COMEDK UGET 2017 is on 14th May. Engineering aspirants can appear in COMEDK UGET 2017 in order to compete for admission to over 20000 BTech seats in member institutions of Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka. COMEDK shall hold Under Graduate Entrance Test in several cities spread across India as computer based test. Result of COMEDK UGET 2017 or simply COMEDK 2017, is valid for admission 2017-2018.
Date of exam
May 14, 2017
COMEDK UGET 2017 Application Form is available from 13th February to 20th April. Those who apply well in time can download hall tickets from 5th May onwards. Admit card holders will get admission to exam center. A mock test of COMEDK 2017 can also be accessed to practice.
|COMEDK 2017 online application form issues||13 Feb 2017|
|Last date for registration and fee payment||20 Apr 2017|
|Availability of admit card||5 May 2017|
|Last date to download admit card||13 May 2017|
|COMEDK UGET 2017 date of entrance exam||14 May 2017|
|Publishing of provisional answer key as well as start date of receipt of objections on provisional key||18 May 2017|
|Last date for receiving challenges / objections pertaining to provisional answer keys||22 May 2017|
|Final answer keys publish||26 May 2017|
|Declaration of COMEDK UGET 2017 result||29 May 2017|
COMEDK UGET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Being the “Under Graduate Entrance Test”, the exam is evidently for class 12 pass students. Although even those who are going to appear for board exams of class 12 / equivalent in March / April 2017 can appear for COMEDK UGET 2017. Another significant factor of COMEDK UGET 2017 eligibility criteria is that it is open for students from all states of India.
Eligibility criteria of COMEDK UGET 2017 must be referred to before applying. Note here COMEDK UGET eligibility criteria specifically for UG engineering candidates. Some key points of the eligibility are bulleted here.
- Passed second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination in which candidates studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- General Merit candidates passed with aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) at least as well as passed these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or any other technical vocational courses as one of the optional subjects.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions
COMEDK UGET 2017 Application Form is available online which can be submitted by 20th April
You will be able to compete for admission to 20,000 seats by appearing in COMEDK UGET 2017. First of all you need to apply to make that happen.
Submit online application form at www.comedk.org. Important dates for application form submission are given above which should be adhered to. Overall 25-30 minutes is needed to fill up form and submit it online. There are few modes available for application fee payment.
Download Admit Card Prior to Exam
Even if you have applied but do not have hall ticket then you will not get entry in exam hall. With this in mind, make sure to head over to official website www.comedk.org to download COMEDK UGET 2017 Admit Card before exam.
Admit cards can be downloaded from candidate login page (which you will be familiar with after applying). Essential details needed to log in are user name and password/date of birth.
COMEDK UGET 2017 is a Computer Based Test Engineering Entrance Exam
Study topics under COMEDK 2017 syllabus. All questions are relevant to topics you have been taught in class 11 and 12 in
|Name of subject||Number of questions|
|Total||180 Multiple Choice Questions|
Exam will have multiple choice questions framed in English language. For correct answer, 1 (one) mark will be awarded. There is no negative marking in COMEDK UGET 2017.
In order to familiarize candidates with exam pattern, a mock test is active at www.comedk.org. Candidates are suggested to at least once go through official COMEDK 2017 mock test.
- Syllabus comprises of topics taught in 10 + 2 / 12th STD / 2nd PUC. You can refer to pue.kar.nic.in for accurate IInd PUC syllabus of Karnataka state.
- Students from other boards may be assured that COMEDK UGET 2017 Syllabus is designed with uniform syllabus for national level test takers.
- Go through all topics you learn in class 11 and 12 in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, for COMEDK UGET 2017.
Check COMEDK 2017 Answer Key After Exam
An important objective of COMEDK and KUPECA is to make admission process fair and transparent. As a part of this objective they release official answer keys after exam.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Answer Key can be obtained through login as per calendar of events. Since it is an online exam and candidates do not have question paper after exam, with answer keys COMEDK will also publish question papers.
Get answer keys – Login to www.comedk.org to get COMEDK 2017 answer key after exam.
Objection against incorrect answers – You can also submit objections against discrepancies in answer key during window available. After that COMEDK will publish final version of answers.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Result will be Declared on 29 May 2017
Candidates who appeared in COMEDK Under Graduate Entrance Test can check result online. COMEDK unveils test scores and rank. Rank/Result of COMEDK UGET 2017 shall lead to admission in engineering colleges who are members of Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK).
Some statistics of COMEDK UGET (previous year)
|Candidates who applied only for COMEDK UGET Medical Entrance Exam||57,277|
|Candidates who applied only for COMEDK UGET Engineering Entrance Exam||37,586|
|Candidates who applied for both engineering and medical||13,622|
|Total number of admit cards of COMEDK UGET released||1,08,486|
|Number of COMEDK UGET medical entrance exam test takers||57,885|
|Number of COMEDK UGET engineering entrance exam test takers||43,981|
|Total number of MBBS seats available||750|
|Total number of BDS seats available||750|
|Number of candidates who qualified for seat selection process (MBBS and BDS)||27,395|
How to prepare for COMEDK 2017?
If you are a student in class 11 or class 12, or a dropper, COMEDK UGET 2017 or COMEDK UGET 2018 must be one of the focus entrance exams. One thing you must know about the test is that the questions are not very difficult as compared to IIT JEE or other entrance exams. However, the number of applicants and test takers for each seat is high, thus increasing the level of competition and lower chances of selection at lower ranks.
Set yourself a target rank of within 100 in COMEDK UGET so that you can get the best college and branch of choice.
Keep your preparation strategy simple.
Admission in Architecture Course is on basis of NATA scores
- Passed second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects. or. A 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government and obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka).
- NATA scores will be used for B.Arch admission 2017. In NATA minimum score needed is 80 out of 200 marks for both General Merit and Category students.
- Candidates seeking B. Arch course shall submit separate application for participation in the Counseling.
Helpline Number: 1800-103-6182.
Email: [email protected]
Official Website: www.comedk.org.
For more information of COMEDK UGET 2017, please read information brochure.