Armed Forces Medical Services conducts Post Graduate training primarily for the Medical/Dental Officers of Armed Forces Medical Services. The AFMC admits candidates for PG Dental courses through the merit of NEET. The schedule of PG Dental courses for online counselling has been released, candidates can check it from the below. The registration for First round of counselling is going to starts from March 15, 2019, and the last date to apply for the First round is March 24, 2019. The candidates who have appeared in NEET (MDS) and are interested in taking admission to AFMC shall apply for AFMC PG Dental Admission 2019. Get all the information about AFMC PG Dental Admission 2019 such as Application Form, Counselling etc on this page.
AFMC PG Dental Admission 2019 Through NEET
Admissions for PG studies are strictly governed by Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence & amendments thereof. The admission and training are controlled by the Office of the DGAFMS in accordance with prevalent rules. Below we mentioned the schedule of PG Dental courses for online counselling.
Counselling Schedule for AFMC PG Dental Admission 2019 is given below:
|Registration for counseling begins from||15 – 24 Mar 2019 (up to 05:00 PM)|
|Payment facility will be available till||24 Mar 2019 (up to 12:00 Noon)|
|Facility for Choice Filling/ Locking starts from||19 – 24 Mar 2019 (up to 05:00 PM)|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||25 – 26 Mar 2019|
|Round 1 Result||27 Mar 2019|
|Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College against 1st Round||27 Mar – 03 Apr 2019|
|Registration for counseling begins from||05 – 09 Apr 2019 (up to 05:00 PM)|
|Payment facility will be available till||09 Apr 2019 (up to 12:00 Noon)|
|Facility for Choice Filling/ Locking starts from||06 – 09 Apr 2019 (up to 05:00 PM)|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||10 – 11 Apr 2019|
|Round 2 Result||12 Apr 2019|
|Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College against 2nd Round||13 – 22 Apr 2019|
|Transfer of Non-Reporting & Non-Joining/Vacant seats to State Quota (Only 50% All India Quota)||22 Apr 2019 (at 6:00 PM)|
|Mop – Up Round for Central/Deemed Uni./ESIC only|
|Display of Seats Matrix for Mop-up||10 May 2019|
|Registration for counseling begins from||13 – 16 May 2019 (up to 05:00 PM)|
|Payment facility will be available till||15 May 2019 (up to 12:00 Noon)|
|Facility for Choice Filling/ Locking starts from||14 – 16 May 2019 (up to 05:00 PM)|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||17 – 18 May 2019|
|Mop – Up Round Result||19 May 2019|
|Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College against Mop – Up Round||20 – 26 May 2019|
|Transfer of Non-Reporting & Non-Joining/Vacant seats to Deemed/Central Universities/ESIC||27 May 2019|
|Conduction of Stray Vacancy Round by Deemed/Central Universities/ESIC from||27 – 31 May 2019|
The priority for admission of candidates is as follows:
- Priority-I – Serving Permanent Commissioned AFMS Officers eligible for Advance Specialist course/Post Graduate degree courses by the DGAFMS as per guidelines of DCI.
- Priority-II – Foreign students sponsored by Government on approval of DGAFMS/MOD/MEA subject to conditions laid down by the Govt. of India
- Priority–III – Dental Surgeons sponsored by Para Military Organizations / other Govt. of India Organizations. Sponsorship certificate mentioning the subjects for Sponsorship by the sponsoring authority is the mandatory requirement for the candidate to be considered for counselling.
- Priority-IV – Ex-SSC AD Corps Officers released from service after completion of contractual service and within three years after their release from service.
- Priority–V – Civilian candidates willing to serve in the Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) subject to their fulfilling the eligibility criteria. Civilian candidates will execute a Bond Agreement to pay to Govt. of India at the time of admission, in case they are unwilling to join AFMS when offered commission on completion of the course. They also have to be medically fit the standards required for the commission in the AFMS at the time of admission.
Candidates have to apply through the MCC website to register for counselling process. Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) has started the registration and choice filling/locking process. Candidates can use the links provided below to do the same.
Registration/ Choice Filling/ Locking:
This information regarding the eligibility Criteria for the AFMC PG Dental Admission 2019 Through NEET (MDS) is based on the last year record.
- Admission to the Post-Graduate Dental (MDS) courses at AFMS institutions is open to graduates of dental colleges recognized by Dental Council of India and who have registered themselves as Registered Dental Practitioners with any State Dental Council. Students who have completed/are completing an internship are eligible to apply. Priority-V Candidates (Civilian Dental Surgeons) should have secured a mandatory min of 55% marks in final year BDS (aggregate of all subjects).
