGET 2016 will be based on the syllabus of 10 + 2 (12th) standard. Questions on Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English are asked to test the candidate’s aptitude in programme of choice. The marks obtained in this entrance test will be used to determine rank, on the basis of which seat allotment will be done. The exam pattern of COMEDK UGET 2016 is given below.
Number of questions in each subject
|Subject||BE||MBBS / BDS||Both|
Marks obtained = Number of correct answers x 1. There is no negative marking. However, for resolution of tie cases, principle of least negative responses is adopted.
COMEDK UGET 2016 Test Centres
The List of test cities for COMEDK are available on the official website at comedk.org. The test cities are allotted to candidates on first come first serve basis, subject to availability. However, COMEDK reserves the right to allot any other test city other than the city chosen by the candidate.
COMEDK UGET 2016 Answer Key
Provisional Answer Keys, Final Answer Keys (post challenge verification) and Test Scores of the candidates will be made available under the individual login, www.comedk.org as per the schedule. Clarifications, if any, should be sought within the dates stipulated. Subsequently the final result made available which will be binding on all candidates and no further claim would be entertained thereafter.
Applicants seeking any clarifications with regard to Provisional Answer Keys.
- Applicant to login using his/ her user ID and password and fill the query in the challenge form provided online, clearly indicating the grievance and with all necessary enclosures.
- Clarification regarding provisional answer key should be submitted online in the format made available with a fee of Rs.500/- (Rupees One Thousand) per clarification to be paid online only.
- Only if the clarification sought is upheld, the money would be refunded in full after the COMEDK UGET 2016 process is completed.
- Any request for clarification of provisional answer keys beyond the last date as stipulated in calendar of events will not be entertained.
COMEDK UGET 2016 Result
The results will be uploaded under applicant login in the COMEDK website (www.comedk.org) for all the eligible candidates only. The final merit / rank is generated based on the performance in the entrance test and the same will be made available as per schedule under applicants login ID.
The date of declaration of COMEDK UGET Result 2016 shall be as per the calendar of events.
Medical entrance exam candidates may please note that the English subject marks are not used in calculating ranks. English test is only qualifying in nature.
Rank Card will be generated only for those candidates who become eligible for admission to Under Graduate Courses as per the regulations of Medical Council / Dental Council of India / AICTE / VTU.
Getting COMEDK UGET 2016 Result and Score
- You can download your score card using your login ID and password.
- The score card will be available to all candidates who have attended the exam.
- COMEDK will not be sending scorecards through post or by email to any candidate. You will have to download the same from the website of COMEDK and take a print of the same so that you can use it at the time of admission and counselling.
- Your score card will contain the raw scores and percentile for each section.
- Raw scores will be the actual marks that you scored for that particular section.
- Percentile refers to percentage of candidates who receive score less than or equal to score obtained by you.
COMEDK UGET 2016 Counselling
Counselling is the process wherein the qualified candidates get to select colleges and branches of choice. Based on merit and preference, seats are allotted in the various rounds of counselling and seat allotment. After each round, those who have been allotted seats are asked to join the particular college. Usually three rounds are held after which extended round or spot round is often held as required.
Note : Candidates have to take a print out of the completed application form and get the same attested by the head of institution last studied in. The print out of attested application form should be brought by the candidate at the time of counseling.
Member Institution Details
There are in all 15 medical, 24 dental and more than 180 unaided, private engineering colleges which are members of COMEDK, across the State of Karnataka and which offer various courses in Medical, Dental or Engineering studies at Under-Graduate level. The courses offered at the Under-Graduate level include MBBS, BDS or B.E programs. Colleges have indicated their willingness to make admission to their Under Graduate courses based on merit in the Common Entrance Test organized by COMEDK (COMEDK UGET – 2016).
Books recommended for COMEDK UGET Preparation
|COMEDK Solved Questions Papers||Buy Online|
|Chemistry for Karnataka CET and COMEDK||Buy Online|
|Biology for Karnataka CET and COMEDK||Buy Online|
|Physics for Karnataka CET and COMEDK||Buy Online|
|Mathematics for Karnataka CET and COMEDK||Buy online|
COMEDK UGET 2016 Information Brochure
Information brochure of COMEDK UGET 2016 contains details of the Under Graduate Entrance Test. Critical information about COMEDK UGET 2016 such as important dates, application form, admit card, result, exam pattern, eligibility, are all given in this document. It is important from the point of view of medical aspirants and engineering aspirants who want to know whether they are eligible for this exam, how to apply, what are the application fees, what is the exam pattern, what is the procedure for seat selection, and so on.
- Click here to view/download the COMEDK UGET 2016 Information Brochure.
Some statistics of COMEDK UGET (previous year)
|Candidates who applied only for COMEDK UGET Medical Entrance Exam||57,277|
|Candidates who applied only for COMEDK UGET Engineering Entrance Exam||37,586|
|Candidates who applied for both engineering and medical||13,622|
|Total number of admit cards of COMEDK UGET released||1,08,486|
|Number of COMEDK UGET medical entrance exam test takers||57,885|
|Number of COMEDK UGET engineering entrance exam test takers||43,981|
|Total number of MBBS seats available||750|
|Total number of BDS seats available||750|
|Number of candidates who qualified for seat selection process (MBBS and BDS)||27,395|
COMEDK UGET 2016 – Exam cancellation for MBBS and BDS
How to prepare for COMEDK 2016?
If you are a student in class 11 or class 12, or a dropper, COMEDK UGET 2016 or COMEDK UGET 2017 must be one of the focus entrance exams. One thing you must know about the test is that the questions are not very difficult as compared to IIT JEE or other entrance exams. However, the number of applicants and test takers for each seat is high, thus increasing the level of competition and lower chances of selection at lower ranks.
Set yourself a target rank of within 100 in COMEDK UGET so that you can get the best college and branch of choice.
Keep your preparation strategy simple and have the following books handy to study from.
|Book||Buy from Flipkart||Buy from Amazon|
|HC Verma Volume 1||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|HC Verma Volume 2||Not Available||Buy on Amazon|
|Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|Objective Physics for Medical Entrance Examinations by DC Pandey||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|16 Years’ Solved Papers 2000-2015 Karnataka CET Medical Entrance||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|16 Years’ Solved Papers 2000-2015 Karnataka CET Engineering Entrance||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|COMEDK Chapter wise Solutions (11 yrs 2005 – 2015) (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English)||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|