Armed Forces Medical Services conducts Post Graduate training primarily for the Medical/Dental Officers of Armed Forces Medical Services. The AFMC admits candidates for PG Dental courses through the merit of NEET. The candidates who have appeared in NEET (MDS) and are interested in taking admission to AFMC shall apply for AFMC PG Dental Admission 2018. Get all the information about AFMC PG Dental Admission 2018 such as Application Form, Counselling etc on this page.
AFMC PG Dental Admission 2018 Through NEET
Admissions for PG studies are strictly governed by Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence & amendments thereof. The admission and training are controlled by the Office of the DGAFMS in accordance with prevalent rules. The priority for admission of candidates is as follows:
- Priority-I – Serving Permanent Commissioned AFMS Officers eligible for Advance Specialist course/Post Graduate degree courses by the DGAFMS as per guidelines of DCI.
- Priority-II – Foreign students sponsored by Government on approval of DGAFMS/MOD/MEA subject to conditions laid down by the Govt. of India
- Priority–III – Dental Surgeons sponsored by Para Military Organizations / other Govt. of India Organizations. Sponsorship certificate mentioning the subjects for Sponsorship by the sponsoring authority is the mandatory requirement for the candidate to be considered for counseling.
- Priority-IV – Ex-SSC AD Corps Officers released from service after completion of contractual service and within three years after their release from service, i.e. service liability not exceeding beyond 30 Apr 2018 for the session starting in May 2018.The date of release should not be before 01 May 2015 or after 30 Apr 2018 for the session starting in May 2018. (Both dates inclusive).
- Priority–V – Civilian candidates willing to serve in the Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) subject to their fulfilling the eligibility criteria. Civilian candidates will execute a Bond Agreement to pay a sum of Rs 29 lacs (Rupees Twenty-Nine Lacs only) to Govt. of India at the time of admission, in case they are unwilling to join AFMS when offered commission on completion of the course. They also have to be medically fit the standards required for the commission in the AFMS at the time of admission.
- Admission to the Post-Graduate Dental (MDS) courses at AFMS institutions is open to graduates of dental colleges recognized by Dental Council of India and who have registered themselves as Registered Dental Practitioners with any State Dental Council. Students who have completed/are completing internship by 31 Mar 2018 are eligible to apply. Priority-V Candidates (Civilian Dental Surgeons) should have secured a mandatory min of 55% marks in final year BDS (aggregate of all subjects).
- Age criteria:
- AFMS Officers: As per extant training rules of AFMS.
- Sponsored candidates: As per Govt. of India rules.
- Ex-SSC AFMS Officers: Maximum permissible age shall be 35 years as on 30 Apr 2018.
- Civilian candidates: Maximum permissible age will be 35 years as on 30 Apr 2018.
- Candidate must have BDS Degree registered with State Dental Council (DCI). Students who have completed graduation are eligible to apply along with Provisional Registration Certificate.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India. (Except for Priority-II Candidates).
- A candidate who is already pursuing MDS course in any Indian/Foreign University shall not be eligible for admission to PG Dental course.
- There is no reservation based on Caste/religion etc. & selection will be purely based on merit.
Process of Admission and Medical Examination
The following process will be adopted by candidates:
- All candidates seeking admission for Post-Graduate Dental (MDS) Courses in AFMS Training Institutions must register on the portal for PG Medical Counseling courses on the website: www.mcc.nic.in. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ascertain whether they meet the requisite eligibility criteria. He / She should check his /her eligibility for Priority/Institution/Subject before participating in the counseling process.
- The candidates shall produce all the Original Certificates for verification, as applicable, to check their eligibility when they report for counseling. Mode of counseling will be intimated subsequently. Civilian doctors will have to undergo the medical examination by the duly constituted medical board so as to assess their fitness for commissioning as per laid down criteria and will be admitted only if found fit.
As per the Govt. of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, there shall be a common counseling for all seats of NEET (MDS)-2018 at the National level to be conducted by Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS). Hence, all eligible candidates desirous of admission to PostGraduate Dental courses (MDS) at Armed Forces Medical Service Training Institutions (AFMS), for the session commencing from May 2018 will have to register with DGHS counseling portal for counseling and make payment of requisite registration fee. Seats to be allotted on merit in order of preference. The website for registration for counseling is www.mcc.nic.in.
Self-attested copy of the following certificates to be submitted by the candidates while reporting for counseling/admission:
- 06 (Six) Passport size photographs
- Copy of the NEET (MDS)-2018 Admit card.
- NEET (MDS)-2018 scorecard. All the candidates should have secured mandatory min qualifying & above marks in NEET (MDS)-2018.
- Class X/ SSLC/ ICSE certificate/Birth certificate issued by the municipality as the valid certificate of proof of age.
- Final year BDS Mark Sheets. Priority V Candidates should have secured a min of 55% marks in final BDS.
- BDS Provisional Pass Certificate/Degree Certificate.
- Compulsory Rotatory Internship completion certificate.
- Permanent/Provisional State Dental Council Registration Certificate.
- Nationality Certificate/ valid passport/ Domicile Certificate (Where applicable)/ voter I- Card issued by Election Commission of India.
- Migration certificate from the university from where BDS was completed.
- Copy of Aadhaar Card.
- Priority III candidates: Para Military Officers/ other Govt. of India Organizations: Subject-specific sponsorship certificate issued by the Respective Para-Military Forces/ other Govt. of India organization is mandatory. This has to be produced in original prior to the counseling without which candidate shall not be allowed to appear for counseling. Original copy of the sponsorship certificate will be required to be deposited at the time of admission.
- Priority IV candidates: In case of Ex-AD Corps/SSC Officers, Release Order from Armed Forces Medical Services by DGAFMS / Dental Directorate and movement order from the last unit for proceeding on release will be required to be produced in original at the time of admission/counseling.
- Priority V candidates: Civilian candidates, if selected, will be required to execute a Bond Agreement to serve as Short Service Commission Officer (SSC service) for 5 years with the Armed Forces Medical Services (Service liability) or pay a number of Rs 29 lacs (Rupees Twenty-Nine Lacs only) to Govt. of India, if unwilling to join on successful completion of the course and subject to being offered the said commission as per GOI.
- Print out of registration slip for PG Medical Counseling with www.mcc.in.
The Post-Graduation seats in Dental Specialities available for counselling for the session 2018 are as follows:
For more details about AFMC PG Dental Admission 2018 Through NEET (MDS) – Download Information Brochure.