COMEDK UGET 2017 is looked forward to be held in May. Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental, Karnataka (COMEDK) organizes the UGET exam each year for admission to constituent colleges. In fact, Under Graduate Entrance Test (UGET) is a popular entrance exam for students after class 12. At the moment there are 14 Medical, 23 Dental and more than 150 Engineering colleges, with an overall capacity of around 20,000 seats that are to offer admission on basis of result of COMEDK UGET 2017. For the purpose of appearing in the engineering entrance exam / medical entrance exam, candidates can fill and submit application form of COMEDK UGET 2017. Get here latest news and updates of COMEDK UGET 2017 such as pertaining to application form, admit card, result.
Date of COMEDK UGET 2017 exam will be announced by the exam conducting body. Exam is expected to be held in the first / second week of May, 2017.
COMEDK UGET 2017
As the name suggests, COMEDK (Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental, Karnataka) looks after admissions to Medical (MBBS), Engineering (BE / BTech), Dental (BDS) programmes through the Under Graduate Entrance Test.
Until the year 2015 there were two major components of the COMEDK UGET, namely:-
- Engineering Entrance Exam
- Medical Entrance Exam
However, last year the concerned departments in Government of India re-introduced NEET. NEET or NEET UG is the medical entrance exam held at all-India level for all states. As per the new amendments in medical and dental law, NEET 2017 will probably be the single medical entrance exam in India. In the event that happens, COMEDK UGET 2017 shall involve engineering entrance exam in isolation. Otherwise, if the Government allows, COMEDK UGET 2017 could be for both medical as well as engineering. At the moment, students are advised to prepare for both NEET 2017 as well as COMEDK UGET 2017; syllabus is more or less similar.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Important Dates
Important dates for COMEDK UGET 2017 entrance examination will be been published tentatively in the month of December. Calendar of events indicate the important events of COMEDK UGET 2017 and the dates when they will happen. Most important activities include beginning and end of application form submission, issue of admit card, date of exam, declaration of result, conduct of counselling.
|Important event||Expected date|
|Availability of COMEDK UGET 2017 online application form||February 2017, first week|
|Last date for applying for exam and paying fees||April 2017, first week|
|Issue of admit card / hall ticket for COMEDK UGET||May 2017, first week|
|Last date for downloading of Online Test Admission Ticket (TAT)||One day prior to exam|
|Date of entrance exam||May 2017, first week|
|Publishing of provisional answer keys||Two / three days after exam|
|Last date for receiving challenges/objections pertaining
to Provisional Answer Keys
|Until three / four days after issue of keys|
|Final answer key of COMEDK 2017||May 2017, last week|
|Declaration of COMEDK UGET 2017 result (test score)||May 2017, last week|
|Availability of COMEDK B.Arch 2017 online application form||May 2017, last week|
|Last date to apply online for B.Arch course||June 2017, third week|
Please note that insofar details of COMEDK UGET 2017 are not officially available. COMEDK UGET is a popular entrance exam and several students have started searching for its information. To help such students, we have compiled information as per last year’s brochure for reference only. Actual official details will be updated here once COMEDK UGET 2017 information brochure is available.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Being the “Under Graduate Entrance Test”, the exam is evidently for class 12 pass students. Although even those who are going to appear for board exams of class 12 / equivalent in March / April 2017 can appear for COMEDK UGET 2017. Another significant factor of COMEDK UGET 2017 eligibility criteria (that is expected to be valid looking at last year’s criteria) is that it is open for students from all states of India.
Eligibility criteria of COMEDK UGET 2017 must be referred to before applying. Note here COMEDK UGET eligibility criteria specifically for UG medical and dental candidates, and UG engineering candidates. Some key points of the eligibility as per last year’s brochure are bulleted here.
(A) For UG Medical and Dental Courses
- Candidates should have qualified in second PUC or 10+2 or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government, the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit candidates must have passed these subjects (PCB) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in PCB (40% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State).
- The candidates who are appearing for the prescribed qualifying examination and expecting the percentage of marks as at given above are also eligible to apply.
- Cut off of COMEDK UGET is also prescribed. General Merit candidates must also secure not less than 50% marks (40% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) in aggregate in PCB subjects in the COMEDK UG entrance test.
