JEE Main 2015 is the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) that will be conducted by CBSE Delhi on 4, 10, 11 April, 2015 in online and offline modes. JEE Main 2015 is the single gateway for admission to engineering colleges in India. Engineering aspirants can get here complete details of JEE Main 2015 such as dates, admit card, syllabus and results.
Statistically, it is the biggest engineering entrance exam in India. All the NITs, IIITs, Centrally funded technical institutes participate directly in the exam. Hundreds of private engineering colleges across the country also take admission on basis of JEE Main 2015 ranks.
JEE Main 2015 – Joint Entrance Examination (Main)
JEE Main 2015 Admit Card can be downloaded by candidates who have submitted the application form by last date. Such candidates who have paid the application fees and entered all the relevant details in the form can get their admit card of JEE Main 2015 at www.jeemain.nic.in, as per scheduled dates.
JEE Main 2015 Important Dates
|JEE (Main) 2015 Paper||Date and Time|
|Paper 1 – Pen and paper based||04.04.2015 (9:30 AM to 12:30 PM)|
|Paper 1 – Computer based||10.04.2015 (1st Shift – 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM, 2nd Shift – 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM)|
|Paper 1 – Computer based||11.04.2015 (1st Shift – 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM, 2nd Shift – 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM)|
|Paper 2 – Pen and paper based||04.04.2015 (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM)|
CBSE has published dates and other information of JEE Main 2015. IITs have also notified that the date of JEE (Advanced) 2015 is May 24, 2015. Students who are preparing for the Joint Entrance Examination can get here detailed information and updates of JEE. Also, queries will be entertained in comments below. JEE Main preparation and guidance, along with regular updates are given on this page.
Stage 1 – JEE (Main) 2015
- Date – 4 April, 2015 (Pen – paper based examination); 10 April and 11 April, 2015 (Computer based examination).
- Pattern – One paper of 3 hours duration with 90 questions. 30 Questions each from physics, chemistry and biology.
- Mode of exam – Online and offline, as per your choice.
Stage 2 – JEE (Advanced) 2015
- Date – 24 May, 2015.
- Pattern – Two papers of 3 hours duration each. Each paper has 60 questions from physics, chemistry and mathematics.
- Mode of exam – Pen and paper based only.
Please note that Paper 1 of JEE Main is for B.E./ B.Tech. whereas Paper 2 is for B.Arch./B.Planning.
Paper 1 can be opted in either pen and paper based mode OR computer based mode.
Paper 2 can only be given in the pen and paper based exam mode.
Gujarat, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Nagaland, Odisha and Uttarakhand have joined the JEE Main exam this year. The overall registrations for JEE (Main) was more than 13.3 lakhs ( > 13,30,000) last year. This year the number of applicants is expected to be even higher. If you are studying in class 12th, please also focus on board exams as well. It is important to score high in class 12th exam as the marks are added (in percentage weightage basis) to determine your JEE rank.
JEE Main 2015 Exam Pattern
The JEE Main Paper 1 is held in both offline and online modes. While filling the form, candidate must select the mode in which he / she wishes to appear in the exam. To decide between online vs offline modes, candidate must chose wisely. Exam pattern of JEE Main 2015 is explained here.
- Duration of exam – 3 Hours
- Paper 1 Sections – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
- Total questions – 90
- Maximum marks – 360
- Marks for correct answer – (+4)
- Marks for incorrect answer – (-1)
- Paper 2 sections – PCM, Drawing and Aptitude Test.
JEE Main 2015 Admit Card
You can download JEE Main 2015 admit card from March 1, 2015. Candidates must know their log in details, as filled and generated in the application form to get their hall tickets. The admit card of JEE Main 2015 must be carried along with other documents, as specified, on the day of exam.
Admit card of JEE Main 2015 is an important document and is compulsory to appear in the online / offline CBSE entrance exam.
