|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Armed Forces Medical Services conduct Post Graduate training primarily for the Medical/Dental Officers of Armed Forces Medical Services. The AFMC admits candidates for PG Dental courses through the merit of NEET. The candidates who have appeared in NEET (MDS) and are interested in taking admission to AFMC shall apply for AFMC PG Dental Admission 2018. Get all the information about Application Form, Counselling etc on this page.
AFMC PG Dental Admission 2018 Through NEET
The candidates shall be given priority for AFMC PG Dental Admission according to the following criteria.
- Priority-I – AFMS Officers detailed on advance specialist course/other courses as per guidelines of DCI.
- Priority-II – Foreign students sponsored by Government-On approval of DGAFMS/MOD/MEA subject to conditions laid down by the Govt. of India.
- Priority–III – Dental Surgeons sponsored by Para Military Organizations / other Govt. of India Organizations. Sponsorship certificate mentioning the subjects for Sponsorship by the sponsoring authority is mandatory requirement for the candidate to be considered for counseling.
- Priority-IV – Ex-SSC AD Corps Officers released from service after completion of contractual service and within three years after their release from service, i.e. service liability not exceeding beyond 30 Apr for the session starting in May 2018. Officers who have resigned their commission /dismissed /removed from service/ not completed their contractual service are NOT eligible under this category. Such officers are also not eligible as Priority V candidates.
- Priority–V – Civilian candidates willing to serve in the Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) subject to their fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
Source: Employment Newspaper (14-20 Oct 2017)
Attention All: Admission to Post Graduate Dental (MDS) Courses in Armed Forces Medical Services Training Institutes for Priority III, IV & V Candidates through NEET (MDS) – 2018
Director General Armed Forces Medical Services will admit candidates for Post Graduate-
Dental (MDS) Courses at AFMS Training Institutes, for balance of seats, if any after fulfilling the service requirements, for the session starting in May, 2018 on the basis of NEET (MDS) – 2018 to be conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE), New Delhi, under the aegis of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- The seats will be available to Priority III candidates (Para Mil/ other Govt. of India sponsored candidates), Priority IV (Ex-SSC AD Corps Officers) & Priority V (Civilian Dental Surgeons) in that order. It is also likely that no seat may be available for some of the prioritized categories, if the same have been allotted to candidates higher in priority and merit.
- Candidates desirous of pursuing Post Graduate-Dental (MDS) Courses in these training
institutions will have to appear for NEET (MDS) – 2018. Candidates are advised to keep a
lookout for the notification for NEET (MDS) – 2018 by NBE, MoH&FW as & when it is published register & appear online for the said entrance examination.
- Further details will be available on the website of INDIAN ARMY (www.indianarmy.nic.in) in due course of time. The candidates are therefore advised to visit the site & read the Information Bulletin carefully as & when it is uploaded.