- Age limit – Medical aspirants for COMEDK UGET should be at least 17 years old as on 31 Dec.
(B) For UG Engineering Courses
- The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for B.E. is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government; the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and should have passed these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects. However, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE will be adopted.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
(C) For UG Architecture Courses
- The prescribed qualifying examination for admission to B. Arch course is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government and having obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka).
- The candidates should have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for both General Merit and Category students. There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course. Candidates seeking B. Arch course shall submit separate application form.
Usually eligibility criteria remains constant each year. Nevertheless keep in mind that the above points may or may not be applicable for COMEDK UGET 2017. It is advised that you read the detailed eligibility criteria before filling up the COMEDK UGET 2017 application form.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Application Form
Procedure to apply for the COMEDK medical and engineering entrance exams is divided into three stages.
Entailed here is last year’s procedure for applying. New / revised process will be updated in December 2016.
Request for application (RFA): Once you have determined that you are eligible for the entrance exam, go to the online application form as and when it is available. Click on the RFA link and fill in details asked such as name, date of birth, email ID, photo identity proof. On submitting these details, you will get an email containing log in details. Note down the registration number.
Online application form (OAF): Proceed to the online application form of COMEDK UGET and enter all the details asked in it correctly. You will be asked to fill parents / guardian details, communication address, choice of test location. Also, documents such as passport size photograph and signature have to be uploaded. Check that all the details you fill in the form are correct and verifiable.
Physical application form (PAF): On submitting the online form, the physical form will be generated where signatures and seals of prescribed authority have to be appended. This form along with requisite documents have to be sent to authorities as mentioned in the brochure.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Admit Card
The exam is officially known as COMEDK UGET, however some candidates may chose to refer to it simply as COMEDK 2017. If you are still confused, please note that this page is on the Under Graduate Entrance Test, and if referring to COMEDK 2017, it will mean the same.
Admit card of COMEDK UGET 2017 or Test Admission Ticket (TAT) is issued by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental Colleges of Karnataka. This document is essential for appearing in the entrance test, and is issued online at comedk.org.
Hall ticket contains critical information such as the candidate’s roll number, examination date and time, allotted exam center. Admission ticket should be obtained before appearing for the exam.
COMEDK UGET 2017 is anticipated to be based on the syllabus of 10 + 2 (12th) standard. Questions on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, English are asked to test the candidate’s aptitude in programme of choice. The marks obtained in this entrance test will be used to determine rank, on the basis of which seat allotment will be done. The exam pattern of COMEDK UGET of last year is given below.
Number of questions in each subject
|Subject||BE||MBBS / BDS||Both|
Marks obtained = Number of correct answers x 1. There is no negative marking. However, for resolution of tie cases, principle of least negative responses is adopted.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Test Centres
The List of test cities for COMEDK can be seen on the official website at comedk.org. The test cities are allotted to candidates on first come first serve basis, subject to availability. However, COMEDK reserves the right to allot any other test city other than the city chosen by the candidate.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Answer Key
Provisional Answer Keys, Final Answer Keys (post challenge verification) and Test Scores of the candidates will be made available under the individual login, www.comedk.org as per the schedule. Clarifications, if any, should be sought within the dates stipulated. Subsequently the final result made available which will be binding on all candidates and no further claim would be entertained thereafter.
Applicants seeking any clarifications with regard to Provisional Answer Keys.
- Applicant to login using his/ her user ID and password and fill the query in the challenge form provided online, clearly indicating the grievance and with all necessary enclosures.
- Clarification regarding provisional answer key should be submitted online in the format made available with a fee per clarification.
- Only if the clarification sought is upheld, the money would be refunded in full after the COMEDK UGET process is completed.
- Any request for clarification of provisional answer keys beyond the last date as stipulated in calendar of events will not be entertained.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Result
The results will be uploaded under applicant login in the COMEDK website (www.comedk.org) for all the eligible candidates only. The final merit / rank is generated based on the performance in the entrance test and the same will be made available as per schedule under applicants login ID.
The date of declaration of COMEDK UGET Result 2017 shall be as per the calendar of events.
Medical entrance exam candidates may please note that the English subject marks are not used in calculating ranks. English test is only qualifying in nature.