To download admit card, go to –
JEE Main 2015 Eligibility Criteria
The JEE Main eligibility criteria needs to be fulfilled in order to appear for the exam. Before applying, you must ensure whether you are eligible to appear or not. The following points outline the Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2015.
- Class 12th qualifying subjects – You should have at least five subjects in class 10+2 qualifying exam.
- Age criteria – Your date of birth should be before 1 October 1990. For SC / ST / PWD candidates, 5 year relaxation is given.
- Year of passing class 12 exam – You shuold have appeared in class 12th exam on or after 2013. If you appeared in 2012 and did not pass, and appeared in 2013 and passed, you are not allowed for JEE Main exam.
- Number of attempts – You can appear in JEE Main exam only three times.
JEE Main 2015 Application Form
The registration for JEE Main exam is online. To appear in the exam, you need to register online at jeemain.nic.in. The JEE Main application form submission is now over. Steps to apply have been detailed as follows.
- Register online by entering email ID and personal details.
- Complete form filling process. Enter educational qualification, communication address, and other information.
- Submit application fee as applicable according to category. Fee payment is to be done online.
- Select online or offline mode of exam.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature.
- After submission of form, take a print out of the form and keep safely.
How to prepare for JEE Main 2015?
With the changes in examination pattern of Joint Entrance Examination, it has become as important to study for your board exams as for engineering entrance exams. Instead of considering only marks scored in the JEE, marks of board exams are also considered under the new normalization rule, the plan needs to be changed when it comes to JEE preparation.
JEE Main 2015 dates are published by CBSE detailing the commencement of application form submission, date of entrance exam, and download of hall tickets.
The JEE Main 2015 exam date is 04.04.2015 for the pen and paper based test and 10.04.2015, 11.04.2015 for the computer based test.
The exam is held in the Online Mode as well as Pen and Paper Based Exam mode.
In the JEE Main online exam, each student is assigned a computer in the test center. When the test begins, the questions appear as multiple choice questions. After reading and solving the question, the correct bubble against the answer has to be selected and then the student can click on “Next” button to to move on to the next question. If a student is not familiar with online exams, it will not be very difficult. The student should only know how to click using a mouse and not have difficulty reading on screen questions.
Befriend the NCERT books
Teachers, parents and many other might have already told you to study from NCERT books. However, we advise you to be absolutely thorough with each and every topic and sub topic given in Class 11 NCERT Books and Class 12 NCERT Books of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Not only should the theory be understood properly, but each question should be attempted at least once.
Especially in the case of JEE Main Mathematics, a student who can easily solve NCERT Math book miscellaneous exercises can as easily score more than 90% in JEE Main maths.
Refer only a limited number of JEE Main reference books
There are too many books available in the market that claim “Quick course in JEE” or “Best book for JEE Main” and so on. You must identify one – two books only and stick to them. Using too many books will only confuse you and slow down your preparation.
Use one book for theory, one for practice.
It is best to refer book by a good author/authors to study and understand concept, and use another book to solve practice problems for JEE Main 2015.
Always practice questions simultaneously. While studying, you may think you have understood everything perfectly, but only when you attempt questions can you actually analyze where your understanding is weak and needs to be done again. If you finish one chapter, the next day attempt at least 20-30 questions of that. If you can answer correctly at least 95% of all the questions you attempt, you can move on to the next chapter. If not, focus on the areas you are getting wrong.
Do not hide from the weak areas
Every student has at least 5-10 topics he / she feels are very tough and cannot be done at all. Remember, it is as important to study those areas as it is do the others. You can never be sure whether a question in JEE Main 2015 will come from that topic or not.