- Age criteria:
- AFMS Officers: As per extant training rules of AFMS.
- Sponsored candidates: As per Govt. of India rules.
- Ex-SSC AFMS Officers: Maximum permissible age shall be 35 years.
- Civilian candidates: Maximum permissible age will be 35 years.
- Candidate must have BDS Degree registered with State Dental Council (DCI). Students who have completed graduation are eligible to apply along with the Provisional Registration Certificate.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India. (Except for Priority-II Candidates).
- A candidate who is already pursuing MDS course in any Indian/Foreign University shall not be eligible for admission to PG Dental course.
- There is no reservation based on Caste/religion etc. & selection will be purely based on merit.
The process of Admission and Medical Examination
The following process will be adopted by candidates is based on last year record
- All candidates seeking admission for Post-Graduate Dental (MDS) Courses in AFMS Training Institutions must register on the portal for PG Medical Counseling courses on the website: www.mcc.nic.in. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ascertain whether they meet the requisite eligibility criteria. He / She should check his /her eligibility for Priority/Institution/Subject before participating in the counselling process.
- The candidates shall produce all the Original Certificates for verification, as applicable, to check their eligibility when they report for counselling. Mode of counselling will be intimated subsequently. Civilian doctors will have to undergo the medical examination by the duly constituted medical board so as to assess their fitness for commissioning as per laid down criteria and will be admitted only if found fit.
As per the Govt. of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, there shall be common counselling for all seats of NEET (MDS)-2019 at the National level to be conducted by Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Government of India [Medical Counseling Committee (MCC)]. Hence, all eligible candidates desirous of admission to Post Graduate Dental courses (MDS) at Armed Forces Medical Service Training Institutions (AFMS), for the session 2019 will have to register with MCC counselling portal for counselling and make payment of requisite registration fee. Seats to be allotted on merit in order of preference. The website for registration for counseling is www.mcc.nic.in.
Self-attested copy of the following certificates to be submitted by the candidates while reporting for counselling/admission is based on the last year record:
- 06 (Six) Passport size photographs
- Copy of the NEET (MDS)-2019 Admit card.
- NEET (MDS)-2019 scorecard. All the candidates should have secured mandatory min qualifying & above marks in NEET (MDS)-2019.
- Class X/ SSLC/ ICSE certificate/Birth certificate issued by the municipality as the valid certificate of proof of age.
- Final year BDS Mark Sheets. Priority V Candidates should have secured a min of 55% marks in final BDS.
- BDS Provisional Pass Certificate/Degree Certificate.
- Compulsory Rotatory Internship completion certificate.
- Permanent/Provisional State Dental Council Registration Certificate.
- Nationality Certificate/ valid passport/ Domicile Certificate (Where applicable)/ voter I- Card issued by Election Commission of India.
- Migration certificate from the university from where BDS was completed.
- Copy of Aadhaar Card.
- Priority III candidates: Para Military Officers/ other Govt. of India Organizations: Subject-specific sponsorship certificate issued by the Respective Para-Military Forces/ other Govt. of India organization is mandatory. This has to be produced in original prior to the counselling without which candidate shall not be allowed to appear for counselling. Original copy of the sponsorship certificate will be required to be deposited at the time of admission.
- Priority IV candidates: In case of Ex-AD Corps/SSC Officers, Release Order from Armed Forces Medical Services by DGAFMS / Dental Directorate and movement order from the last unit for proceeding on release will be required to be produced in original at the time of admission/counselling.
- Priority V candidates: Civilian candidates, if selected, will be required to execute a Bond Agreement to serve as Short Service Commission Officer (SSC service) for 5 years with the Armed Forces Medical Services (Service liability) to Govt. of India, if unwilling to join on successful completion of the course and subject to being offered the said commission as per GOI.
- Print out of registration slip for PG Medical Counseling with www.mcc.in.
Below we mentioned information of seat matrix which is based on the last year record.
For more details about AFMC PG Dental Admission 2019 Through NEET (MDS) – Download last year Information Brochure.
Insofar, the only schedule of counselling regarding AFMC PG Dental Admission 2019 Through NEET (MDS)has been announced yet. Information on this page as per last year details. As soon as the conducting body will release the official notification the same will be updated here.