Rank Card will be generated only for those candidates who become eligible for admission to Under Graduate Courses as per the regulations of Medical Council / Dental Council of India / AICTE / VTU.
Getting COMEDK UGET 2017 Result and Score
- You can download your score card using your login ID and password.
- The score card will be available to all candidates who have attended the exam.
- COMEDK will not be sending scorecards through post or by email to any candidate. You will have to download the same from the website of COMEDK and take a print of the same so that you can use it at the time of admission and counselling.
- Your score card will contain the raw scores and percentile for each section.
- Raw scores will be the actual marks that you scored for that particular section.
- Percentile refers to percentage of candidates who receive score less than or equal to score obtained by you.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Counselling
Counselling is the process wherein the qualified candidates get to select colleges and branches of choice. Based on merit and preference, seats are allotted in the various rounds of counselling and seat allotment. After each round, those who have been allotted seats are asked to join the particular college. Usually three rounds are held after which extended round or spot round is often held as required.
Note : Candidates have to take a print out of the completed application form and get the same attested by the head of institution last studied in. The print out of attested application form should be brought by the candidate at the time of counseling.
Member Institution Details
There are in all 14 medical, 23 dental and more than 150 unaided, private engineering colleges which are members of COMEDK, across the State of Karnataka and which offer various courses in Medical, Dental or Engineering studies at Under-Graduate level. The courses offered at the Under-Graduate level include MBBS, BDS or B.E programs. Colleges have indicated their willingness to make admission to their Under Graduate courses based on merit in the Common Entrance Test organized by COMEDK (COMEDK UGET).
- List of Member Institutions – this is last year’s list.
Books recommended for COMEDK UGET Preparation
|COMEDK Solved Questions Papers||Buy Online|
|Chemistry for Karnataka CET and COMEDK||Buy Online|
|Biology for Karnataka CET and COMEDK||Buy Online|
|Physics for Karnataka CET and COMEDK||Buy Online|
|Mathematics for Karnataka CET and COMEDK||Buy online|
COMEDK UGET 2017 Information Brochure
Information brochure of COMEDK UGET 2017 contains details of the Under Graduate Entrance Test. Critical information about COMEDK UGET 2017 such as important dates, application form, admit card, result, exam pattern, eligibility, are all given in this document. It is important from the point of view of medical aspirants and engineering aspirants who want to know whether they are eligible for this exam, how to apply, what are the application fees, what is the exam pattern, what is the procedure for seat selection, and so on.
- Click here to view/download the COMEDK UGET Information Brochure of last year.
Some statistics of COMEDK UGET (previous year)
|Candidates who applied only for COMEDK UGET Medical Entrance Exam||57,277|
|Candidates who applied only for COMEDK UGET Engineering Entrance Exam||37,586|
|Candidates who applied for both engineering and medical||13,622|
|Total number of admit cards of COMEDK UGET released||1,08,486|
|Number of COMEDK UGET medical entrance exam test takers||57,885|
|Number of COMEDK UGET engineering entrance exam test takers||43,981|
|Total number of MBBS seats available||750|
|Total number of BDS seats available||750|
|Number of candidates who qualified for seat selection process (MBBS and BDS)||27,395|
How to prepare for COMEDK 2017?
If you are a student in class 11 or class 12, or a dropper, COMEDK UGET 2017 or COMEDK UGET 2018 must be one of the focus entrance exams. One thing you must know about the test is that the questions are not very difficult as compared to IIT JEE or other entrance exams. However, the number of applicants and test takers for each seat is high, thus increasing the level of competition and lower chances of selection at lower ranks.
Set yourself a target rank of within 100 in COMEDK UGET so that you can get the best college and branch of choice.
Keep your preparation strategy simple and have the following books handy to study from.
|Book||Buy from Flipkart||Buy from Amazon|
|HC Verma Volume 1||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|HC Verma Volume 2||Not Available||Buy on Amazon|
|Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|Objective Physics for Medical Entrance Examinations by DC Pandey||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|16 Years’ Solved Papers 2000-2015 Karnataka CET Medical Entrance||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|16 Years’ Solved Papers 2000-2015 Karnataka CET Engineering Entrance||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|COMEDK Chapter wise Solutions (11 yrs 2005 – 2015) (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English)||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|