JEE Main 2015 Syllabus
|Physics and measurement||Physical chemistry||Sets, relations and functions|
|Kinematics||Some basic concepts in chemistry||Complex numbers and quadratic equations|
|Laws of motion||States of matter||Matrices and determinants|
|Work, energy and power||Atomic structure||Permutations and combinations|
|Rotational motion||Chemical bonding and molecular strucure||Mathematical induction|
|Gravitation||Chemical thermodynamics||Binomial theorem and its simple applications|
|Properties of solids and liquids||Solutions||Sequences and series|
|Thermodynamics||Equilibrium||Limit, continuity and differentiability|
|Kinetic theory of gases||Redox reactions and electrochemistry||Integral calculus|
|Oscillations and waves||Chemical kinetics||Differential equations|
|Electrostatics||Surface chemistry||Co-ordinate geometry|
|Currrent electricity||Inorganic chemistry||Three dimensional geometry|
|Magnetic effects of current and magnetism||Classificaton of elements and periodicity in properties||Vector algebra|
|Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents||General principles and processes of isolation of metals||Statistics and probability|
|Optics||S – block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)||Mathematical reasoning|
|Dual nature of matter and radiation||P – block elements|
|Atoms and nuclei||D – and f – block elements|
|Electronic devices||Co-ordination compounds|
|Communication systems||Environmental chemistry|
|Experimental skills||Organic chemistry|
|Purification and characterisation of organic compounds|
|Some basic principles of organic chemistry|
|Organic compounds containing halogens|
|Organic compounds containing oxygen|
|Organic compounds containing nitrogen|
|Chemistry in everyday life|
|Principles related to practical chemistry|
To know detailed syllabus, go to –
JEE Main 2015 Results
After the exam, JEE Main 2015 answer keys are published by CBSE. This will be available online from April 18, 2015. On the same day candidates will be able to see images of their ORS sheets. If any candidates wishes to challenge the optical response sheet or answer key, they need to do so before April 22, 2015. Declaration of results is done in two parts.
- First, score obtained by candidates in paper 1 will be published on April 27, 2015. Along with this, list of top 1,50,000 candidates eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2015 will also be published.
- JEE Main result and All India Rank (AIR) 2015 will be declared on July 7, 2015.
On the basis of JEE (Main) 2015 All India Ranks, admission and counselling is done.
JEE Main 2015 Preparation Tips to study for Class 11 and 12 Students.
- After you have studied all the topics relevant to class 11, make a list of topics you are weak in. Before class 12 classes begin, revise them thoroughly and master them! If you keep them for the end, just before the exam, it will be difficult for you to study them.
- Maintain notes of important topics. This is very important because a few weeks before the exam, you will want to go through each chapter, but time will be limited. At such time, your notes will come in handy. You can refer to important formulae, short cut methods and other things that will help you in the exam.
- Do not procrastinate! Each day is important when it comes to cracking important engineering entrance exams. You need to give it your best shot.
- Time management is very important. Make sure you divide your time well between school, tuition / coaching classes (if any), exercise and entertainment.
- For class 12 students, it has to be kept in mind that you have to score high in board exams also. Thus, do not take your school exams lightly as the sessional assessments may reflect what you will actually score in the final exam.
JEE Main Previous year papers solved
Tips to prepare for JEE Main 2015
- While studying, make sure there are no distractions like phone, television or other things.
- After each chapter, solve a wide range of questions.
- If you cannot study for long hours, take constructive breaks. Like going outside to play; physical activity also helps in keeping you fit and give a restful sleep.
- Do not stress yourself. If you are getting nervous while studying, take a deep breath and remind yourself that Everything is possible!
- Take notes while studying.
- If there are difficult chapters or topics, ask a teacher to explain it to you. Then study again and practice questions.
- Take JEE Main mock tests.
- And most important – Do not give up!
More on JEE Preparation – JEE Preparation Books For Reference.
Contact details of CBSE JEE Main 2015
Address: JEE(Main) Unit, Central Board of Secondary Education, Plot No. 149, Block – H, Sector – 63, Noida – 201309, Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.).
Telephone number: 0120-2427342, 0120-2427350.
Email ID: jeemain[at]nic[dot]in.
If there is anything you would like to ask regarding JEE Main or upcoming engineering entrance exams, please ask in comments below.